Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Danger in the horizon ❯ What becomes of the broken hearted? ( Chapter 35 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 35 - What becomes of the broken hearted?

Note: I don't own DBZ or the song/movie that the chapter title comes from.

Special thanks to: JB and Susan. No one else seems to reading my fic at MMO at the moment. (sobs pathetically.) Lots of Radditz and Amanda action this time with a special note for my faithfulreaders at the end.

On with the chapter……………….

It proved to be a rather unusual night for many people.

Victor was still sitting in his office, cradling a tumbler of whiskey in his hands, although he was well aware that most of the staff had already gone to their homes, or gone to have a post work drink at one of the more popular bars in Satan City. No one ever asked him to accompany them anymore, it was well publicised throughout Capsule Corporation that Victor Anderson did nothing but work and that was the main cause of his marriage break-up. Dr Briefs had suggested gently at the time that Victor should take some time to himself and try and patch his relationship up with Amanda. Victor had refused, believing that work was too important and that Amanda would in time come around and things would be as they were before. Unfortunately, this never happened and he ended up signing divorce papers not long after, his beautiful wife citing "irreconcilable differences."

Victor was well aware of the hushed tones that employees used when his marriage first broke apart; the pity he saw in their eyes making him feel like even more of a failure in personal matters. Victor knew that he should move on in his personal life, find someone new, but nothing could stop him from thinking about Amanda in the moments that he was not focussed on his work or when he was sitting alone in his apartment.

He threw what remained of his drink down his throat, welcoming the burning sensation as if it was an old and trusted friend, then gathered up his briefcase and coat, switched off the lights and left. As was his usual habit, Victor went through the gardens, to clear his senses and bracing himself for the lonely night ahead in his apartment on the compound, a place devoid of any real homeliness. {I miss you Amanda, I want you to come back to me….}

This night however, Victor got a rather nasty surprise as he strode along his normal path. Not more than 50 meters ahead of him, stood his former wife, entangled in the arms of a tall dark man, someone that Victor had never seen before at Capsule Corporation and he surmised that it was most likely one of the men that Bulma had mentioned only the day before. He froze momentarily, shocked beyond belief at the affectionate display, and the fact that it involved his ex wife, his anger quickly rising like a volcanic eruption in his heart. Victor could not hear the words being uttered by Radditz and Amanda and not wishing to force a confrontation at this stage, slipped into the shadows to wait until the enamoured couple moved on he hoped, apart from each other.

"Well?" Radditz gently probed, fighting to hide the anxiety bubbling up within his body as he awaited Amanda's answer. Their minds had not yet joined, but with Amanda's acceptance of him as her mate, it would not be long before it happened. As a lower class Saiyan, the bonding ritual was not as important as it was for Vegeta, being as he was of royal blood and tradition must be followed religiously. His and Amanda's bonding would not be filled with the beautiful savagery of Bulma and Vegeta's but would be a bonding ritual as befitting his class.

He continued to nuzzle her cheek, the closeness of their bodies making him keep his focus on the gorgeous creature in his arms, not sensing that the both of them were being watched closely, by an angry and grief filled man in the shadows.

Amanda broke from Radditz's embrace, trying to regain her breath and give him an answer without stumbling like a lovesick fool over her words. "As I was saying, Radditz," she bravely looked up at Radditz's face, seeing for an instant the fear of rejection pass over his handsome features before he regained his stony faced composure and realised the turmoil that he was undoubtedly feeling. "I sat and went over my options. From the moment that I touched your hand, that day you were with Dr Briefs, I could not get the feeling out of my body or my mind. Something sparked between us, something I have never felt before with anyone." {Not even Victor could make me feel this way…….} This was the passion Amanda had been looking for in her marriage to Victor but had never found. She had always been a believer in love at first sight and for so long had believed erroneously that Victor was the "one". Sadly, he had not been. Now in front of her was the man who was her destiny, this man of whom she knew nothing about. It didn't matter though.

She reached out and ran a trembling hand down Radditz's cheek, watching his eyes soften as she touched him so affectionately. "The strange thing is I'm not afraid." Amanda closed her eyes as Radditz placed his hand softly over the one she had on his face, stroking gently, making Amanda shiver with anticipation. The silence enveloped them, almost becoming deafening in the still cool air. "I should be afraid, I know nothing about you."

