Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Depths of a Naked Heart ❯ Path of Fire ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, this was long since coming, lol. Also based off a few different movies....anyways, hope you like.
The italicized parts are flashbacks. I hope this is close to how I started writing this story...kinda lost the 'mojo' for it--details aren't fun. And neither is writer's block, school, and work! Anyways, onward!

............................................................ ........

Fire blazed in the grate at the center of the room. The glow cast dancing shadows in the deep corners. A bellowing baritone broke the night's thick silence.
"I've always thought women were foolish creatures," He paused for a snide laugh, "but this one has proven to be quite useful. She brought this upon herself when she allowed one to bed her. Isn't it fortunate that her husband died so conveniently earlier. He never had to see his wife become a whore."
"The Saiyans have never been defeated, my Lord, Aterius. There are those who say it is impossible." A second deep voice joined in.
"Impossible, Nestien? I doubt it. King Vegeta thinks he's untouchable. He thinks he is strong, but when Vegeta-sei falls, I'll controll the Eastern Solar System." The moderately tall figure of medium build, piercing green eyes, and such crimson hair it looked black spoke as he gestured to the many star maps upon the far wall.
"Their prince commands the finest army ever known." Nestien, who as well as Aterius, had green eyes, dark hair, and a medium build, held a tone full of doubt.
"I will attack them with the greatest force the universe has ever seen." To prove his resolve, his fist collided with the table before him. "Send emissaries to all the kings of the Annesh Alliance. All who wish to see the Saiyans perish." Upon his start toward the doors, Nestien cut him off.
"One more thing...sire...we need Cerus. Him and his band of Kaelyden mercenaries."
"Cerus? He can't be controlled. He would just as much fight us as well as the Saiyans!" The King of Annesh obviously knew that none could oppose the warrior--not even himself.
"Control him?" The advisor laughed. "We need to unleash him...his power. That man was born a killer."
"He is a threat to all that I've built. Before me Annesh was nothing; I brought the kingdoms together and created an unbreakable axis. The future is created by me! Cerus fights for no man and no kingdom."
"How many battles have we won on account of him? This will be the greatest war the universe will come to know. We need the mightiest warrior."
Sighing the High King, gave in.
"There's only one man he'll listen to."
"Don't worry, I have the perfect plan." The royal stared at the man he trusted with his life.
"I'm listening." The man stared back, equally steadfast.
"Invite emissaries from Vegeta-sei, and you can leave the rest to me."
The king and his most trusted advisor shared a smirk before parting ways.
................................................................. .....................................
Glistening beads of sweat drenched his chiseled form; carved by gods one could say. His training regiment would undoubtedly keep him in such a state. Never one to break this intense routine, he grew rather enraged by the very thought of interruption.
Sensing someone's approach, he sent an admirable sized blast of ki spiraling at the intruder.

"Ha, your reputation surely does precede you." A familiar voice--long since heard--called.

"Are you here on Aterius's orders, Oden?" The man in question took on a humorless expression.

"We need to talk."

"I'll tell you right now, I won't fight for him." The words of the tall warrior spurred the 'intruder', known as Oden, to run his hand through his loose chesnut curls.

"I won't ask you to fight for him then. Cerus, fight for Annesh."

"Oh, then are the people of Annesh tired of fighting themselves?" The warrior gave a soft chuckle, still dripping in his sweat; his usually spiked dirty blond hair, matted down.

"For the moment." Oden mimicked his laughter.

"The Saiyans have never done anything against me." Cerus wasn't one to give in so easily.

"They've insulted all that Annesh stands for."

"They've done many things, and yet, at the command of one man, all of Annesh will sacrifice the lives they've built. The man just couldn't keep tabs on his own wife. He's just bitter. Maybe it was his plan to take the Moon's queen for his just as King Vegeta has. None of my business, Oden."

"Your business, my friend, is war." Oden pressed on.

"Is it? That man has no honor." Cerus chucked a loose rock across the lake he chose as his routine training post.

"You can fight for honor, and let Aterius fight for power. We'll let Annesh decide which man to glorify." Cerus sneered, returning to his regiment. Oden continued. "Forget Aterius. Fight for me. I know my wife would feel much better if she knew the ultimate warrior were by my side." He snorted. "I would feel much better. We're sending the largest force ever brought together."

"Their prince. Is he as good a warrior as they say?"

"He is." Cerus smirked.

Oden could sense a victory may be at hand. He began his departure.

