Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball Infinity ❯ Chapter Fifteen: Heaven and Hell ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dragonball Infinity

Chapter Fifteen: Heaven and Hell

*-*-*

Kakarotto often looked back over at the energy signals that flailed and danced behind them, but Vegeta tried to ignore them as best he could. They had put a sour note in his stomach, and he didn't like to think about why they were there. According to the information given on the sector that they were in, the planet being made - Serial No. 091887 - used to be an asteroid field before they began the building process. That's what the information said.

Also, no other expeditions had come out this far into space before. The fact that these playing energy signals were there though suggested that this was not so. Expeditions were a serious business - yet these energy signals ...

They appeared not as if they were flying through the air, but running upon solid ground. Solid ground of a planet that was no longer there.

What's going on? The data says that there was never anyone here before, and that there was never a planet here before. But there's ghost things dancing on what might have been ground! He glanced up at Turles who was carrying the Saiyajin skeleton, And where did he come from? Something's just not right about all of this ... A skeleton from the time of the Legendary ...

Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker

The remaining five Saiyajin climbed into the ship, but not before Kakarotto spun around, and waved to the energy signals, "I hope you had fun with your babies!"

"... They can't hear you, Kakarotto."

"It was worth a try," she fairly chirped, and then jogged into the ship with a little smile taking over her lips.

With a sigh, Vegeta followed the Saiyajin girl inside, and shut the pedestrian doors of the vessel before continuing the chase of her shadow. She looked back at him, and beamed a smile so radiant at him, he felt something stop in shock in his ribcage. If she keeps smiling at me like that, I don't know what I'm going to do ... But I know I'll be doing it in private.

The two took after Turles, Paragus, and Brolli. The former was just laying the skeleton out on its back when they came in. He grimaced at the skeleton as he dusted himself off of invisible particles, and said, "Sorry about that ... just thought that it'd be best to do tests in the ship, and not inside a crumbling planetoid."

"Of course," Paragus murmured almost as if to himself, and then faced Vegeta and Kakarotto, "I take it, Vegeta-sama, that the young lady will be staying with us?"

"No," Kakarotto said just as Vegeta answered with, "Yes."

Her eyes widened in astonishment as she looked at him, "I can't stay here, Vegeta-kun. King Kai asked me to do something for him."

"That so? Well, your little King Kai is nothing compared to your Saiyajin king. I say you stay here. I shudder to think what kind of damage you'll do across the universe if I let you go out to do what you want."

Her lips pulled into a pout, "Vegeta, this is important. I'm not the one doing the damage; some other guy is, and King Kai wants me to stop him right away before he does anything else," she paused before she smiled a bit secretively. "I can take care of myself, Vegeta-kun. I've been doing it for years."

"That's besides the point! You don't know your way around, and it's easy to get lost in mostly uncharted territories like this one."

"But, Vegeta-kun," she started, "I can just search for your energy signal and use Instant Transmission to come back."

"Enough! You're staying, Kakarotto, and that's final!"

Kakarotto said nothing to him for a while as she took a glimpse at the other three watching - or perhaps she was looking at the skeleton laid out on the table - and then she smiled at him, "I just remembered something. So I guess I'll stay a bit longer. Is that okay with you?"

Snorting, Vegeta said, "Feh, likely excuse, Kakarotto. It's about time that you did something I told you to do."

She laughed, and walked over to the table with the Saiyajin skeleton on it, "Whatever you say."

"That's the whole point, Kakarotto!"

"Fine," she said smugly, reaching into her sash to pull something out of it, and settled it onto the armor piece just above the skeleton's chest, "I get it, Vegeta-kun. If you missed me that much, you just had to tell me."

"Rrg ... think what you like," his eyes flitted to the other males for a second to gauge their reactions to her declaration. Only one of them seemed to be paying them any mind, and that was Paragus. Brolli - as always - looked as if he was spacing out, and Turles was gaping at the skeleton ... or at what Kakarotto had placed on it.

