Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Princess ❯ Runaway demons ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 6
 
The next morning Bra awoke and headed out of her room to find some breakfast and on the way she found a note scrawled on a hastily torn notebook page stuck to her door.
 
It read,
 
Dear Bra,
 
It seems as you're the only one in this house who's going to miss me. I have to leave. It's too dangerous for me to stay. Do me a favor take care of my pets for me. Love ya sis.
 
Ronnie.
 
Bra's eyes widened a second before she screamed. “MOM! DAD! TRUNKS!” She stood frozen trying to absorb what she read. Then Trunks appeared at her side.
 
“Bra?! Bra? What's the matter?” He asked urgently looking bedraggled.
 
He pried the note from her tight grip and this broke Bra from her spell and she sprinted down the hall to Ronnie's room. She threw the door open to find nothing, just a disastrous mess.
 
Vegeta appeared behind her and he first noticed that Veronica was not in her room. Bulma came up behind him and said, “For Kami's sake Bra what is the matter?”
 
“She's gone.” Trunks spoke as he came upon the gathering in the hallway.
 
Bra immediately turned around and threw herself into her mother's arms sobbing. Bulma was in a confused stupor of denial. “What?”
 
“What do you mean, `She's gone.'?” Vegeta demanded. Trunks handed him the note and said,
 
“You tell me.”
 
Vegeta read the note and immediately crushed it in his hand. He was angry to say the least. “THAT BRAT!” He growled out.
 
Bulma looked expectantly at her husband. “Vegeta what's going on? WHERE is Veronica?”
 
“She ran away.” He said staring into his wife's eyes. Bra's sobs became louder. Vegeta growled to himself and stomped off. Bulma looked to Trunks.
 
“WHAT? Why would she do that?”
 
Trunks shrugged. “Her note said she thought she was too dangerous to stay here and that no one would miss her anyway.” Trunks said sullenly his own guilt starting to take over.
 
Bra choked out. “NO! I MISS HER! I DO! She didn't even THINK about what this would do to ME!?” Bra continued to wail and Bulma held her tightly trying to comfort her. She knew all to well what had prompted Veronica to run away. “Oh Goodness…” She whispered. She pulled herself from Bra's grasp and handed her sobbing daughter off to Trunks refusing to let the guilt and anger seep in. “Here. Take her. I'm getting reinforcements.”
 
Bulma stalked off after her husband to find him sitting on their bed his head in his hands looking very angry and confused. “Vegeta?” She whispered entering the room slowly.
 
He looked at her through the hole in his hands growled. “WHY?! Why….I mean what….WHAT is wrong with her?!”
 
Bulma sat down next to him and sighed. “There is nothing necessarily wrong with her, she's just going through a rough time. Being a teenager is never easy.”
 
Vegeta shook his head. “I know that, but…she almost killed you…” He whispered his voice dropping off. He took her hand and held it. Bulma smiled lovingly at her husband.
 
“I don't know what is happening to Veronica, but she's our daughter, we have to try to and help her.”
 
Vegeta was silent for a long time and then he looked up into his wife's eyes and saw the worry permeate her blue depths. He sighed. “Alright, call them.” Bulma smiled a little and kissed his cheek as she hurried out of the room to call up Goku and the other Z fighters to ask for their aid in finding the missing saiyan.
 
The rest of that day was spent searching. Unfortunately, Veronica's ki signal was nowhere to be found. Vegeta found himself for the first time cursing his daughter's skills.
 
“Damn it!” He cursed scanning the horizon in vain as the sun sank behind the horizon. Goku was with him and he put his hand on Vegeta's shoulder trying to reassure him.
 
“We'll find her Vegeta.”
 
Vegeta growled and shrugged off Goku's hand and ran his own through his spiky locks.
 
“We should head back.” Goku continued.
 
Vegeta wanted to keep looking, but he knew Kakarott was right so he turned to fly home and whispered to the breeze. “Where are you Veronica?”
 
That night all the Z fighters were gathered at Capsule Corp after a long day of searching. Bra had fallen asleep in tears that they had not yet found her big sister. Bulma held her head in her lap and Vegeta stood by the sliding glass door staring out into the night. Her mother, 18 and Chi chi sat next to Bulma trying to reassure her. Marron slept next to Bra on the couch. Goku, Piccolo, Krillin and the rest sat around in silence Trunks sat between Gohan and Goten with his head in his hands, partially he blamed himself for Veronica running away. He had never been the best of older brothers.
 
