Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ COOL CHANGE ❯ it never ends ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Cool Change
It Never Stops
 
No matter how had he tried, nothing could get him out of the office on time. He promised himself a month ago that things would change. He made it home in time to eat a great dinner, spar with his dad and friends and seen Pan Transform. Tonight he was going to go home to a party and he was late. Again.
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 888888
Bulma had made such groundwork. She was very proud of the fact that the party was going to be perfect. Her plans ran as deep as the ocean. Pan would have a great birthday party and anything for her future daughter in law. She hummed lightly to herself. She was fantasizing however. Ever since she had seen how much Trunks cared for his Panny, she was on a mission to make it a reality. However, Trunks had fallen back into his normal days with not so much as a flicker of interest in his chosen one. Tonight was the juncture to which would change his absenteeism to her plans for him and Panny.
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888
Vegeta was mad. His Onna had never failed him. It had been four weeks and Trunks had yet to come back to train. He had not been out with Pan once and there was no romance brewing. HE growled out in anger. If things did not change tonight, he would get involved. Trunks could not live month-to-month trying to regain what he was missing by spending one day. That wonderful morning four weeks ago gave him hopes but now, nothing zilch. He had good information that the Son's family would accept Trunks. Hadn't Kakarot told him that? Hadn't Gohan himself sprouted how good Trunks was for his own Brat? Why it would be perfect. He was about to have another Royal fit. However, he calmed. The party tonight. Bulma had promised that Trunks would be surprised with the new developments. Good he thought.
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 888
The party was in full swing and every one of their friends had made an appearance. The only glitch, Trunks was late and Pan had brought a date. Bulma could scream but then again Trunks seeing Pan with another man might be the catalyst that sends him over, but No, he was not here to see it. TO make matters worse Vegeta was growling and not even Goku could bring him out the stupor! When the time came to open presents Pan was seated in the middle of the table. Everyone had gathered around and flanked to her right was her ever-bothersome human `friend' Yuji. Tension was high for Bulma. Just when Goku thought, he should try to see what could be upsetting their host, Trunks made a very large entrance. Upon hearing his voice, Pan jumped and went to relive him of an astounding huge teddy bear.
 
“Trunks-Kun, what have you got there?” she laughed as he placed the enormous plush toy on her.
He smiled gently, at her his heart happy to see her smile again. “Remember the one you won at the Budokai when your were four? This one reminded me of him, and I know you love teddy bears!” gushing his answer.
 
Pan smiled, but reminded him that she was no longer four but 21 today.
Trunks only shrugged and bent to whisper in her ear, “I know, I have something else for you later, this is just to cover up for me being tardy” he winded at her reddening face
 
When their little conversation ended , a stranger approached Trunks, and reached out his hand, “ Hi you must be Trunks, I am Yuji, a friend of Pan's” Trunks automatically shook the hand but his eyes squinted a bit to remember if he had ever heard of this `friend' before.
Pan spoke up, “Yuji is going to participate in the tournament next week! I've been teaching him some different techniques.” Pan wondered why she felt a need to give Trunks an excuse for Yuji. She could not place why he had gotten that look on his face and she instantly became worried but did not know why.
 
Much to Bulma delight the party became much happier. Old times were remembered, and the food was plentiful and good. Bulma could only top Chichi when she BBQ and had plenty of good water and beer for the Z-Fighters. Happily, she peered over to Vegeta to see that his mood had too brightened by the arrival of their son. Soon she promised silently, he would get Trunks home to train and she would have those grandchildren she wanted!
 
It was very late and most of the guest had left the party. Bulma set the clean bots out to clean the yard and clear away the mess the gang always seems to leave. She said goodbye to her friends and settled inside with the Son's. All were sitting on the couch relaxing from the fun they had. Bulma cleared her throat and became the center of attention:
“I am glad that all of you have stayed late tonight. I have some news that Goten and Bra do not mind me spilling… “
Chichi jumped up happy, thinking that her son had proposed to Bra. She started to cry.
Smiling evilly, Bulma shook her head and said, “No Chichi that`s not it.”
Chichi replied, “Well he should have!”
The room cracked with lighter, except for Vegeta, and Goten.
“Like I was saying, I have some great news, for me then, Goten will begin to work for Capsule Corporation, this coming Monday.” She turned a bright smile to Trunks, “He will be the Executive Vice President of International Corps.” Smugly she looked around at the faces that did know of the situation and was very pleased. Everyone had congratulated Goten but then Chichi mouthed off again, “I hope this is not some charity thing Bulma!”
Enquiring eyes took in the scene. Leave it to Chichi to do this. Smiling her shark like smirk, she had gained from Vegeta she set the assumption down, “Chichi, IF anyone you should know that Goten is a great diplomatic person, his business degree was in international business relations, he minored in communications too!”
Chichi still eyed her and waited for Bulma to continue.
“Plus, I could not trust anyone but the Son's with secrets especially Siayan secrets and the origins of anything alien” Finished she looked back at her best friend who gave her a victory sign, which caught Vegeta's eye.
 
HMMM he thought, Chichi and Bulma were in this together. The harpy jumped right on cue but it had been a staged encounter. HE wondered how much of this was instigated by Bulma's plan.
 
