Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Down to Earth ❯ New enemy discovered ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Down to Earth



Description: First off. THERE IS AN ORGINAL CHARACTER IN HIS STORY!!!!! Second: MORE THAN LIKELY SHE WILL NOT GET ROMATICLY INVOLVE WITH ANY CANON CHARACTER (unless there is a good response and then maybe)



Basically this is a fic that’s a cross between Dragonballz and Escaflowne, thanks to the original character. It takes place in the DBZ world, but the original character is a piece of both.



Now I know what you are thinking. “OMG MARY SUE, cannon character MURDER.” Friggen no. Please if you do choice to read this, read with an open mind. All the canon couples are here. The only thing I can guarantee that is fan-ish about this fic is the character herself.



‘After a reunion turned into search for Dr. Gero’s ex-partners’ in the Red Ribbon Army, the Z team discovers two things: Not all bad guys annoyance their plans of world dominance to the world, and a young lady in desperate need of their help.’




Warnings: There will be blood, gore, murder, and swear words to no limits. For this chapter it’s a PG-13 rating for mild cussing and implied nudity. If the rating or the fact there is an original character bugs you, go away now. I give you plenty of warnings and I don’t take too kindly to flamers and people who just want to argue.



I don’t own anything of DBZ world or Escaflowne world, but I do own the original characters, and I can get nasty.






Today was the day of the now semi-annual reunion of the Z warriors and their growing families. And for once, even Goku showed up, thanks to Chi-Chi practically handcuffing herself to her husband the day before. All had arrived to West City and settled in for a day of stories and dancing at Capsule Cope.



Among those present was the Son family. Goku, the head of the family, stood out due to his thick black hair that spiked in all directions, simply defining all laws of gravity. The tall man’s build was large and muscular, with said muscle cut like stone. His black eyes showed an easygoing nature. Leaving his normal orange and blue gi at home, today he sported a clean and pressed white long sleeve shirt, a very itchy tie, and overly pressed tan pants. He made a move to adjust his tie, and his hand was quickly smacked away by his wife Chi-chi. Chi-chi’s build was more slender than her husband’s was but she was much more muscular than most women, especially for her age. Chi-chi’s long black hair in her traditional bun, but a longer green dress today, with her normal bulky shoes offsetting the outfit.



Gohan, the oldest of the Son children was in similar discomfort as his father, his mother had over-pressed both his light blue long sleeve shirt and his tan pants, making the black, spiky-haired teen feel like moving quickly would cause the material to rip. The oldest boy was almost a match for his father in height and size, though the lack of training though the years had giving Goku the advantage in that area. He sighed in envy as his little brother Goten got off easy, the younger boy running around in his training gi, though it was freshly washed and partly pressed as well. The younger boy was almost a mini-me to his father, the gleeful face and eyes, the spiky hair, and the boy’s build was cut hard as well.


Goten quickly ran off past the Corps. Doors and run to his best friend Trunks Brief, and the two ran off to the table for snacks. “Chi-chi, please, it’s just our friends. They’ve seen us, they know us, why do we have to get all dressed-up?” whined Goku as he again made a move to at least loosen the tie and again was smacked down by his wife, but at least she took the tie into her own hands and loosened it for her husband. “I don’t care Goku, I’m going to have our family make a good impression on your bum friends, whether you like it or not.” She commanded before grabbing Goku by the arm and walking them both in, plastering her face with a huge smile as Bulma greeted them.



Gohan sighed and shoved his hands into his pants and waited, looking around for his close friend Videl. Most seemed to think that they were getting even closer these days, Gohan thought with a nervous chuckle and scratched under his chin. And with a loud shout said friend came running over, in a yellow tank top covered by a small blue jacket and a yellow skirt. The girl’s long, lean frame was that closer to Chi-Chi’s in build. Her sparkly black eyes shown with happiness as she ran to her friend. Videl’s short black hair was pulled back with to clips as he raced over and took Gohan’s arm. “I’m glad you guys made it this time, and thanks for inviting me,” whispered Videl before leaning up to give Gohan a small kiss to the cheek, causing the taller teen to blush like a beet and ducked his head down as he and Videl walked in, hoping Bulma won’t say anything.



