Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love Series ❯ Royal Nuisances ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is my first DBZ fic i've ever writen, but not the fisrt I posted (though it is the firts for this site!) This one is more of a series and didn't start off with this one as the first one. There are two parts. This one is called the Puppy Love Series because it's around the time when they were younger. The sequeling series, The Soul Mate Series, deals with when they are older and have more Adult wants in a relationship. I will rate each chapter accordingly and it this series could get as high as a R, but most likely say in the PG-PG13 range. I will change the rating on the description as I see fit.

I had to fight with my time line on this. To give you an Idea, I've decided Trunks is going to be born late December (31st maybe) putting him as a 5 month old during the Androids and Cell. I have interpreted that Goten was conceived the sometime before the Cell games (Not to much because In this Fic Goku isn't going to know she was pregnant when he died) putting him as a late February baby (February 29th none the less). so in this part Trunks is 20 months old and Goten is 6 months old putting it in Late Aug, early Sept..

THANK YOU MUTT!! Mutt betaed the first draft of this but I was too impatient to wait for the second draft to be betaed as well so I went ahead and posted it. Sorry.

Puppy Love Series: The Prologue - Royal Nuisances

PG

By Slytherinette

Vegeta was not a happy Saiyan. First off, his day had started out bad - Bulma had attempted to cook. As usual, she had failed miserably, but he was used to it so he just scowled and suffered. Then the woman that he had chosen to be his life mate had said the second most dreaded thing she could have said. (The first being, "Vegeta, I'm leaving you for Goku. He's back and stronger than you are, as always. He's also gained immortality and is ten times better than you in bed. He's raising Trunks as his and I'm taking the gravity room with me. You'll have to cook for yourself from now on.")

"Vegeta, you fried the gravity room's circuits again so you can't use it today," She announced, interrupting him as he tried to decipher just what the hell he was eating

He snorted. "Well, if you would just build a decent machine then you wouldn't have to worry about spending all day working on it, now would you?"

She matched his snort. "Oh, no. I can't fix it today; I'm taking Trunks to see the new baby. He's 6 months old and I still haven't seen him," her voice taking on a slight whine, "So you'll just have to deal with it." She paused, then added "And cook for yourself."

Vegeta could only stare at her in horror.

She couldn't have stopped the laugh if she'd tried. "Oh, come on! You can fend for yourself for one night!"

He growled slightly, "The GR I can handle, seeing as it breaks all the time, and cooking for myself is probably safer than your cooking anyway." He paused to shovel a fork full of -whatever it was- into his mouth.

Bulma took this time to mentally count: He had insulted her, her GR, and her cooking. Now that that was out of the way she could only count down the seconds until he insulted the late Goku.

"But," ah, here it was, "I will NOT allow my son to go near that boy. I know what you and that Harpy are going to do! I heard you two on the phone and you will not raise them as... as..."

"Friends?" she offered.

"YES! He has the blood of the royal family Vegeta in him and I will not allow you to put a prince of the remaining Saiyans in a position that will... will..."

"Give him the Kakarott disease?" she teased.

"YES!" He roared.

Bulma didn't even blink. "Oh well." She said as she shrugged and lapsed into silence.

Vegeta blinked. Did he just win the argument? No... he couldn't have. He had never won an argument with her - she always found a way to weasel her way into getting what she wanted. That was what made her so powerful on this planet.

Truthfully that was one quality Vegeta found absolutely irresistible about her.

"So," he tested, "You won't take him?"

"No," she said simply.

"No?" He narrowed his eyes at her and growled softly. No you won't take him or no to my question?"

"No, you don't have a say in this, no." She stood up and took her plate to the sink. "Remember? You said the only reason you were 'hanging around, looking like a father' and letting him call you 'Papa' is so that you can train him." She turned back to him, her voice stone cold, "I raise him and you train him. That was what you wanted, right?"

Vegeta clinched his jaw causing Bulma's demeanor to visibly soften.

"Look," She said walking back over to him, "Why don't you come with us. Maybe you can spar with Gohan."

