Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Paint it Black ❯ Remember All ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own DragonBall Z or any of the characters from the show. I do, however, own this fic (though not the title; it belongs to Yuki KIKI. Thanks for letting me use it, btw) and all original characters. I also don't own Khune, who will make an appearance. She belongs to the wonderful ErieDragon, the most awesomest writer and friend. And you know it! HA!

A/N: I first started this a long time ago, but lost interest as I usually do and took it down. However, I think I've discovered why I keep losing interest in all my stories; it's because I know where I want to go, I just don't know how to get there. My outlines aren't detailed enough. So I've done a detailed outline of all my chapters and have made sure everything works. Now all I have to do is type everything up. Hopefully this will be one fic that I complete. Enjoy!

Prologue: Remember All

It was rare that I walked the palace halls alone, and I wasn't sure if I enjoyed the solitude or not. Part of me was glad that I wasn't surrounded by disapproving and expectant stares from people constantly breathing down my neck, but another part seemed to feel as though I wasn't important enough to be swarmed by these people.

It was then that it occurred to me that only I occupied the halls. This struck me as quite odd. The corridors were usually filled with people bustling about their business. Though the majority of those who filled the halls were Saiya-jin, visiting species could always be seen, and it was interesting to guess on what planet they resided. I was wrong most of the time.

The palace was eerily silent, and it sent involuntary shivers up my spine. I sighed, ignoring the quiet.

As I passed the training facilities, I was glad to see that the large building wasn't entirely deserted. Many Saiya-jin were working out, punching the air ferociously. Each and every one was a third class fighter, and I frowned in confusion. The third class warriors were said to have no potential, so they weren't scheduled for the training facilities until much later in the day. Why were they all there now? Where were the second and first class fighters?

I could feel myself start to panic. I pushed it away with annoyance. If Father ever found out I was panicking because the third class warriors were training in another ranks' time slot, he would look down upon me in complete disgrace.

An explosion made me jump. I could see no sign of damage, except for the smoke that was pouring around the corner and into the hall. I rushed towards it, thinking not of the consequences. I rushed into the thick cloud and had to stop. I couldn't see a thing, and the airy substance was burning my eyes. I coughed and took a couple staggering steps back. No, I told myself. I will not allow myself to be forced away by a little smoke. I pushed on, feeling my way around, and blinking away the tears my eyes had formed due to the irritation the smoke had caused.

I heard a shout, one that was followed by a crazed laugh, and it made my skin crawl. The cackle had been evil, maniacal, and I had no doubt that the owner of the sound had caused the explosion. I heard more shouts and a couple minor explosions.

"Face it, monkeys," a voice said, "you cannot defeat Frieza."

Frieza... It was the name that everyone feared deep in their hearts, but a terror none had a desire to admit to. I shuddered, swallowing hard and trying to shrink against the wall. I no longer cared what my father would think of me; I did not want to face that monster.

"We'll see." This voice belonged to my father.

"Yes," Frieza said with a chuckle, "we shall see."

I was suddenly grabbed around the waist and lifted into the air. I let out a shout of surprise, before snarling and firing a Ki blast at the constraining appendage. Though it was a direct hit, the owner didn't seem to notice. The smoke was already clearing, though my eyes still stung, and I squeezed them shut, trying to relieve them of the pain.

"There is only one treaty I will sign," I heard Frieza declare and with horror, I realized that it was he would held me in the air. I turned, peering through the smoke, and saw that he had his tail wrapped around me, his arms crossed as he faced the conference room. Turning, I saw my father standing there, his eye twitching, and all the second and first class warriors behind him. That, at least, explained why the lowly ranked fighters were training.

I saw my father frown. "What do you propose?"

"Join my ranks, Saiya-jin, and you may have your son back. Fail to do so, and he stays with me." My eyes widened in disbelief. He couldn't do that! I was the prince! My father would never let this disgusting creature take me away. But to my complete shock, he didn't answer right away. He appeared to be contemplating his choices, and it truly scared me. Was he so disappointed with me he would rather let Frieza have me?

Frieza smirked. "I will give you one week to decide. Please notify me by then." He turned, still holding me, and walked off. I turned my neck, straining to look behind me. My father looked helpless, as did all those behind me. Nappa appeared to be almost devastated, though why, I didn't know.

As Frieza proceeded down the hall, I heard my father shout, "Remember, Vegeta! Remember it all!"

And I made a silent vow that I would. So help me, I would.

***

Sosenu-sei was a boring place. All the people seemed to speak of were their anscestors. How good they were, how special, and how they should never be forgotten. If you ask me, they'll definitely be forgotten after a while. After all, no one's around to remember them! Aside from myself, the planet was deserted. Another mission complete.

I sat on a rock eating before I returned to Cold-sei. It wasn't a very good meal; some left over nuts and some cooked Sosenus, which tasted like burnt rubber, in my opinion. I was startled when my scouter blipped and a transmission came through.

"Prince Vegeta?" The transmission was poor, but the voice was understandable, albeit crackling and fuzzy. After a grunt from me, they continued. "Prince Vegeta, your planet has been destroyed my a meteor. Lord Frieza sends his deepest regrets."

***

A/N: Short, but I got where I wanted to (story outlines ROCK!! O.o). Hope y'all enjoyed it... I want reviews here, people! Review!! ^.^ Thank-you. Chapter 1: Mother of Mine will be out shortly.

~Keruri