Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Reflexes ❯ Reflexes ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Reflexes

By Kricket



What a rube, Vegeta thought as he tore away a sizeable chunk of meat and chewed it, eyeing Goku with a good amount of disgust at the spray of rice that came from his mouth as he gave a hearty laugh at a joke Kuririn told him.

Out of the corner of his eye, Vegeta was able to see his own son as well as Kakkarot’s hiding beneath the picnic table. Both their eyes were alight with mischief, naughty grins plastered on their faces as Vegeta saw the bowl of ambrosia salad that Trunks held in his lap. They spoke in severely low tones:

“Nobody’s gonna eat THIS stuff,” said Trunks.

The grin on Goten’s face faded into a thoughtful frown. “Why are we doing this again?”

Trunks laughed, rubbing the back of his head nervously. “I just wanna test your dad’s reflexes have gotten any better.”

“But why can’t we do it to YOUR dad?” Goten asked distrustfully, suspicion darkening his features.

“Goten! You dummy! We already know MY dad has GREAT reflexes…I just wanna see if he’s improved any after the whole “Majin Buu“ incident…” Trunks retorted, crossing his arms over his chest after shoving the salad to Goten’s chest.

When there was no response from his younger companion, Trunks continued, “I’ll tell you what we’re gonna do now. You hide somewhere behind him, I’ll come up and distract him (I’m sure I’ll be able to whip up an engaging conversation) and then YOU toss smash the salad bowl into the back of his head, OK?”

“OK, Trunks,” Goten chimed, crawling out from under the picnic table, finding a suitable angle to launch his attack. Meanwhile, Trunks swaggered up to Son, the congenial smile on his face clashing fiercely with his Vegeta-esque gate.

“Hello, Mr. Son, is it true that…” he began, the conversation fading from Vegeta’s ears as he observed the youngest Son plod clumsily with the large bowl of ambrosia salad to the other side of the picnic table, climbing it with a bit of difficulty. He shifted the bowl, preparing for his assault. And with the cue of Trunks’ wink, he launched the bowl soundly through the air, appearing to be in slow motion as it spun over and over itself in the air. Little chunks of orange, banana and coconut showering the area.

Remarkably, as the bowl was inches from Son’s head he caught the bottom of it, holding it firmly in his steely grip. And as if he hadn’t just been assaulted by a bowl of ambrosia salad, the powerful Saiyan warrior brought the bowl casually onto the blabbering Trunks’ head, the remaining squishing and caking his hair. Unable to contain himself, Son fell backwards, clutching his tummy as he erupted in vociferous peals of laughter.

The wide-eyed Trunks looked to the astounded Goten, muttering, “I think’s improved- a lot.”

A smirk danced on Vegeta’s lips as he polished off a tray of deviled eggs. You never cease to amaze me, Kakkarot…

-------