Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Night Return ❯ Night Return ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Night Return
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Dragonball Z or any of its characters.
 
 
Pressing his face into crisp, white sheets, Goku regretted having changing them. The familiar lingering scent of his Prince was now washed away. Rolling onto his back, he stared up at the ceiling through the dark, wondering when the other male was going to come back.
 
He hated being left alone like this. Left in his empty house to sleep and eat alone. He closed his eyes to attempt to calm himself, picturing Vegeta in his mind's eyes. Though he was perfectly capable of existing on his own, he did feel the loneliness in the stretch of time between going to bed and actually drifting off to sleep. He was used to being accompanied by another warm body, like he had been through most of is lifetime.
 
They were very different in some ways and so similar in others. He was a sociable man; he liked to be around other people. Maybe occasionally go out fishing or something for peace and quiet, but he wouldn't mind someone tagging along. He liked feeling a warm body beside him as he slept, he liked feeling the dim flickering energies of other people around him, and he loved to feel Vegeta's own great spark of power that was so similar to his own.
 
That was faint now, far in the distance in a place he knew nothing about.
 
After all, Vegeta wanted to be alone. In strong contrast to himself, Vegeta would actively seek solitude from time to time. He was sure the other man enjoyed his company, but he knew his partner was inherently a loner, to put it bluntly. It wasn't in his nature to spend all his time around other people regardless of how much he liked them.
 
Whether this was a sign of Vegeta's stronger Saiyan nature showing up or not, Goku wasn't sure. Somehow he found it unlikely though; it was a personality trait he shared with some humans too. Some people just liked to have a lot of space to themselves.
 
Feeling uncomfortable, he turned onto his side, kicking at the sheets as they tangled around his feet. Sprawling out a bit more, he figured he might as well take advantage of the extra space in Vegeta's absence.
 
Despite the fact he didn't like being on his own, he knew this was the best option. If he stuck to Vegeta all the time, he knew the Prince would blow up somehow. As someone that relished his freedom and the feeling of being in control of his own life, Vegeta needed to take advantage of that liberty. Sometimes Goku wondered if it was to make up for the years he had spent cooped up on spaceships, and tied into missions and tasks under Frieza. After that, it was probably a great to just fly around exploring a whole planet without any sort of limitation. He'd danced around similar questions before, but never got far with the stubborn one word answers and grunts of irritation. The usual reaction when he tried to ask Vegeta about his past.
 
Rolling onto his belly, he folded his arms on the pillow, nestling his head in them as he settled into the bed sheets. Maybe Vegeta would come back tomorrow. His absences never usually took more than a few days (unless they truly clashed horns). He just said he'd be gone for a little while. Shivering in anticipation at the thought of Vegeta's return he pressed his face into his arms, feeling somehow silly for pining for him. He knew if he was here right now he'd probably be snapping at him to get his act together...
 
Soon the only sound in the room was Goku's soft breathing as he slipped into sleep, face pressed into the pillow. Unaware of the all too familiar energy signature rushing towards him.
 
Peering through the window plane into the darkened room, Vegeta smirked when he saw Goku laid out, face-down, right across their bed, the sheets tangled around his body. Fogging up the window as he leaned in for a closer look, he reached down to pull it up. Wincing at each tiny creaking sound, he slid it up and slipped into the room. They'd never bothered to protect their house from burglars- after all, no human would be able to get past on them both- so he could sneak in through the window whenever he wished. Perfect for passing under Goku's radar.
 
Creeping over to the bed, Vegeta toed off his boots and slipped out of his training-tattered suit. Standing next the bed, he watched Goku sleep for several minutes before lifting up the corner with care. Pleased by his lack of pyjamas, or any kind of underwear for that matter, Vegeta slipped in, picking his way over the sprawled, slumbering Saiyan and lying down at his side. Staying still, he waited for any reaction, sighing in relief when Goku didn't stir.
 
He could easily wake him up, and Vegeta knew that Goku's would not mind at all if he did. But the prospect of surprising him when he woke up was all too tempting.
 
Edging closer, he could already smell the other Saiyan, the familiar scent enveloping him. Lying up against Goku, he reached around, grinning into the sheets as he placed his hand on his ass, fingers brushing over pale skin appreciatively. Pausing for a second as he waited for an indication of the other male waking up, Vegeta carefully lifted his arm off the bed, slipping under it as he decided that Goku was currently dead to the world.
 
He wriggled up the bed until his face was level with Goku's. It was a bit surprising that he hadn't be caught out by now; maybe Goku was so used to his presence now it just didn't set off any sort of alert. Looking over the relaxed face of the other man, it seemed to be the case. There wasn't a single indication of disturbance, just messy black bangs hanging over a smooth forehead and a soft whisper of sound from his breathing.
 
Waking up to the feeling of a hand squeezing his ass was probably a first for Goku.
 
Jerking himself up onto one elbow, he turned to a familiar sleeping face, a wide grin spreading over his own.
 
Whining a little as the warmth beside him moved away, Vegeta shut his eyes tighter and tried to edge back in, only to get pushed back by a strong pair of hands tackling him into the mattress. Eyes snapping open at the shock, he was confronted with Goku's broadly grinning face.
 
“Kakarotto! What the hell are you doing?!” Wriggling a bit against the sheets, Vegeta shifted back as he was released. “Can't you even let me sleep?”
 
Not caring about the angry outburst, Goku settled down next to him, leaning in to rest his chin on Vegeta shoulder. “Well, I wanted to welcome you back.”
 
Giving him a soft grunt of acknowledgement, he lifted his arm out of the way to let the other man embrace him, tilting his head up to look at the ceiling.
 
Bring his hand back up, he threaded his fingers in the rear spikes of Goku's hair and petted awkwardly; he still wasn't quite used to the affections of the other male, and it was taking him a bit of time to feel comfortable reciprocating.
 
Feeling a rough tug on his hair, Goku pulled back from Vegeta's shoulder, frowning a little.
 
“Don't-” Cut short by Vegeta's kiss, he didn't get a chance to complain to the prince, jerking a bit as sharp teeth grazed over his lip a little more closely than was comfortable.
 
Maybe he wished the prince was more gentle with his actions, but the rougher play was a part of Vegeta that attracted him in the first place. He could be more careful when he tried, but he usually didn't. Besides, a rough prince was more exciting.
 
Gasping as teeth tugged on his lip, Goku pulled away from the kiss, his own eyes narrowing as their gazes met. A few seconds silence hung over them, the tension between them both growing before Vegeta lunged forward to push Goku against the bed, mouth attacking his neck with a flurry of nips and kisses. Arching his chest up into the touches of Vegeta's bare hands, he soon grew impatient and grabbed his wrists, yanking him down so their bodies were pressed tight together, both feeling the heat of the other. Lifting his shoulders off the bed, Goku leant up to flick his tongue over Vegeta's earlobe. Spurred on by tremor running through the body on top of him, he bit down.
 
Forceful hands shoved his shoulders back down onto the bed and his own earlobe was bitten in retaliation. As he looked up, a low growl was emitted from above him, the vibration passing through his own chest.
 
Definitely more exciting.