Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Addicted ❯ Addicted ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Addicted

By Ember

Disclaimer: DBZ's not mine, nor is the song 'Addicted' by Simple Plan. Shock horror!

************************************************

Vegeta greets me with his usual grunt. He steps away from the door and, in his own unique way, allows me to enter the house. It's Trunks' eleventh birthday and I've come here on a posted invitation to celebrate it with the family. At first I felt a little offended that it wasn't a personal invitation, but I can understand why Bulma would prefer to invite me in such a way. I don't see her nearly as much as I used to, but not because I don't want to. It's just… I find it so hard to see her happy with him. It might make me sound like a heartless prick, but I can't bear to see her so satisfied in her new life, the one she chose that didn't include me.

"Uncle Yamcha!"

The lavender-haired young man comes hurtling through the dinning room doors, with Goten hot on his heels.

When Trunks was a baby, Bulma told me she didn't want to ignore what his birth meant, or how much she valued and admired the way I'd been such a wonderful friend to her, despite our history. That day she asked me to be his godfather, and even though I am no blood relation he still calls me uncle, because -as she said at the time- even though her heart belongs to Vegeta, she always wants us to remain friends.

She'll never know how those words - meant to thank and praise me - made me feel like the biggest fool the planet Earth has ever had.

"Hey there, Goten… Trunks." I turn to my adoptive nephew. "Someone told me you're a whole year older. Strange," I tease, "you don't look it."

He laughs, pulling his shoulders back. "I'm big enough to kick your arse any day of the week."

Vegeta chuckles behind me. He takes it as an insult delivered with precision by his son, but I know the truth and laugh along with him.

"You're absolutely right! I'll go now then, shall I?"

"You know where the door is."

Trunks ignores his father and grabs hold of my arm. "Nuh uh! You owe us remember? There's no way you're leaving without giving us a game!"

"Oh? You know ordinarily I would, but after last time I really don't want to have to embarrass you again."

"That's why we've changed it," Goten enthuses.

"Changed it?"

"Well, we figured it was unfair, seeing as you're a baseball player and all, so we decided it was our turn to choose the game this year."

"And they're serious too. There's a soccer pitch already made up in the back garden!"

Here it is. The moment I've been looking forward to and fearing at the same time. Why the hell does it still affect me this way? She is in the doorway as my eyes fall on her, leaning on the frame with that amazing smile. A short green dress clings to her trim body. The stretchy material accentuates her breasts and curves around those amazing hips. They are tantalizing to look at and mark the stunning woman motherhood has made her. The delicious and vibrant lady she's become - without me.

I smile. It's painful. "Bulma."

"Yamcha!" she replies enthusiastically and scoots over to me. "It's good to see you here." She hugs me, laying a quick kiss on my cheek.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" I say, glad my voice isn't displaying the anxiety I'm feeling.

"Not long enough."

"Stop being an arse, Vegeta!" she scolds. "It's been too long," she reassures, touching me gently on the arm and then, much to my chagrin, she moves to the Saiyan.

She glares at him at first, and when he doesn't react, she punches him on the shoulder. At first it only appears to rile the hot-headed alien, but a fraction longer and he is bending to whisper something that only Bulma can hear. She giggles and I frown. It wasn't so many years ago that I would do the same - does she even remember those wonderful moments; does she relive them the way I do?

~I heard you're doing okay
But I want you to know
I'm a dick
I'm addicted to you
I can't pretend I don't care
When you don't think about me
Do you think I deserve this?~

I still don't quite understand what happened back then. Why we fell apart. I did everything she wanted me to. I came over when she called, laughed when she joked, held her when she needed my strength, and made love to her when she wanted it. I never did anything to hurt or destroy her heart.

She once accused me of playing the field, but I never did anything more than look. I don't quite know why we never worked out. Why did she choose the Saiyan over me? Most of the time the arrogant arsehole doesn't even acknowledge her, let alone make her feel loved or cared about - not as I did. How did he do it? How did he win her heart?


~I tried to make you happy but you left anyway~

You would have thought, after all the years that have passed since Trunks' birth, that I would be immune to her now, but it doesn't seem to work that way. Not for me. I've tried to forget her, oh my god, have I tried! I've taken so many women to my bed since that time. Models, actresses, cheerleaders, even, to my eternal shame, prostitutes---anyone to blank out my obsession with her, but nothing has ever worked.

