Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku's Daughter?! ❯ Spending the Rest of the Day ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's Daughter?!

Author's Note: Once again, I'm terribly sorry about not writing chapters for a while.

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN DBZ!!!

Chapter 9: Spending the Rest of the Day

"Hey Dad! Whatcha doin'?" Gohan yelled a she raced towards the waterfall where Goku was constantly struggling to not lose his small, vulnerable keepsakes.

"Oh, well, you know, the usual. Restraining two of my very young and feisty kids," Goku replied with a smirk on his face. Gohan also smiled. It was funny to watch your father try to hold back two little kids who are trying to explore the dense woods which grew in their backyard. Goku finally had to resort to holding them between his arms, where they both pounded their fists and feet in to his chest and back. Goku found this not too painful, yet very, very annoying.

"Okay you two. Either you stop hurting me, or we're going to go straight back home." Goku's words dug deep into them, and they both stayed quiet from that point on. Goku sighed in relief at the silence.

"Dad, I always knew that you had your way with words. Maybe not ALWAYS, but most of the time," Gohan said, scratching the back of his head. Goku grinned at his son. He was so proud of him, how he had grown, how he had changed from a child to a young man. Goku noticed that Gohan seemed more relaxed around him, dropping all his worries down. Goku was glad at that. He wouldn't want Gohan to be paranoid all the time.

"Gohan..." Goku began, letting Keri and Goten sit on his lap, "What's your dream for the future?" Gohan was a little shocked at the question at first, then caught on.

"Oh, I see what you're doing, Dad. You're trying to get some kind of secret out of me, aren't you? Well, Dad, there are no secrets to hide in this mind," Gohan lied, thinking that Goku was just trying to make a joke. Goku looked at Gohan sternly.

"No son, I'm dead serious about this," Goku said honestly, looking into Gohan's eyes for an answer. Gohan looked at the ground.

"M-m-my dreams?" Gohan stuttered, wondering how he could answer his question. "I-I guess I... We-Well I don't know! I'm only 13 Dad, did you expect to come back and find a grown man sitting on your doorstep? I don't know what I want from life, and I'm not about to make that decision!" Gohan scowled. Goku was sort of shocked, he didn't expect that Gohan would snap on him at all. He ran away from his spot, leaving the three other people of his family just sitting there, wondering what had happened.

8 hours later...............

"Oh Goku, I wish you could stay longer," Chi-Chi said on the verge of tears. Goku looked at her, concerned.

"It's okay Chi-Chi, you'll be fine, I'll be fine, we'll all be fine," Goku said, hugging his wife. She hugged him back fiercely. Goku looked at Gohan in the eyes. A tear slid down Gohan's cheek as he held the letter close to his chest. He hesitated as he pushed the letter into Goku's chest, saying under his breath, "Don't read it until you're in the other world." Goku nodded, and patted Gohan on the shoulder. Chi-Chi gripped the towel; she was holding it so hard that she felt it slide from her hand.

"Goodbye all," Goku said quietly, Keri and Goten looking at him vanish through in a purple light. What they didn't know is that he'd return a lot sooner then they'd ever suspect.

5 years later then they suspected.

************************************************************* ***********

Did you like it? Write a review to tell me!