Her next words were so quietly whispered that if Radditz had not been paying such close attention he would never have heard them at all. The tiny sliver of moonlight seemed to bath them both in its pale blue glow, highlighting a single tear travelling down Radditz's proud face as he continued to gaze at Amanda. She was laying her soul bare to him, and he knew the answer even before the words passed her lips. Even as Radditz felt it slip down his face he did not wipe it away, not daring to break the physical contact with Amanda. "I need you Radditz. That is the conclusion I came to, out here in the cold last night. I need you."

Radditz stood frozen, looking down at Amanda, her face twisted in fear of being rejected herself. Regaining his composure, Radditz bent his head and brushed his lips against hers, joy welling up inside his chest so quickly he thought he would burst. Radditz moved his lips against Amanda's in acceptance of her words, his brawny arms pulling her in closer, eager to feel every inch of her body against his own as Amanda returned the kiss with a ferocious passion, their tongues probing each others mouths. When they finally broke apart, Radditz whispered to Amanda as he picked up her unresisting form and carried her inside Bulma's house, towards his room. "I will always need you."

Victor Anderson stumbled away clumsily from the scene, the sight of his former wife being caressed by her new lover taking him to the brink of madness, his dream of reconciliation blown away like dust in the wind. His only thoughts were then of confronting his ex wife at work the next day. {How could she?}

Zarbon impatiently scanned the clear plastic astral charts strewn around the cockpit, attempting to find a safe location to hide. The feeling of nausea in the pit of his stomach was growing by the second as he had by this stage rejected at least 20 planets in the area, each one being dangerous in one way or another. Either the natives were hostile to all aliens and exterminated them on sight or it was part of Freeza's empire, and the inhabitants would be too scared to oppose Freeza by harbouring a disgraced minion of his with a death sentence on his head.

Zarbon realised that the news would have been spread to hamper his escape, as Freeza knew Zarbon far too well to assume even for a moment that he would willingly go to his death and not attempt to free himself. He wouldn't be surprised if Freeza hadn't already dispatched a few bounty hunters to spice things up a bit. Freeza had no need to travel so many miles to Earth to break Vegeta or to chase Zarbon down, it was just part of the sick games that Freeza liked to play.

Pausing in his assessment of the grave situation in front of him, Zarbon glanced irritably at Lisa as she worked, seemingly too slowly for Zarbon's liking. Zarbon was beginning to think that his faith in her abilities as a technician were unfounded, because by the time she got around to even getting close to completing the task at hand, Freeza would have already caught up with them. He knew that she would have to ascertain if the circuits in the cockpit could take the increase in power without blowing them both up to kingdom come by testing them, but his patience was growing thin, making the atmosphere more tense by the moment.

"What the fuck is taking so long?" He demanded tersely, eager to get the hell out of the sector of space they were in currently. Almost arrogantly Lisa snapped back at him with a sneer, not disguising her distaste for being put to work like some sort of slave. "Bastard. I've almost finished testing, so try and make yourself useful, Zarbon. Find a safe planet for me. Then you can do whatever the fuck you want." She then turned back to the job at hand ignoring the outraged expression on Zarbon's face. "Bitch." He hissed at her back. If everything had gone according to plan on Station Delta, he would not have been stuck in a small craft with an inept power hungry bitch that couldn't even complete a simple task.

Zarbon ran his hands through what was left of his hair and stalked out, unable to stand being in the same space as Lisa to get himself cleaned up and check on how his face and body was healing. Even his immense sexual drive seemed to dry up in her presence, and for the first time in days, his thoughts were not on seduction of any woman.

When he looked at his reflection in the small mirror in the bathroom, he cringed. His body had healed fairly well, and there would only be a few scars left from his fight with Vegeta. What really killed him inside was the damage to his face. It was never going to be the same again. The burns had left their mark; the skin was mottled and lumpy with blotches of purple adorning his cheekbones. With a shaky hand, Zarbon traced the scars, grimacing at the texture, which once had been smooth and blemish free. He was a monster. Not even a regen tank would be sufficient to undo the damage now, it was too late.

Lisa smirked as Zarbon left. Now was the perfect opportunity to find out the frequency on which to contact this Freeza who Zarbon was running like a frightened child from. Her plan was simple, firstly she would contact Freeza, secondly she would then find a way of disabling the ship for a short amount of time without the blame being place on her and then wait for what her delusional mind told her would be the reward. Lisa had already put the memory of the brutal rape aside; she had endured worse before to get to what she wanted. Nothing was too low for her to stoop to.

