Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Taste of Heat ❯ Eve of Distruction ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Taste of Heat
 
By Trynia Merin aka Starbearertm
 
Eve of Destruction
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z. I don't own Vegeta, Bulma or Baby Trunks sadly. Akira Toriyama does, and Funimation brings us these great cartoons! I wish I did, but I only can claim this story as a work of fan fiction from my overactive imagination. Don't sue me! I hope to present a `realistic' portrayal of the struggle not only Vegeta but Bulma has with this whole change in relationship. If things seem OOC, then it's just my vain attempts to delve into their minds.
*******
 
“Where do you think you're going mister!” Yamcha shouted from below. He rocketed up, ki blazing around him. Dark eyes sizzled with challenge as Yamcha streaked towards the hovering Vegeta still near Bulma's balcony.
 
Vegeta shot back, “Mind your own business and leave me be!”
 
“I won't let you take the baby!” Yamcha shouted. He held his hands up, one of them flickering with a sphere of energy drawn from his very soul.
 
“You're a fool! What I do with my son is my affair! It's not for you to say!” Vegeta shouted back. Vegeta raised one hand after transferring the diaper bag to the gloved hand holding Trunks against him. Blue ki crackled around the glove with powerful levels to match and tease Yamcha's attempt at a defense. Holding Trunks tightly in his left arm he said, “I won't let you come between me and mine!”
 
Angrily Yamcha hurled the spirit ball forwards. Vegeta's hand flashed up to block it. “What are you doing idiot? Do you want the woman's brat dead?”
 
“You… what do you think you're doing! You have no right!” Yamcha shouted.
 
“STOP!” screamed a voice from above. Standing on the balcony, Bulma's wide eyes were trained on Vegeta holding Trunks in his arms while fending off an energy blast from Yamcha hovering nearby.
 
“Bulma! Thank God you're here!” Yamcha cried.
 
“Vegeta, what the HELL are you doing?” Bulma demanded. “What are you doing here?”
 
“Taking the boy for a flight till this fool interfered and almost endangered him,” Vegeta answered, still holding Trunks tightly to his body. The boy clung to him, opening his mouth to cry. Grumbling Vegeta rocked the child to shush him.
 
“I… this is crazy,” Bulma stammered, clinging to the rail. “Bring him back here at once! Yamcha, go back in the house till I call you. You and me have to have a talk, Vegeta!”
 
“Fine, woman,” Vegeta answered curtly, still holding Trunks.
 
“I can't believe you want to be alone with… HIM! How can you trust the baby with him after what he did?” Yamcha demanded.
 
“Because, the brat is my offspring perhaps? And I don't want him to grow up a coddled weakling like Kakkarot's brat?” Vegeta answered. He blurred out of sight, materializing between Bulma and the hovering Yamcha. Instantly he passed Trunks to Bulma's shaking arms.
 
“Thank you,” Bulma said, hugging Trunks tightly to her.
 
“Dadadadad!” Trunks gurgled, reaching out towards Vegeta.
 
“I can't believe I'm seeing this,” Yamcha mumbled.
 
“Get in the house NOW, mister! Or get out!” Bulma shouted at him. “And the same goes for you Vegeta, unless you explain yourself!”
 
“You do have some sense, Bulma,” Vegeta said. “But as I recall, I was not welcome here?”
 
“Just please get in the room,” Bulma sighed, shaking her head. “I'm too flustered to argue.”
 
“I'll be downstairs if you need me, Bulma,” Yamcha said. “Any sign of anything suspicious and I'm calling for help!”
 
“You try my patience, fool,” Vegeta glared at him. He leapt over the rail of Bulma's balcony, and strode regally in through the open sliding door. Bulma held Trunks slung across her hip, then glared down to Yamcha. He landed on the patio out back, glancing anxiously up at her.
 
“Bulma?”
 
“Just wait for me in the living room. I think there's some food in the kitchen. Just don't' do anything stupid!” Bulma called down to him.
 
“I don't get it why are you letting him…”
 
“Because Trunks is his son too,” Bulma answered. “And I want to know why you were firing energy blasts at him when he was holding my SON! My god you could have hit TRUNKS!”
 
“But I…”
 
“Save it!” Bulma called down. “Either go back in or leave NOW!”
 
