Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Taste of Heat ❯ A Prince's Woman no less important ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
I don't own Dragon Ball Z. Toriyama created them, Funimation distributes the show, and Toei animation co. brought them to life. I only own the plot here, and it's a work of fan fiction, which I don't get paid for. My only pay is your wonderful reviews! So keep them coming! Many thanks! This story means no harm to Dragon Ball Z.
A Taste of Heat
By Trynia Merin
A Woman's Role Is No Less then Her Prince's
Drawing Trunks into his arms again, Vegeta held him securely but not too tightly in one arm. He dove through the clouds, misting around both of them. Soon the main dome of Capsule spun beneath them. Black hair waved back and forth in the generated currents, crackling with blue ki. Trunks shrieked not in fear but delight, small hands flailing and grabbing at Vegeta's dark hair. Vegeta shifted the boy to lay his head on his shoulder, forming a fist before him while cradling his son in a semi sitting position against his chest. That's why the small fist could snatch the spike of hair immediately behind Vegeta's ear. At that last moment Vegeta pulled out of the dive, leveling off to cause a cracking boom that rattled all of Capsule's windows.
Trunks slid up slightly so his face was turned to his father's ear. His small toothless gums clamped down on Vegeta's earlobe with the force of a vise. Vegeta gasped at the painful pressure squashing his ear, then laughed. "Quite a bite you have, boy."
Bulma gritted her teeth when she heard the windows rattling. Racing onto the balcony she saw a blue streak speeding towards Capsule one moment, then a hovering figure in blue and white the next. Gracefully the Prince drifted downwards till he levitated at the precise height of her window's balcony. Bulma tapped a slippered foot and frowned at the sight of her husband carrying their baby so casually.
"Well, what the hell kept you so long! I was worried sick!" Bulma ranted.
"Quiet wench, you'll wake the baby," Vegeta shushed her, placing a finger over her lips. To her shock she glanced down at the diaper bag slung over Vegeta's one wrist not holding their sleeping child.
"What on EARTH is he wearing?" she whispered fiercely.
"Clothes, what else? You think I'd let the brat run naked? Honestly, what sort of man do you think the Prince of All Saiyans is?" Vegeta smirked at her. Five seconds from blowing her top, Bulma whirled around in a huff. Presented with such a tempting view of her robe-clad ass, Vegeta chuckled softly. He levitated just high enough to clear the railing so he could drop down gently on the balcony behind her.
Bulma crossed both her arms across her chest in a mimic of his indignant pose. Instead of further needling her Vegeta walked past his mate into the bedroom beyond. His footsteps echoed through the carpeted floors in the direction of the small nursery she had prepared while he was away in space. Blue eyes snapped open in shock while her feet carried her after him quickly.
Silently Vegeta approached the large crib covered with a cloth awning. He carefully laid Trunks on his back on the mattress, then pulled the blanket to his son's hips. Although Trunks stirred he did not wake up to Vegeta's delight. Once done he wheeled on his booted heel to exit the room. Narrowly he avoided colliding with an indignant Bulma. Just inside the door of the nursery he dropped the diaper bag Goku had brought him in the middle of the woods an hour or so before. Onyx eyes flickered back and forth surveying the room's blue and purple interior. Bright gold toned stars were pained on its ceiling clustered around a smiling sun faced center lamp. Just over the crib dangled a colorful mobile comprised of small planes and other flying machines in miniature.
"At least it's not that disgusting pink," Vegeta snorted, still facing away from Bulma.
"Thank Kami," she breathed. Carefully she closed the door till it was just a crack of thin blue light before approaching the statue still figure of the Prince.
"Well, what have you to say for yourself?" he grunted. "Why are you pissed off when you wanted me to take care of the brat for the afternoon. Some thanks I get for playing nursemaid."
"Vegeta you drive me crazy," Bulma groaned. Immediately behind him he sensed her ki. Hands stole around his waist from behind; hooking her soft robe covered chest to his armored back.
The contrast between her soft body and his armored one represented their diametric states of being. Bulma, feminine and plush contrasting to smooth angled hardness of a Prince. In the circle of her arms Vegeta whirled around with oiled precision of a drill soldier. Dark graceful brows furrowed over his bottomless eyes, taking in hers.
