Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Panic Disorder ❯ Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Come evening, Buruma had done all the tests she could think of, and the two specialists that had come in had confirmed that Goku's heart was free from the previous infection and from damage that would have been sustained from an attack. He seemed to be resting uncomfortably, now, coiled up on one side with his tail between his legs. To keep him under while she attached an IV line and took blood samples, Buruma had left him on a dialed down mix of gas and oxygen; now she cut the line to the analgesic and left the oxygen running to help purge his system of the other gas.

Chichi was sleeping in the corner of the room, propped up in her chair. She'd hopped in the car with Goten the second she'd heard there was trouble, and had been over in two hours, no doubt breaking land speed records along the way. Leaving the boys together upstairs, she'd barreled onwards into the medical bay demanding to know what was wrong with her husband – whilst ignoring his physical presence. Buruma didn't quite know what to make of that – Chichi had stuck by Goku's side the entire time he'd been unconscious the first time he was sick, refusing to leave him or relinquish his hand. Then again, a medication and a reason had already been identified at that time; now nothing was certain. Chichi had worn herself out ranting, raving and getting in the doctors' way, and had then gone to sulk in the corner while she waited – for which Buruma was profoundly grateful.

Buruma sat by Goku's side and watched him sleep, wondering where her research might take her the next day. Bejita sauntered into the room; she was instantly aware of him. “Bejita ... have you noticed anything odd about Goku recently? Any illnesses or behaviors that you felt were out of place?” Bejita looked at her for a long moment. “Gut cramps.”
“What?” “That's what he's been suffering from. That's what he says, anyway.” Bejita wrinkled his nose as though in disbelief. “Hmmm. It does suggest that whatever he's suffering from is a long-standing issue, that this is not an acute onset. The location of the pain Goku experienced today may not be pointing us in the right direction – it could easily be referred pain. I need more data. I'll have to wait until I can ask Goku about these problems; Chichi's no bloody use.” Bejita smirked at this; Buruma grinned right back. She lifted her eyebrows wryly. “We all have our faults ... “ “Speak for yourself,” he shot back. She ignored him. “Anyway, you might as well go to bed without me. I'm going to be worrying this over in my head for a while yet.” Bejita 'hmmm'ed and nodded, then strode out of the room, leaving Buruma to her ruminations.