Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Taste of Heat ❯ Hidden Rage and Strength ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Taste of Blue Chikara (heat)
Hidden Strengths
By Trynia Merin
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ Toriyama does. This is fan fiction.
Note and Warning: This is a dark chapter. If you don't like stories exploring Vegeta's demons or potential for rage directed at Bulma, don't read this! It might be a stretch, but I figured Vegeta might snap as he has in many fan fictions even with his own mate and child. While I don't think he'd actually kill Bulma intentionally after their first few times, something might set him off enough to come close? But he finally does come to understand after what happens in this chapter, trust me! It has a LEMON at the end!  

For some reason something had set him off that day. She didn't recall if it was a look or a phrase, but before she knew it they were arguing heatedly. Finally words escaped her lips that caused his face to crease in fury. Suddenly his viselike grip seized her shoulder and he backed her against the wall.
"Shut the hell UP! You have no fucking comprehension!" he ranted.
"Gaack," she gasped, raising her slender hands to his gloved hand. "Vegeta, stop, you're HURTING me..."
"Don't you dare presume to know what I experience. Just because we've fucked a couple dozen times does not give you the privilege to JUDGE me, bitch!" he ranted.
"I... kami," she gasped, feeling terror.
"I should kill you for this insolence!" he growled, forcing his face close to hers. Hot breath surged against her face, his eyes ablaze like hard bricks of coal.
"Vegeta, please don't, I didn't know what I was saying!" she stammered.
"You disgust me," he said coldly. "You have no decent sense to remember your place. Just why I mated with a low class like you is beyond me!"
All of a sudden Bulma's panic turned to anger. Who did he think he was acting in this manner? She was scared to death, but Bulma was damned if he was going to get away with squeezing the life out of her. Stopping her fight, she lay her hands at her side. Vegeta saw her body relax, as if accepting her fate. IN shock he blinked, unable to comprehend except that she had given up.
"Then... go ahead and kill me," Bulma whispered, closing her eyes. Within her quivered the life force of their unborn child. Vegeta suddenly felt a surge of power crackling through her whole body.
"What the hell," he gasped.
"I can't fight back. Go ahead and kill me. If I'm such a hindrance to you, then I might as well die by your hand then by the androids," Bulma swallowed hard. Her blue eyes blazed with inner fire. It arced from her belly, surging over her frame. Bulma's heart pounded with liquid blue fire then shuddered spasmodically. Vegeta howled as ki slammed into him with sudden force. In shock he let go, letting Bulma's body thump to the floor.
"KUSO!" he snarled, backing away.
Bulma hugged her stomach, feeling the life inside twitching strongly. She panted, seeing him doubled over in rage and humiliation. What had just happened, she wondered? The light tap against her ribs was like a soft caress, bringing her a sudden sense of awareness. The baby was angry.
"It can't be," she thought, rubbing her belly. Vegeta shook his stinging hand; his glove smoldered with the blast of royal blue ki that slammed over him. Slowly he panted, shaking his head. That same peace and relief flowed through her body, reassuring with its gentle warmth through her entire body. It was a pale radiant blue heat that sang through each and every nerve, but pooled strongest in her belly.
"So small, but it knew I was threatened. My son knew I was threatened and he fought back," Bulma blinked.
"That is impossible," Vegeta gasped, glancing at Bulma in panic. "How could you possibly do that to me?"
"The baby did it," Bulma said, slowly climbing to her feet. "It's my son. He fought back."
"Surprisingly powerful little thing," Vegeta blinked, seeing Bulma stand over him. Hands formed at her fists with anger coursing through her veins.
"I ought to kick your ass out of here now, you monster," she said with thinly veiled hate. "Nobody threatens my son. Not even his own Father."
"You're not worth the effort to kill, and I wouldn't have hurt the brat intentionally!" he said dazedly, stumbling to his feet. He held his neck and rubbed his face, not able to look Bulma in the eyes.
"I could give a shit less what happens to you, Vegeta. But I won't let my son die. You kill me, you murder him. Do you really want that?" Bulma said with a slow calm that was far more effective then her shrilling scream.
"I wasn't really going to kill you, baka," Vegeta mumbled. "I was only trying to bring you to heel! You should obey me female!"
"Then what? That was some sort of a sick game? Terrorizing me? My God Vegeta, what do you expect from me? If you're trying to make me hate you you're doing a good job of it!" Bulma yelled.
Vegeta glared at her with those dark eyes. They had glazed over with shock, then shame. HE turned away, hugging himself with arms crossed over his chest. "Fine, this place is a waste of my fucking time anyhow."
"Then leave. The door's right there," Bulma said. "But don't expect me to welcome you back. I've had enough with y our bullying me around. I'm the mother of your child. And I wont' allow you to threaten Trunks by harming me."
"I'm leaving," Vegeta said quietly after a long pause. "Obviously this will not work. I threaten your existence. I have no desire to kill my own son. I was correct to begin with that you're too much of a distraction..."
"Then leave Vegeta. Just get the hell out of my house, and my life till you learn to behave like a civilized being," Bulma said angrily. "You will not make me feel helpless like you did, you abuser."
"You know little of abuse," Vegeta said sullenly.
"I'm not comparing anything, Vegeta. But you're better then this," Bulma said. "I think you'd better leave."
"So do I," Vegeta said quietly. "But I wouldn't have really killed you, you know. Or my son. As if I should give a shit why I should explain myself!"
"I'm not scared of you anymore. No matter what you do to me, it doesn't matter. My son is the most important thing in the world. I'd die for him. Even to protect him from you," said Bulma. "If you want to blame everyone for your past, fine. But leave me and our son out of it. So fucking what if I can't understand what you went through? Can't you just leave it behind yourself before you destroy everything in your path?"
"I underestimated you, woman," Vegeta said quietly. Turning away, he slowly strode towards the front door. Before long he was just a glimmering dot on the far horizon.
"I won't let anyone hurt you, baby," said Bulma softly. She rubbed her belly, feeling her tears cascade down her face.  
****