"You're wearing that new armor," she said quietly. Bulma pretended to wipe an invisible spot from the flawless white surface. A gloved hand caught hers, pulling it firmly up to his cheek. He turned his head so he could lightly nip the inner palm.
"Perhaps you aren't as much a weakling as I had initially thought," he muttered, fixing her in his gaze.
"Excuse me?" she snorted.
"Taking care of that brat's no easy work. That's why you're better equipped to do it," Vegeta coughed.
"If it's because I'm a woman I'll kill you!" she said through clenched teeth.
"Not so. Don't interrupt me, woman," said Vegeta, shaking his head. "I'm a warrior, you're a scientist and a mother. You know more about things that I can't comprehend nor don't wish to. It's too late for me to be a soft hearted sort like the type that you'd expect."
"I don't want you to change, Vegeta. I just want you to be a father to him. And you proved to me you can. I was just not expecting it that's all," she said.
"A Prince doesn't normally change diapers, but he can. It's just that would you rather I exert energy doing this or learning to defend you both? You cannot have it both ways. I never said I wouldn't spend time with the brat. It's just not my role. But to prove to you to shut you up, I did so today," Vegeta said matter of fact, clutching her hand in his.
"If anyone else told me that I'd slap him or her," Bulma nodded slowly, clearing her throat from the lump that formed. "But you're right. And I should hate you for it."
"Bulma, I don't want the brat to die because I wasn't strong enough, man enough to protect you. You don't wish to die in two years or him to die, do you?"
"No!"
"Then let me train. Let me grow strong enough to protect you both so that the brat will have a future. That doesn't mean I won't come back to check up on both of you. But there are some things a Prince cannot do. Even if he's the strongest being on Earth or in this galaxy," Vegeta explained, not looking away.
"You're asking me to sit here while you go away again, is that it?" she nodded.
"Yes, woman. It's the only way. I didn't just fly off to piss you off, but to achieve my birthright. In order that Trunks will achieve his, don't you see?" Vegeta said.
"Don't be a stranger to him. I want him to know he has a father, and that I have the man that… that is my mate," Bulma said, not wanting to say aloud that she loved him. She knew he would ridicule her for being so mushy.
"You don't comprehend, Bulma. Your fight is here, with the brat. Mine is there, with those tin cans. But today I have seen that they are no less important. What you must do is as essential as what I must do Bulma. That's the only father I can be right now. I can change the brat's diapers and fix its bottles, but that's not as important as being the strongest fighter right now. When the battle is won, then I can be here so much you'll bitch at me to leave," Vegeta explained.
"I hate it when you're right," Bulma complained. Leaning forward she kissed his brow then wove her arms around his neck to squeeze him tightly. Vegeta encircled her waist with his gloved hands, resting his chin in the groove of her shoulder.
"I know. I usually am," he chuckled lightly against her ear.
"Jerk," she mumbled, nibbling on his ear. "When do you have to go?"
"I will leave tomorrow. To train in the wilderness. But you will see me around to use the graviton. And for other… reasons," he said, sliding his hands down to rub her backside lightly. Bulma's own hands stole down to grip his muscled ass and pinch it. Vegeta's lips parted in a hissing gasp, his hands crushing her close.
"Stay with me tonight. Give me enough to remember you when you're gone, you lunkhead," she urged.
"That brat in there, he's as much you as me. You won't forget me so easily because of him screaming and carrying on, will you?" Vegeta scolded her. "He's a Prince's son. And you're a Prince's mate."
"Tell me something I don't know," she responded. Lightly she brushed her lips over his, feeling him repositioning his head so he could catch her mouth clumsily before devouring her mouth. Lifting her in his arms he carried her towards their bed. Still Bulma's room was covered in shades of sickening pink, but he noticed blue drapes and the absence of the net of stuffed animals.
"Let me remind you of who you belong to, and who protects you," Vegeta purred, levitating up to lay her on the bed. He sat on her hips, bearing down on her with only a bit of his weight. Sturdy muscled thighs imprisoned her as he slid gloved hands to squeeze her breasts through her robe. He divested himself of the weighed armored breastplate, tossing it aside, then leaned down to pull the halves of the robe open. Bulma moaned at the clamping of his teeth on one nipple, accompanied by light teasing swipes of his tone over its peaked surface. One hand slid down over her belly while the other lightly twisted the opposite breast.