"We leave in three weeks." Turning back to Cerus, he added. "This war will not be forgotten, nor will the strong who fight." With that said, he was on his way.

........

Silently entering his home, completely bathed, he called out, "Hales?"

"I knew they'd send for you." A soft female voice stated. From down a darkened hall, a woman of seemingly fragile presence, deep purple locks with matching eyes, appeared.

"If you knew, then you must know of what they ask. Will you try to stop me?" This woman, he could never deny; his soft side only came about for her--her alone.

"Would you listen to me if I did?" She smiled. "What have you decided, Cerus?"

"I have no intent to go. That repugnant man who calls himself High King of Annesh even tries to have me swayed by Oden's tricks. The coward." Cerus crossed his arms over his muscled chest.

"No matter what you choose, I'll stand by you. You know that? I'll stay beside you forever." Cupping his chin with her tiny hands, Hales gazed into his amber orbs.
Enveloping her in his arms, he huskily added, "Forever couldn't be long enough."
Passionately, he captured her lips with his own.

..............................................


"You believe an united universe is possible?"
"Yes, your Honor. I believe the planets can and should be allied. If not all, then most."
"What leads you to believe the planets would want to join in such an alliance?"
"Would not such alliance make some feel threatened?"
"Once they see the benefit that can come of it, how could one refuse? I mean to say, if we could create a peaceful universe, a universe without conflict....without hate..."
"Not all peoples are of the same nature as you, my Queen. Take into consideration the Saiyan race, per say. These barbarians live for the rush of fighting. Not with any magic or offer could you turn them away from this nature."
"And there are others who may not be so easily swayed."
"I respect your views, good Counsel. However, I will carry on with my goal to its fullest extent. To have the planets of event his System allied would be a blessing."
"Then by the power blessed upon this Council of Ages, you may go forth in you aims."
"Thank you, your Honor."
"Take it upon yourself to meet with each planetary royal, dignitary, advisor, and envoy alike to gain the approvals you seek. Adjourned."
......................................

"Are you prepared to hear our terms?" A pompous intonation sounded.
"What is it the great Earth King would ask of us?" The Lunar Queen, acting as emissary for Venus, asked. Or so one would be led to think.
"A marriage. The Earth shall consent to alliance if a deal can be made with the Venutian Kingdom. The young princess Sesha shall wed our dear son, Prince Darien."
"One could never force Venus into an arrangement of such magnitude." Serenity felt relieved, an alliance would be made. Yet, she kept up the charade.
"That is the terms." The Earth King's tone was resolute.
"It shall be. I'll will set a gathering with King Vanas and Queen Aphrodite." She smiled.
"Wonderful. Come let us converse more in the Medhyo Gardens." He took her arm before she could reply, taking her to show off his reknowned aesthetic gardens.
..................................

She'd learned hours before what her journey from the prison would lead to--she'd have preferred the dank accomodations. Her body ached from the several bouts of torture.
"Your silence is endearing. Any other woman would plead for their freedom...or some loved one...or plead for more. You are truly a hard woman to predict, Serenity," he paused pulling her to him, "but you know I enjoy a challenge." He purred nuzzling the nape of her neck.
Giving in to an impulse, she brought her consealed weapon racing for his throat. His reflexes trumped her brashness. He'd caught her wrist before she had nipped his skin.
"Did you really think that would work?" The man's famous smirk graced his lips.
"Do you really think this will bring your Queen back?" She spat in his face.
With his crushing strength, he repelled her blade; sliding it across the pale flesh of her neck. A crimson line appeared behind the shimmering metal. Just as smoothly as the blood had flowed, it vanished with a stroke of his tongue.
Locking his stone cold eyes with hers, her arms pinned between their bodies, he drove himself forcefully into her center.
................................

