Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Enter Sandman ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: This little story is based on the song Enter Sandman by Metallica.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. I don't want to own DBZ. I just want to fiddle around with the characters now and then.
 
 
 
The little boy sat huddled and trembling in the corner of the cold, dark cell. Only a tiny bit of light filtered in through the barred window from the corridor. He clutched a ratty old pillow, the only other object in the cell, tightly to his chest. His heart was racing so hard that he could feel it, hear it, thrumming in his ears.
 
It was about that time. Would he come again?
 
He just held in a whimper. He would not let on that he was afraid. He was the Prince of Saiyans! Father would look on at him in disgust if he could see him now.
 
Would he ever see his father again? His mother was gone, but he could still hear her voice in his mind. "Hush now; it will be all right, my son. No one is going to harm you. It was only a dream..." She was the only one who had cared for him, who had shown him any type of sympathy when he'd had a bad dream.
 
Now he was living one.
 
He could almost feel the evil presence. It wormed its way into his very being, permeating his young mind with fear, loathing and hatred. It was as if his new master was right behind him, breathing down his neck, just waiting for him to turn and-
 
He whipped around, only to see black lips silhouetted against the lower half of a pale face, illuminated by the meager light filtering into the cell.
 
It was enough.
 
The lips smiled maliciously. They were real.
 
May the gods have mercy, for he was here.
 
He screamed in pure terror as the monster lunged, cackling evilly at the boy's terror. He would teach this child a thing or two about reality, toughen him up, mold him into the heartless, bloodthirsty soldier who he wanted him to be.
 
There would be no pleasant dreams tonight.