Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Gohan ( Post Cell Games ) ❯ The search for dragonballs ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1 The search for dragonballs
 
The warm sun had risen up high into the sky indicating a new day for all the living things on planet Earth since the defeat of the “perfect” android , Cell a week before.
 
“Aaah………” a soft yawn is heard from a young boy of eleven years old who resides in a small cottage on the peaceful Mount Paozu . The boy has coal black hair and eyes . He wore a white singlet and a pair of black pants . From his physical appearance , he is way too muscular for a boy of his age . His name is Son Gohan , the son of the great Son Goku and the savior of Earth who defeated Dr. Gero's finest creation , Cell .
 
Gohan forced himself up from his bed and glanced through his room . His eyes “locked” on a single piece of photograph laying on his study table . The photograph showed Gohan wearing his torn beyond repair purple gi in his fighting stance . The young saiyan remembered that this photo was taken after he went home from the Cell Games by his grandpa , Ox-King as a remembrance before he left to town . Gohan giggled by himself when he realized how awkward and unstable he looked in his torn gi which exposed more than half of his torso . Thinking about the Cell Games , Gohan remembered his dad , Goku who was killed by Cell because of his arrogance . Gohan promised himself that he will train hard to protect his friends and family from any harm in the future .
 
Gohan searched through his cupboard and decided to put of his white Chinese shirt and a pair of black pants for the day .
 
“Well, I,m gonna train in the Room of Spirit of Time (ROSAT) today !” said Gohan to himself . He recalled that he asked Dende , the Guardian of Earth to reactivate the dragonballs for him to make a few adjustments about the rules of ROSAT . He had also acquired the dragon radar from Bulma a few days ago .
 
After brushing his teeth and taking a quick bath , Gohan walked down the stairs . He saw his mother , Chi Chi and greeted her politely .
 
“Good morning , mom!” greeted Gohan.
 
“Morning, honey ! The breakfast is ready by the dining table ,” replied Chi Chi with a cheerful tone . After having breakfast , Gohan mustered all his courage to ask his mom for permission to carry out his plan for the day .
 
“Umm… mom?” Gohan said with a shaky voice . .
 
“Yes , what is it , Gohan ?” asked Chi Chi. Her motherly instinct told her that her boy was demanding something from her .
 
“Umm….. Would you mind if I take a day off for today ?” the young saiyan asked his mom in return .
 
After a few moments of silence , Chi Chi finally gave in .
 
“All right , Gohan . But remember , if you go to train , make sure you don't rip , dirty or damage your clothes . And , since I have been pregnant for quite a while , I'm going to stay at Bulma's house for a week to receive constant medical check-ups . So , take good care of yourself during my absence , okay ? ”
 
“Sure thing ! Thanks a lot , mom !” said Gohan happily and returned to his room in order to get the items he needed . He brought along a backpack to keep the dragonballs and store the dragon radar . When everything was ready , Gohan left the house and started his “treasure hunt”. After searching for 43 minutes , Gohan had found six dragonballs with the help of the dragon radar .
 
“Okay, time to get for the last dragonball!” Gohan exclaimed excitedly . By following the signal given out from the dragon radar , Gohan ended up in front of a boxing gym . The 11- year-old boy noticed that it was quite crowded around the gym as a tournament was being held that day . The winner of the tournament would get 10,000 zenny .
 
“Well , this might be a good chance to earn some money for mum especially if I'm going to have a little brother or sister pretty soon, ” Gohan thought .Nevertheless , Gohan put away this thought as he was only looking for the dragonball .
 
“Let's go in ,” Gohan said to himself.
 
End of chapter 1