“Whatever you say, Bulma. But it's for your sake I'm even here,” Yamcha answered. His brow wrinkled, and he wandered back into the house with a last glance up. Bulma exhaled a deep breath in a puff of air. It fluffed her bangs up. Trunks tugged at the loose tendrils of her hair.
 
“Well, let's go talk to your father,” she sighed, her head still spinning at the mental image of Vegeta holding Trunks protectively in one arm while fending off Yamcha's spirit ball attack. He actually was carrying a diaper bag along with the baby as if he was taking the boy for a trip.
 
By the time she entered, Vegeta stood with his arms folded over his chest. He leaned his back against the wall close to the baby's nursery, watching Bulma with wary dark eyes. They held a guarded expression that hovered between annoyance and nervousness. “So, you got rid of the weakling?”
 
“Vegeta, what were you doing here?” asked Bulma matter of fact. Her stomach twisted with anger while her heart leapt with joy to see him again. In fact she had missed him.
 
“I will tell you, woman, when you explain to my why you said those things you did when last we parted,” Vegeta countered. “Do you think I'm an idiot?”
 
“Where were you taking trunks?”
 
“On a flight. To test the limits of his powers. Something all Saiyan males go through at his age,” said Vegeta matter of fact. “I don't want the boy growing up coddled and weak.”
 
“You should have asked my permission, then, or given me SOME notice! What if Yamcha had hit Trunks in your spat?” Bulma yelled at him.
 
“UAAAHHH!” Trunks yowled, squirming in her arms.
 
“I think the boy needs changing,” Vegeta pointed to him.
 
“Don't change the subject, mister!” Bulma snapped.
 
“If you won't do it to shut him up, I will, woman! I detest that noise!” Vegeta growled, rushing over and grabbing Trunks from her arms. Angrily he marched the boy into the nursery and set him down on the changing table. Bulma blinked to see Vegeta fumbling with the fastenings on the onesie. Still he wore his white gloves while snatching a diaper and wipes.
 
“What are you doing…”
 
“What does it look like?” he growled back, rapidly removing the soiled diaper and raising the boy by his ankles so he could slip a fresh one under. Powder flew and wipes were crunched into the soiled mess. Soon Trunks had stopped bawling, and lay quietly there looking around Vegeta's waist at his annoyed mother.
 
“Thank you,” Bulma said warily. She rubbed a hand over her face, still trying to make sense of what was going on. While she had to remind herself to be angry, part of her was tired trying to remember why they had argued in the first place. Suddenly a flash of blue ki flared in the room when Vegeta disintegrated the diaper into nothingness.
 
“Saves disposal, boy. Mind and learn,” Vegeta said quietly. He lifted Trunks up and set him so the boy was slung over his narrow hip and could sit up with one gloved hand supporting his bottom. The furry brown tail curled around his little waist and Trunks blinked at his exhausted mother. Vegeta carried Trunks towards the crib, saying nothing but calmly rocking the boy as he strode with ramrod straight posture.
 
Bulma followed him, wondering if she was dreaming and was seconds from waking alone. Once Vegeta had settled Trunks on his back, he turned around to look at Bulma. “Well, what is it you wish to say to me, woman?” he grunted.
 
“Let's go into the bedroom,” she said.
 
“Strange request coming from you, considering the circumstances,” Vegeta said, his eyes flashing with some anger. Yet he kept it under wraps with surprising control which worried and astonished Bulma. Every muscle was tensed as if ready to spring into action, yet the Prince did not appear to be on the verge of blowing his top.
 
“This way,” she mumbled, motioning to him. As he had so many months before he silently followed her into the master suite. Bulma sat down on the sofa near her television, while Vegeta moved around to sit a foot apart beside her.
 
“Why did you piss me off like that, Bulma? What did you hope to accomplish with that mind fuck I ask you, eh?” Vegeta asked, his voice cold. Bulma shivered, drawing her wrapper around her body.
 
“I don't know what you're talking about,” she said.
 
“You thought yourself clever by playing on my sense of pride. For what purpose was it, Bulma? To keep me from seeing my son? By forcing me away from my duty? It almost worked if not for one thing you forgot,” Vegeta answered.
 