I can't deny it, can hardly even hide it from her anymore. I still care about her, more than is appropriate under the circumstances.



~I'm trying to forget that
I'm addicted to you~

She smiles at me, and taking Trunks' present and card from my out-stretched hands, guides me to the garden. It's not necessary, I could find my way blindfolded, but she knows what she's doing. In that calm and businesslike manner of hers, she's reminding me where we stand. Perhaps she is more in tune with my feelings than I'm aware. I can't hide my admiration for her when she's near. It's always there to make me look like the loser I am.

We make it outside and I'm relieved to see that all the Son family are present and chatting around the barbeque. Goku greets me in his own innocent and enthusiastic way, and after a moment Gohan and Chi Chi pay there own respects in a less energetic, but equally pleasing manner. With Goku here Vegeta will have someone other than me to distract him and take his sarcasm out on and I exhale a long breath. My time here will pass in better comfort as a result.

It really is a wonderful day. Crickets are chirping all around, and the gardens are bathed in a warm glow of mid-summer sunshine. Bulma carefully arranges the present on a table with all the others.

"You want a drink?" she asks.

"Yeah, I'll have a…."

"Bottle of Bud?" she finishes for me.

I nod.

"I thought as much. I got some in especially for you. Some things never change, eh?"

"No, some things never will," I agree, ashamed at the way I emphasise my words.

She walks to the cooler, and I follow her, "And yet others have to."

"Oh?"

She passes me my drink and closes the cooler. "I'll tell everyone later," she promises, "but for now I think Trunks is eager to get the match started."

I let my eyes linger on her for a moment; perhaps I'll find something in her countenance that will give me an idea of what she's alluding to, but there's no more information than a faint blush. It is accompanied by a satisfied and healthy smile, but I know she's as stubborn as a mule and honest to her word. If she has something to tell me then she will, but in her own time. Instead I follow the direction of her hand.

Her father is a little distance away, fussing over the soccer nets and making sure they're in good order for his grandson.

Krillin joins us on the patio. I was so wrapped up in my own unease and Bulma's mesmerising hospitality I hadn't even noticed that he or Tien were present. "Are you ready for this?" Krillin asks.

"Don't let the boys know, but I haven't played soccer since high school."

"Great! We're doomed!" he exclaims. "My only hope was you. My sources have it that the little monsters have been training for this for the last two months. Wait… you went to high school?"

"Smart arse!" I mutter.

"It's actually more like four months," Bulma adds with a giggle. "You know how they get when they're really enthusiastic about something. I'd say you guys are in deep trouble."

"I should have left when Vegeta gave me the chance," I laugh. "It's no biggie though. We'll just split Goten and Trunks up - make them play on different teams."

"No can do. Vegeta's already selected the teams, and I for one, am not about to argue with him." Krillin sighs. "You're really not going to like it."

He hands me the piece of paper and I look it over. My hands are suddenly very sweaty. "Goten, Trunks, Gohan and Vegeta on the same team?"

"It's like Krillin said," Tien adds. "We're doomed."

"Hey it's not all bad. We have Goku on our side. At least that's Vegeta taken care of, but there's only four on each side? Who's going to be in goal?"

"We're still working on it. I think Chi Chi might be persuaded. You know how competitive she is. All we need is someone in our goal. I did ask Eighteen but she said something about 'Small brains and too much testosterone,' before flying off somewhere." He shrugs. "She does that."

"What about Merron?"

"You think I'm putting my daughter in goal to face those two?" He points to Trunks and Goten who are testing their sliding tackles on each other. I can hear Trunks asking his friend if it hurts more above or below the ankle.

"Good point." I turn to Bulma. "Didn't you use to play?"

She puts a hand to her chest and takes a step back. "That was a looooong time ago."

Krillin backs me up. "I forgot all about that. You were pretty good weren't you? You won trophies and everything with West Capitol ladies."

"Like I said - It was a long time ago."

"So you've lost your Pele touch?" I accuse, knowing she never backs down from that kind of challenge.

"Of course I haven't!" she snaps, proving me right. "Who do you think has been coaching them?"

I cross my arms. "Then prove it!"

"Oh you smug little shit!" she hisses. "I'd love to be on Vegeta's team, and cut all your macho bullshit down to size, but really… I can't."

"Why not?"