Goten was just as worried as the rest it seemed, only Bra would know why. “Why? Why would she run away like this?” He whispered mostly to himself. He didn't expect an answer, but Vegeta decided to let the cat out of the bag finally. None of the Z fighters knew what had happened the night before and he was so angry and although he would never admit it worried, he could no longer keep quiet about it.
 
“Because…I told her she was a disgrace…a disgrace to the family line.”
 
Goten looked at the Prince with a confused expression that was slowly turning to anger, “Why, why would you do that?”
 
Vegeta spun around to face the young demi saiyan. “BECAUSE! She almost KILLED her MOTHER!”
 
Everyone in the room sat with a shocked look upon their faces. Goten the more so. “….She…she…wouldn't do that…” He said slowly trying to process Vegeta's words.
 
Trunks stared in horror at his father and Bulma sat quietly running her hand through Bra's hair soothingly. Chi chi put her hand on Bulma's shoulder and Bulma gave her a weak smile.
 
“Something's wrong with her Vegeta.” Piccolo stated in an even voice.
 
“Don't you think I know that?! And whatever it is, it is my fault!”
 
“Vegeta! That's not true!” Bulma commented, she would not allow him to place the blame solely on himself. “We're not even sure what's wrong, all we can do is find her and do what we can to help her.”
 
Just then Capsule Corp's doorbell rang. Bulma's father patted his wife on the shoulder and looked reassuringly at his daughter as he went to answer the door. “Oh my...” He stated when he saw the near heard of teenagers outside the door. It had only been a day since Veronica's disappearance, but her friends had been the first ones Bulma called in search of her daughter and they themselves had searched every single hang out they had looking for her. Most of them had seen her father carry her off stage the night before and although they knew little about Veronica's parents they did know that Vegeta was not one to be messed with. I mean a major argument with a parent was something they all had, and they had all threatened to run away once upon a time, but they all knew Ronnie to be to tough to run away from anything let alone what they knew to be nothing more then a silly little grounding violation, but now they were worried, and they didn't even know the whole story or Veronica's `special' heritage.
 
Shina was by far the most eloquent of the bunch and she spoke up first when the door opened. “Good evening Dr. Briefs. We are all friends of Veronica's and we were just wondering if she had returned home yet?”
 
Shina's question was heard by the occupants of the living room. And as Dr. Briefs pulled back the door a little more the group could see the gathering inside. Dr. Briefs shook his head at the girl. “I'm afraid not. We have yet to find her.”
 
They could all see the distraught look on Bulma's face clearly from the door as she stared sadly at them. Ethan stepped forward and hung his head a little before raising it to look straight at his friend's mother.
 
“I'm really sorry, Mrs. Briefs. It's my fault. I started this whole mess. I talked her into sneaking out to go to the concert the other night.”
 
Ebony not one to leave her boyfriend to sacrifice himself alone chimed in. “Me too. We are real sorry, but we needed her. She our best vocalist.”
 
Vegeta had turned to stare hard at the two humans who had admitted their part in his daughter's misbehavior, part of him wanted to slay them on the spot for ever leading Veronica astray, but another part of him knew she would have done it anyway and was grateful for the apology.
 
Bulma smiled a little at Ebony's words. “I never knew that.” Bulma whispered softly tears springing to her eyes. She wiped them quickly and waved her hand at them. “Now, this isn't your fault at all guys, it's a family matter.”
 
“But didn't she splitsville because you guys freaked cause she ditched punishment to rock with us?” Shawn asked ever so smoothly…not
 
Many of the Z fighters stared at him as though he were speaking a foreign dialect and Vegeta responded gruffly. “WHAT in the name of the gods did he just say?”
 
Jas rolled her eyes at Shawn and translated for him. “What he means is that didn't she run away because you carried her off stage….sir?”
 
“You CARRIED her off stage?!” Trunks murmured in disbelief suddenly thankful he was not one of his father's daughters.
 
