Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Cold Comfort for Bulma ❯ Conclusion ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Cold Comfort
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z, Popsicles or any trademarked stuff here. Toriyama created DBZ, and I'm borrowing the characters for this fan fiction. I don't get paid for this peoples! Don't sue me, for this means no harm to the series. Only Shandi, Ginger and Chopsuay are my fanchars.
***************************************************************** *****
Epilogue
Bulma wondered much in the coming weeks if Vegeta would train elsewhere or remain on earth. Even after the first ultrasounds came back, she felt uneasy. During the days she would work in the lab, and at night they would share the bed if he wasn't training. But one day as they sat after a long day's training, she turned over in bed.
“Why won't you sleep woman,” Vegeta grunted, turning over to look at the fall of blue hair on the pillow. His body offered warmth but she herself was still cold. She needed reassurance and needed it now.
"I had wondered what you're going to do, when its closer to the time of the Android's coming," Bulma said softly. "Vegeta… what's going on in that head of yours?"
"Hmm, you never shut up long enough to allow me to enjoy a moment's peace,” Vegeta sighed. “I'm going to have to eventually train elsewhere from your annoying family and so called friends.”
"But you'd really want to stay here with me, won't you?" Bulma asked, touching his face.
“What are you talking about,” Vegeta mumbled, blinking at her.
“After the Androids even… will you go or stay?”
"You really ARE dense sometimes woman," he growled. IT was his turn to flinch as she kissed his cheek, throwing her arms around his neck with a gleeful laugh.
“Now WAIT a minute!” Bulma glared at him.
"Humph… the trouble I put up with you makes me wonder sometimes if this honor's wasted on you,” Vegeta mumbled.
“Excuse me? What honor are you talking about? Is there something you're NOT telling me? I forgot that you're Prince of the assholes as well as the Saiyans…" she corrected herself.
“At least you remember, Bulma,” he said with an evil smirk. “I suppose I will have to tell you eventually.”
“What's this `honor' you're talking about me not getting?” she asked.
“You're far stronger that I had anticipated, woman," he said, with the first bit of reverence she'd ever seen towards her or any human. "And I had not counted on you being able to carry my offspring. But it makes things all the more different now. But considering this is not Vegetasei, it is hardly any of your concern because I don't know if you'd understand the significance.”
"Spit it out will you?" Bulma said, slapping his bare chest. "I hate it when you don't get to the point…"
"You will have my son," Vegeta said quietly. “And if this was Vegetasei, and he survived long enough, you would be my one true consort.”
“What?” she blinked.
“On Vegetasei, the first concubine that gave a live male offspring to the King was considered his Queen. That is if she survived long enough afterwards,” Vegeta said.
“What do you mean?” Bulma suddenly stammered. Vegeta snorted and shook his head.
“I suppose since that idiot's harpy wife survived her brat's birth you might. But there's still the chance you might have problems later on,” Vegeta mumbled. “I hope your father can build a tank if there is a problem.”
“Vegeta what are you babbling about! Am I… in danger?” Bulma panted.
“I do so hate explaining these things,” Vegeta sighed, rolling his eyes as if reciting a lesson. But he did hate the fear present in her gaze now. So he reached over and took her hand in his, rubbing it between his own.
“Because there was a shortage of females, as soon as many concubines produced a child, they were removed, so she could get pregnant again as soon as possible. The invitro tanks enabled the reproduction rate of my people to be boosted twice its normal rate…" Vegeta explained. "To remove a baby halfway through pregnancy was considered the only option… because a heavily pregnant female would be more at risk to die, or be harmed. So the baby would be left to grow till it's 30th week, be removed and placed in the tank so it could survive… you do the same on your world…"
"That doesn't happen by choice! Babies that are born premature aren't done so naturally!" Bulma yelled at him.
"I did not know," Vegeta apologized. "I had seen the hospitals where the babies were in small incubators and I assumed…"
"I'm carrying him till the end," Bulma said. "But if you REALLY want to, I'll build the tank. And if Trunks has to be born from there, so be it… but I sure as hell hope not…"
"As you wish," Vegeta said quietly. "But make no mistake, as soon as the child reaches halfway I must leave for the traditional six month time… to train… and then return…"
"You could wait till it's born, and continue to train in the GR," said Bulma. "I'll leave you alone… I promise… wouldn't you want to know your son. Your heir is born all right?"
