Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Majin Leeli's Story ❯ As The World Falls Down ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3 part b

As The World Falls Down

"I can't believe you kicked the fence."

Mameko glared at Ka from the corner of her eye. "It was a stupid fence and I didn't like it," she growled, leaning against a large boulder. "And that husband of hers… I didn't know someone would actually send out wimp vibes. He's more of weakling than the Goten in our dimension."

"But at least he has slightly better hair," Tsuko said from where she was sitting on top of the boulder.

"That does not make up for the fact he is a loser," Mameko growled, pounding her fist on the boulder. "And that house… ugh! How can she live like that with the wimp?"

"Maybe he's good in bed," Ka shrugged from where she sat on the ground next to Muzai. Mameko growled in annoyance in lieu of a response.

Koshi said nothing as she paced the cliff wall, her arms crossed across her chest and her eyes narrowed in thought. There was something… something about Goten that didn't feel right. She pursed her lips. Leeli's reaction to them was definitely not what she had been expecting. Koshi frowned. Leeli was ashamed, embarrassed about her involvement in the majin nation, and that was not acceptable.

"He's so damned…" Mameko gestured wildly with her hand looking for an appropriate term, "…pleasant and… not saiya-jin like!"

"He's no warrior," Kristel said, slipping something into her pocket, "I will concede that you are correct in that assessment."

"I'm not so sure about that," Koshi said, finally stopping and looking at her gathered warriors.

"What do you mean?" Mameko asked. "You saw the way he acted and his power was at the bare minimum for someone of his bloodline. Even the Goten in our dimension is more imposing."

"But has dorkier hair," Tsuko added, but was ignored.

"Yes," Koshi agreed with a nod, "but this Kull creature, the reason Leeli appeared in our dimension in the first place, Leela said that Goten defeated him single handedly…"

"Oh, I'm willing to bet he at least used both hands," Tsuko said, fully aware she wasn't going to be acknowledged.

"So, he has to at least be more powerful than Leeli was when we first met her," Koshi continued, "and she was not a weakling."

Mameko nodded slowly in agreement. "That's true… but… Leeli has become so much more powerful. I bet she could kick his ass around this planet now. Besides that, we don't know how much this Kull was worn down in battle before Goten," she virtually sneered the name, "defeated him. But all that's beside the point. The point is…"

"The point is," Koshi cut her off with a look, "that I do agree that it is not in Leeli's best interests to remain in her current surroundings. They'd never accept her for who she is if they found out about us." Koshi looked at the assembled majins. "I think it's time to remind her who her real friends are."

---

"So, Leeli," Trunks said, sitting down on the couch, "your friends are… oh, how to put this… scary bitches."

"You have no idea," Leeli mumbled under her breath.

"Why did you call that one woman 'Koshi-sama'?" Goten asked as he took a seat next to Trunks.

"Her name's Koshi," Leeli said, looking away and knowing full well that was not what Goten had been asking. "Why else would you say something like that?"

"Well," Goten said, trying to think of another way to phrase the question.

"I think he's wondering why you used 'sama'," Trunks translated, and Leeli cursed him silently. "I mean, the last time I heard that was with my father…"

"Exactly," Leeli said, her mind racing to come up with an explanation. She hated the idea of lying more or being misleading, but she could hear the children and somehow the story of how she killed people in another dimension did not seem like an appropriate bedtime story. "Vegeta was a prince, so Koshi is sort of a princess. So, it's just proper to call her by sama," Leeli explained, it wasn't exactly a lie.

"You don't call me 'sama'," Trunks said, almost pouting.

"No," Leeli agreed, "and I never will, Trunks."

"But why do they feel like Kull, Leeli?" Goten asked in distress as he held up a hand to prevent Trunks from interrupting with a comeback.

"I don't even know what you mean by that, honey," Leeli said, kneeling down in front of Goten and patting him gently on the knee to comfort him. That was a blatant lie, but Elijah was coming into the room carrying Kim.

"Mama, Dad!" Kim said cheerfully from Elijah's arms, apparently all rested up from her nap.

"She was going to bounce out of her crib if I didn't get her out," Elijah said as he set her down on the couch between Goten and Trunks.

"Hi! Uncie Tunk!" Kim said, bouncing on the couch and latching herself onto Trunks' arm. "Wanna play? Hmmm? Hmmm? Wanna? Ya wanna play? Hmmm? Do ya? Do ya?!"

