Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ In Dreams ❯ Emergency ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Its been a long week so far. I have been working on this chapter, because I didn't feel like working on my second chapter of Conquering Fear. I should though. I only have two chapters left. It was started because of Zombieland, and I think it should finish with the release of Zombieland. Check it out if you are interested.
 
Also, I am still looking for a Beta reader. Anyone? Anyone?!
 
Thanks to the following:
 
Racy Nuceoli: Thank you. You can thank my girlfriend and her very strange dreams for the plot. I hope it does go far. I have a lot planned for this fanfic.
 
Pilipili: Thank you very much. I hope you update soon as well.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball, Akira Toriyama does. So please don't sue. I am a broke University student who can't afford anything better than Hannah Montana brand spaghetti.
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
 
 
Waking up with a start, Bulma cried out, grabbing her forehead as a sharp pain burned and throbbed throughout her head. She immediately tried to balance herself on the stool she was sitting on all afternoon in the lab. Failing to keep her balance, she fell to the floor with a crash. She barely even noticed the pain in her back from the harsh fall because the pain in her head was so much worse. She rolled over onto her stomach, and struggled to climb up to stand. She couldn't even get her stomach off the floor.
 
“Bulma dear, are you alright?” her mother's voice cried out from the other side of her lab door.
 
“Mom, help me!” Bulma screamed.
 
Her mother did not reply, but the door opened within seconds, moments after her mother punched in the security code. The door clicked and opened. Her mother hurried inside, and found her daughter on the floor crying and fighting to get up. Picking her daughter up, she brought the crying girl into her arms. She looked down at Bulma who was fiercely grabbing her head and crying.
 
“My head,” Bulma continued to cry. “It's on fire.”
 
“Stay calm,” her mother pleaded. “I'll call an ambulance, just stay calm.”
 
Her mother eased her daughter back onto the floor for a moment as she reached for the phone that was on her daughters work space. She dialled 911, and listened for the ring. Meanwhile; Bulma was now laying on the floor on her side, still holding her forehead. She felt as if she let go, her skull may crumble and her brain might explode. It hurt so much, and the pain didn't seem to be easing at all.
 
“Hello, I need an ambulance to 470 York Drive,” Bunny stated into the phone. She paused and nodded, leaning over to place a hand on her daughters shoulder. “Yes, we're the Brief's family. Its my daughter Bulma. She just toppled over and is complaining of a severe pain in her head.” There was another pause, “No, she's just recovering from major surgery. She's on pain killers.” Her mother pulled the phone away and looked down at her daughter. “You didn't drink anything did you?”
 
“NO!” Bulma screamed, enraged at the thought.
 
Her mother pulled the phone back. “No I don't think she did. She says she didn't, and she's a terrible liar.” Her mother listened again as the operator replied. “We are in the lab on the north side of the house, right by the kitchen.” Another few moments passed, and sirens could be heard in the distance outside. “Yes, I can hear them. I better greet them, the house is very large.”
 
Bunny placed the phone down next to her daughter, and left her with a few words. It was then that she hurried out the door to meet the ambulance. Bulma hardly noticed her mother's absence. She was still on the floor screaming, and holding her head on either side. Minutes had only passed, but for Bulma it had been hours. Hours of just waiting for someone to save her from her suffering. Hours of suffering that did not seem to end.
 
“She's in here,” she heard Bunny's distant voice. “Bulma dear, please hold on.”
 
Bulma couldn't take the time to enjoy her mother's words. She did notice when the two ambulance drivers picked her up and placed her on the gurney. They held onto her tightly, so she wouldn't fall off. The other tried to remove her hands from her forehead. When her hands were removed she let out a blood curdling scream. They did not let that stop them. They were professionals, probably well use to dealing with stuff like this on a daily basis. They continued until she was loaded up in the ambulance and on her way to the hospital. Her mother Bunny, never left her side during the ride, and her hand never left her daughters.
 
Once there, the doctor's tried to settle her, but to no avail. She ended up getting a heavy shot of a drug, which knocked her out quickly. When she did wake up, her head was no longer hurting, and she couldn't remember what had happened for a few minutes. When she sat up, she was greeted by her mother, who embraced her tightly in a death like grip.
 
“Oh my poor Bulma, are you alright now? Are you still in pain?”
 