Bulma Brief just smiled as Gohan and Videl walked in, deciding to be nice and not torment Gohan for the bright blush. The lean blue-haired woman strolled off behind the growing lovebirds, snickering quietly under her breath as Gohan keep shooting nervous looks at her. The woman just smiled at him and followed them, running a hand down her short black cocktail dress and flipped her ever-changing hair back over her ear. Today’s style was curly and bouncy. As the three went to meet up with the rest of the warriors, Bulma got sight of one of her droids, which was beeping at her franticly from down another hall. “Hey kiddo, tell everyone not to eat everything, I’ll be right back, so two LOVERBIRDS enjoy yourselves,” giggled Bulma as she ran off, leaving a blushing Videl and a stammering Gohan in her wake.



Gohan was mortified as they entered Capsule Corps HUGE indoor greenhouse, noting that the usual dinosaurs and other creatures had been moved elsewhere and everyone was here already. Gohan looked around and made the note that his mother and father were over by the buffet -table, although Chi-Chi was pulling at Goku not to get near till everyone else who didn’t consume his weight in food a day had a chance to get a plate full. Goten and Bulma’s sons were above the crowd, flying and chasing each other. Trunks grinned beneath his growing lavender hair, as he took off into front of Goten, feeling the breeze whip though his training outfit, which today was similar to his father’s. The nine-year-old had been in training with said dad until just a few minutes ago, the suit was soaked with sweat around the collar. The two boys soared up and circled each other around the huge tree in the center of the room. Gohan looked around again and took in some familiar faces.



Yamcha had his arm around the waist of his newest girlfriend, a seemingly ditzy wanna-be supermodel, who giggled at random times and played with her hair far too much. The scarred man’s black hair was still short from the last reunion but it was starting to creep passed his ears now. He and his date wore similar colored outfits, Yamcha in a stylish yet slightly revealing black suit, and his date in a short black tank top and ultra short mini skirt, that caused Tien, who was talking with the couple to tent pink and keep his eyes glued to Yamcha’s head. Tien’s ‘date’, so to speak was Lunch, her calm form at least. Lunch seemed to be happy and relaxed, and with Tien’s arm around her shoulders, she leaned into the tall, bald tri-cyclops. Tien’s normal clothes were gone in place of a simple dark blue suit, which radically contrasted Lunch’s bright pink spaghetti strapped shirt and blue jeans. Chiaotzu was standing behind Tien facing away from Yamcha and his date. The doll prince was talking and listening but at the angle he was…well he could see thing he was sure Yamcha’s date didn’t want to be seen.



Behind Yamcha was a lone old pervert know to all as Master Roshi who kept pretending to drop his staff so he could bend over to pick it up. The old master wore his usual clothes, though with his heavy turtle shell on his back today. Just as he dropped his staff again he received a hard knock to the head and was sent face first into the soft ground, which caused the two couples to look around at the strange sight. The beautiful blonde android 18 stood over the now semi-buried pervert, cuddling her drowsy daughter in her other arm. “That’s enough out of you old man, go try to see up the skirt of someone your own age,” snarled the tall beauty as he walked off to be with her husband, Krillin who just arrived with punch. 18 was slim and graceful, but looks were deceiving, the woman could easily kill nearly all beings of the planet with ease. The android and her daughter Maron sported matching dresses of light purple. Krillin reached up and took their daughter from his wife’s arms as she sipped down the punch. Krillin rocked his sleepy little girl in his arms grinning as the little girl turned her head into her father’s neck and sneezed because of his growing hair tickling her nose.”Aw there sweetheart, rest easy. Hey 18, I think it was a mistake letting her stay up and watch that cartoon, don’t you?” chuckled Krillin as Maron started to nod off again. Krillin was wearing his old white suit, though the hat had long since been ‘lost’ so to speak. 18 just looked off as Krillin asked about the cartoon, and caught sight of the two quieter members of the ‘team’.



Piccolo was currently levitating himself over the small stream that flowed though the greenhouse. The giant green man, wearing his normal purple gi, cape and turban, was trying to mediate though with the pleading for food from Goku, the cheering and screaming from the two brats flying above him, and the beating 18 was giving to Roshi, it was proving difficult. The namek flexed his multi-colored arms in annoyance, before lifting a sharp claw to his nose to scratch a small itch. Hearing his name from across the room, Piccolo opened an eye to see Gohan waving at him to come over. Smiling to himself at how the boy had finally gone back and began training again, no matter how moderate, the namek stepped onto solid ground and walked over, quickly getting his ear talked off by Gohan.