Vegeta sent him a hard glare. “Yes, what she was doing was indecent and she disobeyed direct orders from your mother and I.”
 
“Indecent? Ronnie has never done an indecent thing in her whole life!” Eva piped in not thinking.
 
“Yeah, that asshole Jarrod had it coming anyway, if she hadn't gone off on him Jas would have.” Kano added.
 
“Gone off on him?” Chi chi stuttered confused by the modern lingo.
 
“You know, beat him bloody?” Kano continued not the brightest bulb in the box.
 
“She WHAT?” Half the Z fighters gawked they had not heard about the incident in great detail and were stunned.
 
“She beat up a human?” Gohan asked aghast.
 
The gang all cocked their heads at Gohan, “Human?” They asked confused. Bulma could see this whole conversation heading down a dangerous road and saw Vegeta's ire was slowly on the rise so she quickly diffused the situation.
 
“That's a story for another time kids. I appreciate your sympathy and your apologies are unnecessary, we will contact you as soon as we find Veronica.” Bulma said appeasingly as she hustled the teenager from the room.
 
“If we hear or see anything we will call you.” Toshiro offered gentlemanly.
 
Bulma smiled and nodded. “Thank you all for your help and your concern.”
 
The door closed and Bulma returned to the living room. “Those are Veronica's friends?” Chi chi asked incredulously.
 
“Yes they are great kids.” Bulma answered.
 
Goten sat there wistfully before speaking. “She is quite popular isn't she?”
 
Vegeta sighed heavily. “She is at that.”
 
A moment of thoughtful silence fell over the room, until it was broken by a familiar high pitched voice. “Vegeta! This is a serious situation! You have to find Veronica quickly!”
 
Every head in the room twisted around in confusion before Goku said, “King Kai?! Is that you?”
 
“Yes of course its me, how many other of you twits use mass telepathy!? But enough about that, this is serious!”
 
“I think it has been established that running away is serious business.” Trunks said dead pan unamused.
 
“This is much moooore serious! Veronica is in grave danger!” King Kai persisted.
 
“WHAT?!” Bulma and Vegeta shouted in a panicked unison.
 
“I have just been informed by the creators of saiyans themselves that female saiyans were never meant to become super saiyan!”
 
“So. Veronica is the first female super saiyan and she became super saiyan the earliest.” Vegeta said with an undeniable snort of pride.
 
“This may be so, but the gods say it was never meant to be that way. She wasn't designed to handle the power.”
 
“What are you saying King Kai?” Goku asked slightly in the dark.
 
“He's saying basically that because the model is not designed to retain the power it will malfunction.” Trunks supplied in his special techno babble way.
 
“King Kai, what kind of malfunctions are we talking?” Bulma asked nervousness evident on her features.
 
“Major loss of impulse control, uncontrollable power surges, among other things. She is already losing her fragile human impulse and emotional control. She could very likely revert back to saiyan ape form if she turns super again. And I'm afraid it could be fatal or even irreversible.”
 
Bulma wanted to scream in horror but covered her mouth and looked at Vegeta with a pleading stare.
 
Vegeta could sense the horror and the fear for their daughter coming in waves off his mate. He knelt quickly at her side and took her face in his hands. “Woman, do not panic. We will find her and make sure this does not happen.”
 
“How do we stop it?” Goten asked King Kai.
 
“You must reason with her inner beast. Make sure she never turns super again, get her to come back to herself accept the human side and she should return to normal.”
 
“Should?!” Chi chi shouted enraged for her friend.
 
“Hey, like I said this is a universal fluke, something that was NEVER supposed to happen.”
 
“Don't worry. We'll find her.”
 
“How? Without a ki signal we have nothing to go on.” Krillin commented.
 
“And the only way her ki signal will raise is if she goes super saiyan or loses control, then it will be too late.” Piccolo added.
 
Vegeta growled. “I don't care! Somehow I WILL find my DAUGHTER!”
 
Elsewhere…..
 
Veronica was trying to sleep beneath a palm tree near the shore of the immense island she had landed on. The cool breeze was far preferred to the stifling surroundings of the nearby forest. She had figured the island as good a place as any to hide out. Master Roshi had spent hundreds of years on his tiny little island before anyone had discovered him so it stood to reason at least.
 