"She's given you her answer," snaps a threatening voice behind us, and my back stiffens as I turn to see that Vegeta's been listening in. "She will not be playing."

"I can handle this, Vegeta," she says. "Look I know you guys want me to play, and I'm flattered you want me to. Hell, I want to play too, but Vegeta's right. I won't be. Just leave it at that please. Besides Videl hasn't been picked yet. She's just as competitive as Chi Chi."

Krillin is about to protest, but I put a hand on his shoulder. It's useless to argue with her. When Bulma makes a decision she sticks to it. I should know. She has the same defensive and resolute look in her eyes she did the day she told me it was over - the day she broke my heart for the first time.

~But I want it and I need it
I'm addicted to you~

I remember that day with perfect clarity.

I went to her house with such high expectations. Her father greeted me at the front door and told me Bulma was outside. I walked the same path I did today and saw her on the steps of the gravity room. She was half asleep with her head resting on the main chamber, a tray of food balanced on her lap. Her hair was dishevelled and it looked like she'd been there for a while.

It was late autumn and my worry for her health spurred me on. It was only a few degrees above freezing and even though she was wearing trousers and a high necked jumper, I wanted to make sure she was okay. She hardly looked comfortable and my concern was heightened as I drew nearer. There were streaks down her cheeks. For some reason she had been crying.

Making short work of the steps I reached down to her and whispered her name, pushing away strands of aquamarine hair that had fallen over her face. She didn't respond at first and I spoke again.

"Bulma, wake up. You can't stay out here."

She mumbled something, and I leaned in closer to try and hear what it was.

"Bulma?" I whispered again, stroking the side of her face.

Her eyes fluttered a little and she shifted under the tray making it topple off her thighs. I caught it before it fell and set it to the side. She rubbed her eyes and tried to wake up.

"Wakey, wakey sleepyhead."

She looked up at me through bloodshot and tired eyes. "Yamcha!" she exclaimed, physically jumping. "Holy hell! What time is it?"

"Time for you to come inside with me. It's too cold for you to be falling asleep out here."

"That's not the answer I was after," she scolded.

"It's five thirty."

She turned in alarm to look at the gravity room. "Shit! He's been in there for twenty four hours solid."

"Vegeta?"

She nodded.

"So, let him. He's insane. If he wants to kill himself, then who are we to stand in his way?"

That's the first time I saw it - contempt for me in her defence of the Saiyan.

"That's a horrible thing to say, Yamcha! How dare you!"

"I'm just saying what people who really know him would say if they weren't too polite or too scared to."

"That's bullshit! If you really knew him then you wouldn't say such nasty things."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but silently put my shock to the side, instead putting myself forward as the voice of reason. "Okay, okay," I dismissed. "Believe what you want, but it's too cold out here. Come into the house. I have a table booked at Tsaki's - they let me have the private suite - and we'll go have a nice evening out together. Just the two of us."

Her eyes widened, but rather than taking my offered hand, she looked to the gravity room again. "I can't."

"What do you mean?"

She looked down and to my surprise tears began to flow. "I… I just can't Yamcha. I just can't do it. Not anymore."

She got up, her legs shaky as she squared her shoulders and looked at me resolutely through two glistening pools of blue. "I've made up my mind. I can't lie to you any more."

"Lie? Bulma, what's wrong?"

"Us! We're what's wrong, or at least the way I feel about our relationship is. Do you understand?" More tears fell and she laughed dejectedly through them. "My god! I never thought it would come to this. I had all these great plans and aspirations for us. I had so many dreams about us getting married, settling down and having a family. A few months ago I wanted it so much. I would hang on your every word, hoping that one day you'd ask me to marry you and that the life I wanted would be there for me, so simple, so beautiful and with your undying love and affection. But now… now I'm not so sure."

"Bulma… you'll always have…."

"I know," she said, cutting me short. "I don't doubt your heart for a second, Yamcha. I love you and I know you're capable of everything noble and good. I know you love me and the love you feel for me is genuine. It's not you I'm doubting. It's… it's me. I'm changing, Yamcha. In these last few months my heart has changed. I don't know how or why this has happened or even if it will make me happy, but I know I can't string you along and pretend like everything is rosy, when it's not."

"I don't understand."

She walked up to me and pulled me into a deep hug. "I know you don't," she admitted. "That's because you've done nothing to justify what I'm about to do."