And last but surely not least of the warriors was a very displeased Vegeta, who had just exited the gravity training room and was expecting his common-law wife to be back by now. The woman and made him promise, though screaming and ranting, not to touch the food until everyone who was going to show up did. That flying cat and pig had other plans and so everyone else was friggen present except that blasted woman! Vegeta snarled to himself as he walked to the opposite side of the buffet table, scowling as Kakarotto continued to whine to his wife about how he would only take a little plate. Turning his attention away from the food, Vegeta pushed his towel over his face and though his hair, feeling is stand back up into its usual flame shape before throwing it back around his shoulders and leaning against a wall, knowing full well the woman would throw a fit to him wearing his sweats to a party, but wasn’t going to put up with it this time.



Just as the prince of sayians was about to blow his last fuse, Bulma came running into the room, arms full of papers, her face ashy and scared. “Everyone, get over here. I think something very bad is up!!” screamed the scientist as she pushed the papers out to a smaller table. Everyone noticed just how frantic Bulma seemed to be and quickly ran over, bumping into each other to look at what she seemed so nervous about.



“Alright, as you guys know, a lot of other companies come to Capsule Corp. asking for funding for this or that project. Alright about a year and a half ago, after Buu and everything, me and dad offered funding to a small company that SAID they would be working on medical things, like how to improve someone’s movement or maybe even find a way to help those who can’t walk or move. Dad and me thought it was noble, and all their records checked out, most were older, retired doctors, although some were ex-army doctors, and some were…”



“Get to the blasted point woman, before we die of old age,” shouted Vegeta from behind her, annoyed with this whole thing already, not seeing any danger.



“I will, Vegeta, so shut up. UHH you are such a jerk. All right anyway, so though the time we funded them, they showed promising work, at least until about four months ago, when all contact with them stopped. Nothing, a call, a fax, not even snail mail. I just thought they were going to wait and show off some huge great project. But my droids just went over everything they’ve sent, bill for supplies, and there has been a HUGE increase in electrical power, and they just started requesting…DNA modifications, mechanical to organic modifications, and bio-human modification equipment. And that’s not all, I looked though all these guys again, and ¾ of them used to work FOR DR.GERO AND THE RED RIBBON ARMY!!!”



Somewhere a glass shattered and the room got deathly still. “Wait, Dr. Gero… bio-human modification…Bulma do you think they are trying to build more Androids?” asked, of all people, 18, who leaned over the table and made a gesture to looking at the notes more closely. Bulma handed over the list before going on, “I’m not sure 18, but with all of this it sure seems like it. And to top it off, their lab is half a mile from Dr. Gero’s old one.”



The rest of the crew looked over Bulma’s notes or let the news sink in. “We have to check this out. If they have any of Dr. Gero’s notes, they might create something like a stronger Cell, or worse,” half-shouted Gohan, reliving the battle so long again, and definitely not wanting to go through that again. Nearly all of the warriors nodded quickly and made the move to leave. “Now hold it right there all of you. I know what this looks like, and even my gut is telling me something is wrong. But you guys are not going to rush into those mountains and start blasting away. We need to go over there and check it out, see if they are building something horrible before you blow things up. Now I’m going too, because if they aren’t I’ll be the one asking question of why they need these supplies. Alright, let’s get in the ship and get going.” shouted Bulma as she ran off to get her capsules.



“Hey Ashley, sweetheart, how about I call you tomorrow, alright?” spoke Yamcha to his date, giving her a kiss on her cheek when she pouted but she giggled and strolled out of the building. “Fat load of help I’d be, but I definitely don’t want to see another Cell.”



“We don’t need you, or even Bulma for that matter. Just give me the directions and that place will be gone without any trouble,” spoke Vegeta from his corner, not wanting to do all this crap when all that was needed so a good energy blast at the compound.



“Vegeta, don’t be like that. I think Bulma’s got a point. Maybe they really are pulling off some big surprise and the surprise is actually something good. We need to look before we hurt innocent people,” responded Goku as he finally got his tie off and loosened the top button of his shirt.



