Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Danger in the horizon ❯ A visit from Kami ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 15 - A visit from Kami

Note: I don't own DBZ

Thanks to all those who reviewed!!!

Goku smiled broadly as he wiped the sweat from his brow. This days training had proven to be one of the most taxing and fruitful yet. He could see Piccolo panting from the exertion also and knew that he would probably agree with him. Gohan had improved in leaps and bounds over the past four months and was likely to end up rivalling both of them strength and ability when he grew older.

That was if Chi Chi would let him continue with training. Goku knew that his wife of 4 years really wanted Gohan to pursue a more cerebral lifestyle, focusing on intelligence rather than strength. But as Gohan was only 3 years in age she had decided that pushing him into intensive studies could wait another year. Goku smiled at the thought of Chi Chi. True, she did have a rather explosive temper when agitated, but she made up for that character fault in other ways. She was a superb cook, a wonderful tigress of a mother and a demon in the sack.

He grinned again, realising that his stomach was now growling. He turned to Piccolo and Gohan who were sparring half-heartedly with each other. "Come on guys! I'm hungry and Chi Chi hates it when we're late for dinner."

Piccolo just grunted in response. As a Namek, he didn't require food at all and the thought of consuming any disgusted him. But, remembering Goku and Gohan's appetites he picked up his cape and hat and started walking toward the small house where Goku's family lived, the sweat dripping from his antennae onto the ground. Gohan followed him like a small devoted puppy. As fearsome as Piccolo appeared, Gohan saw him as being just as much a hero as his own father and spent almost as much time with him as he did with Goku.

Chi Chi looked out of the window to see them coming towards the house and frowned. She did not share Goku and Gohan's acceptance of Piccolo. To her he would always be an evil green man who tried to kill her husband on several occasions and take over the world. Even after he had saved Gohan from death at the hands of Garlic Junior she still did not trust him. Her only consolation was that while he was with Goku he could cause no mischief or harm to anyone.

Goku strode into the house, giving Chi Chi a brief kiss on the lips in greeting. As per usual she had outdone herself with the food. The table was almost groaning at the sheer amount of it. Both he and Gohan sat themselves down and started rapidly eating, barely pausing for breath. Chi Chi stifled a small chuckle of amusement. Even though both of them did this each time she fed them, she never could believe her eyes at the speed at which both of them ate. Piccolo, meanwhile stayed outside to drink his water, curling his lip in revulsion at way both of them ate.

"Sure you don't want any, Mr Piccolo?" asked Gohan in between bites, with some of his food still in his mouth.

Piccolo drew in a deep breath. Every damn time food was served he was asked the same question. And he always gave the same answer. "No."

With dinner finished and the vast amount of plates and dishes cleaned away, Goku decided to take a soak in the tub to ease his tired muscles and digest his food. He sighed, relaxing in the hot water, watching the small tendrils of steam dissipate in the cool night air.

Goku spoke aloud to the night sky, counting his blessings. "I really have the best life. A wonderful wife, a son and a house in the country. What could be better?" He looked up at the night sky and wondered how Bulma was, working in the stars, on Station Delta. He hoped that she was finding it as challenging as she said she would before leaving. Goku missed her a great deal. After all, she was his best friend in the world, after Chi Chi.

He leaned back, his eyelids growing heavy. Suddenly he stiffened glancing around him, aware of another presence.

"Still sharp, I see Goku." Chuckled the man emerging from the shadows.

Goku relaxed and looked at the green man standing in front of him, not in the least embarrassed at being interrupted in the process of bathing. "Ah Kami. What brings a god here? Checking up on us lesser beings perhaps? Or maybe you still don't trust Piccolo's intentions?"

Kami gave him a dry smile. "Not any of those things. And how could I not trust Piccolo? He is of my own flesh after all."

"Just a social visit then, huh?"

Kami frowned just as quickly as he had smiled, leaning slightly on his cane. "Not that either. I have been having visions of the future. And it doesn't look good for any of us."

Goku lurched forward in the tub, splashing water on the ground and on Kami's robes. "What do you mean? Garlic Junior hasn't escaped from the Dead Zone has he?"

"No. This threat is worse. A terrible force is coming and the Earth is going to need all of its warriors in helping to defeat it. His name is Freeza. A changeling. His power is immense and he has the ability to destroy planets as easily as crushing a bug." Kami paused, leaning his aged form on his cane for support. "This is not the only problem facing Earth either."

Goku's face fell. One threat he could handle, he was sure. But another?

What the hell is going on?

"What is the other problem, Kami?" He frowned, looking directly into the deity's ancient eyes.

Kami took in several deep breaths before replying. "The other problem I would like to explain to you, your family and Piccolo. It will concern you all."

Goku hurriedly dressed and assembled his family and with much resistance, Piccolo at his table in the house.

Piccolo growled at the sight of Kami, baring his pointed teeth. "What are you doing here, old man?"

"Quiet, Piccolo." Snapped Goku. "This is very important and affects us all. Please, tell us what the second problem is."

Kami settled himself in a chair, hands firmly clutching his cane. "The first thing I suppose to tell you is that you, Goku, are not human."

Both Chi Chi and Goku gasped in shock. "Not human….how can that be?" whispered Goku.

"Please, let me continue. Goku, you came to Earth approximately 22 years ago as an infant. You were sent here to clear the planet of all life forms and once that mission was completed, the planet was to be sold to the highest bidder. Freeza orchestrated these missions in an alliance with the Saiyan race, of which you are a part. He paused. "However, you were found by your adopted grandfather and raised as a human boy, without any knowledge of your true heritage. When he first found you, you were like a feral animal, ready to attack. After you injured your head in an accident you changed a great deal and became the Goku you are today."

Chi Chi felt like fainting. Her wonderful husband, an alien? "I suppose that would explain the tail then." She murmured, edging away from her husband in fear.

Goku noticed this immediately and attempted to envelope her in his brawny arms. She moved further away. "Please don't, Goku. I don't know how I am supposed to feel about this…" she sniffled.

Kami coughed, trying to get their attention once more. "As I was saying Goku, you are a Saiyan. The reason that this is a problem is that we are about to have three visitors to Earth from your own race. Their intentions are not clear at this time, but they are somehow involved with Freeza. They will seek you out. There is not much time before they get here because at present they are on Station Delta."

Goku slumped in his chair, his mind reeling from the revelation. "How long before they arrive here?"

"About 2 weeks. Freeza will be arriving in our galaxy in approximately 2 months. As I said before we don't have much time. I will make the Hyberbolic time chamber on my lookout available to you and your friends to train in to assist in your preparation of the battle to come."

"Wait a minute." Piccolo spoke up angrily. "The Earth has the shield in place to resist outside invaders. These…..Saiyans will not be able to breach it, so why the worry, old man?"

Kami turned to him, speaking as if to a disobedient child. "Piccolo. They will breach the shield. I have seen it. It can be done, but only by someone skilled enough to. The shield will hold for a small amount of time against Freeza but he will find a way around it and destroy the planet, or, at the very least wipe humanity from its surface."

Kami glanced once more at the shocked faces at the table. Sometimes he hated his position as God of Earth. It was times like these that he wished he was not a god and didn't have to give people he liked and respected dire news.

He rose slowly and placed his hand on Goku's shoulder as if to reassure him. "I will make the preparations immediately and see you and your friends tomorrow at the lookout. Farewell." Kami then strode out of the house and disappeared, going back to his palace above the Earth.