Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Lesson In Humility ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Notes: Thanks Ember Maxximus, Inei Tenshi & Meliza Mac for beta-reading!


A Lesson In Humility Written by gokusgirl

Chapter Four

There were two things Trunks feared.

Being broke and facing his father.

It seemed like he going to encounter both of these today.

He sat on the oversized couch in the living room, his foot tapping impertinently. He glanced over at his father, watching him as he sat on the balcony railing, one leg propped up on it as he leaned against the cool cemented wall. His gaze was turned to the city, but Trunks knew his thoughts were somewhere else.

Trunks knew he was going to be disciplined, but what was going to be the punishment? He had been sitting there all morning, his father daring him to move. His stomach growled and his head ached, why did he let Marron talk him into taking that drug? Trunks cursed under his breath, knowing if he hadn't taken that ecstasy, he probably wouldn't be in this mess. No, there was no one to blame in this but himself. He buried his face in his hands, groaning lightly as he heard the sound of the air car pull up outside. He raised his head up, watching his father cross the room to greet Bulma at the door. Just then Pan and Bra came downstairs, and Trunks saw them walk past the living room door, gawking at him curiously.

"Don't go in there," Vegeta ordered them briskly. "Your mother and I are going to have word with Trunks in a minute… go into the kitchen." The girls nodded, and trotted on before Bra stuck her tongue out at Trunks as she walked into the kitchen.

Bulma walked in through the front door, shutting it with a deep sigh. She turned and looked at Vegeta with weary eyes, shrugging her shoulders.

"Where is he?" Bulma asked faintly.

"In the living room," Vegeta stated with a frown. He reached out for her, caressing her face with concern. "What's the matter woman?"

"I just hate to do this," Bulma sighed walking up to Vegeta, embracing him with her face in his in chest.

"Bulma he's a grown man, You can do this," Vegeta said gently grabbing her shoulders, pulling her back so he could look at her. "It's not like he's dying… this is merely a transition."

Bulma nodded mutely, and they walked into the living room to face Trunks, who was anxiously on the edge of his seat.

"Mom, I-" Trunks began.

"Shut up, and let your mother talk," Vegeta snapped, crossing his arms at his chest. Bulma sat down next to her son, and finally had the courage to look him dead in the eye as she began to speak.

"Trunks… your father told me what you and Goten did this morning." Bulma stuttered, embarrassed that she was even bringing such a topic up around her son.

Trunks turned and looked at Vegeta, mortified with what his mother said. "You told her?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Vegeta said sharply.

"What bothers me about this isn't what you were doing, but how you were doing it, Trunks. Didn't I bring you up better than this?" Bulma said shaking her head. "I know you're sexually active, but to allow Goten to participate in having sex with you and Marron…"

"Mom, I didn't have sex with Goten." Trunks said defensively and on the record.

"Well whatever it was… do you know how hard it's going to be for me to look at Krillin and 18's face knowing what I know about their daughter? It was disrespectful of you and Goten to do this… and I told you once before about the drugs."

"Alright… let me explain about that," Trunks choked out, suddenly feeling like he was about to bawl like a baby. "Marron gave me and Goten some X to loosen us up… I've never taken it before…" Trunks words trailed off as he looked at his mother and father pleadingly, and he noticed the cold stares they gave, so unbelieving and contemptuous… "I'm tired of you two acting like I'm a crackhead! So what if I smoke a joint every once and a while… doesn't everyone?"

"Drugs only alter your mind and body boy," Vegeta scolded, his eyes narrowed with anger. "And you have been warned about this."

"But Marron asked me and Goten to do it," Trunks implored desperately.

"So if someone asks you to jump off the house, you're going to do it?" Bulma snapped.

"No… and that is so totally cliché," Trunks grumbled. Vegeta walked over and slapped him in the back of the head, and Trunks yelped in surprise, rubbing his head.

"Don't talk smart to your mother," Vegeta warned with his eyes widening.

"Okay Vegeta… back off," Bulma said pulling him aside. "Trunks… what do you think we should do with you?"

Trunks blinked for a moment, not sure what she meant. Was she allowing him to set the punishment? Why if that were the case, it would be a week long vacation in Saint Thomas. As he thought of that, a small smile crept across his face. But his daydream came short when he heard his father shout.

"Your mother is talking to you boy!" Vegeta yelled, making Trunks jump.

"Well, gee, I don't know what you should do with me." Trunks said honestly, rubbing his hands together.

"Well your father and I have made a decision…." Bulma's words trailed off as she looked over at Vegeta solemnly. "That you need to move out."


Bra twirled her spoon around in the bowl of her now soupy ice cream, watching the Neapolitan flavors combine into a brown yucky liquid. She sighed and looked over at Pan, who wasn't hungry either. She sat there, looking out the window silently. It had been terrible news for both of the girls that morning, and they were having a hard time dealing with it. Being the stronger of the two, Bra rose from her seat and walked over to Pan, rubbing her shoulder. Pan never responded, she just continued to look out the window.

"Can you believe it," Pan scoffed as she shook her head. "How could Marron sleep with both of them? Wasn't one enough?"