“Not to mention, Vegeta, that if there are more androids, we don’t know if they are activated yet or not. Nor do we know how strong or how many there are. If there are 10 androids 3 times as strong as Cell, you’ll be dead in under a minute,” commented Piccolo, not wanting to takes any risks.



“Alright, we’re all going. 18, maybe you should take Maron and head home. I don’t think we can find a babysitter in the next five minutes,” chimed in Krillen as he lost the outer jacket of his suit and put it on the table with Goku’s tie.



“What are you talking about Krillin? We’ve got a sitter,” spoke 18 as she walked over to Roshi, glaring down at the hermit. “If a single hair is out of place on my daughter’s head, I’ll do something far more unpleasant to you than slamming your face into the ground. You’ve got me old man?” asked 18 as she handed over Maron, the tiny girl snoring along.



“Wh...why… why yes ma’am, I understand,” said Roshi, quickly taking the sleeping girl to the side of the greenhouse.


“Chi-chi, I think you and Lunch best stay here with Roshi and Maron, alright?” asked his wife, kissing her on the cheek, as he got ready to set out on probably another deadly mission.



“Alright Goku…and I’m going to ASSUME, you two boys are going to go with your father aren’t you?” snarled Chi-Chi as, causing Gohan and Goten to freeze instantly. “Goku, you better make sure they both come back fine, or I’ll wring your neck,” said Chi-Chi with a huff as she stepped over to Roshi and took Maron from his arms, rocking the small girl.



“Chiaotzu, I think you’d better stay here too, alright?” asked Tien as he added his jacket to the growing pile and loosened his cuffs.



“Alright Tien, please be careful,” said Chiaotzu before walking over and sat on Lunch’s lap.



As the Z-warriors continued to remove what articles of clothes they could, Bulma came back. “Alright, I’ve got the ship, got directions and got everything else I need. If these guys are doing anything illegal that doesn’t involve androids; we’ll get evidence and get them arrest. Alright, everyone on the ship, let’s go and…”



“Hey Bulma…can we take the buffet table with us, please?” asked Goku, and his stomach which growled loudly. Everyone sighed and, after loading up the food into the ship, the warriors and Bulma took off.



The ship they took this time was large enough for all to sit in and a little extra room in the back, where the guys started loosening up. “So Bulma, they told you that they would be working on medical stuff right? Why do you think all this equipment is for maybe androids?” question Gohan, doing leg stenches and pulling at his arms.



“Well because all of the inventions they showed us had to do with something outside the body. Here,” said Bulma as he handed back a few notes to Gohan. “See, it’s an almost full body outfit. It was supposed to steady the walking of those who had a limp or disease that made them twitch.”



Gohan took the designs and quickly realized another use for the suit. “Oh my god, it’s a battle suit. Look, look at the hands of it,” Gohan quickly showed the dressing to the others, each giving they own look of surprise to see small red circles in the palms of the suits. “They have to have some of Dr. Gero’s notes, these look just like the things Android 19 and 20 had, the orbs that could suck the energy out of us. And from the looks of it, they’ve made improvements to just how they absorb it,” snarled Gohan as he flipped though more of the notes. “Look at all this. Sure in good hands these might help the world, but I can tell they’re weapons. Long range electrical field instead of electrical impulse to control nerves, increased strength and endurance, these are for battle use, not medical,” groaned Gohan as he laid his head on the back of the hanger wall. “Looks like we’ve got a fight on our hands, eh Dad?”


“Looks like it, Gohan. We at least have a rough idea what’s up. It looks like these guys fight themselves for the most part. So guys, remember, hand to hand for the most part, but do not let them grab you,” Goku spoke, everyone nodding. “Now Videl, I know you are a great fighter, but you need to be extra careful, so stay with Gohan, alright?” asked Goku and chuckle nervously and Videl glared at him.



“Alright guys we’re just about there. I’m going to land this thing about a mile away, so they hopefully won’t know we’re here yet. Then we’ll fly over and look around, no blowing things up, got it Vegeta? Trunks?” warned Bulma has she engaged the landing gears and they descended.



