Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Danger in the horizon ❯ New arrivals ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Two - New Arrivals

Note: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters. I'm not doing this for profit.

Bulma made it to her workstation with just moments to spare. The team leader did not have time for people who did not turn up on time. Work now, play later was her motto. She personally found that this motto wasn't so bad. It wasn't as if she had much fun any way. Unless you counted the mind training exercises she was currently doing. Occasionally at work she would move small items around without anyone really noticing. Once she had even been able to read a couple of her team mates minds. Not that it did much good. All they could think about was the next shipment of porno mags and videos coming in the next eleven months.

"Hello? Earth to Ms Briefs? Are you there?"

A voice cut through her daydream. It was unfortunately her team leader and she had no idea how long she had been talking to her.

"Um..yeah? Is something wrong Sharon?" stammered Bulma.

"No. Just thought you might like to accompany me on a welcome party. Seems we've had three new arrivals in the past hour. Just finished docking now. Looks like some prime technology is up for grabs."

"Yeah great!" Anything to get me out of this boring lab for the day, thought Bulma. "I'll grab my tools and scanners and we are out of here!"

"My, my aren't we eager to get out today?" Sharon's heavyset face crinkled into a smile. "Okay, hotshot, let's go."

Bulma and Sharon made there way to the express elevator which took them to the bottom level of the docking bays, gazing at the blackness of space outside the window of the elevator.

On Station Delta there were 12 levels for docking. It needed that much space for the sheer size and volume of ships that arrived. Most of the travellers stopped briefly, picking up essential items and fuel before continuing their journeys.

Some, however were refugees from inter-planetary wars and wished to stay longer as part of the station crew or to permanently settle on the Earth. All refugees had to be carefully investigated to be absolutely sure of their intentions towards the Earth and it native species. Then they had to wait until the shield opened a portal for them to travel through. Most were benign. The security protocols had never made a mistake…. Yet. Bulma hoped they would never make a mistake. She and many others had too much to lose from any sloppy errors.

A metallic voice broke through Bulma's thoughts.

"Entering docking bay, level one"

Bulma and Sharon made there way to the where the new arrivals had come in. Three males could be seen through the window in the quarantine area. All were humanoid in appearance and powerfully built.

Bulma glanced briefly at Sharon. "Do you think they might mean trouble, Sharon?"

"Don't think so. From the report it says that they are asking for refugee status. Something to do with their planet being obliterated a few years ago. Some planetary war or some such. Just treat them as you would any other refugees. Carefully."

Sharon stressed the last word. She had after all had some experience with violent life forms in the past with the scars to prove it. It was the first and last time she showed any real compassion towards any refugees.

Bulma looked past the older woman and her eyes settled on the crafts they had travelled in. Compact spheres. Very interesting. She couldn't wait to get her hands on some of that technology and pass it on to her father. The ships were a little beaten up and needed extensive repairs. Without some information from the travellers/refugees she would find it difficult to fix.

"Well, Sharon, I'm going to need some assistance with this one. I'll need info from them to repair the ships properly."

"Okay Bulma, I'll ask a security team to come down ASAP. I think we will need ki guns and shields to be sure of our safety."

Meanwhile in the confines of the quarantine area, one of the men was pacing relentlessly back and forth.

"I thought these humans would be less prepared than this. How are we going to get through their shielding and get my brother?" He scowled at the situation they were in.

"Shut up Radditz!' A sharp voice cut through his wallowing. "We will get through and get Kakkarot. Don't overestimate these weaklings. There will be a way. Freeza will not be able to find us for at least 1 of the Earths years. In that time we will train and when the time is right eliminate Freeza."

"You're right, highness. I should not have doubted your plan for an instant. Forgive my insolence." Radditz knelt in front of his prince in submission.

"Don't whine Radditz. I'll beat your submission out of you once we are able to get out of this box and into training. Once I have your blood on my hands, then I will know I have your complete confidence in my abilities." The voice was deadly serious.

Radditz paled beneath his tawny skin. A training session with the prince was as good as death. He stood and moved back over to his seat.

"One thing puzzles me though" said Vegeta in a slightly lower tone. "Why is the Earth still inhabited? Your brother Kakkarot was to have purged it over 20 standard years ago."

The third man said nothing. He knew better than to second-guess his prince out loud. He grimaced as he passed his large hand over his baldhead. This mission had better be worth the price they could end up paying. He only wanted the satisfaction of being able to fight, kill and maim. It was in his blood after all - he was part of the noble and savage warrior race called Saiyans.

The security team took several minutes to arrive at the docking bay carrying ki shields and guns for protecting Bulma and Sharon during the short interview they would have with the new travellers/refugees. The quarantine area scanners had completed an extensive and non-invasive summation of the three men. No diseases or serious injuries had been detected.

"Safe to enter quarantine area." the computer voice rasped.

Bulma took a deep breath before she entered. This was her first time in interviewing any refugees and she was extremely nervous. Sharon gave her a quick glance, which reassured her. The security team followed at close range surrounding the two women, in order to shield them from any attack.

As Bulma entered she got a closer look at the three men. All of the men wore the same type of clothing with brown belts and had well defined muscles.

Two of them were absolutely huge. At least 7 feet tall. One was completely bald which seemed to indicate he was the oldest of the three. The other tall man was just as heavily built with a shock of black spiky hair, which appeared to extend down his back, almost to his knees. She peered back up at his face. It seemed familiar….nah. Her mind had to be playing tricks. For an instant he looked a little like Goku.

As she turned away she noticed the last man. He was much smaller, around 5 feet nine inches, only a little taller than her. His hair was also black and spiky and seemed to extend upwards, defying gravity. He had the same tawny skin colour as the other two and a profile almost sculpted from marble. For just a brief moment she could not tear her gaze from him. His black eyes were drawing her in with a fierce intensity that she could not get away from.

Sharon's voice cut through her assessment of the men. "Well, shall we begin?"