Vegeta straightened his one leg out, toeing his boot off by abruptly kicking and swiping the other down it. To do this he had to lay his full weight on Bulma's chest. With a grunt he removed the other. Both landed with a thump on the side of the bed.
All she could see through half veiled eyes was the spiky cone of that hair of his. Slipping a bare leg between his Bulma twisted her body abruptly to one side. Vegeta grunted as she spun them both over so he was under her.
"Hmm, you learned a trick or two?" he smirked.
"You taught me that, remember?" she chuckled.
"When?"
"Sometimes when you'd attack me out of nowhere and insist I needed to know a little self defense. I was listening," she whispered, grasping his wrists and pinning his hands above his head with light strength. Her thighs encompassed his waist, and she rubbed her hips overtop his spandex covered pelvis. Rocking up she slid her fingers between the seam that separated his shirt from his leggings, pulling the cloth up. Vegeta's hands folded behind his head, watching her with amusement. He'd let her have the dominant position then he'd show her a thing or two.
Her tongue slid down the creases of his defined muscles, before wavering over to his own nipples, one after the other. Any response was muffled through his clenched teeth. Still he kept his hands crossed behind his head, letting his woman work her magic. Bulma completely ignored his growing need save to rut her own moistening panties against the obvious erection developing. In tandem he raised and lowered his hips to catch her underwear-covered clit with his bulge. Bulma gasped, almost losing her concentration.
"You really think you're in charge here, how sadly mistaken you are, woman," he snickered with that devilish smirk two shades away from an evil grin.
"Says you," she laughed, leaning down to kiss that smirk off his face. She seized his bottom lip in her teeth, biting down on it. His own tongue darted out to slide across the tops of her upper teeth, coaxing her to release him so he could claim her mouth in a firm kiss. Gloved hands slid from behind his head to bind her to him.
For a time he simply probed her sweet mouth with an adventurous tongue, letting small grunts of pleasure cross between merged lips. Each moan resulted from the darting of her hands or the shifting of her hips over his hardness, straying to bury itself in her ready body. Moisture soaked through respective cloth, saturating the air with its scent.
"Umm, feels so good," she whispered surfacing for air.
"Remember it well. I don't think you can forget the sensations I can cause in you," he purred, flipping her over so they lay side by side. Tangling her legs in his, he rubbed his muscular thigh between hers, causing her to gasp. Her own knee brushed his groin, moving back and forth as his hands claimed the mounds of her now exposed breasts. So far the ki she knew so well had not made an appearance. Anxiously they removed his pants and her soaked underwear. Before she could throw them away, Vegeta pressed them to his nose, and inhaled deeply.
"Pervert!" she playfully shrieked.
"These I will take with me so I will remember," he gave her a wicked smirk, shoving them under the pillow.
"HEY!" she yelped.
"You should be flattered. Shame," he laughed, tossing his head back as he sat her in his lap squarely. Both sat upright on the bed, Bulma wriggling her hips teasingly out of the way of his erection standing at attention now. Gloved hands gripped her hips, and she slid her fingers over to finally push herself down at the same time he shoved up.
"Oho, I had forgotten," she blurted out. "I should be mad at you, you made me pregnant this way before!"
"Now how could you resist me?" he smirked, thrusting upwards into her. Lips parted, and her dark lashed lids fluttered closed as Bulma cried out in ecstasy. Bodies joined and she felt that same tingling surging through her. It dawned on her that all the time the ki had build between them, but she was so caught up in the simple kisses and his scent to notice.
"I can't, and that's the problem… oh!" she wailed, rocking down on him and clenching along him with a first mind numbing orgasm. Vegeta spun he rover, then pounded down into her with a series of animalistic grunts of need. He had hoped to hold back, but the sight of her writhing in his ministrations unleashed his wild spirit.
Bulma gasped opening her eyes for a moment. All around her the glow increased to encompass her flesh. Many times in the past they had both been wreathed in it, but he had placed the energy around only her. At skin depth and inside, the blue ki shielded her body from the full force of his pounding need. Vegeta's face contorted in concentration, letting out low moans as he drove himself and her to the release he craved. Realization dawned on Bulma that he had grown so strong in each time, that such energy was needed to protect her frail flesh from what he could do.