She had to work quickly as Lisa had no idea how long Zarbon was going to be out of the cockpit for. Swiftly, she accessed the communications log and pinpointed the transmission frequency that had been the most regular to this ship and took a note of it mentally before returning to where she had been testing the circuits just in case Zarbon returned and caught her in the act.

In reality, the testing should have only taken a maximum of 30 minutes, but Lisa had managed to stretch it out for 2 hours, driving Zarbon's patience almost to the point of no return and making Lisa think that maybe she had made the wrong decision in betraying him. Luck however, had been on her side, this time. All the pieces were falling into place very nicely. She finished the testing just as Zarbon re-entered, watching him carefully from the corners of her eyes, suppressing a desire to laugh out loud as he commenced scanning over more astral charts, searching desperately for a bolthole to flee to. {Soon, Zarbon you won't have to worry `bout a thing ever again.}

Amanda was slowly driving Radditz to the point of no return as she nipped at his exposed throat with her lips and teeth, letting her feelings be her guide. It was out of character for her to act so impulsively; normally she would have slowly eased herself into a relationship, not plunging headfirst as she was doing now. But here she was, ready to give herself over to a man she barely knew, not even pausing to consider the consequences of her actions in the harsh light of the next day.

Several times during the ascent to his room, Radditz had almost lost complete control and taken her there and then in the elevator. But he wanted it to be special, because this was the woman he would spend the rest of his life with, not some whore on Freeza's flagship, there only to for him to take his pleasure in. All thoughts of Bulma had flown from his mind, he was captivated by the blonde temptress in his arms, not the blue haired woman he had been so sure was his soul mate. Radditz knew that the time had come for him to share his memories with Amanda. This was the woman he had been born the right person for.

Once they had reached his room, Radditz, not wanting to waste any time, gently lowered Amanda onto the bed, then lay beside her. The bed was small, giving them little room, bringing their bodies into closer proximity. Both of them lay face-to-face for several moments, not touching, barely breathing, eyes locked together. Finally Radditz spoke, ensuring that what he said did not frighten Amanda, for that was the last thing he wanted to do. "There are things that you need to know about me, before this goes any further." Amanda gazed back at Radditz, her expression quizzical. As she opened her mouth to speak, Radditz gently placed his fingers on her mouth, effectively stopping her from going any further.

"Please, just listen. I am not human, I am an alien from a planet long since dead. There are only three of use left now, my brother, my leader and myself. Our ways are very different to yours. When we finally meet the one with whom we wish to share our lives with, we bond with them and become life mates." Radditz realised that he was rushing through the explanation to get to the most pleasurable part of bonding, so he stopped to gauge Amanda's reaction to this for her, a possibly earth shattering revelation. She did not shrink back from him or try to extract herself from his embrace so he continued, merely keeping a somewhat intrigued look on her face, although at that present moment Amanda was expecting him to tell her it was all just a big joke. To dispel her doubts Radditz unfurled his tail, switching it from side to side like a cat. Upon seeing it for the first time, Amanda finally began to accept his words as truth.

No one on Earth had a tail.

Knowing instinctively that her silence was acceptance of the facts, Radditz continued. "When we bond, we share memories, then bond with our bodies and lastly we mark each other to display our mated status to others." As Radditz removed his fingers from her lips, Amanda replied, her voice steady, jade green eyes locked with his, not betraying the slightest amount of doubt she may have been feeling. "Whatever it takes, Radditz. I want this."

Radditz did not answer, instead he kissed her deeply, probing her mind and at the same time, releasing his own memories, revealing all, laying himself bare. If Amanda had any doubts about the truth in Radditz's words before, there were none now. She watched like a spectator in his life, from early childhood, seeing his now dead parents to the first purging mission he ever had. As with Bulma, some scenes sickened her, watching Radditz kill the innocent and weak, experiencing him being beaten during particularly violent sparring sessions with Vegeta, feeling his guilt as he killed Nappa and disposed of his corpse. Then there were better memories, his interaction with his parents and the first meeting with her. Although the bile rose in her throat several times, Amanda managed to get past it all without being sick to her stomach, but she understood now. He was a warrior who had fought for all the wrong reasons for his whole life.