Even so the cool breeze did nothing to help Veronica's heated skin. She tossed and turned in a fever as sweat poured off her brow, unusual for such a cool night.
 
She was hot and tense. Every muscle in her body was on fire and drawn like a bowstring prepared to fire. Her power was beginning to roll off her in perceivable waves without her consent. She groaned and hissed as the powerful feeling roared inside her.
 
She shot up suddenly unable to sleep all too aware that something was not right.
 
She crawled, heat pulsing through her body and rage building uncontrollably, to a nearby oasis. She looked down into it and saw to her astonishment that her eyes were blood red. She gasped and then let out a long growl as pain ripped through her as her fangs grew out past her bottom lip and her hair began to grow and her nails sharpened to claws. She covered her face as the pain continued to rush through her and she screamed out in a primal roar. Then whispered, “What's wrong with me?”
 
 
The surge of her energy was enough for the Z fighters back at Capsule to feel the ripple of her power along the air waves and they all instantly took notice.
 
“Veronica.” Vegeta said urgently. Trunks, Goku, Gohan, Goten, and even Bra shot up from her sleep when she felt her sister's ki.
 
“Vegeta. Shall we go with you?” Piccolo asked as the saiyans headed towards the door.
 
“No, stay here, this is a saiyan problem, we'll deal with it.” Vegeta said.
 
He reached the door and looked back at Bulma whose eyes were glassy with unshed tears and a small shock of hope veiled her fear for her daughter. “Worry not, Bulma. I'll bring our daughter back.”
 
Bulma smiled slightly and whispered “I know you will.” As the saiyans took to the sky following the energy pulse out over the sea.
 
The first rays of morning began to break over the watery horizon as the saiyans and their offspring flew fast towards the source of the power they searched for.
 
Veronica was writhing in pain amongst the forest fringe, unsuccessfully trying to fight her primal saiyan instinct.
 
She sensed the arrival of her family and brethren and growled charging through the woods like a rabid animal; her rationality slowly leaving her and her primal need for battle taking hold.
 
When the saiyans touched down upon the sandy beach of the island they looked around and when Veronica charged through the trees. Bra gasped in shock and horror and Goten whispered under his breath, “V, no.”
 
“Veronica?” Vegeta questioned, also shocked by the image of his daughter. Veronica's hair was the length of her body, her fangs and claws were long and sharp, her muscles all enlarged and toned. And most startling was the red of her eyes.
 
She growled and bared her fangs at him. She shook her head and roared. “GO AWAY!”
 
Bra took a few steps forward. “No Veronica, we're not leaving you.”
 
Veronica growled and snapped savagely at her sister. Bra gasped at the unexpected action as Veronica jumped towards her. Vegeta grabbed Bra and moved her behind him as Veronica snarled and writhed on the ground.
 
“Leave…..I'm too dangerous.” She bit out holding on to the last vestiges of her rationality.
 
“It's not your fault.” Vegeta whispered trying desperately to keep the situation calm to calm his daughter's beast. He could see her fighting and feel her losing.
 
“What's…wrong…with….me?” Veronica managed to bite out between growls as she fought the take over of her inner demons.
 
“You have too much power. You're body can't handle it. You are reverting back to the most primitive saiyan form.” Trunks explained calmly as well.
 
“Help….me…” She growled hoarsely barely perceptible. Bra's heart constricted seeing her sister in such pain. Most of them stood in sheer shock at Veronica's condition. Most unable to believe what they were seeing. Trunks took a step forward and kneeled a few feet away from his pained sister.
 
“You have to fight it. We're here to help, but you've got to fight it, you have to surpress the power.”
 
“Remember you human control.” Vegeta added catching Veronica's eyes. He saw the last glimpse of her true blue eyes and hoped that his words would effect her, but it was to no avail as she gave an earth shattering roar and her eyes rolled back in her head a second before a flash of red energy pulsed from her and her eyes returned to a full blood red color and she bared her fangs in a ferally evil grin as she looked up at her saiyan counterparts. The blast she exuded made Trunks jump back several feet. He stared in astonishment at her before she charged him and held him by his throat in the air. Her voice was thick and not much like her own as she spoke.
 