"Ve ... Vegeta-sama," Turles finally said, making them all look at him - sans Brolli. He picked up whatever Kakarotto had put there, and showed it to him, "It's your family's medallion."

As his jaw dropped, Vegeta snatched the necklace from him to peer at it closer. For indeed, the pink stone in the center with the alternating blue and light green triangular stones shaped the spitting image of the medallion that his father used to always wear. Vegeta couldn't remember a time that he had not worn the elaborate piece. "This ... this is impossible," Vegeta said, his thumb tracing over the center stone - the one that was a smooth, light pink. Abruptly, he lifted his head, and grabbed Kakarotto's shoulder, "Where did you get this?"

"I found it in the cave thing. The Saiyajin dead guy dropped it, so I picked it up for him."

"He dropped it?" Turles asked, "He must have stolen it then."

Vegeta directed his attention toward him, "What makes you so sure of that? Are you sure that he's not one of my ancestors?"

"He cursed us, my King," Turles looked near to snarling what he had claimed. "It's his fault that our planet was destroyed. Vegeta-sei would still be here if not for his doing!"

The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

"What the hell are you babbling about?"

Turles pointed out to the marks that were etched onto the bones that he had showed Kakarotto before, "These. They tell all. And the one on his skull says that he cursed his own people. His people, Vegeta-sama! He killed the Saiyajin race with a few slices, and deigned for us to die! I gave you that book. You must have seen the prophecy. We're the eight!"

"...... One, two, three ..."

Vegeta groaned, "Kakarotto ... yes, there are only five here, but ..." he looked at the skeleton, "Come on, I'll show you."

*-*-*

Gokuu poked at the book Vegeta had given to her, "... What's it say?"

Sighing, he grumbled, "I always forget that you know nothing about us ..." Then he took it back, and read to her after sitting down in a chair - he had brought her back to his modest chambers - "'Those of the past will meet again in the future. These eight shall bring down hardship on themselves to the lesser good of their race.'"

"'Lesser good?' Doesn't it mean 'greater good?'"

"No," he frowned as he read over the line slower to see if he had misinterpreted it, "it's 'lesser good ...'"

"Oh ... so these people hurt themselves just to hurt the other Saiyajin?"

So it's on, and on, and on
Oh, it's on, and on, and on
It goes on, and on, and on
Heaven and Hell
I can tell, fool, fool!

"No, the one that cursed us just needed to take seven others that worsened either their fates or that of their Mirror Image's. According to this text, the one who cursed us is the seventh. He got rid of his hatred of the Saiyajin to make his Mirror Image."

Gokuu tilted her head to the side, "... Huh?"

He groaned, and then sighed, "... It was an old Saiyajin tradition. If you had the time to do it before you died, you could give a part of yourself up to make a new soul. Whatever parts you cast aside wouldn't be present in the new soul which would be born. It was like a way to make improvements of yourself. So ... let's say this man that cursed us is making his Mirror Image. He's a pretty mean, bad guy, right?"

She nodded, "Right."

"So as he's making his Mirror Image, all he gave up was hating his race - the Saiyajin. His Mirror Image is still the same mean, bad guy, but his Mirror Image will be completely enamored about being a Saiyajin. His Mirror Image won't hate the Saiyajin like the man that cursed us." When she nodded that she understood, Vegeta kept on with his explanation, "In order to initiate the curse, he had to find seven other people that had to do the same thing. They had to give up something that would either make them unhappy or their Mirror Images unhappy. Like the first. He gave up looking after his family, and the second gave up jealousy. And these people were commonly called 'the eight' by the Saiyajin populace. We're the eight, Kakarotto. What's left of the eight anyway."

"You know, he sounds kind of sad," she said, "not bad at all ..."

Vegeta's eyes narrowed, "What do you mean? If Turles is right, then this man is responsible for the death of our entire race! The death of your parents and of my own. He's a murderer!"

"... But so are you," Gokuu told him, and Vegeta froze, staring at her in confusion. "He hates Saiyajin, right? But in order to make sure his curse works, he's got to make his Mirror Image into something that will make him unhappy. So he makes it so that his Mirror Image loves the Saiyajin race instead. He's sad, Vegeta-kun ... So! If we're these eight people, which ones are we?"

