Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Vegeta's alive? ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Royal Namekian Blues II
By StarbearerTM
Disclaimer: I don't' own Dragon Ball Z, Toriyama does, and Funimation. I don't get rich or make any money, and this means no harm to the anime or manga. It is fan fiction.

Chapter 4
Bulma had arrived home at long last, and she was miserable. Everyone had been wished back with the Earth Dragonballs. Namekians clustered on the courtyard of Capsule Corps. Unfortunately the Z fighters who had perished could not be wished back right away because they chose to stay behind and train on King Kai's planet in the off chance Freeza might have survived. Of the Z fighters, Krillin had chosen to be resurrected along with Yamcha. What they failed to realize was that they had not specified who was to life and who was to remain dead from Freeza's hand.
Now Bulma raced back and forth trying to make sure all the Namekians were accounted for on the vast estates. Her parents had been stunned to see the sudden appearance of the dozens of green skinned beings. Fortunately Piccolo had arrived to help her shepard them into one location. Unfortunately the one person she most wished would be present was painfully absent.
Prince Vegeta, of Planet Vegeta, last of the Saiyans besides Goku. As Piccolo passed her he caught her shoulder firmly. He glanced down at the blue haired human in concern, sensing from her slumped posture that she was grieved. “You're worried about them?”
“Oh Piccolo, I just am worried sick! The Z fighters, where are they, are they alive or dead?”
“Goku gave his life to save everyone on Namek,” said Piccolo quietly, turning her to face him. He glanced down at her with concern in his dark eyes from his height of seven feet towering over her.
“Oh no… no!” she cried. “What about Gohan and Krillin?”'
“I'm sorry, Bulma. Gohan survived, and I sense his ki here somewhere. But Krillin was mortally wounded. fortunately Dende will be able to heal him. The other Z fighters are in the other world with King Kai.”
“So, where's Goku?”
“We don't know,” said Piccolo sadly.
“Bulma!” Gohan cried, rushing out of the crowd of Namekians milling about. Bulma dropped to her knees and hugged him tightly as he threw himself at her and Piccolo.
“Mr. Piccolo, did you tell her?” he panted.
“Yes,” he nodded, resting his hand on Gohan's shoulder, and giving it a squeeze through the armor. Bulma buried her face in Gohan's shoulder, sobbing as he squeezed her tightly around her neck. Together they rocked, with Piccolo's hands resting on both their shoulders. He watched over them, anger filling his heart. Anger at Goku's disappearance and the unfairness of all things.
Gohan straightened up, blinking. Piccolo opened his mouth and nodded. “What?” Bulma asked, lifting her head from Gohan's shoulder. Piccolo helped her to stand up shakily while Gohan released her. Still he took hold of her hand and squeezed it to give her support.
“It's Krillin,” said Gohan. “His ki's almost back to normal.”
“Dende's work,” said Piccolo, touching his fingers to his forehead. “He's just told me telepathically that your friend's been healed. He's over there. excuse me.”
“Krillin?” gasped Bulma. Piccolo nodded, and excused himself as he rushed off into the crowd of his fellow Namekians.
The crowd parted, and Krillin appeared as if by magic, lying there panting in a full suit of Saiyan armor. He sat up, blinking around him in disbelief. Gohan rushed up and hugged his friend. For a long time they laughed and lamented over a bittersweet victory.
"Where's Bulma?" he asked.
“Here I am you dummy!” she squealed, running up across the lawn to drop to her knees by his side. Gohan slid a hand behind Krillin's head to support him.
“Bulma, you made it. Good!” Krillin gasped. “But Goku?”
“He's gone. my daddy's gone,” said Gohan, biting his lip. It trembled as he buried his face in Krillin's shoulder. Sadly Krillin patted Gohan on his back as he hugged his friend tightly. Bulma sniffled, wrapping her arms around both her friends. For a while they cried together while the Nameks looked on in mutual sorrow.
After a time, she lifted her head and separated herself from her friends. Gohan freed himself from Krillin's embrace, and slowly stood up next to Bulma. She wiped away tears, sniffling as she leaned over to help Krillin stand. Gohan pushed his shoulder under Krillin's armpit to help lift him up as well. All three of them stood and regarded one another in their sorrow.
“Mr. Piccolo,” said Gohan as he glanced over his shoulder. Having given them a moment of privacy, the tall Namekian mentor strode back to them.
“Excuse me, but the Namekians are wondering where they're supposed to be, Bulma san,” said Piccolo, turning to her. He again rested a hand on Gohan's shoulder, standing immediately between her and Gohan. Krillin moved back a step and glanced around, not sure of where to look.
