Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Boy for Sale ❯ A Boy for Sale ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

He huddles closer to the thin robes enveloping him, blue eyes warily scanning every creature that walked past. Each one of them is from a different race and color, all of them strange and intimidating like exotic beasts. Life was not always like this; hed once been a happy child unaware of the harshness of life.

He snaps his head up, his mothers quick intake of breath drawing his attention. She stands, his protective cocoon vanishing leaving him exposed upon the platform.

Vegita! A man starts in the crowd parting from his fellow, sharp face and dark wild hair focusing upon them. His Kassan waves, sea colored features pleading with this stranger to come over. He stalls a moment recognition flickering slowly in his gaze before the cold man moves toward them. His dark blue and gold armor denoting him as a member of the hated Planet Traders and Trunks recognizes his expression. It is the same as those who had captured them, the face of a killer. Thank Kami. His mother breathes Vegita, you cant know how happy I am to see you.

Funny, I seem to remember you begging me to go last time we met. The man answered sarcastically, a cold sneer dominating his features.

No Vegita that was-

Under better circumstances. And now that you need my help youre willing to come begging once again. Only this time Im not listening. Have a nice life Onna, whats left of it. he laughs sauntering off.

Wait Vegita! You dont understand! She screams desperation carrying her voice over the den around them. I dont care what happens to me, but you have to get Trunks out of here!

Something in her plea makes him stop. Trunks? He turns looking at him for the first time. Why should I care about some human br- he trails off as his gazes settles on the boys fluffy brown tail coiling nervously about his legs.

Hes-? She nods clutching her robes praying hed agree to buy him. You never told me. accusation more cutting than his caustic remarks.

And what would you have done? Raised him to be the killer that you are! She proclaims angrily drawing stares from the crowd as well as the wary slaver watching their exchange from the corner. No, Vegita I wanted him to be human, not tainted like you. She stops some of the fire leaving her eyes. But thats all in the past. It doesnt matter now... Chikuu was destroyed, and all my dreams with it. She smiles sadly Trunks needs his father now. Please Vegita, buy him. Take him away from here.

The Saiyajin stared for long moments, the crowd milling around them, arms crossed in thought. Finally he turns his gaze to the withered slave vendor How much for them both.

Bulmas eyes lit up gratitude on her lips when the Prince forestalled her words with a idly raised palm. Sixty thousand standard credits my good lord.

Sixty thousand! You wouldnt be trying to cheat me old man. Vegita growls suspiciously. Fruiza only paid them pittance and that was far more than he had to give, even for the Onna.

The seller shrinks back under his dark expression thrusting up his hands in a useless warding gesture. I might remind my lord that my prices are protected by the trade laws, backed by Emperor Colds own jurisdiction. The short alien bows. Whom I might add my lord is a servant of. He squeaks a bead of sweat trailing from his wrinkled brow at the way his prospective customer's ki rose at the mention of the Cold Family and his place in the scheme of things. The summoned energy stirring a sharp breeze about them.

Fine... Vegita utters grudgingly powering down How much for the boy alone then?

Ah, the boy. the trader rubs his hands together greasily. A fine and rare specimen he is. Yes, I should be able to let him go for thirty-five thousand. Looking up hopefully at the Saiyajin to gauge his response.

Vegita snorts The brats not worth that. turning to stalk away in frustration.

Vegita!!! Bulma shrieks rabidly waving her arms in fury. You cant leave. Please!

Wait my lord! The greedy alien hailed after him sensing his loss and halting the retreating form of the Saiyajin Prince. The boy is rather small, and his appetite is a drain on my stores... Perhaps I could let him go for fifteen thousand, at a personal loss of course. Would that be to your satisfaction my good lord? He asks oillily. I will have to keep the woman. She will fetch twice as much as a concubine without the child.

Hn. Vegita nods inclining his head to the side slightly. Radditz! A tall, long maned Saiyajin parts from the crowd some distance away swaggering in long strides back toward Vegita.

Hai Vegita-sama? He asks staring at the slaver then his wares in distant curiosity.

Pay the man Radditz. Vegita smirks gesturing to the boy We have a new acquisition.

The child is unchained. He whimpers clinging to his mothers waist. Go on Trunks. Bulma tries to smile, tears threatening to break free from her shining blue eyes. Your Otousan is here. Hes going to take care of you from now on, so try to be good for him, okay?

What about you Kassan? He asks worriedly.

Dont worry about Kassan Trunks. Ill be okay and who knows maybe well see each other again someday. trying to be brave for him. His last memory of her should not be marred with grief.

H-hai. The boy stammers stepping down from the platform, nearly stumbling, his vision clouded in confusion and sorrow. He rubs his eyes staring at the dusty path as his new father/owner orders the cuffs off from around his throat and feet.

A hand clamps on the back of his neck. Hold you head up boy. If youre truly my son then youre going to act it.

Hai. He stiffens sniffling, swallowing back his tears, almost afraid. But hed been wrong about this man. There was something in his dark eyes that was different from the ones whod taken away his home. Something that told Trunks he wouldnt hurt him.

Good. The man nods seemingly in approval before marching away, carving a path through the crowd with the force of his mere presence.

Trunks turns waving one last goodbye, the lion like Saiyajin watching him impatiently from behind, wondering if he would ever see his Kassan again.