Her lips met with mine as she kissed me sweetly before pulling away. "I just wanted to kiss you one last time so I would never forget what a wonderful man you are."


~Now it's over
Can't forget what you said
And I never wanna do this again~

"I'm sorry, Yamcha. So very sorry, but I can't be who you want me to be anymore. I don't want to hurt you and that's precisely why I'm telling you now, as a friend, to go home."


~Heartbreaker~

That was it, the first time she told me she didn't want me anymore, or at least gave indication of it. I could have stayed and fought that day, but I decided against it. I put her strange behaviour down to tiredness and her usual abrupt and changeable personality. I didn't for a moment take her words seriously. I'm not sure why there was denial. If I had studied her countenance more then I might have been able to see how serious she was, but I was lost to reason. I couldn't believe that everything we had gone through for the last ten years would be so easily dismissed.

Perhaps that is why, thirteen years on, I still have trouble getting her out of my head.

"Okay!" Krillin says, running up and hardly giving me a chance to snap out of my reverie. "Videl's agreed to be in our goal. It's time to get slaughtered!" He throws something green at me.

"What the…?"

"A training bib," Bulma says, taking it from my hands. Standing in front of me, she pops the stretchy fabric over my head, her breasts brushing against my chest as she reaches to tie it around my back. "It'll make knowing whose on each team easier." She smoothes her hands down the front once and I try to keep a poker face through the close and intimate contact. All too quickly she steps away and I am equally disappointed and thankful for it. "There!" She puts a hand to her chin and looks me up and down while tapping her foot. Does she even realize how delicious she looks when she does that?

"Something wrong?" I ask.

She laughs. "I was just wondering if Versace shoes were really the best footwear to be playing soccer in."

"Uh!" I laugh along with her, scratching the back of my head to hide my embarrassment. "I guess not."

"You're a ten right?"

I nod.

"Hm, you can't borrow Vegeta's, his feet are two sizes smaller. Hey I know!"

She turns away from me. "Dad! Hey dad, what size shoe are you?"

"An eleven," he shouts back.

"Close enough, come on Yamcha, I'll find you a pair up."

I follow her back into the house. She takes me through corridor upon corridor until I find myself in an area of the house I haven't been in for a very long time. It seems to have had a facelift in that time, but the rooms are in the same plan as they were back then. The family bedrooms. To my surprise she takes a right and is about to open the door of a room I can't easily forget. I stop her before she turns that handle.

"Um, Bulma, I don't think it's right for me to go in your bedroom."

Her cheeks crimson, an amazing and, for me, victorious sight to see. Perhaps she is not as shut off from our past as I think she is. I wonder if she ever thinks about what would have happened if things had ever worked out differently between us - if Vegeta had never come to her home? I don't wish that he had stayed dead on Namek - at least not anymore - but I can't help imaging what would have happened if he had merely chosen to go back into space and not bothered about the planet Earth or his obsession with Goku.

"Don't worry about it. This hasn't been my bedroom for a long time. After the Cell games I moved to the other side of the building. The guest quarters were renovated into a private apartment for Vegeta, Trunks and I. This is now a walk in wardrobe for my parents."

"Walk in wardrobe? Holy hell! Your room was bigger than my old apartment!"

She laughs, "We Briefs like our clothes shopping. Okay, most of it is Mum's stuff, but Dad does have a few designer labels of his own."

She opens the door. "You can stay out here if you feel more comfortable," she says with a giggle as she enters the room.

To my frustration I think I would prefer to. Converted or not, that room holds too many painful memories.

~Since the day I met you
And after all we've been through
I'm still a dick
I'm addicted to you~

Stifling the unreasonable feelings, I enter. There is a drawer already wide open when I arrive. "Which make do you prefer? We have Reebok, Adidas, Nike, or Converse?"

"Any but the Nike."

She cocks an eyebrow at me, "Still bitter, eh?"

"Hey, they made me look like an idiot!"

She shakes her head, "I thought it was a funny advert; you looked good in the high heels."

I laugh. "Don't even go there, Bulma."

"Okay," she concedes, throwing another pair of training shoes at me. "Take the Reebok then."

"Thanks, I will."

"Alright," she says as I slip my shoes off and put the trainers on. "Now hurry up, everyone will be waiting."

"Hey, Bulma?"

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry."

"For what?"

I swallow the lump in my throat, should I really go through with this? I know it won't do any good, but I can't keep these feelings inside any longer.