"You certainly make me wonder, Kakarotto."

"What?" Gokuu was suddenly pulled toward him, held fast to his chest with his powerful arms. Yet she did not pull back away from him because she welcomed his touch, and let herself melt against his muscles and frame, allowing his hands to roam where they willed.

"The way you talk about him. You know next to nothing about him, but you've already linked him to me. He's a murderer ... I'm a murderer, but ..." he dug his fingers into her breasts then, and Son Gokuu began to breathe heavier, her body suddenly alighting with want for this man, "Why do you let a murderer touch you like this?"

When Vegeta's thumbs and forefingers concentrated on the tips of her breasts, she exhaled a soft cry, "I - I let you because I trust you, Vegeta." And I need it, her mind crooned in the recesses of her subconsciousness.

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on, and on; on, and on, and on ...

Sighing, he enfolded her closer - nearly crushing her, but Gokuu felt right at home, "Kakarotto, you shouldn't trust me ... ever."

She just smiled up at him, "If you are his Mirror Image, then I really don't think he's such a bad guy."

"You have a remarkable way of avoiding the issue, don't you?"

"You think so? I thought we were talking about the same thing here," she said, and turned around to straddle his lap, beginning to pull off his armor.

"What are you doing?" He asked when she got it over his head, and tossed it to the floor of his room.

"Getting rid of your clothes. Tell me more about this eight thing. Who do you think I am?"

"I have no idea," he murmured, his voice laced with amusement. "She must have been a very naughty girl though."

She paused in taking off his shirt, hands fisted in the cloth over his abs, "You mean I used to be a bad person?"

"Mmhm," he seemed to moan, and she felt her cheeks heat up when his black eyes met her own. Vegeta tickled her shoulders and down her arms with the very tips of his fingers, "A bad girl that got into a lot of trouble. I bet that you were a little third-class back then too." As she shivered while his hands rested on her lower back, he said to her, "I probably had to punish you for many infractions, Kakarotto. I was very likely a behemoth with my power compared to yours." She listened as his breath quickened, and she felt his member which was resting snuggly between her legs stir and harden, "I could have crushed you easily back then. It would have been so sweet to watch you writhe from exertion to match me."

Trying to hide her red face, Gokuu said softly, "I thought you were talking about punishing me."

"There are many ways in which to torture someone," he murmured against her lips. "Would you like me to demonstrate, Kakarotto?"

"Oh, Vegeta ..."

"Vegeta-sama!"

"Ah!" Startled by the sudden intrusion by Turles, Gokuu huddled into the prince's chest, panting lightly - both from passion and surprise.

"Um ..." the other male stared at the two for a moment before laughing nervously, "Ah, I see that you haven't finished the ... lesson."

In a deadpan voice, Vegeta said, "That's right. Now get out." After the door shut, Vegeta's fingers stroked through her hair, and she felt his nose nuzzle in too, taking a long inhalation of her scent, "You seem rather spooked, Kakarotto. Turles didn't scare you too much did he?"

"Vegeta ..." she whispered into his ear, laying her breasts flush against his chiseled chest, and she started to pull the shirt up. Gokuu grinned up at him, a fang poking out from under her lip, "Vegeta-sama ..."

"Nn ... Kakarotto ..."

*-*-*

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes, and steal your dreams

Red sky. Gokuu smiled softly at the thought that it must have been Vegeta-sei's sky.

"I never made you smile like that."

Jerking in shock, she turned around to see Vegeta's back, "Huh? What are you talking about? I smile at you all of the time."

"So you do, but never have you smiled at me like that before. Not because of me," Vegeta whispered. "I always seem to make you cry. Your smiles are because of other things - other people."

That power you have within would make you a great asset, so I want to make a deal with you.

Gokuu's eyes widened, and she looked around for the owner of the new voice, "Who's there?"

I don't make deals with murderers, a woman's voice claimed, but the male's voice laughed.

