Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku's Daughter?! ❯ Goku's Back Again! ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's Daughter?!

Author's Note: Once again, I have been slacking off in my writing. Sorry!!! (Oh, and by the way, Gohan taught Keri and Goten how to fly)

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN DBZ!!!

Chapter 16: Goku's Back Again!

The wishes were successful; one was for Goku's return, then one of the Nameks' choice, then one to send Keri and Gohan back to Earth. Keri found that the headband was quite snug on her forehead, and kept it on, even when she was taking a rest.

The Present...

Gohan watched as Keri rested on his lap, they both were tired from all the traveling they had done together. Now they were waiting for Goku, Gohan knew that he always came to the same spot when he came back to the living world.

"Gohan... Is that you?" A voice said from behind Gohan's back. He turned around, and jumped a little in surprise. Keri's head bounced twice, she mumbled something, and then went back to sleep.

"Dad, don't do that!" Gohan said, rubbing Keri's head a bit. Goku looked at her with wide eyes.

"She certainly has changed," Goku commented, inspecting Keri's face and build. Gohan sighed.

"Well, when you're gone for 5 years I'd think that you would too," Gohan said, smiling a little bit at his father. "You know what's weird, Dad?" Gohan said quietly, lifting Keri up to carry her home, "Keri still remembered you, and that's why she's here. I thought that maybe since she missed you, and I did too, and Goten really doesn't remember you, why not take her along to see her favorite dad?" Goku grinned.

"I guess that's a nicer way of putting it," he said as he walked with Gohan home. Gohan's expression changed all of a sudden.

"So... You really read my letter, huh?" He asked, waiting for Goku's reply. Goku smiled softly.

"Yes. And it did take me a while of reading it over and over again to realize that you're right, and that I had no right to cause you as much pain as I did," He replied apologetically, patting Gohan's shoulder.

"I really missed you when I read the letter, especially at the Love, Gohan part. That just tore me up from inside, you know?" Goku said thoughtfully, and Gohan hugged him while crying a little.

"I missed you too Dad, I missed you too," Gohan murmured, trying to hold back the rush of tears. Keri now felt squished under all the pressure, and awoke, ruining Gohan and Goku's perfect Kodak moment. Gohan looked down at Keri, who glared straight at him. He laughed nervously, pointing at Goku. Keri's eyes glowed.

"Daddy!" She yelled, jumping in his arms. Goku chuckled a bit, and hugged her back. Keri looked into his eyes, also thoughtful in her expressions.

"You look the same.... Yet more fatherly," Keri said as she inspected his face, just like the way Goku had to her. Goku noticed how her eyes now had even more of a deep green to them, sort of a pure Emerald color.

"And you look different," Goku countered, brushing away some of Keri's bangs.

"Do you like the dragon on my headband?" Keri asked, pointing in the red spot. Goku looked at it, but couldn't see the dragon, no matter how hard he looked.

"Where do YOU see a dragon?" Goku asked, confused as to what Keri was talking about.

"Ugh, right there inside the spot! You people are so blind! If you have impaired vision, get a pair of glasses!" Keri said, obviously annoyed with their not seeing the dragon. Goku and Gohan looked at each other and laughed.

*************************************************************** *************************

Later on, if you still read the story, you'll find out why no one sees the dragon. But for now, write a review to tell me if the story's good so far)