Adorned now in a gown of the palest blue, after the long hours with the bantering duo who'd clothed her, she'd gotten enough courage to roam the endless halls. To her liking, she had her tail snugly wrapped around her; hidden under the yards of fabric.
Surprisingly, no one came in her direction. If only she could keep it that way long enough to find a ship and get safely off this rock to a planet of the Alliance. Unfortunately, each corridor looked the same as the next. Yet she still walked on.
Dark. Grey. Stone. Even the turns were hard to decipher. She'd nearly walked into a wall before realizing the structure was solidly connected. It was an irritating labyrinth.
Footsteps. Several.
The voices that accompanied were of definite male range. Which way to run? She couldn't remember the way she'd came; the walls seemed to move when she'd turn a corner. Running backward, her skirts bunched in her hands, she found a new hallway. It was lighter than the others. Sliding across the wall, pressed as flat as she could, her hand found the cold metal of a door handle. With little pressure, it opened.
Smoke poured forth from the room inside causing her to wheeze.
"How in the great gorilla gonads did that happen? Must've breathed. I knew no good would come of that! Right, Sten?" A voice said, shadowed by the smoke. A piercing birdcall followed.
"Hello?" Serenity called, coughing.
"Who's there?" The crashing of glass vials onto the hard floor could be hear among the shufflling of feet. "If this is about the hemmorhoids, I swear to you, they're only a minor side effect. Those patches of scales will go away in 2-3 days, too...maybe." The smoke began to disapate.
"Um...Excuse me?"
"A female? That's most unexpected. None of those come around here. I think it's the cheese." Another birdcall sounded. "No, Sten, pie is the breakfast of champions. Forget pancakes!" Clearly, Serenity needed to get this man to focus. Lightly, she cleared her throat.
"Oh, how can I help you, my dear? Help with some mysterious malady, I presume?" The smoke was waved away, revealing a man of her height, old, and covered in blue ridged skin. A scar was prominent across his elsewise unblemished face; extending from the right eye, through the corner of the mouth, and ending at the beginning of his beard.
"No, no. I....I" She'd never seen someone like him before.
"Then you're here to learn about the future!" He picked up a bottle and was about to throw it into a large pewter pot in front of him.
"No!" The man stopped in mid-throw. " I was just getting away from the soldiers."
"Mmm-hmm, mmm-hmm. Yes, I'd imagine they'd be all over you. All these gorillas are alike." Serenity lightly blushed at his words.
Looking into his eyes, "You're not a Saiyan?"
Of course, she knew, but she wanted to make heads or tails if this guy could be trusted.
"Oh, leotards, no! Name's Malachei." He took off his cap and bowed. "I'm just an ol' Taurisan. I'd leave if I had the grapes to steal an airship, but I find that my talents are of more use here."
"No jobs on Tauris?"
"Hard to get one amongst all the other doctors, scientists, and magicians. And these gorillas need all the healing the can get. Nearly killing themselves everyday, they are. At least the people here don't all look the same. Long story short, I'd never willing go to a family reunion again. Just to feel the rough moustache of my Great Aunt Rutti." He shuddered, and a high-pitched squak rang out. "Pipe down, Sten! I know the differnce between men and women! Bloody, pigeon. Laughs at me every chance her gets." Serenity failed to stiffle a giggle. "Yes, I suppose it is rather funny."
Before the 'outspoken' Sten could put in another word, Malachei spun in his direction pointing his finger directly at the bird's beak. "You be quiet, or I'll roast you. Ruddy turkey." Sten, who was in actuality a parrot, bobbed his head as if he, too, was stifling a laugh. Serenity laughed louder, then became serious.
"Malachei, if you don't mind my asking, where did you get that scar?" As the older being gently ran his hand over the defect, she began to wish she hadn't asked.
"Oh this...." He grew silent, and his eyes shifted to the wall behind her. "Do you know why the Angels of Light were destroyed?" It seemed he was trying to change the subject; his voice had become a bit frantic.
"Angels of Light?" She inquired.
"The Lunarians...wonderful people they are...were." His face fell into a solemn mien, still transfixed on the wall. It seemed he could not tell she was a Lunar, herself. Serenity followed his gazed to a portrait. It looked ancient. A collossal monster was depicted within the frame. Blood covered its body and bared fangs; the beast's massive arm, out-reaching to the silver glow in the upper corner. The smallest remnants of a pair of eyes glared out of the glow. Beams glistened towards the monster as if they were a menacing defense against the bohemoth. It was dramatic; begging to have its story told.
"The Lunarians had always been a welcoming people. Peace and love was their gift to all who arrived on the heavenly planetoid. They held parties every night filled with dancing and laughing. Truly, the Lunarians' arms were open to all.