"For not being good enough for you."

~I think you know that it's true
I'd run a thousand miles to get you
Do you think I deserve this?~

"What are you talking about, Yamcha? You've always been a wonderful friend."

"That's not what I mean. I mean… you know… before that."

Her cheeks flush again as she understands me. "Oh!"

"Yeah, I could say a lot more, but I think I've embarrassed myself enough for one day."

I am about to walk out of the room, ashamed of skirting the issue when I had almost made up my mind to tell her all, but she touches my arm, stopping me for a moment.

"You were never not good enough, Yamcha," she says through obvious discomfort at the subject. "And I'm sorry if I ever made you feel that way. It was never my intention--"

"I know," I interrupt, "I shouldn't have brought it up."

"Well I'm glad you did. How long have you felt this way?"

"Really… it's not important now."

"Bullshit! You wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't. How long?" she demands.

I hang my head, knowing this is not going to go down well. "Ever since you told me you were pregnant."

"But you knew before then, about Vegeta and I?"

"Yes, but I didn't want to believe it. I never did anything to make you not love me any more. I could never understand what Vegeta offered you that I didn't. I tried so hard to be there for you, to show you that I would make you happy, but it was never enough. I never knew what I did wrong, I still don't, not even after all these years, and it's driving me insane. I… I just can't get you out of my head."



~I tried to make you happy
I did all that I could
Just to keep you
But you left anyway~

"And what do you want me to say, Yamcha?" she says, no longer as calm as she had been a moment ago. "I can't explain it anymore than you can. All I know is that I love Vegeta, more than any man I have ever loved before. How you treated me, how Vegeta treated me, it didn't matter. Somewhere down the line I fell in love with one of the most arrogant, up himself, powerful and amazing men I have ever met. Even I have no justification for why he affected me so much. I can't give you a reason, but just because I don't understand it, doesn't mean that it is any less meaningful or wonderful. I love you Yamcha, always have, but I am happy with Vegeta and if you think that I am suddenly going to give that up, to live in the feelings of my past, then think again."

She walks to the drawer trying to close it and when it refuses to budge, she kicks it in frustration. "I'm sorry," she says with a sigh. "I'm sorry I can't give you the explanation you deserve, and perhaps I never will be able to. This is something you're just going to have to get over on your own, and if being blunt with you is what is really needed, then that is what I will do. I'm telling you this for the last time and I don't want you to bring it up ever again. I love you as a friend, Yamcha, that is all I will ever love you as any more, with or without Vegeta."

"And this will be the only time I ever say this Bulma - Pretty speeches aren't going to change the way I feel. I've known that you love Vegeta for thirteen fucking years, and it hasn't changed a goddamn thing! Just like you, I can't give you a reason why I still love you so much. I don't think I'll ever get over you, Bulma Briefs. I will look out for you - look after you, even though I can never have you. I will always be there for you. You will always have my love whether you want it or not, because for some cursed reason I'm completely addicted to you. We're both just going to have to deal with it."

~How long will I be waiting?
Until the end of time~

She frowns. "I'm not talking about this anymore." Her features are furrowed and serious, making me know that I have overstepped the line. "We need to get back to the party," she says through gritted teeth. "You have a soccer match to participate in."


~I don't know why I'm still waiting
I can't make you mine~

Without another word she storms out of the room, and after smashing my fist into the doorframe out of sheer frustration, I follow.

Not a word is said by either of us as we walk out. I can't face her - not now. I have probably just killed our friendship once and for all. What an idiot! I shouldn't have said anything. Here I am, Yamcha, the lonely fool who can't get over his addiction to one blue-haired goddess, and whose head is so fucked up that he's probably going to end up on a stretcher by the end of this soccer match.

Master Roshi is refereeing and Oolong and Puar are the assistants as we kick off for the first forty-five minutes. At least I have something to vent my self-loathing on.

Halftime doesn't come quickly enough. I'm sure that everyone on the field can sense my bad mood and frustration. I just wonder if anyone other than Bulma realizes it is for more reason than being five-nil down already.

"There's no way back from this, Bro," Krillin says as he runs after me. "I don't want to know what put you in such a bad mood, but just let it go and have some fun in the second half. Vegeta and Trunks will be super pissed if they think they've won because we're not trying."

I laugh because I know that is what Krillin is after, but it's incredibly hard.