Now, that wasn't such a bad idea. And that Harpy was a much better cook...

"Fine."

Bulma looked like someone had hit her with a shoe. She blinked her blue eyes several times before she finally realized what he meant. She was sure he would say no... but... oh well.

"Okay, We'll leave about 3 o'clock," she said smiling brightly.

Vegeta rolled his eyes and looked back at his plate. "The eggs are too runny," he decalared before returning to his unfinished meal. He was starting to think he was going to regret this.

Bulma huffed and put her hand on her hips resentfully, "They're not egg. They're pancakes"

He frowned and decided he wasn't quite as hungry as he thought. Oh yes, he was regretting it already .

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

So far he hadn't regretted it but he had only been standing in the Son home for a total of 30 seconds. So far all that had happened was Gohan asking to play with Trunks, Chi-Chi and Bulma warmly greeting each other, and Vegeta being pointedly ignored by the Son woman (not that he minded, after all he was only here to fight and eat.) Oh, no. So far nothing regrettable had happened but Vegeta knew it was only a matter of time.

"Oh, Bulma! I'm so glad you could come!"

"Oh, me too," Bulma said smiling happily, "I've been meaning to come since he was born but ever since Dad handed Capsule Corporation over to me, it's been a mess. Between that, Trunks and Vegeta I wasn't sure when I was going to make it."

"Well, I'm so glad you did!" Chichi clapped her hands together and looked at Trunks. "Wow. He's grown up so fast!"

"Oh, yes," Bulma replied, "And walking all over the place and throwing things threw the wall." Chichi looked at her with wide eyes. "I'll explain it later, now where is Goten?"

"Oh, of course! Why don't you go into the living room and I'll go get him," Chi-Chi said ushering them (or Bulma, seeing as Vegeta was being ignored) into said room.

"Vegeta," Bulma warned when Chi-Chi was out of earshot, "be nice! Don't insult Chi-Chi, Gohan, or Goku… or Goten," she added, "or I will make sure you have to eat my cooking for the rest of your life and I'll never get the GR fixed!"

Vegeta merely replied with a grunt.

"Good," she said Bluntly and looked over to where her son and Gohan were playing blissfully with a set of colorful plastic keys. Gohan was telling Trunks what keys did as the 20 month old watched carefully, occasionally asking "whuzat" Much to Vegeta's dislike, his son tended to ask a lot of questions (mostly "whuzat," "when," and "how") for a baby… and pitched a screaming fit if you didn't answer him.

"Oh, no. Don't pull Mommy's ear," came the Harpy's voice, breaking Vegeta out of his thoughts.

Bulma was at Chi-Chi's side in a second. "Awww," she cooed, "He looks just like Goku!"

'Great, ' Vegeta thought sourly, 'Just what we need. More Kakarotts.'

"... he's so sweet...," Bulma said and Vegeta rolled his eyes to her only to be disgusted with what he saw: A head full of black hair, bug black eyes and a seriously clueless face. They didn't even let the brat keep his tail. Just his luck The brat would turn out to be a miniature clone of Kakarott.

He snorted silently and looked back to Trunks.

He blinked.

Trunks was gaping in awe at the baby now in Bulma's arms. Bulma obviously saw this because she said, "Do you wanna see Goten, Trunks?" She walked over to her son and placed the 6 month old down in front of him.

There was a small snap of ki, a flash of energy that filled the room for only a split second, but it left Vegeta blinking. He glanced at Gohan, who must have felt it too because he was frowning in concentration at the two boys.

Goten and Trunks were beaming at each other.

"This is Goten," Bulma said to Trunks. "Can you say 'Goten'?" she asked, but Trunks was paying her no mind. He was totally and completely enticed with the other child.

Vegeta studied them closely, his scowl deepening. No way, they couldn't have, he shook his head, they are way to young!

Trunks continued to smile gleefully. "Pretty Goten."

Chi-Chi and Bulma looked at each other. "Awww," they cooed in unison.

Vegeta closed his eyes and willed away the scene. He knew he shouldn't have come.

Kakarott was going to be the death of him.

TBC.