Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Aces High ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yo yo yo. Thanks for taking time out to read this fic. I’ve been meaning to write one for almost years, and now I think is the best time to write one. A lot of DBZ is gonna change given Bardock still survives, but hey you might like the changes so wait and see =D.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Dragonball Z, Bardock The Father Of Goku, or any related Funamation products. All listed are property of such.


Chapter 1: I’m Not Dead, Yet.


“That’s right! We quit! We don’t work for you anymore! We‘re free!” Bardock looks back at the henchmen, then at the planet itself. He then returns his face towards Freiza, “You can find someone else to do your dirty work!”

Freiza was shocked but at the same time not coming from the words of a Sayain. He simply kept his cold expression as he listened to the patriotic Sayain.

“Is that all, monkey?” He calmly replied.

“Oh no… there’s one more thing!” Bardock saying this gathered a powerful ki-blast into his hand, glowing blue to symbolize his trademark attack, Riot Javelin. Yelling out an enraged scream, Bardock turns around and back again to fire his attack directly towards Freiza. Freiza, looking un-impressed, picked his index finger up with a small smile. His expression turned to pure frantic laughter as the marble sized sphere of energy grew intensely to almost ten times the size of the oncoming attack.

Bardock looked horrified as he watched almost all of his energy be sucked into the orange sphere, and it grew even bigger! Frozen in fear, he was scared and thinking this could be it for him. Freiza simply laughed and launched the beam towards the planet, going to take out everyone in the way.

“I’m…this is it… I’m going to die… no…” Bardock thought to himself, tears slowly trickling down his face. A sign of pure repentance of all he had done for Freiza’s name.

“You have something to live for, I don’t!” Bardock’s intermission was interrupted by an elder man, wearing the same armor as him. The man had long white hair past his back, and was blue skinned. Bardock got a look at him to realize he was one of the guards who had managed to hold onto him as he flew up to Freiza.

“NO!” Bardock reached for him but was too far out, and too late. The sphere engulfed the elder man and everyone else in the area. Bardock felt a gravitational tug at him. With the little energy he had left he flew himself towards Freiza’s ship, under a lower area where the docking hatch would be.

He fell to the floor the second he made it onto the hatch. No one was in sight.

“I’m not surprised… everyone is probably watching the show… those bastards. Now is my chance to heal… it should be where I think it is.” Bardock stands up and staggers to the door. It opens and he makes an immediate right and opens it to find a rehabilitation tank. Next to it was a locker. He opened it and found an exact copy of the armor he was wearing. Not wasting any time, he bolted the door shut, removed everything he had on, and stepped into the chamber and set the heal mod for “Sayain”.

“How did I fucking miss the Sayain?!” Freiza threw a cup to the ground in pure anger. A few henchmen were in the back cleaning up the area of bodies of the dead Sayains. Zarbon specifically picked up King Vegeta and looked at Freiza,

“Master Freiza, what of King Vegeta’s body?”

“The mourge, I will make a decision then.” Freiza calmly replied dismissing Zarbon with a wave from his right hand. Zarbon picked up the dead king’s body and carried him off with both hands. He looked down at Vegeta’s face.

“Maybe the cause… was more right than Freiza made it out to be… Now that I think about it we just cultivated a war species and when they became a threat, we terminated them. What if we’re really the ones wrong…?” Zarbon remembered he had left his scouter in the rehabilitation chamber. After leaving Vegeta’s lifeless and saddened body on the metallic table in the morgue, he continued back to the rehabilitation chamber.

Cool down time complete. You may emerge from the tank now, Sayain.” a computer voice rang as the liquid slowly resided from the inside. The glass opened and Bardock stepped out, naked but feeling powerful enough to fight Didoria. He went back to the rit-armor in the closet and put it on. Almost an exact copy of his own, but with the shoulder blades, much like what Didoria wore.

“My luck’s getting better already!” Bardock reached for a blue scouter and placed it on himself. He clicked one of the tiny buttons to examine his power level. He was impressed with the results. “14,500? My power level almost doubled from the beating I took… though I’m not really surprised.” Bardock slipped on his old battered bloody bandana, along with his tattered gloves.

“How did you..?!?!” Bardock turned to face the voice calling to him. It was Freiza’s right hand man, Zarbon. Bardock took a quick battle stance ready to fight, knowing Zarbon had almost twice the power level. “What do you want Zarbon? Come to kill the last one?”

“… Freiza would rather do that on his own. Put your guard down, I’m not here to fight.” Zarbon gave a hand motion to give his scouter back.