"Well, look at you two strapping young men!" Mrs. Brief greets us as we sit down at the patio table. "All the others are calling for food at halftime, and I thought you might like to have something as well."

"No way!" Krillin pants, "I'd be sick if I ate anything before another half like that. I don't know how the Saiyans do it! A drink of water would be nice though."

"Yamcha-dear?"

"The same," I mumble, but my attention is elsewhere. My eyes have been caught on the other table. Bulma is looking straight back at me. There is a little sorrow and regret in her features. Knowing I am watching she gestures me over.

I am hesitant. There are a lot of people about. Does she really want to make a scene?

She looks genuine, though, and as if to confirm this, a tear rolls down her cheek. She brushes it gently to the side.

It's useless. I can't ignore her, and leaving Krillin to Mrs. Briefs' hospitality, I get up.

I am incredibly nervous, even more so as I can feel Vegeta's oppressive stare on me.

"I can't do this," Bulma admits in a whisper, when I reach her. "I can't stay mad at you. Please, I know this situation will never change, and I know I can't give you what you really want, but I'm selfish and like having the people I love around me. I would prefer it if you weren't in love with me, but I don't want to lose you either. It would break my heart."


~Heartbreaker~

"You said you were addicted to me," she continues. "And you know what? I think, maybe I'm addicted to you as well. You've been there for me even when I didn't think I needed you. And I'm glad that you don't want to stay away from me."

"So what now?" I ask.

"We shake hands, make up, and promise never to argue or speak about this again, because neither of us are going to change - is it a deal?"

I take her hand, desperately trying to hold in my emotions, and failing miserably. "Deal."

There are standing tears in both our eyes. We stay this way for several minutes. I wish she would hug me, or do something to break the tension, but I know it's not appropriate.

Then I remember. "Hey," I say, trying to lighten the mood. "You said you had something to tell me? Are you going to let me in on it now?"

"I think you should," says a familiar and rough growl. Vegeta is behind Bulma and obviously enough aware of what is going on to be possessive in public. Something that is exceedingly rare for him. His arm falls around Bulma's waist, allowing his thumb to brush affectionately up and down over her hip. "I think it is right that you tell everyone."

"Yeah! What's up, Bulma?" says Goku, through a mouthful of rice. "Trunks said you had some big announcement."

Bulma squeezes Vegeta a little harder and she smiles up to him. He looks haughtily down. "I said tell them, not act like an emotional fool," he chides.

"Hey! I'm getting to it, arsehole."

Still holding the Saiyan, she risks a side-glance to me and then her eyes glisten as she addresses the whole party. "Vegeta and I. That is… we're having another baby. I'm going to be a mum again!"

There is a pause - then the entire party begins to clamber for more information.

"When are you due?"

"How long have you known?"

"Do you know what sex it is?"

These questions are all asked and answered in quick succession, and gone over in more minute detail when Chi Chi gets a proper handle on the subject. It gives me the time I need to collect my feelings and understand them. To my surprise however, very few are bad. I have regret, just like when she told me about Trunks, but my love for Bulma is bigger than any one circumstance - even one that puts more distance between me and my hearts desire. She is happy, and so long as she is happy then everything is right.

When the commotion has died down and the teams are making their way back onto the pitch, I make a detour to her. "Congratulations," I say.

She smiles and gives me the hug I wanted earlier. "Thank you!" Then she steps away. "Your team is one short," she says, pointing to Tien with both Trunks and Goten running at full speed towards him.

"I guess I better go help him out!" I laugh, running out onto the pitch and feeling one hundred percent better than I did at the start of the first forty-five.

With spirits and ambition boosted, I am unable to resist chanting, "We're going to win six-five!"

Krillin groans, knowing I'm not going to go with his "let 'em win" strategy. What do I care anymore? Let Vegeta's team win by fifty. With Bulma's admission I feel like I've already won. Even though we can never be together, she is just addicted to me as I am to her, and it feels great!

~I'm addicted to you~

The End

*************************************************

A/N - *Huggles poor Yamcha* I've been wanting to do a fic from Yamcha's POV for a while now, and when I heard the lyrics to this song I couldn't resist. I just hope I managed to make it believable. Let me know what you think.

Mega, huge, special thanks go to LisaB for beta-ing this for me. I hope you like the small change I made. It was just for you. ^-^