A young Saiyan prince would change that. Although he had all he could ever want, he was a spoiled, selfish, unkind little hairball. Lustful beast, too, he was. Upon invite, the Saiyan royals attended one such gala. That libidinous worm had his own agenda for the evening." Serenity was rivetted to every word spoken. This man held insight to the history she'd learned from only one side of the predicament, yet it seemed the same was true on this side. Still, she listened, remaining silent.
"He had made his way, if you will, with several Lunars, killing each afterward. Unfortunately, this had included a young noblewoman. The girl's mother and father alerted the Lunarian queen of the prince's behavior. Not permitting the Saiyan royalty to leave, the queen demanded the prince be handed over for just punishment. No one had ever seen or heard of the use of a dungeon or torture chamber upon the Moon; what kind of punishment could it possibly be?
But the King of the Saiyans wouldn't allow it. He blamed the women for their willingness to go off with an unfamiliar man, especially when they knew full well they had no chance to fend off a Saiyan in this kind of situation. How could there possibly be any strength in a race ruled by women? The outraged Lunar monarch brought forth the Imperium Silver Crystal to make it known what beasts the Saiyans truly are. When they gaze upon the full moon, they are transformed into hideous giant monsters; destroying all in their path.
From this curse arose a terrible hatred between the two races, yet, of course, the Saiyans learned to use it as an advantage. Deliberately waiting for that moment to destroy more planets with their enormous size and power. Now finally our new King Vegeta has removed the need for the transformation. The beautiful shining silver sphere of the glittering sky is no more." A small call murmured through the pause.
"A sad story indeed, Sten." The old magician patted the bird's head lightly. Serenity had long since turned her gaze to the floor, taking in the loss of her home and friends. It hadn't occurred to her, for some reason, that it hadn't been the master plan to only take her and go, but it was the destroy the Lunar race as the topper.
The slow rhythm of applause echoed in the doorway of the small 'laboratory'.
"An entertaining story, Malachei. Very suspensful." A man of comparable build to the lavender haired enchanter she'd so closely been familiar with, leaned against the doorframe. His eyes, equally as blue but darker. His armor was mostly white, lying atop his tight black spandex. A simper adorning his lips.
"Ah, Captain Soten. What brings you to my humble abode? Help with some mysterious malady, or maybe you're here to learn about the fu-" The young captain cut him off as the older male picked up a vial.
"Spare me the song and dance, Malachei. I'm here for her." His head nodded in Serenity's direction. Her eyes wide and locked with his, he expanded his sly smile.
"Yes, well, I'm not sure she wants to go with you." Soten sent a beam of ki sizzling past the man's ear. "Have a nice trip, my dear." Malachei quickly added, bowing to her. Soten grabbed ahold of her arm, not too rough but with a definite force.
"Come with me, the prince awaits you." Leaving the old man whom she now considered a friend, the two began a long trek down the labyrinth of dark halls.
Coming to a halt abruptly, the captain opened a door and lightly forced her inside, closing the door behind her. The room was unlit save for the few torches along the wall. The distinct outline of electric lamps and the like were nearby. The room's inhabitant was certainly one who preferred the darkness.
"Hello again, my Moon Princess."
...................................
Soten sauntered down the remaining halls to his intended destination, which he had been on his way to before recieving orders to find the Lunar wench. It was definitely time for nurishment, as demanded by his stomach. The kitchen lounge was where he was bound.
Upon entering, he was stopped by a hand grasping his shoulder.
"So what was it like being reckless for once?" The deep resonance of his brother filled his ear.
"What are you talking about, Goten?" Jerking his shoulder out of said man's hold, he turned to face him. Goten smirked.
"I heard you killed the prison guard." It was indiscernible if he was reprimanding his brother or praising him. Soten, nevertheless, kept up his defense.
"What about it?"
"Nothing. It's just not like you to break the rules." Still a smirk played upon the shorter man's face. Soten turned his back on him.
"Believe me, he deserved it." His tone fell dark.
"I'm not judging you, but you're lucky to have a brother like me to back you up for such a thing." Soten waited for him to continue, not fully understanding nor looking in his direction. Obviously, Goten got the hint.
"Well, who's to say a gluttonous thief doesn't deserve to die? I'm sure Vegeta'd agree." Soten heard the man whom many would call a clone of himself, and vice versa, save for his sapphire eyes, leave the room. He could hear the smirk on his twin's face, and a smirk on his own visage followed.
............................................................. ........................................................................... ..................
What I just noticed is everybody smirks on these planets, lol. I suppose it's not a bad thing ;p
I hope nothing was too confusing :) And the ( ' ) over the "e" in Sesha and Hales wouldn't show up for some reason. Maybe the longest chapter I'll have..ahem, ah, who knows.
Please read and review! ^.^