As the ship landed and everyone got out, Bulma pulled out all manner of devices from her bag. “Alright the lab is a mile straight north from here, we’d better walk, Dr. Gero knew you guys could fly, he probably come up with something to warn him of flying humanoids nearby,” said Bulma as she stuffed her bag with the ship’s capsule, her notes and devices, and started walking north. Everyone quickly followed.



“Hey Bulma you seem pretty bad about this. What’s up?” question Yamcha as he pushed a branch out of his way.


“Oh, I’m mad at myself for not keeping closer tabs on them. Not to mention these guys lied to my face. If they create some new Cell, it’ll be my fault,”



“No it won’t Bulma, you couldn’t have known what these guys would really be up to, If they are trying to make a new Cell, it’s their fault,” chimed in Goku, patting his long time friend on the shoulder.



Quickly enough, they started to see signs that there had been busy life, up until recently at least. The forest was thinning out and suddenly it was gone, replaced by high electoral, barbed wired fence. Small laser gun was also in place, spinning slowly around. Behind the fencing were several hundred feet of seemingly open land, and then the lab itself. While huge in size, it looked like it had been though a war zone, and looked almost abandoned, which made no sense.



“This is the right place but something is wrong...hey do any of you sense any life in there at all?” questioned Bulma, moving just to the edge of the tree line.



“I don’t feel…wait, wow, yeah there is someone in there. I think we can take whoever it is but…something doesn’t feel right,” said Krillin, pushing his hand though his hair.



“Yeah you’re right. It doesn’t feel…evil, I guess,” answered Piccolo, folding his arms and looking at the guns. “We’ll need to take those out quickly, but how? More than likely they’ll alert something if we use energy attacks,” the namek added.



“So it’s luck that I came along,” spoke Bulma with pride as she dropped her bag and searched though it, and come up with a device that looked like a mix between the Dragon radar and a walky-talky. “I’m betting these things works on a signal. So all I’ve got to dooo… is, dial in on the…frequency…got it!” shouted Bulma gleefully as the guns beeped loudly and pointed downward and didn’t move anymore. “Alright, now blast though the fence and least get in there.”



“Wait a minute, look,” said Tien pointed to the open yard after the fence. “After all these defenses, it isn’t logically that they’d leave all that ground unprotected. Bulma use that thing again, and try to see if anything is hidden.”



Bulma nodded and took out the device again and kept turning the knob until, with the sound of thunder, at least 300 land mines began to smoke under the ground from being deactivated. “Whoa…good call Tien. Alright for the most part it looks like the defenses are down but to be sure, I think we need to fly over the ground, just above the ground. Most likely none of the sensors are looking for things that flying inches off the ground right?” questioned Bulma, repacking the device and resting a hand on her son’s shoulder.



“Most likely, I mean from the looks of it, they probably don’t think anyone is going to come this way, it’s forest for the next 100 miles all around,” commented Videl as she hovered and picked up Bulma.



“Alright, everyone ready?” asked Goku as he charged up a small blast and sent it into the fence, blowing off the entire fence for 30 feet wide patch. Everyone levitated just slightly and began to fly toward the door.



“Alright, so let me get this straight. While it is OBVIOUS that these idiots are doing things that could end the world, we have blow up their fence and everything else, and yet we ARE STILL NOT GOING TO BLOW UP THE BUILDING AND BE DONE WITH IT?!” raged Vegeta, who was just annoyed with this whole idea.



“Because Vegeta, we sensed someone in there. Someone not bad,” spoke Yamcha as the finally reached the compound’s door. “And if that’s coming from Piccolo, that is saying something,” he added under his breath, tensing as Piccolo’s ear twitched and the namek growled.



“Alright guys enough, let’s see. It’s a punch number password…four numbers…hey, Videl, do you have your makeup on you?" questioned Bulma as she continued studying the punch pad.



“Yeah, I’ve got my blush and power, why?” asked Videl as she took her make up out of her purse.



“Hand me your blush, would you hun?” asked Bulma as she reached behind her and took the blush. Rubbing the brush into the powder she gently brushed all the numbers on the pad, noticing that only four had fingerprints. “Alright, I thought that would work, thanks hun. All right four numbers with plenty of combinations. You guys hang on and let me work.” Said Bulma as she flexed her hands and started pushing numbers at lightning speed.



