Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Echoes Across Time ❯ part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I do not own DBZ that privilege belongs to Akira Toriyama it's owner and inventor.

:What a person is thinking:

::Mind to mind conversation; mental telepathy for those who want to get technical.::


Chapter 1

Morning light crept slowly across the mountains sweeping the shadows away as it went. Everything was still. Silent. No trees stood tall. No plants bearing flowers with their private blend of perfume remained. The birds, with their songs of challenge were gone. The scurrying animals were absent from the land.

One figure, curled into a very tight ball, lay as an offering to the open sky. A person traveling that way would have mistaken the little form for an odd, shaped rock. The little figure was so still, silent. Unmoving.

There was someone walking across the empty land. Usually, this person who stood proud with well developed muscles wore an open expression. His hair was wild, where no comb could handle those tangles. Now, the face was full of worry, wearing a hint of sorrow.

His feet barely touched the surface as he progressed unwaveringly towards a spot in the distance. He could feel the life force that should have been strong begin to sink low. If enough time passed, the little light would be extinguished before it ever had a chance to develop.

He neared his goal and stopped to look around. He winced upon viewing the damage to the surrounding area. Could this little one have done that much? He reached out to read the tell-tale signatures that every living creature produces. He read one signature that over-rode that of the little one.

:Someone wanted to get rid of this child's family. They took down the entire mountain to make sure. There is nothing left of that mountain. How did the child escape the fate that took the others?:

He glanced around trying to search out the child in question. His eyes skimmed over an odd rock formation. He narrowed his eyes then returned his sight back to that rock formation. He tried to read the little, huddled form. Zero.

:This is not good. The child has retreated so far inside. I need to get into contact if I am to find out what happened here.:

He strode over to the silent form that was so still, his hands shook with worry. He hoped that he was not too late.

He reached down and gently picked up the light form. He warmed up the cold body and focused his mind onto that of the child's.

::Teancha,:: he called to her mind-to-mind.

She was so deep inside herself that there was barely a spark of acknowledgment. He was relentless as be kept on calling until she was forced to respond.

::Go away,:: came the response.

::Teancha,:: he was gentle, but firm, ::you must wake up and open your eyes.::

::NO!:: was her forceful response.

::Teancha, open your eyes,:: he commanded at his firmest wincing at his own tone.

There was whimpered response and her eyes opened to focus on a stranger that resembled her father. She blinked rapidly.

" Papa?"

" No, Teancha, although I am a relative."

Suddenly, she sat up as memory returned. " Papa!" She cried out in great anguish. " Was it a dream?"

He shook his head, " No, they really are gone and this is not a bad dream."

Sobs began to wrack her small body and the ground around them began to shake. A little taken aback, the man looked down at the child. He could feel her life force energy begin to shoot up out of range.

:Can all that ki really becoming from her? Astounding. This must have been brought on by the trauma she experienced yesterday. I have never heard of this happening in someone so young. She is going to need training and there is no one currently available to mentor someone like her.: He sighed at the dilemma that was facing him.

:If only this was a hundred years in the past then something could have been done. It's not and this creates one big problem.: He sat there holding the child close while she cried her heart out.

:I could ask King Kai if he would train her. After all he did train me!:

Putting actions to words he put two fingers to his forehead. Both disappeared abruptly.


Chapter 2

Teancha opened her emerald eyes to spy a world of green. She let out a startled scream that did nothing to help the situation. Standing before her in black and yellow, resembling a giant bee was the oddest creature she had ever seen. The fat, squat, little creature with two antenna's sticking out of his head was eying her and the stranger.

" Why have you brought a mortal to my realm without bothering to ask for permission first?" He was demanding of her benefactor.

The stranger was wearing a haggard expression tinged with startlement.

" I couldn't think of anyone else to bring her to. She just lost her entire family to some unknown force."

The odd creature raised an eyebrow. " She is not among the departed."

" I know that. She is the survivor."

" There are rules that must be followed. I can not take on someone who has not departed from the mortal world."

The little girl hugged the stranger and tears began to form in her eyes.

" Does this mean no one wants me anymore?"

Both adults cleared their throats in a very uncomfortable way.

He pinned the kai down with his black eyes daring him to reject the child out of hand.

" You are going to owe me big time for this," the odd, little creature warned,

" I can not train the child since she is still apart of the mortal realm. She has not performed any feats that would raise her to hero status. I can sense her great potential which scares even me."

" Does this make me a bad person?" Her lower lip began to tremble and a few tears leaked from beneath her long lashes.

" No," both were quick to reassure her as the ground began to shudder and Bubbles, the monkey, let out a startled screech and ran away.

" What power level did you say she was?"

" I didn't," the other felt better now that his old mentor was taking the situation a little more seriously.

" I haven't felt that much concentration in power since--"

" Since I faced Buu."

" She has that much potential?" The little creature's eyes turned large and his mouth hung open.

" She displayed that much or more last night. That's what drew her to my attention. At first I thought it was a final strike but the signature wasn't right."

The ground began to tremble and the air around the girl in his arms began to form. He could feel the wind in his hair as it rose up.

" Teancha," he called her name out sharply breaking her concentration.

The ground stopped shaking and the wind abated.

King Kai was wearing a weak smile that looked a little sick. He excused himself and the stranger walking a little ways from the girl.

" Now do you understand my problem? Someone has to train her or else she could do some real damage."

The kai was silent a moment as he began to pace and think.

Finally he looked up with triumph in his eyes.

" I'll have to suppress her stronger talent until she gets some real training. Since I can not take her on as one of my pupils we'll send her to the past where you can train her."

" What?!"

" Yes, I'll send her to the point in time just after that nasty Buu incident. You were living in the mortal realm at that time."

" I was also training Buu's relative at the time as well."

King Kai drew himself up, " That is my solution to this situation. Take it or leave it."

Grumbling underneath his breath and knowing he had no choice in the matter he agreed to the bargain.

:Maybe I can sucker Vegita into training her.:

Thus ends the first part of the story. Write some reviews and tell me what you think. Next time stop off at Capsule Corp. HQ. Vegita is not having a very good day. What else can go wrong? There is a knock at the door....