"I must consider this carefully, for there is less time," Vegeta said quietly.
"What if that boy… from the future returns?" Bulma asked, unsure of how to put into words her fears and hopes.
"Then he'll have much to explain for," said Vegeta quietly. "I saw how he looked at you. He will not take you from me…"
"He's only a CHILD! Vegeta, Kami I'm not going to be a cradle robber!" Bulma yelled at him exasperated. "God what do you think I am?"
"Bulma, you must understand that Saiyan males are extremely territorial," Vegeta said angrily.
“So territorial that you'd pretend that you would have nothing to do with him,” she glared at him.
“Bulma, I protect what is rightfully mine. Even if it does seem that I am a heartless bastard, I protect and follow through my duties. The enemy must be defeated, and you must listen to me and display good sense. I won't have you taking stupid risks with what I've entrusted to you… so you must mind your place…"
"And is it as your living incubator? Fuck I should have just built the damn tank," she grumbled.
"You idiot," Vegeta grumbled. "You said you'd bear him the full way… make up your damn mind…"
"I honor your traditions, but you must be aware that I can't just give mine up," Bulma said, gritting her teeth.
"I am aware of your damn fool traditions. Don't you realize that I'm sacrificing much by even giving you this honor? I don't like sentimental feelings and fucking hearts and flowers. I can't gush over you like Kakkarot does with his mate… you cannot demand that of me!" Vegeta snorted. He turned on his side with a disgusted snort, facing her with his back.
"I don't," said Bulma with a hard swallow. "I only want you to be there, as a father should. Don't leave me to do all the…"
"The boy will have to be trained, and I am the only one suitable for such a task. I can't expect YOU or the weaklings to teach him to properly fight," said Vegeta disgustedly. Awkwardly slapping her back. Realizing this wasn't the appropriate thing; he simply left his hand where it was. That seemed to placate her, for she nestled into his arms close. He groaned in frustration because she wanted to 'hug' him.
“So then that does mean you'll stay on earth when all this is over?” Bulma asked.
“You are hopelessly dense,” Vegeta sighed. “Do you not remember that I said this child is mine?”
“You said half his blood is yours! Now you're suddenly claiming him as your own when before…” Bulma blinked.
“I did not think… it would survive this long,” Vegeta said quietly. “Because there was also the chance of the concubine miscarrying because the brat wasn't strong enough.”
Bulma's mouth dropped open. She suddenly saw the serious sober look in his eyes. Vegeta gently caressed her shoulders and pulled her close. Softly he touched his nose to hers and said, “That's' one reason not to get too attached till the three month mark. Since you've carried my blood this long, then I am committed to see it through till the end. You are the only female who is carrying him, and thus by default you are my concubine and my… queen,” Vegeta said quietly, gritting his teeth to express such private details of his culture.
“Attached?” she asked.
“Yes. By blood this child bonds us.”
He saw the tears in her eyes, and gripped her shoulders firmly. For a moment he saw her trembling, and released his grip. Stiffly he removed one hand, and curled it around her shaking body. She laid her face against his shoulder, and latched her arms around him in a death grip.
“Vegeta,” she whispered, then kissed him hard. When they drew back, there was a frown on his handsome face.
He grumbled, "You cannot be rid of me. The bond is set between us till one of us is destroyed. And even then I cannot sever it. The child bonds us for eternity. I should hate you for it, because you're human and not Saiyan, but I cannot. It was a choice we both made and must live with. And the thought of having an heir with my blood does not displease me.”
"Even if you won't ever feel the same, I love you," she whispered. "You don't have to love me back. Maybe you're not capable of ever feeling it… but the thought of never seeing you again…"
"A true Saiyan could make the sacrifice. And I'm expecting too much that a human would do the same…" he said. “I cannot be here woman. You must accept me as a Saiyan, and learn.”
"Yes, but a human can learn, Vegeta. And you can teach me how to do what you expect me to… as your mate…" Bulma answered.
"I suppose you finally DO comprehend. It took you long enough," Vegeta snickered. “Now will you stop pestering me with such infernal questions?”
"I love you," Bulma whispered.