“This is RIDICULUS. For the love of god, blow the damn door down and be done with it,” complained Vegeta again, pinching the bridge of his nose and leaning on the door itself, yelling as it sliding to the side and he fell into the hallway.



“No need, Vegeta. Alright, lets head in,” spoke Bulma with obvious pride and sarcasm in her voice as she stepped over Vegeta and made her way in, leaving the Sayian prince to snarl loudly on the floor.



As they made their way inside, they all began to notice that, while on the outside it appeared to be deserted, inside the building was humming with machines and everything. As the hallway lead on it branched in only two ways, one way seemed to lead to living quarters and the other…lead to a large door.



“This has got to be it…oh no, it’s a card key door…anyone got any ideas?” questioned Bulma as she looked though her bag, almost positive she didn’t have anything for these except to rip the thing open and rewire it.



“Yeah,” said Vegeta with a smirk as he raised his hand and his energy began to form into a ball. “I’ve got an idea alright!” and with that he sent the ball straight at the door, only to feel himself blasted back down to the floor with it. “What the hell was that?!’ raged Vegeta as he sprang to his feet and looked at the door, the thing wasn’t even dented.



Goku stepped forward and with a slightly bigger energy ball, set it off to blow the door open and was too blasted on his backside. “I think it’s like the opposite of the energy draining circles,” said Goku as he stood up and brushed himself off. “Instead of absorbing energy it pushes it away… maybe we can punch it open,” he added as he raised his hand and slammed it into the door, and just about as quickly feel to his knees, panting. “No…no good. If you try to blast it pushes it back, but if you try to hit it, it takes your energy. Man these guys are a lot worse than Dr. Gero.”



“Alright you guys step back I’ll get have to cut the wiring and then we’ll AHHHH” screamed Bulma as Videl slammed a piece of two-by four at the corner of the door. “You guys, try using this instead of just your special powers. It’s wood, the thing shouldn’t care,” said Videl as she handed the wood plank over to Gohan.



“Videl, where did you find this?” asked Gohan before flexing his muscles and slammed the wood into the door, denting the corner but splintering the plank



“Down the other hall, it looks like they are trying to add on that way. Maybe there is more stuff we can use,” said Videl as she took off again, and came back this time with a crowbar and handed it over again and stood back as Gohan put the tip of the crowbar along the edge of the door and pulling toward himself, and the door began to creep slowly away. Goku, now relaxed and at normal level grabbed the door and pushed it further back, finally opening it enough for them to get through. “Hey Gohan, better keep that thing with us, the door might close behind us,” Goku called back as he entered the new hallway first.



As everyone else followed behind Goku, it became clear that most of their work had been in machinery, several large battle suits, from the big and bulky for increased strength to slimmer ones for speed. Weapons donned all the walls, from laser guns to electrical nets, to things that were not at first glance distinguishable but looked just a sinister. As they neared the end of the hall, they came to one last door. There was another push pad and Bulma got to work again.



“This room…I feel someone in it…but something is wrong,” Yamcha turned his head to Goku.



“Yeah, man something is wrong with this whole thing. We just walked though almost this full compound and there isn’t anybody. We just passed though a huge amount of weapons, but this is the only place we feel a presence at all. Something is just off,” spoke Krillin as he flexed his hands.



“We’ll never know unless we look guys. Hopefully it’s nothing we all together can’t handle, right?” said Goku, flexing his own hands to prepare himself for more than likely the horror they were about to see.



A whish of the door let them in and they crossed into the room. The room was long, wide and everywhere was tubes and pipes and humming of machines. On the right of the room there were many oversized glass tubes, filled with a slightly blue liquid. On the left of the room appeared to be a huge supercomputer which had data running across the screen. The team continued forward but stop in their tracks before they got close to what was obviously the main reason for the room.



Everyone froze and was silent for a while, until Goku broke it with a very blunt and far too obvious statement. “I wonder why she’s naked,” before getting smacked on the cheek by Bulma.



There is the center of the room was another overly large glass tube, also with the blue-ish liquid. In this overly large test-tube, however, was a young woman. This young woman was obviously not human. She looked like better a mix of a human and oddly colored tiger. The girl appeared to be chained to the bottom of the tube and a mask covered her face. She was either asleep or unconscious, and just as Goku pointed out, naked.