Bulma swallowed hard, her eyes averted. A flush game to her guilty face, and she hugged herself tightly. “You'll thank me later Vegeta. Sooner or later you'd blame the boy and me if you weren't strong enough to fight the Androids. I simply did what you would have done.”
 
“Is that what you think of me, Bulma? Do you think so little of me and yourself that I would blame a defenseless brat who is my heir for failure? For what is my responsibility?” Vegeta asked, raising a brow.
 
“I… Vegeta, it can't work,” she said quietly. “I can just see you. I felt the struggle through our rapport, and I could just see you hating me if…”
 
“If anything I should blame you for playing games with me, when I require honesty. I've been nothing but truthful with you woman,” Vegeta said, his face suddenly serious without any sign of a scowl. Just why he was not erupting at her was some reason Bulma could not fathom. Any rapport between them was nonexistent.
 
“Vegeta please,” she said.
 
“Bulma, I had hoped you would give me the same courtesy. But you have deceived me, and yourself,” Vegeta interrupted. He leaned forward and scooted so there was only six inches between them.
 
“I don't know what to say, Vegeta,” Bulma answered. Her jaw wobbled at the truth that Vegeta had discovered for himself. All her carefully knit excuses unraveled with the earnest look in his dark eyes. Now he revealed the hurt in them.
 
“Tell me why, woman. I deserve an explanation. I have been patient long enough now that my anger has cooled and reason has prevailed,” Vegeta said. Dark eyes fixed into hers, and Bulma could not escape their intensity.
 
“I'm sorry,” Bulma finally said. Her throat caught with the words. “I just was scared, all right?”
 
“Scared of what? The androids?”
 
“Scared that you would leave me and Trunks when we needed you most,” she answered. Blue eyes stared at him with dark circles under them. He could tell by the thinness of her body that she had not been eating properly and guessed she had not slept well in all the time he had been gone.
 
“So you drove me away eh, woman? Was that your plan? To make me hate you as I hate everything else about this world?” Vegeta laughed softly. “A pity for you it backfired.”
 
“I'm surprised you're even here after what I said,” Bulma answered.
 
“As I said before you think so little of me and yourself. Did you not understand when I said I must appear cold and aloof when in public? That does not mean that I will not protect you and the brat when your lives are in danger,” Vegeta answered.
 
“You told me that your protection was withdrawn!” she answered.
 
“What would you expect me to say when you hurt my pride, Bulma?” he snorted, swinging to face her completely. “What I meant was that if you deliberately put yourself and the boy in danger it would be your fault if he came to harm. I cannot protect you and fight to my fullest potential if you act foolishly!”
 
“You see! You admit it!” she answered.
 
“You are just as stubborn and frustrating as I,” he growled softly. “Or are you thinking of the time when I endangered you… when I almost strangled you and almost caused the boy harm? Is that why you're driving me away? Are you punishing me for that?”
 
“Yes…” she nodded. “I'm scared that something will happen and you'll snap, and…”
 
“I see,” Vegeta nodded slowly. “In that case your fear is justified Bulma. I am dangerous and I can be a `monster'. But you don't get that when it comes to defending my bloodline, I would die before I let my heir be snuffed out.”
 
“Would you really?” she asked, trembling under his open gaze.
 
“Having an offspring around does indeed change one's perception of reality. Something I did not see till the clown Kakkarot opened my eyes,” said Vegeta, closing the gap between them.
 
“What?”
 
“He said that it takes a true man to be a father,” said Vegeta. “Regardless of my feelings for you, I will not abandon my son to a monster like Freiza. I'd rather die myself then let him become what I am.”
 
Bulma's heart somersaulted at this. Pressing her hands to her face she swallowed hard. She closed the remaining distance, pressing her hands to his shoulders. “What did you say?”
 
“Must I repeat myself?” he asked with annoyance wrinkling his brow. “I cannot let the boy grow up without a future. Why do you think I was so angry when you drove me out? If I should die gloriously in battle, there must be another to take up my fight. That is what a prince can give to his son. My last legacy to the royal line of Vegetasei. And I'd like to think that you would be there to defend him when I cannot.”
 
“Vegeta, I'm truly sorry,” Bulma answered, choking hard in her throat. She threw her arms around his neck, and buried her face in his shoulder.
 