“Well can you use your powers to telepathically direct them to go to the garden? And there's also room in the two big warehouses. I programmed the bots to receive your voice commands, Piccolo,” said Bulma quietly. She struggled to swallow the lump in her throat and smile as bravely as she could.
“I guess I'd better go see if my mom and grandpa are all right.”
“They're waiting for you at Kame house, with Master Roshi,” said Piccolo.
“Good. Someone's gonna have to tell Mom that dad isn't coming home soon, but that doesn't' mean that he's dead,” Gohan said with a frown. He nodded and grunted up at Piccolo.
“You're right. If he was dead, King Kai would have seen him by now, right Piccolo?” asked Krillin.
“Anything's possible where Goku's concerned. Look, I've got a change of clothes for you, Krillin,” said Piccolo, glancing over to where one of the Namekians walked up with a neatly folded bundle. Piccolo took it from his countryman, and handed it to Krillin.
“Thanks a million. I can't wait to get this tin can off of me,” said Krillin with relief. He chuckled nervously, and then nodded his thanks to the Namekian, who promptly bowed his head and walked away.
“Better get going you two,” Bulma said brightly as possible, voice cracking. “You can change in the guest quarters over there Krillin, Gohan.”
“I'll go on ahead and see Mom, first thing. She's gonna be worried sick, and I know that she's going to give me the mother of all tongue lashings,” Gohan sniffled. He and Krillin slapped each other on the back, and then hugged Bulma. Leaping into the air, Gohan rocketed off into the sky towards Kame House miles away.
“This way,” said Bulma, leading Krillin towards the Guest house across the main lawn from Capsule's mansion.

After she'd made sure Krillin had what he needed, she wandered across the garden dejectedly. Several bots drifted by, bleeping as they led Namekians after them. She carried bottles of Evian water from the kitchen, and blankets, handing them out as she passed each green alien by.
“Mistress Bulma, thank you,” said one of the younger ones.
“No problem. You just follow the bots, and they'll help you out… there's plenty of room for all,” she said, smiling at the child. He darted off after the floating bot. Bulma sighed deeply and wandered away from the teaming lawn of her guests filing into the garden and warehouses.
When she reached the front lawn, she stopped by the tall trees flanking the walkways. A path led up to the front door, where the main entrance was. She glanced over her shoulder at the city behind the huge yellow dome that was her home, then across to the gates a few hundred meters distant that fenced off the property from West Central City.
“Chikusa,” she mumbled, walking under her favorite tree. She leaned against it, glancing around to see if she was alone. None of the Nameks were within hearing distance, so she leaned her forearm against the tree. Bulma rested her aching forehead and began to let the feelings out once more.
After a moment she tensed, sure she sensed a presence from overhead. Bulma lifted her head and pushed back from the rough bark of the weeping willow. Its branches exuded from the main trunk about twenty feet from the ground, and she peered up to see a dark shape nestled there she hadn't seen before. Bulma suppressed a scream when she saw the wild hair and gleaming eyes that stared down.
“What the hell are you crying about, Bulma?” his gruff voice complained.
“Oh Shit!” Bulma screamed. Bulma jumped back in fear and relief when she saw Vegeta drop from the tree.
He stood ten feet from her, with a Machiavellian smirk on his face. Although his armor was pitted with holes in the abdomen, and snaked with cracks, he was very much vital and alive. White gloves unfolded themselves from his chest and flexed with powerful muscles that glided under the torn blue AE suit he wore beneath. Slowly he walked towards Bulma, who backed away with each step.
"You… why did they bring YOU back to life?" she squealed.
"I'm hurt Bulma, I thought YOU of all people would be happy to see me?" he teased, advancing on her. Not five feet away he stopped.
"Yes I… I mean no… I mean…" she gasped. Her knees gave out at that very moment.
Strong arms clasped her around the waist, arresting her fall against his sturdy body. Bulma's hands came to rest on cracked white armor, and then slid down to run over his muscular biceps. His hot breath landed against her face. With tear blurred eyes she looked into his dark onyx gaze that was only inches away. Bulma then noticed that Vegeta was only a few inches taller than she, for her forehead was level with his nose.
"Missed me, my little blue minx?" he teased, clutching her tightly to his body. She buried her face in his shoulder, sobbing.
"You bastard! I thought you said you'd come back!" she yelled at him. Her voice was muffled against his armored shoulder. Her hands slid around to enclose his waist, squeezing tightly to just where the armored chest plate ended at his hips.
"I did, didn't I?" he snorted. "Although I have to admit I'm as surprised as you are why you're making such a fucking FUSS?"
"I… I missed you," she whispered.
"Of course you did, idiot," he murmured, burying his nose in her hair. "Is this your miserable little world?"