"Apparently not," Bra said angrily. " I always thought she was the quiet type… I guess those are the ones you need to watch."

"How could she do it?" Pan said facing Bra, her eyes glassy. " I mean with two men… is it possible?"

Bra laughed at Pan's naive comment, leaning into the window frame. " Anything is possible when it comes down to sex. But for them to sink so low…"

"Yeah…" Pan said softly as her gaze went back to the window. "I guess you were right about your brother."

"Hmph, told ya," Bra said crossing her arms. "They're all the same… it's just not him. I don't think I can forgive Goten for this, it hurts too much."

"Listen to us," Pan said turning to pick her ice cream bowl up to discard in the sink. "We sound like a couple of scorned women… we weren't even their girlfriends! And yet we're sitting here, talking as if we were involved with them…" Pan placed her bowl in the sink, laughing at her stupidity.

"But they slept with Marron. Pan, she's suppose to be a 'friend of the family' or some shit," Bra growled. "I couldn't ever feel the same again about Goten… never. Even though we weren't together, there was a chance. I just don't care anymore."

Pan looked over at Bra, looking so much like her mother with her angry frown. She knew that Bra would say that, but she also knew that she was lying to herself. Bra prided herself at not letting matters get under her skin, and it was something to see her so bent out of shape about it. But Pan knew that for the moment she resented Trunks actions, but she couldn't stop caring for him. She promised herself for Bra's sake not to even mention it.

"Let's go outside, get some fresh air," Pan offered as she walked to backdoor. Bra exhaled sharply, throwing her hair off her shoulder, and followed her friend out onto the backyard.


"I have to move out?" Trunks said incredulously. "Why?"

"Trunks, it was coming to this for long while," Bulma said shaking her head. "Your lifestyle is too much for me. Maybe if you're out of the house, in your own place, it won't affect the others in the household."

"But I have nowhere to go!" Trunks said slumping back into the couch.

"Yes you do," Vegeta spoke up as he sat down across from them. "Where do you think your mother's been all day?"

"Trunks… I've made arrangements for you to take the old condo near the CC office downtown," Bulma said clasping his hand. Trunks sat up, a smile on his face hearing the good news. "I used to stay there when I worked late and was too sleepy to drive home… but I signed it over to you today at the realtor's office."

"Wow…" Trunks muttered, and he hugged his mom tightly. " I don't know what to say… thanks mom for giving me the place."

"Who said it was given to you?" Vegeta snapped. "You're going to pay for that place boy!"

"The yearly lease is due in about two months Trunks," Bulma said with her eyes to the floor. "And you have to pay it in order to stay there."

"How much are we talking?" Trunks queried. Bulma made sure she wasn't looking at him when she finally came out with the answer.

"180,000 zeni a year."

"WHAT!!" Trunks shouted, looking at his parents crazily. "Where am I supposed to get that kind of money?"

"The same place you get it everyday when you go buy worthless crap for yourself." Vegeta snarled.

"Huh?"

"Trunks, we know you have quite a substantial amount of cash in your savings and checking accounts, not to mention your trust funds. You can pay for it that way." Bulma said finally looking at him.

"But… that's my money!" Trunks whined. "Money I've earned over the years helping you at the Corporation! Not to mention my allowances… you can't take that from me!"

"It's either that or you're a homeless person, alright?" Vegeta said getting into his son's face. "That's your problem, always so use to getting everything you want, and spending all this unnecessary money like some brat… well it's time for you to grow up and get responsible! You can sleep in the condo or in a box; it makes no difference to me!"

"Vegeta's right, Trunks." Bulma added.

"This is no fair!" Trunks yelled pushing his father out of the way has he stood. But Vegeta grabbed a handful of his shirt and pulled him roughly towards him as he growled baring his teeth.

"I think your mother has been far too gracious by finding you a place to stay… if it was up to me, I would have thrown you out years ago. So, think twice before you start hollering about what is fair and unfair around here!"

Trunks yanked himself from his father's grasp, his face red with fury as he looked at both of them. "I'll move out of your damn house, if that's what you want… but if I have to spend my last dime in that damn condo, I'll never speak to you two ever again!"

"Fine by me," Vegeta said with a smirk. "Oh, and by the way… you have until the end of the day to move out." Vegeta walked past him and out of the living room. Bulma stood and walked over to Trunks, trying to console her son with the decision they made, but he pushed her hand away.

"Leave me alone… I've got some packing to do." Trunks hissed as he stormed out of the living room.

Feeling totally drained from the confrontation with her son, Bulma slowly made it up the stairs to her bedroom, finding Vegeta exiting the bathroom. "You know… he is a spoiled brat." Bulma sighed as she flopped across the bed.

"We only have ourselves to blame for that," Vegeta said softly as he lay down next to Bulma, rubbing the tension out of her shoulders. "It's time for him to leave the nest now. He'll probably be angry with us for a while, but in time he'll get over it."

"I hope so Vegeta," Bulma mumbled as she relaxed under her husband's massage to her shoulders, feeling the stresses of the day leave her body gradually. "I hope so."


Next Chapter: Goten tries to make amends with an angry Bra.