Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ If it's too good to be true, it probably is. ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Title: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
Author: Tsuki_Hime/Kadirva
Rating: G
Summary: A look into what seems like a normal day in Chi Chi's life. Is it really what it appears to be or is it too good to be true?
Disclaimer: I don’t own Dragon Ball Z. If I did I wouldn’t be poor and posting things here at MM.org XP No characters were hurt in the making of this ficlet.

“Look! It’s Son Chi-Chi!” A voice in the crowd cried out, pointing to a slender woman who had seemingly appeared from nowhere. “Son Chi-Chi, the woman who saved East City!”


Chi-Chi looked up and flushed slightly, “Uh… Hi!” She waved slightly, though her dark eyes showed that she obviously enjoyed being the focus of the crowd’s attention. “Chi-Chi will take care of the robber! Right?” One little girl asked, eyes wide as she stared up at her idol.

“You have my word.” Chi-Chi promised the little girl solemnly, chucking her nose softly before turning to walk away. “Just leave it to me folks.” She shot back over her shoulder as she ran inside the bank to stop the robbery that was in process. In no time she was back outside, leading the robbers out: bound and bruised for the police to arrest. “Justice has been served.” She informed the crowd, as they let out a wild cheer. Carefully, the dark haired woman slipped through the crowd and disappeared into the distance.

Picking up the bags of groceries she’d hidden when she’d first heard the alarm, she smiled happily and began walking again. It was time to go home to her family. She hefted one bag over her shoulder as she walked. What were they having for dinner? The miles melted away under her feet and she let out a happy sigh as she saw her house. “I’m home!” Chi-Chi called as she opened the door with one hand before shoving it open with her knee.

Goku looked up from the table and smiled. “Welcome home Chi-Chi!” He stood up and took the bags from her and placed them on the ground before enfolding his wife into a hug. “Gohan was just finishing up the last of his homework.” He informed her softly as he squeezed gently before letting her go.

“What do you want for dinner?“ Chi-Chi laughed happily and stood on tiptoe to brush a soft kiss against his cheek before she turned her attention back to the bags of groceries he’d dumped on the floor. “Whatever you feel like making is fine..” Chi-Chi answered before heading to spend some time with her son. Soon the smell of food cooking filled the house and both mother and son were waiting impatiently for dinner.

After dinner Gohan volunteered to do the dishes and Chi-Chi smiled, rubbing the top of his head fondly, “You’re such a good boy.” She praised her son before heading for bed, it had been a long day after all. Not long after, Goku joined her and she was soon cuddled into his strong arms before she drifted into a peaceful sleep. Tomorrow was another day.

~

There was a loud noise and Chi-Chi awoke from her dream with a start. Glancing around her worriedly with wide dark eyes, she visibly relaxed when she identified the noise as the growling of her husband’s stomach. Staring fondly at the pale blonde hair of his super sayain form, she shook her head and smiled softly to herself. It had been a nice dream anyway. She sighed and climbed out of bed slowly, breakfast needed to be made and it wasn’t going to cook itself after all.