“My scouter, please.” Bardock removed the blue piece from his left ear and tossed it to him. Zarbon caught it and placed it back on his own ear.

“You said you didn’t want to fight? I think you’re full of fag-shit, Zarbon!” Bardock gritted his teeth towards him.

“I took King Vegeta to the mourge… he’s dead. I took time to think on what we did with your race in particular.”

“Oh?” Bardock raised an eyebrow, then crossing his arms keeping stood up. “Exactly what DID you think about then?”

“I’ve been fighting the wrong fight, sporting the wrong flag… whatever you want to call it. I talked to Didoria about it, he thought I was going to betray Freiza so he told him… now Feiza doesn’t trust me at all and keeps me under constant watch in my quarters. He knows I found out the truth, but I’m the strongest body guard he has at the moment so I’m too valuable to just kill off.”

“My son went to E-arth(remember they pronounced it differently in the movie lol) or whatever it’s called. He’s going to kill off all the living species… We’ve been fighting the wrong cause for as long as we can remember. I’m going to try and get in contact with my eldest son, Raditz and have him come with me.”

“You wont make it out unless you have clearance codes. You’ll be shot right out of the sky if you can’t get defense turret clearance either.” Zarbon slightly smiled hinting a joint-operation.

“You can’t be serious, us? Freiza will find you, Zarbon. He’ll tear us, Raditz, and Kakarot apart. I can’t jeopardize both of my sons lives.” Bardock said scratching his head, trying to think of an idea of what else to do.

“It’s either that or Freiza’s guards and or Didoria find you here. You’re one of the strongest Sayains I have seen, Bardock. You almost reached 15,000 but Didoria would still easily pick you off. I’m the only one who can defeat him besides Master Freiza on this ship anyway. You need me, Bardock, as I do as well for this time. I can get Raditz to meet us at E-earth within the next week.” Zarbon opened the door behind him hinting Bardock to follow him with his hand gesture.

“He’s serious…? This could be my ticket! But why, Zarbon? I’ll find out about you later on…I gotta get a hold of Raditz.” Bardock follow behind Zarbon for about a minute before reaching the pod-deck.

“No guards?” Bardock sarcastically asked. Zarbon pointed towards the repeating video of Freiza’s energy sphere killing almost all of his henchmen. Bardock gave the TV a sort of disgusted look and followed Zarbon into the rather large pod. It was definitely spacious. Large enough for possible four people. It was an oval like shaped pod, more stretched out looking than its smaller counter-part. It had hardly any armor or shields, and no weapons at all. What made up for it was the remarkable speed and knowledge of planets, making long-term galactic travel so easy. Zarbon punched in two 8-digit keys into a small computer at the left end of the pod where the window was facing outward. The pod took off and sped away from the ship at a bolting fast pace.

“Where would Raditz be? You said you knew where he was, didn’t you?” Bardock asked sitting in a right hand corner alone.

“Planet Yart. He’s alone so we should be able to talk to him without Vegeta and Nappa stepping in. Not that it’s any problem for me.” Zarbon sort of smirked.

“Ah, fuck you. I’m pretty sure Vegeta’s son could give you a fight.” Bardock replied back in a joking manner.

“Actually, you’re much higher level than he is right now. My scouter stopped your level at exactly 15,000. Nappa and Vegeta’s son are only around 4000-6000 each. But we need not concern ourselves with the fighting right now. Raditz does need training, though. Last I checked his power was barley over 1,200. He had trouble fighting off 5 saibamen.”

“Heh, pussy. I gotta teach him some of my old techniques. Raditz is a good kid though, he’s a lot like me. He really does things by the book… which may be his downfall but we’ll fix it.”

“Hmm, indeed. Yart is about a days flight away. I suggest we sleep.” Zarbon stood up and removed his cape and scouter, laying on his back and easily closing his eyes.

Bardock stared at him for a moment. He seemed to have a brighter side to him than originally thought. He thought he was the only one who could solve the problems. Then he remembers how he almost died for it. That old man… one of Freiza’s own henchmen, even saw the evil happening and tried to protect him at the last second. Perhaps there is a way to stop him… but all he could think about was Raditz, and getting to sleep. Bardock laid his head back, finally stopped spinning, closed his eyes, and drifted out into sleep.

-End Chapter 1

What’d you guys think? I wanted to give things a new idea. I’m not sure what I’m going to do to get Bardock and Raditz and Zarbon not overpowered by the time Goku reaches age of the Sayain saga. I got an idea but it’ll sound really gay when it happens. I got another one too but… yeah, you’ll see eventually, im working on chapter 2 right now so expect it really soon! Thanks for reading!