Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Princess ❯ A day in the life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rebel Princess
 
Ok this is a rewrite of a fic I once had posted on ff.net, when I lost the account I lost the digital copy so this is a rewrite from my hard copy. Hopefully this sounds better than when I first wrote it like five years ago.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ, but Veronica is an OC of mine.
 
Chapter 1 A day in the life
 
4 years after the defeat of Majin Buu, Bulma and Vegeta had their second child, a beautiful baby girl, whom they named Veronica Vegeta Briefs. She her mother's blue eyes, but her hair was very strange to begin with; even as a toddler Veronica had a weird hair color that was somewhere between blonder and brown. It was a big mass of hair that was half up on the right side of her head and half down on the left. *If you can't picture it, think of Bulma's hair in the episode of Dragonball where Popo takes Bulma to the Namekian space ship. That's the hair.* The Z fighters joked that Veronica was born half way between super saiyan and normal saiyan because of the strange permanent style and color. Her hair was not the only thing that made Veronica different. She was extremely strong, training with her father and older brother when she was barely three. She had the same stubborn and arrogant attitude of her father, she was also very independent insisting upon doing everything herself. A child after both her parents' hearts. She did not get along well with many within the Z fighter group other than her dad, 18, and Marron.
 
When she was 3 years old her little sister Bra was born. She got along better with her than she ever had with Trunks who was 11 years her senior.
 
Her powers increased quickly and she became a super saiyan at the age of 6 putting Goten's previous record transformation at 7 to shame. Needless to say Vegeta was proud.
 
To the Z fighters Veronica was a feisty unpredictable ball of fire. Her power continued to increase dramatically, and she grew some social skills by the time she turned 8 saving the Z fighters from more paranoia about the mini demi saiyan terror. None of them could understand her attitudes or her power. Little did they know just how powerful, different, and important she would turn out to be.
 
We begin our tale with a day in the life of 17 year old Veronica. On a sunny Monday morning her alarm rang out at 6. “BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!” Veronica rolled over in bed and pointed her finger at the annoying buzzer and said “Bang you're dead.” With one small, swift, blast of ki she decimated her alarm clock.
 
Just as she was about to fall back asleep Bulma walked in throwing the door open with a resounding BANG! “Time to get up, Veronica.” She said sternly.
 
Veronica hid her head under her pillow and groaned. “No I want to sleep!”
“Too damn bad!” Bulma said throwing the blankets off her daughter.
 
Veronica groused as she sat up. “Alright, Alright, I am up!” She proceeded to yawn and crack every bone in her body.
 
Bulma cringed at the awful sound. “Must you always do that?”
 
“Yep.” Veronica replied smugly dragging herself up and over to her dresser. She began to pull clothes haphazardly out of the overstuffed drawers.
 
Bulma sighed and turned to head out the door. “Breakfast in ten.” As the door closed Veronica sighed heavily. `I hate Mondays.' Veronica quickly dressed in a pair of tattered and torn blue jeans (eighties style), and a white t shirt with the words, “Scars are Red and Bruises are Blue. Don't touch me or I'll hurt you.” She shook her head to loose the tangles from her hair, a brush would do no good with her gravity defying hair. She tied a red sweatshirt around her waist hurriedly and slipped on matching red sneakers. Veronica liked being casual. She was a very spiritual person, which differed greatly from her genius scientist mother and her strategic fighter father. She was used to being the strange one at home. She grabbed her backpack and began her trek to the kitchen.
 
At Capsule Corp she had to walk all the way to the end of the second floor hall and down a flight of stairs. When she got down to the bottom of the stairs she was greeted by Capsule's pack of dogs. Like her grandparents she loved animals although she was often compared to Vegeta. She knelt down to greet them, “Morning, boys. How are my favorite boys today?” They jumped up and happily licked her face, then Trunks entered the room. “Oh look, isn't that cute Veronica is playing with her hairy friends.”
 
Veronica glared at him as she slowly stood. “Don't start with me Trunks.”
 
“Whatever.” Trunks brushed off her threat as he entered the kitchen.
 
Veronica stuck her tongue out at the closed door he had just gone through she retrieved her bag from the floor following after him. “Jerk.”
 
She sat down and Bulma placed a plate full of bacon, eggs, and toast down in front of her and a tall glass of OJ. She immediately began gulping down her food. Half way through her meal Bulma interrupted with, “Oh, Veronica, I almost forgot one of your teachers called me yesterday.” Bulma threw a threatening glare at her middle child.
 
Veronica choked on a mouth full of egg. She coughed then a cheesy fake grin crossed her as face as she said, “Really? Which one?”
 
Bulma turned to face her and said very seriously, “Mr. McGinnis, your biology teacher he tells me you're failing his class.”
 
It was Trunks turn to choke. “How could you fail biology? It's the easiest class ever!”
Veronica stood up and stared right at him and shouted. “Well maybe we're not all geniuses, like you Trunks!”
 
Bulma shouted over them, “That's enough! Veronica, I am giving you two weeks to bring that grade up, or I'll take away your computer privileges.” Veronica's expression turned to horror at this comment. “You wouldn't!” Veronica's baby was the computer her mother knew just how to motivate her.
 
“Yes I would and I will unless you bring that grade up!”
 
Veronica crossed her arms and growled, “Fine.”
 
Just then Bra walked in carrying their grandfather's cat. “Hey guys what's happening this morning?” She said cheerily. Veronica sat down hard in her chair and resumed eating without saying a word. Trunks rubbed his nose and said, “Veronica is in a bad mood again.” Bra sighed disgustedly at her brother and said, “Hey it's a free world she can be in a bad mood if she wants.”
 
Veronica finished her breakfast and smiled at Bra. “Thank you oh wise younger sibling. I gotta run or I'll be late for school.” With that she ran out the door.