“Does this mean that I am allowed to see him before those tin cans arrive? Because once they surface, I will devote all my time to wiping them out. This is the calm before the storm. What little memories I can give him he deserves to know his true Saiyan heritage,” said Vegeta.
 
“I… oh damn,” she whispered. Vegeta slid his arms around her shaking body, letting her cling to him.
 
“I have forgiveness for your foolish ways, Bulma. Because you cannot comprehend some things that I can. But do not try my patience like that again. I don't want our last days to be filled with enmity. Let the boy remember me with pride, not with distaste. That is my gift to him,” Vegeta answered.
 
“Forgive me Vegeta,” she pleaded, hugging him tightly as if he would evaporate. Vegeta reached over and pulled her so she would sit in his lap. Bulma let him wrap her in protective hard arms, simply shushing her as he did so long ago.
 
“They come in just a month,” Vegeta whispered to her.
 
“There's no time left, I'm such a fool,” Bulma swallowed hard. “If you die… Ill never forgive you!”
 
“That is why you must be strong. Why I must hide my emotions. I have to trust that you will do your duty on the home front, as I will on the battlefield. As a true mate of the Prince would. Ruling her domain in my stead for the war ahead,” Vegeta answered. Warmth that she had missed surged through them as Vegeta powered up his ki. Bulma felt him cup her cheeks. He pulled her leg so it twisted to one side then turned her in his lap so she straddled his legs.
 
“Let me give you something to remember me by,” Bulma answered, searching for forgiveness in his eyes. Vegeta raised gloved hands to cup her face. Bulma lay her hands atop his, feeling his lips brush over with the encroaching of his face up to hers. The pressure of his mouth dominating hers followed a gentle heartfelt kiss. He slid one gloved hand down her back to caress and knead her buttocks while the other twined into her hair at the nape of her neck.
 
Vegeta's tongue slid against hers, caressing it as his hot breath surged into her mouth. Under her pelvis she felt a hard lump forming with greater density then his marvelous muscles. In his training they had grown in such density that every bit of his frame was packed with power. He removed his hand from her bottom, and grabbed one of her hands in his hair. Then he positioned it on one of the wide segmented straps that held his armor together.
 
“Remove this, woman. It's in my way,” he grated, throat rough with desire. Bulma fiddled with the straps, hands shaking. Vegeta watched her with passionate eyes hooded by his dark lashes. At the same time he grasped the tie of her wrapper. Simultaneously his armor was unlatched so it detached into two pieces as her robe fell apart. He lifted his arms so she could pull the vest up and off. With a thud it hit the carpet. His gloved hands captured her breasts veiled by the thin silk of her nightgown. Vegeta deposited kiss after kiss along her chin, then her throat. She arched her back, rocking her hips against his groin growing ever harder.
 
Next to go was Vegeta's shirt. She slid her fingertips under the hem and he again raised his arms so she could peel it up and off. Then he grabbed the hem of her nightie to drag it up. Bulma's white arms crossed before her face, and then the light cloth joined Vegeta's battle dress accumulating on the floor. Silk puddled with hard armor. Such a contrast. Through his white gloves his ki flared over her bared skin. Moisture from her arousal soaked through her boy shorts lacey panties to the fabric of his pants. Vegeta parted his legs then grunted. One breast was cupped in either gloved hand, the thumbs of his gloves tweaking at the hardening nipples. They studded out so he could lower his mouth to capture one.
 
“Vegeta,” she purred, feeling him suckle one then the other. Neither was neglected for long.
 
“Move back, Bulma,” he hoarsely grated. She slid back so he could grab his pants and lift his pelvis to remove them. He did not want to lose contact with her while getting them off.
 
“Let me,” she urged, climbing off his lap. He mumbled his protest at the loss of her warm body, but knew in a few moments it would be worth it. Bulma slid to the floor and pulled one of his boots to tug it off. She fell backwards with a white boot in her grasp. Vegeta could not help laugh at how silly she looked breasts heaving and her face wrinkled into a giggle of her own.
 