Radditz in turn watched her life, her happy childhood free of pain and suffering until the death of her father at the hands of a drunken driver. He saw her first meeting with Victor at Capsule Corporation and their wedding, jealousy rising within as Amanda shared intimate moments with her husband. Then it changed, Radditz seeing her fights with her husband, the separation, the attempted reconciliation, and then divorce. Now he understood human nature better, but seethed at the fact that Amanda still worked with her former mate.

There were no secrets left to discover.

Timidly, Amanda began to unfasten Radditz's clothing whispering to him again, "I want this" as she urged Radditz to remove hers also, shivering in trepidation as her clothing fell to the floor along with his, until finally both were naked. His eyes greedily drank in her slim lithe form, skin kissed by the sun, her firm breasts, her long legs. Amanda almost shyly looked upon his nakedness, reaching out with her hands to trace a path from his collarbone, down his muscular chest and stomach tracing the scars of his battles affectionately before reaching his aroused manhood, gently stroking it, earning a groan of lust from Radditz. "By the gods, you are beautiful." He rasped his voice thick with anticipation.

Not willing to wait any longer Radditz leaned in and captured her mouth in a rough but passionate kiss, his hands cupping her buttocks to bring her in closer, so that he could feel all of her body next to his, making sure that he surprised his strength so as not to hurt her. Radditz then progressed from her mouth, softly making a path down to her breasts with his tongue, tasting her skin, now covered in a light sheen of sweat as the heat between them grew. Amanda gasped and arched her back as Radditz flicked her nipples with his hot and willing tongue, grinding herself against his arousal, making him groan once more.

As Radditz continued his sweet torture of her sensitive breasts, his tail moved around to stroke her back, making her tremble with the sensation. He moved one hand from her buttocks and lightly stroked his large fingers over her hips and belly, before moving lower to softly push a finger into the pool of wet heat gathering between her legs, slowly pumping in and out as he continued to suckle at her erect nipples, pants and moans spilling forth from her lips.

Amanda's fingernails grazed down Radditz's back to his tail, before one hand encircled it at the base, tugging gently on it, which served to further arouse him, while her other hand stroked his engorged manhood, feeling it grow larger with each stroke. With a grunt of impatience, Radditz moved carefully on top of Amanda, his mouth moving upwards to kiss her passionately again and again as he continued to pump his finger into her wet womanhood. He pushed one leg between hers, pushing her legs apart, then without any warning, he moved himself down her trembling body to flick his tongue and lap at the heat at the apex of her thighs, causing her to pant with excitement and grasp his long hair, moving him closer, not wanting to stop the wonderful sensations sparking through her body. No one, not even Victor had done this for her. {More, Radditz, I want more…}

For several moments, all that could be heard within the room was cries and moans of pleasure from Amanda as Radditz teased her and brought her to the brink. Slowly, Radditz lifted his head from his ministrations and in one gentle thrust, entered Amanda, growling with pleasure as her muscles clenched his arousal firmly, her nails grazing down his heavily muscled back and tangling in his long spiky black hair, pulling him in to kiss his lips, tasting herself on them. Radditz watched Amanda, her facial expression being one of ecstasy as he increased the speed of his thrusts, hooking her long legs over his shoulders to reach deeper within her. After several moments, Radditz moved Amanda to be placed on top of him, never leaving her. Holding her hips to initially steady her, Amanda then rode him passionately, her breasts bouncing in time to his gentle thrusts, before Radditz reached up and caressed them, lightly pinching the nipples to heighten the pleasure, before Amanda screamed out his name for all the world to hear as her release came and she collapsed on Radditz's chest, his seed released within her a moment later. After regaining her breath, Amanda moved from atop of Radditz, and his arms reached out to draw her into his embrace, holding her tightly to his muscular chest as Amanda drifted off to sleep, her energy completely spent. Radditz bent to nuzzle her neck and tightened his possessive hold on her, as he too fell asleep not long afterwards, a low rumbling purr of satisfaction emanating from his throat as his soul began to rebuild itself. {My woman, my mate…….I care so much for you, more than you may ever know.}

For now both he and Amanda were blissfully wrapped up in each other arms, neither caring about what the next day would bring.

All that mattered was the here and now.

But in the cold light of day, all the risk taken to be together could be an ill omen of despair for them both.

BTW, there is one more chapter to come this weekend, lots of B/V lemon and action, due to all of the wonderful support you guys have shown me over the past couple of months. So keep an eye out for it!!!