It was a force field around her, reinforcing her delicate body, a tenth of the strength of his. He had bottled his beautiful butterfly in a solid jar so he could preserve and love her at his full strength. Waves of energy surged around them, fluttering the curtains and shimmering the entire room with his ki. Energy dissipated as he thrust one last time into her. Then she landed atop him, gasping at the loss of the protective cocoon and the contact of his spend body heaving under her. For a split second the blue hissed to a blinding hot white intensity that seared her with a residual gold radiance. The sun itself peeked through the curtains and hit her full in the face, casting them both in its golden glow.
"What was that?" she whispered, blinking at the gold radiance spilling in from outside and washing them all in its sheen.
"Mating with you, unrestrained. As if you were a Saiyan such as me," he panted. "Now you see the other reason I must be away from you while I train? I could destroy you before I knew how to fully master the power."
"I'm sorry Vegeta I didn't know," she whispered.
"Now you understand. When next we meet I will have mastered it. And then you need not fear the proximity," he whispered. "Because you carried my brat, his ki reinforced your body. Sex at normal force was possible. But now that you are again as you were, I must restrain my urges. As in all things."
"You could have told me, bastard," she laughed lightly, kissing him.
"Would you have listened? No," he mumbled sarcastically.
"I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I do love you, Vegeta," she whispered.
"Damn," he mumbled. "Now you had to go and ruin it by going all sentimental"
"Sorry, I just had to say it. Just in case…" she trailed off, before burying her face in his neck. Vegeta pulled off his gloves, immersing his fingers in her silky blue hair. He picked up the strands and let them drop lazily, then scratched her scalp.
"What makes you think I won't triumph, eh?" he snorted.
"If you don't I'll bring you back and kill you myself," she sniffled.
"I know woman, I know," Vegeta said, binding her close in his arms till she fell asleep. A lump swelled in his throat, and he suddenly realized that emptiness was filled for a moment. It terrified him even more than anything he'd felt before. He loved her, and worse yet, he knew what it was. The absolute worst bit of all was that part of him didn't' care that he'd suddenly allowed himself to be weakened by love. And at that moment he hated himself for allowing it to happen. Anger and frustration built up in him that he had allowed his true feelings to escape in that moment of climax.
"Love isn't a weakness," that part of him said. "Perhaps it isn't that sappy syrupy thing you thought it was. Maybe it's something the humans are too stupid to comprehend in all its awesome savagery."
"Who the hell cares if it's weakness or not. I have what Kakkarot has," Vegeta murmured allowed. "And soon I'll restore the natural order of things. So the time that punk from the future returns I'll be the one laughing in his face!"
Bulma lifted her head and glanced up, shivering at him. Liquid blue eyes met hers, a shade towards turquoise. She swallowed hard, realizing the radiant light of the setting sun had faded, and the gold glow was not coming from outside, but in. Her fingers brushed over the bristles of his hair.
"Vegeta," she whispered.
"What, woman?" he asked.
"Look at yourself," she whispered. "That light…"
Raising his hands he felt the strength humming through his body. That blue glow was no more. The royal blue ki had transmuted to something far more glorious. Sitting bold upright in bed with his woman I his lap he saw a pair of turquoise eyes and a tower of gold spikes regarding him in shock.
"IT cannot be…" he trailed off. The intense self-hatred and detachment at realizing the weakness of love floated from his mind. He stared uncomprehending, terrified of the vision before him, and wondered how it had come to pass. Self-hatred changed into something that pushed beyond what he once was capable of, and what could be. Terror pounded his heart along with relief and the loss of control.
"It can and is," she nodded, kissing him lightly before the gold faded and he was again himself. "And now I know why you must leave."
Vegeta nodded, seeing comprehension in her eyes. He knew he would remain the rest of the night, and leave first thing that morning. He had to recapture that moment of transformation and make it last long enough so that he would be the strongest of all. So that his woman and son would see another day in the coming years. And that fear of love would not lead to self-hatred, but to something far better and more promising.