The other boot soon joined its mate. Now Bulma sat on his lap once more, letting Vegeta knead and suckle her breasts to his heart's content. At the same time she massaged his arms and rocked her hips over his arousal. Vegeta grew so hard he felt as if he would burst if he did not sate his desire. So he leaned to the side, while taking Bulma down with him. She landed with a thump atop his chest, legs tangled in his.
 
“Hey!” she gasped.
 
“I want to mate with you, Bulma,” he growled. Her underwear was ripped away, and she barely had the chance to breathe before he tugged her down for a kiss. Grunting, Bulma nestled him between her spread thighs. Teasingly she pressed her groin to his. Handfuls of his dark hair passed through her fingers while she devoured his hot kiss. Up and down her spine his gloved hands migrated, squeezing her buttocks so he could press her hips into his.
 
While Bulma wished he could separate and kiss his way down to eat her, she felt the urgency. He had cracked open the barrier between them the slightest bit. Passion oozed through in first a trickle, then a steady flood. Of its own volition his cock stood at attention then nestled into the folds of her vagina. Feeling him twitch, Bulma instinctively raised her hips. Vegeta's gloved hands lifted her up, then pulled her down around him. Bulma felt the penetration of his hard tip, groaning as he tried to spread her. One hand then left her hips to slide and tease her clit where they joined. She pressed flat palms to his chest for leverage, breasts heaving in small urgent pants.
 
“You don't want to play?” she pouted.
 
“I need you, now, Bulma,” Vegeta purred deeply. Aching with need she wriggled her hips to try and get him inside her. It wasn't long before her slick core once again embraced his cock. Inside he twitched, welcoming the tight grip of her muscles caressing him.
 
“I missed that,” she purred, leaning down to nip his chin, then his ear. Vegeta remained perfectly still, lips in a mischievous smirk. He knew Bulma wanted him to thrust madly up so he waited to see what she would do.
 
“Mmm, feels so good,” she sighed, laying down across him and spreading her legs to encompass his hips. Vegeta grunted in surprise to feel her laying comfortably atop his chest, breasts pressing tightly and squashed between them. Instead of fighting, Bulma lazily shifted up and slid her tongue into his mouth. Like eating fine chocolate she took her time exploring the taste she had missed for a month at least.
 
Vegeta lost his urge to tease her. Instead he seized her and moved his lips across hers with the motions that both wanted their pelvises to make. Slowly he thrust up, waiting to see what she would do. Bulma gasped in shock, almost losing her liplock with him. Vegeta twisted his body around, then sent them tumbling on the floor with Bulma under him. Fortunately they landed on their sides before Vegeta rolled her under him. This drove his cock deep inside her. Bulma moaned with pleasure.
 
“Now, no more playing,” he chided her. Both hands braced on either side of her shoulders so Vegeta could kneel and thrust down into her body to his heart's content. Bulma laced her ankles together just at the base of his spine. Her feet accidentally pressed the stump of his tail, causing Vegeta to snarl with pleasure. Bulma embraced him with her thighs and her arms reaching up to grip his shoulders. Soft moans and cries filled his ears, and she was carried away. Especially when he lifted her hips and sent a soothing crackle to cover every inch of her skin. Wildly she clutched him, every muscle firing with clenching blue pleasure. The ki surged her with heat, covering her body in a cloak of his energy to protect her as Vegeta's instinct overrode reason.
 
Later she lay on top of his body. Somehow he had moved them to the bed. Bulma felt as if they fitted perfectly together. She lazily caressed the scars on his chest with one finger as the Prince dozed. Oddly she felt her heart thudding at the same pace as his mighty one. Quietly she murmured, “I love you.”
 
Her only answer was a faint snore. Yet Vegeta's arms tightened around her to hold her fast. “Woman,” he mumbled, binding her to him so she couldn't escape. Her last doubts melted, and she relaxed atop him. She would not worry about tomorrow. Just focus on the warmth he could give her before he was taken from her by the lust of battle. A greater purpose existed, and now she knew her reasons to run from him were just monsters like the Androids.
 
Just outside the curtains something hovered. Yamcha slowly nodded, and watched the two slumbering from the balcony. He released a sigh, and then rocketed off towards his own training. There was much he had to catch up on.
 
“Be happy Bulma and Vegeta,” he whispered. “Because there might not be a tomorrow.”