Bulma weakly shook her head. “No, I think I'm alright.”
 
“The doctor's think you had a late allergic reaction to your painkillers.”
 
“A late allergic reaction?” That makes no sense!” Bulma replied. “I don't have my P.H.D in medicine yet, and I already know that doesn't make sense.”
 
“I'm sure it's just a side effect,” her mother assured. “In any case, you have to stay overnight for observation.”
 
Bulma moaned, annoyed and angry at hearing the very disappointing news. She just wanted to go home to bed. To her own bed. She just left the damn hospital, and now she was back, stuck there for another whole day! And it looked like the same room too! No, it couldn't have been. This was smaller, and it wasn't in the I.C.U. Too much traffic outside in the hall to be I.C.U. It none the less, bothered her to no end to know she was stuck here yet again.
 
“It's only for one night,” her mother explained.
 
“A night too many,” Bulma replied.
 
8 8 8
 
 
“H-hey, wake up!” a quiet, high pitched voice called. Bulma could hear the voice, but in her relaxed sleeping state she was drifting out of a very peaceful REM cycle. She moaned as she let her eyes slowly drift open. Her eyes opened, and then they closed. Then they opened again. Then they focused. Bulma jumped up in surprise, crying out as she found herself face to face with a young man in a nurse's outfit. He stared at her; a tiny smile was planted on his lips. Bulma took the time to stare at the nurse. He was short. Shorter than Goku's best friend, Krillin. And he was pale. Very pale, except for his cheeks that were a rosy red. “Stay calm,” he finally spoke.
 
“W-why did you wake me up?” she asked, taking a hand to rub the sleep out of her eyes.
 
“You seemed to be having a bad dream,” he replied. “So do you often have bad dreams? Ever thought about trying some anti-dream medication?”
 
Bulma could not believe what she had just heard. She turned to look up at the nurse with a closer glance. “Who are you?”
 
“Chiaotzu,” he replied, his tiny little smile was still present. Bulma stared, a little confused as to how she was supposed to react to this little nurse. He had come in to her room and woke her up because she appeared to be having a bad dream. That wasn't true. She was having a nice dream. She was in her family's garden, planting flower beds. It was pleasant, not a nightmare. Far from it. Now what had just happed has been in her category of nightmare. For her, a nightmare was if anything non-pleasant happened. Being interrupted while she slept, that was a nightmare. She was tired. She wanted to sleep. If she slept then she would wake up, and when she woke up, her friends would be there at the hospital. And when they showed up, she could go home. If she went home, she could continue on with the life she had before this mess all started up. She's be inventing things, and working away on top secret projects for her father's company.
 
Deciding to get her mind off those things, she decided to get back to sleep before she let herself stay awake any longer. She was tired, and she wanted some sleep now. She rolled over, and let her eyes close. She relaxed her body, and tried to ease herself back into a deep comfortable sleep. She was soon able to find herself in that deep sleep. She was back home, standing in her lab.
 
She glanced around, looking for any sign that this is a dream. Her eyes stopped on the large hanger, where there was a very large round ball, on a stand. Her lips formed into a smile. This was a dream, but it was a dream she hoped would become a reality very soon. It was her gravity room. An invention she was hoping to have completed in the weeks to come as soon as she was off her personal health leave. It was suppose to be used to simulate the gravity of different planets. Should supposed N.A.S.A could enjoy the invention for their astronauts training for when they did go to different planets. They would be able to grow use to different gravity levels so the pressure wouldn't crush them. She only had a tiny scale model build now, but in a few months time, she could have a fully operational one complete.
 
Excitement filled her, and she wanted to see what else this dream held for her. She left the room, and entered into her mother's large kitchen. Her mother was not present, so she knew this had to have been a dream for sure. Her mother rarely left the room while Bulma was home. She always needed to be prepared to make her dinner, just in case. Leaving the kitchen, and into the hall way, she headed up the stairs. After heading to the very end of her hallway, she found her bedroom door. She opened it, and entered. It looked the same as when she left it the morning before. Bulma grinned as she stepped forward and looked in the vanity table mirror. She spent a few minutes eyeing herself in the mirror, when something on her chest caught her eye. Her hands grabbed the pair, and looked them about a little, a smile growing on her lips. She has breasts in her dreams. The same breasts she had before she got sick. Releasing her hands from her cleavage she angled herself in the mirror, checking them out from different angle.
 
