Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All The Comforts of Home ❯ All The Comforts of Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
- DISCLAIMER - Akira Toriyama beat me to creating Dragonball Z, so I own nothing concerning DBZ except my own imagination.


##########################



Vegeta walks down the hall of his wing at Capsule Corp. It had been one of those days. One that just made him angrier than usual. One that made him long for a place that he knew no longer existed. The blue-haired banshee woman had decided that today was repair day. So thus, the Prince of all Saiyans had been relegated to fixing drains in ten of the dozen bathrooms throughout the large house, then the dishwasher broke down, his son's bed fell through, and finally the pool needed patched. 'The pool!!' the Prince fumed as he stormed into his room. He began to slam the door, then thought better of it. 'I'd have to fix that then.' With the door softly closed, Vegeta turns toward his bathroom with a deep sigh. One of those kinds he only allowed himself to hear. 'When did I, the Prince of the mightiest race in the universe, become nothing more than a... handyman?!' He wonders for the thousandth time today as he moves into his shower. He slips beneath the hot stream, allowing the massaging showerhead to beat the tension out of his tight muscles. As he begins to unwind he glances up at the device he's standing under. 'These types of showerheads weren't found on Vegetsei, nor on Frieza's ship.' Slowly, his mind begins to dwell on thoughts of all the other amenties that he has come to enjoy on this planet. The food that's readily available in that contraption called a refrigerator. The thought of food brings his new Mother-in-law's cooking to mind. 'The woman has always treated me as family even before I mated with Bulma.' As Vegeta leaves the shower his mind continues to wander from thoughts of one creature comfort to the next and the next until he finally reaches the bed. His bed. In his very own room. In fact, the woman he mated had given him his very own wing in this huge house, complete with a state-of-the-art training room. Yes, the gravity-controlling training room was another one of those things he came to enjoy here. Vegeta allows the towel to slip from his waist and slides into the plushy, comfortable bed. But his mind dwells on one more thought. These people, these humans, this family particular, didn't have to take him in. He was an enemy. Now he was mated to one of them. Just then a small rapping is heard on his door bringing him from his thoughts. He raises his head to look toward the door, 'What is it now?!' The lavendar-haired boy peeks in timidly, 'Just wanted to say good night, Dad. And thank you for fixing my bed.. and the pool.' Vegeta hesitates then gives a soft grunt of an answer and the door is closed carefully once more. 'My son.' In the privacy of his own room, the Prince allows a slight smile to grace his lips. 'My son.. the best reason why I continue calling this planet home.'