“You can't help me! I am beyond help!”
 
She punched Trunks in the face and he flew high into the sky before catching himself just in time to defend against a straight on attack. They grappled for a few short minutes that seemed like hours. Goku and Vegeta watched carefully and Vegeta could sense his childrens' power rising and when Veronica got a hit in on Trunks that drew blood. He could see Trunks ire rise and sense his power go up with it.
 
“Trunks don't go super! It will only cause her to do the same. Then there is no going back!” Vegeta shouted waylaying Trunks' transformation.
 
Trunks' hesitation was not lost on Veronica and she chuckled evilly before shouting “FOOL!” as she slashed her elongated claws across his chest shredding clothing and skin in the process.
 
Trunks fell to the ground from the force of her attack and hit hard. Gohan and Bra ran to his aid.
 
Goku, Goten, and Vegeta stared at Veronica in shocked horror as she landed deftly on the ground like a cat and stood stalking towards her prey. Bra gasped and threw her arms out as if to protect her brother from her sister. Bra's fear was evident in her eyes and Vegeta knew this was the moment he dreaded; the moment of his life where he would have to choose between his daughters, his mind reeled and a split second before he even decided to act, Goten moved to stand between Veronica and Bra.
 
The entire male saiyan assemblance was confused. Bra let her arms drop when she realized what Goten was doing.
 
“Don't do this.” Goten spoke to Veronica in a quiet dulcet tone, his face a mask but his eyes showing all.
 
“Fight it. You're stronger than this. You're better than this. We want you back.”
 
Veronica watched Goten with a sneer for several moments before a scent caught her nose and she sniffed. Her sneer turned to a devious grin. Goten was misled by her change in expression and stepped forward. Veronica took her chance and literally pounced on Goten pinning his arms above his head and his body to the ground with her hips. She chuckled darkly. “Oh you want me alright.” She whispered in a deep husky voice running her tongue slowly up the side of his face.
 
Goten's eyes almost rolled back in his head from her ministrations but he had to fight to keep from losing his thin strip of control.
 
The others stared on in numb shock as the scene before them played out.
 
“W…w…what?” Goten stuttered through a haze of dizzying euphoria at her closeness.
 
Veronica chuckled and leaned in to whisper into his mouth. “You underestimate my sense of smell. I can smell it all over you. You want to screw me where I stand.” She giggled and ran her tongue enticing along his lips and another shudder ran through his body and he tried in vein to push her off him. Without turning super saiyan her primal form was too strong for his normal form.
 
“No…I”
 
“Don't lie! Your scent tells all.” She snapped pushing down hard on his hips causing him to jerk up slightly.
 
Goten took several deep steadying breathes and spoke slow and evenly looking her straight in the eyes. “I do want you, but not like this. I want the old you.”
 
She laughed again. “Are you so sure? Your scent tells me you are ready to mate with me now.” She purred deep in her chest and rubbed up against him, trying to seduce him.
 
Goten maintained his composure and continued to stare deeply into her blood red eyes as if trying to extract her soul. “I want to mate with the real you. I love you V.”
 
Veronica's head tilted to the side in slight confusion before a look of recognition overcame her tense and stricken features. “V? Only Goten calls me that.” With that realization her eyes lost their redness and were replaced by her regular baby blues. A convulsion overtook her body and she rolled off Goten writing and groaning in pain as her transformation reverted.
 
Her fangs grew back in, her claws returned to nails and her muscles returned to their normal size. When it was over her body went limp as she passed out, and lay there on the ground back to normal. Vegeta knelt down beside her and brushed her hair from her face and ran a hand along her smooth cheek. He smiled a little in relief, glad to have his daughter back safe. He looked up at Goten who sat on the ground staring at Veronica's prone form with disbelief. “I thank you for your help Goten.”
 
Vegeta picked Veronica up and Bra ran over hugging her sister's unconscious form in relief and joy. Gohan assisted Trunks in standing and Goku helped Goten up. Vegeta turned prepared to fly off, but stopped and looked at Goten once again, only this time with a hard cold expression. “But don't think I will forget what just happened.” Goten swallowed nervously and could do nothing but shake his head. With that Vegeta took to the sky; the others following, back to Capsule Corp.