Nearly cringing as that ethereal conversation made her remember Vegeta's question before, she turned to him again, "What's going on?"

"Why won't you smile at me like that?"

"But I - I do smile at you, Vegeta! I smile all the time!"

He spung around to face her, and she then realized how strange his outfit looked. His roughly sewn pants of a light leather, and the armor that looked as if it had been made from a particularily large insect were things she had never seen before, "No. You look at me in fear. You look at me in passion and lust - in utter faith. But I can't make you smile."

"... Maybe not you, but I smile at my Vegeta."

Kakarotto, you've piqued my curiosity. Your power is beyond that of the usual women of this planet, and I need that power. Shall we do business now?

Swallowing nothing as the timing of those words, she looked about the red desert quickly before her eyes laid back on this strange looking Vegeta again. His skin was darker too - like the one in her other dream.

I may have piqued your curiosity ... but you haven't piqued mine - not yet.

... What is this? What is it telling me? Change ... but there's barely any change in what the man says!

Do tell me because I'm a bit at a loss. Are you accepting my offer of an alliance?

It's still the same! But why is he still the same? And ... he sounds like Vegeta ... So is the woman ...?

And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
you get to keep the gold that falls

I don't know.

Gokuu felt herself shudder. That was different though. The woman is becoming more and more unsure. What happens if she agrees with him?

"You've always agreed," someone said right into her ear.

Jumping away in surprise, Gokuu faced the newcomer, and her eyes widened, "Vegeta? But what-?" She looked over at where he had been, only to pale to see him still standing there. The new Vegeta was wearing more armor than the other. His armor fitted over his entire body like that of a knight's - sans a helmet - but it still seemed to be that insect armor appearance.

"You've always liked making deals with me, Kakarotto," the new Vegeta murmured, the smirk that was so common on the Vegeta she knew then showed up on this one's face. "Will you make another one with me?"

I, Vegeta, Prince of all Saiyajin, offer you the chance to stand beside me in this conquest. Think about it, you could have anything you want. Together we'd be unstoppable!

"No," she whispered.

It's Heaven and Hell, oh, no!
Fool, fool!
You've got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!

I've seen how you treat your partners; there's not much job security.

His eyes darkened - the ebony of his eyes suddenly a black hole sucking her in. "You will make the deal. You will give yourself to us once more."

"No! I won't! I won't give myself to you! I'm for my Vegeta!"

This Vegeta threw back his head, and laughed, looking exactly like the Vegeta she knew when he did that. "It's the same thing, Kakarotto! You give in to him, and you give in to us."

She felt her heart tear at seeing him look so similar - the voice and words not helping either - and so she didn't speak for a while, just gazing at the two of them before she backed away, "But you're not ... my Vegeta ..."

"We're him - through and through," the first Vegeta said.

"Remember? We're all murderers, Kakarotto. We've always been murderers. So since we're all the same, you're essentially giving in to all of us if you give in to one of us."

"... Why do I have to give in? Why do you need me?"

"Because" - she felt strong arms wrap around her from behind, Vegeta's husky voice in her ear - "we have no one else to be with in infinity."

"Ah!" Spinning around to face him, Gokuu took in the sight of the third Vegeta who was wearing an oddly familiar red-lacquered armor. "Wait ... you're the-!"

Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!

*-*-*

Black Sabbath! ... Raah! ... Yeah. This song belongs to ... Black Sabbath!

XP

I'm done now.

From FanFiction:

Rei20021: Damn straight you can't wait! You can't wait any longer because now it's out! No more waiting for you! Why am I shouting!? ... Oh, look, a squirrel.

Kohaku Hoshi (me, dorklet): You! You can't hide from me! I know who you are - even though you changed your name. You can't hide forever. Not with such a pitiful ensemble that you now bear, and ... what? Yes, yes, I do have some sanity left. That's the issue! I lurve you! (It's like love, but with a sickening lurch! What fun! Wow, I've been reading too much Jhonen Vasquez ...)

Ja mata!

*-*-*