Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Failures of Success ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
He puffed out his chest as he placed his hands on his hips. His lips pulled back into a toothy grin. He watched as the movers lugged his things around, carrying them to wherever He, Hercule Satan, ordered them to place them. Most of the items the movers carried around were just various statuettes and busts of Hercule. He is the World Champion after all; so he had to display all of his self-proclaimed success around the house.
“Isn’t this fantastic, Videl, sweetheart?” He said to the black pigtailed blue eyed teen next to him. “We get to live in our own big mansion and Daddy can buy you all those pretty dresses and--!” His grin turned into a frown at seeing his daughter yawning and just looking plain bored.

“Whatever, Dad.” Videl grumbled. The thirteen year old just crossed her arms and sulked. Ever since her dad defeated the creepy Cell person two years ago, her dad became famous and he’s gotten a swelled head over it. It annoyed her. His success at being the so called Hero of the Earth and being a However-Many-Times-He-Won-The-Martial Arts World Tournament Champion gave him a highly inflated ego. All of this success forced them to move from West City all the way to Orange Star City, which was now called Satan City after her dad.

“Aw, come on, honey, don’t be like that.” Hercule said in a whining tone. “Can’tcha be happy for your daddy?”
Videl just blinked at hearing her dad’s words. She raised an eyebrow at him. “Be happy? How can I be happy when you forced us to move so far away from Mom? It’s because of this stupid ego of yours that Mom left, Dad!” her spurt of anger even surprised her, but she didn’t care. Videl just didn’t like being so far away from her mother. Sure Hercule said they could fly back to West City to see her anytime she wanted but that wasn’t the same as actually being with her mother.

Hercule flinched at his daughter’s words. He knew he had just said the worst thing, but he didn’t know what else to say. He already failed his now ex-wife. He didn’t want to fail his daughter. Was this the price of his success?