"I know that, woman," Vegeta answered matter of fact. "But I can't ever feel as you do. You'll have to get used to that…"
"You don't do feelings… well I couldn't give a shit right now Vegeta. Whatever I thought love isn't what I'm feeling now, but I know it's what I want most…" Bulma chuckled.
"I think what I'm feeling is what's making me consider the damn fool thing of taking you at first light tomorrow," Vegeta answered. He growled and slowly reached down to play with her growing desires.
"Something tells me you're going to resent this though,” Bulma said with a sigh. “Staying on earth and having a child with me.”
"I can't help but resent it woman. I can't help but think that I'm making a mistake taking a human mate, but I stand by my word as Prince. You can't expect me to accept the cesspool of a world willingly like some fucking sheep that your mindless friends are,” Vegeta grumbled.
"No, you wouldn't be the Vegeta we all know and hate," Bulma teased.
"Mmm, good you understand," he said. "Now enough talk… I'm still in the mood to take you hard before we can sleep."
"I know," Bulma nodded, letting him roll her over beneath his hard body.
"I'm just as stuck up and stubborn and selfish as you are, Vegeta," Bulma choked. "The devil made us and will destroy us."
"Screw it, nobody's here to see, this foolishness," he told himself, then raised his other arm to enclose her. He'd learned long ago the woman wouldn't shut up unless he learned this foolish custom. This was why she was surprised when he leaned over and covered her mouth with his. What started as a foolish comforting gesture turned into a rather nice suggestion, from her tongue thrusting past his lips. Grasping her backside he gave it a squeeze, and pulled her hips close to his body so he could deepen the kiss to his hungry satisfaction. Bulma bore up against the pressure of his fingers, which wasn't enough to seriously hurt her, but enough to sometimes leave bruises on her hips and shoulders.
Vegeta snorted in affirmation. His hand slid down between her legs to squeeze her womanhood.
"I need you NOW woman…" he whispered.
"Vegeta… Kami I can't stand the thought of being without you…"
"You aren't alone, fool," he grunted.
"Ohh OWCH!" she laughed as he thrust his way into her.
"Your fault for being who you are," Vegeta hissed as he tried to work his way back into her. "Though this is quite desirable, we must start ALL over again conditioning you to match me…"
"Shut up and make love to me, because I need you," Bulma answered.
Eagerly they attacked one another's lips. Vegeta pounded into her as he let loose an animalistic cry. Blood seemed to seep from beneath her fingernails digging into his palms. Over and over they rolled, kissing and biting one another. Bulma finally reached her climax, twisted into his arms as he drove her to bliss and beyond.
When they were sated and humming with pleasure, Bulma sobbed into his arms. Vegeta simply pulled her to lie atop him, all his energy shared between them equally. She didn't want to move her hand from where it was tracing through the scars from many fights on his chest. However Vegeta realized another important fact. Pregnant females were dozens of times more insatiable than normal. He would be reaping the benefits of this impregnation till he decided to leave and train before the Androids came. If only he could ditch the weaklings till then.
When they were sated and humming with pleasure, Bulma sobbed into his arms. Vegeta simply pulled her to lie atop him, all his energy shared between them equally. She didn't want to move her hand from where it was tracing through the scars from many fights on his chest. However Vegeta realized another important fact. Pregnant females were dozens of times more insatiable than normal. He would be reaping the benefits of this impregnation till he decided to leave and train before the Androids came. If only he could ditch the weaklings till then.
Even if the fools threatened Bulma, those that had sabotaged her car and broken into her home, he knew that her weakling friends would be there in a flash to protect her. Scar face, Baldie, and the clown Kakkarot would all trip over themselves to make sure she was safe. He was sure even that brat from the future would come to defend his mate at a moment's notice if she would be in trouble. Still he wondered if he would have to test the brat's loyalty on that one. When the brat from the future did return Vegeta thought a good test would be to see Bulma in danger, and then see if the lavender haired pretender would rescue her. If he did so, then Vegeta could trust he would defend the blood of Vegetasei. However if the others did see this they would think him heartless even if Bulma did comprehend his reasoning.
And he could always return to see his son later before a last time of fierce training. Till then he would enjoy this newfound comfort which was not cold, but strangely warm.
***