'This is a dream,' she thought. 'At least it's not a bad dream.' Even if this was a dream, she was glad that she was able to be herself even to a degree. She examined herself a little bit closer for a few moments, until something appeared in the mirror. Her eyes stopped on it, and she jumped, leaping from her vanity table. She whirled around to see the cloaked body. They were standing in her doorway, staring in her direction. She was panicked, and turned to run, but again she was frozen in place. She couldn't move an inch at all, and she could only keep her eyes on the stranger, and watch as they stepped toward her.
 
'No, no, no, no,' her mind screamed, her eyes watered as the stranger grasped her by the shoulders. She tried to fight her way free, but her body wouldn't react to her commands. It felt numb, and yet she could feel their lips as they crashed down on hers. And then the pain followed. The same pain she had felt the afternoon earlier. It started in her chest, and it rose up. The same vacuum sensation that was filling her forcing the pain in her body. And just as before she felt her body become weak, her eyes closed; then her eyes rolled into the back of her head, and she blacked out as she fainted.
 
Then her eyes opened, and she began screaming again; waking up with the same intense pain in her head. It didn't feel nearly as bad as last time, but it burned just the same. She held her forehead again, trying to sooth the throbbing. She began to cry. She felt useless. That was all she could think. She had the same dream, and now she was having the same pain. They were connected somehow.
 
“Its alright Miss Brief's, calm down,” a high pitched voice called. A small soft hand tested on her shoulder, forcing her attention. She was still crying, and muttering through the pain, but she still was able to look at the young man. It was the nurse, Chiaotzu. “It will be alright.”
 
“I-it hurts so much,” she sobbed, her hands still held her forehead. The short man smiled and reached up, placing his tiny hand on her forehead between where her own hands rested. She felt her entire body relax, and the pain subsided. Her hands fell from her forehead.
 
Chiaotzu smiled warmly at her. “That should help. Just remember Miss Brief's, you always have the power in your dreams.”
 
Bulma did not understand what the little nurse meant. It didn't make any sense to her. None at all, but she said nothing. Despite the pain being gone, her body still felt weak all over. She did not have enough energy to speak back. The nurse seemed to understand, and with a smile he waved and turned to leave. She watched as he disappeared from her view out the door. With a sigh she rolled over and stared at her window. It was there that her eyes focused, and it was there she stared for the rest of the night, never letting herself fall asleep again.
 
Early next morning Bulma let her attention be drawn from the window when two bodies entered the room. She turned and looked at her friends, who stood there smiling down at her.
 
“How you feeling?” Chi Chi questioned, resting a hand on Bulma's hand.
 
“Better, it doesn't hurt anymore,” Bulma answered. “I took the pain again, but it lasted only two minutes.”
 
“Do you think you should be going home?” Chi Chi questioned. “What did the doctor's say?”
 
“Nothing about last night, but they should know, the nurse was here,” Bulma explained. “Besides that, the doctors prescribed me new pain killers.”
 
Chi Chi frowned, “Well if they say so.” She turned to her fiancée and smiled. “I'll get her dressed; can you get the release papers?”
 
Goku smiled. “I'd be glad to.”
 
With that, he left the room, closing the door behind him. Chi Chi motioned for her friend to get dressed. Slowly Bulma rose from the hospital bed and eased herself into a standing position. From there she took off the itchy gown they had given her. She heard Chi Chi shift behind her, getting some clean clothes from a bag. Bulma turned to take the clothes from her friend. She thanked her, and dressed in silence.
 
 
8 8 8
 
 
A/N: I admit it was a kind of boring chapter. Next chapter is where we clean more about the demons. There will be enough that the identity of this dream figure will be figured out. I'm 100% sure everyone knows who it is. If you don't, you should probably look up the pairing. Just joking! Anyway. Maybe by next week I'll have the next chapter up! In the meantime, why don't you check out my mother fanfic, Conquering Fear. Its about Vegeta in his late teen years. It has zombies, and Saibamen. Together. And next chapter I'm working on, for that fic, there is going to be zombie Saibamen. I am too weird for words sometimes.