Trunks blinked. "Yes, Kim. Let's play the 'sit still while the adults talk for a minute' game."

"Nooooo," Kim said, sticking out her lower lip, "I don't like that game. Wanna play something fun."

"Um, Elijah," Goten said, turning to the blond boy, "could you take Kim out and watch her for a bit so we can talk…"

"Mommy! Look at the birdy I caught!" Chris yelled, running in the house covered in mud and coming to a stop at Goten's feet to show what he had clutched in his hands. Opening them a chickadee flew out.

"Oh no," Goten moaned, "open the windows!"

Leeli gladly obliged, running over to open the windows the chickadee kept angling at. She was just glad the attention was off her so she could formulate a coherent train of thought and hopefully think of a non-damaging way to explain what was going on… without having to explain the majin thing.

After a few minutes of everyone running around to get the chickadee out of the house, in which time Chris managed to get muddy footprints on every single piece of furniture in the living room. Finally Leeli was able to catch the bird and usher it, unhurt, out the window. Chris ran out to follow the bird with Kim trailing after as fast as her little legs would carry her. Elijah let out a loud sigh and followed after them, mumbling that he'd keep an eye on them.

"And this is why light colored anything in this house is a bad idea," Trunks murmured to himself as he tried to find a clean place to sit down. Finally he just threw his legs over the side of the couch and contorted himself in a strangely comfortable looking position.

"Yeah, maybe we should get the place re-carpeted," Leeli agreed, looking around at the mess.

"Leeli," Goten said, from where he was standing. "My question…" he took a deep breath. "I didn't want to mention it, but," he looked her in the eyes, "you sort of feel like Kull too…"

Leeli felt all the color drain from her face and her heart jump into her throat. Of all the things… why did he have to notice that? And why now of all times? "I…" Leeli said opening her mouth, then shutting it again. She had no idea what to say. Goten was looking at her with those dark eyes she could never resist and Trunks' face was nearly white, apparently he'd just noticed as well.

With a moan Leeli closed her eyes and fell down on the loveseat behind her, pressing her hands against her face. She felt like she was going to cry. "I… let's just say… I wasn't the best of people in the other dimension…"

"What do you mean, Leeli?" Goten said softly, sitting down beside her.

"I… fell in with a bad crowd…" Leeli said.

"You like stole things?" Goten asked hesitantly.

"Something like that," Leeli said dismissively.

The room was silent for a moment. "Trunks," Goten finally said to break the silence. "Why don't you go check on the children? I think they were going into the woods and it can be dangerous in there…"

"Uh, sure," Trunks said, getting up and not mentioning the fact that even Kim was powerful enough to deal with almost any problem that came up.

As soon as Trunks left the room Goten looked at Leeli, who had turned away and was currently looking out one of the still open windows. "Leeli," Goten began again, "I know whatever it is… is difficult for you to talk about," Leeli smirked sardonically as he continued, "but I love you, and whatever it is we can work through it. So, please talk to me… I can't do anything if I don't know what's wrong, if you won't talk to me."

"There's nothing I want to talk about," Leeli snapped, turning back to Goten.

"But…"

"Goten! I can't do this right now," Leeli yelled angrily, then turned away again, crossing her arms over her chest.

The room went silent again. Neither one of them willing to speak. Finally Goten shook his head and stood up. "Well, I'm going to go out and… train or something. If you need me I'm sure you can find me. Have Trunks order dinner for the children." And with that he walked out of the room.

Leeli turned to watch him. She wanted to yell for him to come back and explain what was going on, but she couldn't. She heard the door shut and felt a slight flare of power as he left. She let out a groan and collapsed forward, pounding her fist on the coffee table and shattering the glass center.

"Mom?" a small voice asked and Leeli looked up to see Billy walking into the room.

Leeli let out a sigh. "What can I do for you, Billy?"

"Well," Billy looked shifty eyed at the window, " I was in my room and I saw some ladies come though a white light disc type thing… and you seemed to know them…"

"They were my friends from the other dimension," Leeli answered in a tired tone.

"Yeah, I guessed… but I was actually wondering why you have the same M thingy on your forehead that they do?" Billy said, cocking his head to the side in curiosity.

Leeli reached up and ran her fingers over the bandana she always wore and began to laugh.

[Yesterday]