Chichi then said, “All right Bulma I Believe you, but what about Bra, didn't you have something to tell is about her?” Vegeta snickered now that he could see the game played out. This was going great he gleefully thought.
“Right enough Chi” she turned to give her son a look, to see that he was quiet for this; he sat there in a look of utter confusion. She continued, “As you know Bra has been working here for me at CC. I have had her help me and Gohan log and organize the overhaul at CCSEP. But I have relinquished her to finally fulfill her rightful position.” She paused noticing that Trunks had took a deep breath, “ON Monday she will be joining forces with Trunks in the running of CC headquarters the Executive Vice Presidents of Operations” Trunks jumped up and cheered. The entire family only laughed at his antics. Bulma let the roar and the talk go on, because she was too happy to maintain the floor now that her plan was in full swing. In reality, these two things were going to happen anyway. Eventually Trunks would have hired Goten, when Goten had stopped training with Bra, and Bra would be taking over to help Trunks. She had just moved things along faster. However, with a more underlining deliberate action. One that Del and Chi were proxy to.
***88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888
Voices calmed down and more goodbyes were said. The foursome, Goten, Trunks, Bra, and Pan were all left to bask in the good time they had enjoyed. Nonetheless, it was evident that though Bra and Goten spent all day training for the tournament, the nighttime was for their private time and Trunks wanted nothing else but to spend some quiet time with Pan.
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888
Trunks watched as Goten and Bra decided to go out in to his grandmother's gardens and walk with Bra. Taking his opportunity, he claimed Pan's hand as his own and led her to his own set of rooms. Happily, she followed him knowing that she was going to get her present from him.
She sat down on his bed, asked, “Should I close my eyes Trunks?”, and giggled.
“No, I have it hidden and wrapped” He assured her
He stepped into his closet and came back a moment later with three gifts professionally wrapped. She tore into the largest of the three.
To her delight, Trunks had given her a Silk embroidered Montsuki Japanese Kimono. On the right breast lapel and back was the insignia of the Son's family. Actually, it was a Bardock's Vegeta-sei family insignia. Pan was mesmerized by the sentiment of such a gift. She smiled happily as she placed it gracefully back into the box and went for the next gift.
The box contained a picture of Pan, Goku, and Trunks at the Budokai tournament when she was four. She was on her grandpas shoulders and Trunks was holding the huge teddy bear that did look like the one that he brought home that night. He had it framed in a sturdy frame.
She laughed, because she had not seen that picture in years, and Trunks had it professionally redone and enlarged. She looked up questionably. However, he only smiled. She rolled her eyes. Once again, Trunks was being sentimental!
Finally the last gift. It was much smaller then the others. She was quite sure that it probably was expensive knowing Trunks. She gently undid the ribbon and carefully took the paper off. Her breath caught as she recognized the box as that one that held Jewry. She gave him a look and he seemed to be holding his breath. Pan opened the box to reveal a Gold necklace. What appeared to be gold balls, she studied it closer. There were three Gold balls that were actually dragon balls with stars, one, two, and three in the center of the necklace was a golden dragon. His body was segmented and the chain linked its way, in the center of his body a foot held the four star ball. Following his tail were the last three balls. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. She could not even speak she was so surprised…...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
“I hope it fits right” was all he said as he took the necklace form the box and began to clasp it on.
He looked back to see where the chain hung on Pan and if the dragon would set right once it was on the neck. He breathed deep as he was more than satisfied with it. Pan quickly jumped up and ran to his dresser mirror. She admired the piece. Nevertheless, breathless she shook her head.
“Trunks this is too much,” she pleaded
“No, don't say that. IT'S NOT enough for you Pan” he quietly replied.
“Why?” She asked
“Because you're my best friend” was all could say aloud, because I love you he thought for a moment, then smiled at that silly thought.
`its to remind you of all the times our families have spent looking for those things, and I know how much you loved all those adventures. See here the four star ball. That's the one Goku always kept.”
“Yeah I know” she smiled at the stories
Pan surprised him by taking him in a hug. Happily, he hugged her back. Then he noticed that Pan was crying. Something she never did.
He looked back at her, took his thumb, and brushed the few tears away, “why the tears Pan”
I don't really know, but I am not sad” smiling through the watery eyes
He took her back into a hug and kissed the top of her head. Then he placed another kiss at her temple, and continued to kiss her face on her cheek. She retuned the gentle caress by kissing his check.
For a moment, neither moved but was still cheek-to-cheek. Then in an insane moment, Trunks moved forward and met her lips with his. Too shocked to do much then return the tentative pressure. They shared their first real kiss.
All too soon, it ended and both were deathly quiet. Trunks made no move to release her from his embrace; she had her head down, not meeting his stare.
He could not explain it, he felt as though he had just been given a breath of life. ,
For the first time he knew what it felt, like to be alive and that was due to her lips.
Not trusting anything else at that moment, he released her. Moreover, he turned away.
Unsure of everything, Pan picked up her gifts and placed them to her heart.
However, spoke, “Umm Thank you Trunks, the gifts are beautiful, I really love the necklace and the kimono, and that picture is great too.”
And the kiss too she added silently.
She rushed out of his room and nearly flew to her own room at CC.
 
 
 
Closing his eyes against her retreating form he whispered to the emptiness that surrounded his life, and whispered her name, Pan, a small spark of happiness began to light his way.