"Don't start with me, you lunkhead," she sniffled, pulling away at arm's length.
“Lunkhead? I hope that's a term of endearment, blue hair,” Vegeta snorted, grabbing her forearms before she could completely pull away. Bulma locked her hands around his gloved wrists, squeezing tightly.
She said, "This is Earth… Namek was totally destroyed. That's why I was sure you were with it!"
"Hush Bulma, I'm as alive and real as you are, no fear," Vegeta said sternly, though his hands were warm through his gloves. They twined around her body, crushing her close to him with inhuman strength. Bulma let him hold her, muffling her cries in his shoulder while her hands ran over his slick armor.
"Don't you EVER scare me like that again, Vegeta or you'll be sorry," Bulma said, lifting her head from his chest to lose herself in his dark harsh gaze. Vegeta pushed away the locks of hair covering her beautiful blue ones. He was surprised to hear the strange alteration of his name, hoping it was a term of deference. Judging from the female's clingy nature, he was certain she remembered the significance of the bite on her neck. Slowly he lifted her hair off her neck and ran a gloved finger over the purple bruise.
He said in a hushed whisper, moving his lips inches from her ear, "There is much to be done. Where is Kakkarot?"
"I don't know," she said. "I think…"
"That can wait. I'm sure the fool found some way to survive. Or else I'll be quite pissed. But in the meantime… first things first. Where is your dwelling?"
“Why… do you want to know?” Bulma stammered, breaking his stare for a moment. IT drew her in and pierced her soul, very disarming at her hard walls.
“I shouldn't have to tell you, Bulma,” Vegeta answered with a snort.
"You have no other place to stay, right?" Bulma blinked, realizing what he meant. She pushed away from him as he released her. Resting her hands on her hips she shifted her weight from one foot to the other.
"Would I ask YOU if I did?" he shook his head, rolling his eyes. "Did you get hit on the head like Kakkarot or are you ALWAYS this dense?"
"Knock it off jerk face I haven't had a good day," Bulma sniffled. Vegeta moved to her side, and then slid his arm possessively around her hips.
"Take me there… to where you live, Blue…" he ordered.
"We're here, and you landed RIGHT in my front yard, your Why ness," she said, only leading him a few steps towards the path leading to her front door. They stopped right before the flower urns by the front. With her free arm she swept across the entire landscape to show him where she lived.
"Holy shit you're serious," said Vegeta, blinking in wonder. "You're… someone of great importance on this mud ball?"
"I told you I was RICH, dumb ass," Bulma smirked, matching one of his own expressions.
"Damn…" Vegeta blinked, pulling down his armored vest. Bulma kept one hand gripped tightly to his glove, squeezing it as she tried to stop from crying.
"Bulma!" cried several other voices. Krillin walked out of the main front door, laughing as he saw them. At sight of Vegeta he stopped dead, blinking in disbelief. His eyes traveled down to see Vegeta's white gloved hand clasped around Bulma's, though they stood with six inches between them.
"What's HE doing back?" the monk asked, jerking his head in the direction of the Prince. Embarrassed, she let go of the Prince's hand. Both of them stood like odd bookends, with their arms crossed over their chests.
“Oh, do I need your permission Baldie?” Vegeta laughed harshly at him. “I go wherever I wish to, and explain myself to no one… got it?”
"He got wished back stupid," Bulma said quickly. All the Namekians walked out from behind trees, blinking in confusion.
"The whole fucking planet's here?" Vegeta snorted in distaste.
"They have to live somewhere. Now come with me, your Royal Whyness," Bulma said, grabbing Vegeta's hand and pulling him behind her. "If you will I'll show you to your room…"
"Humph," he nodded.
"Wait, where are you two going? Bulma… he's a…"
"A guest," Bulma said quickly as Krillin rushed in front of them.
"Are you insane?" Krillin shook his head.
"What's the matter baldie, afraid that I might stick around on this mud ball of yours?" Vegeta leered at him as Bulma dragged him off by the hand towards Capsule's front door.
“Get out of my way before you piss me off! We can't be rude to royalty…" Bulma harrumphed, pushing Krillin aside.
"This is nuts… what is she… him?" Krillin blinked as he sat down.

Dende wandered over with the others.
"Krillin!" he laughed.
"Um hi… wow… I'm alive… and already I'm confused," Krillin mumbled.
"We're going to be staying here till Namek is wished back," Dende said. “I healed you just a few minutes ago, but wanted to make sure you were able to move around and speak to your friends before I checked on you again. Are you all right?”
"I dunno what I need… where are the others?"
"They can't be wished back for another year…" Dende explained. "At least according to what I saw happen…"
"So Yamcha, Chiotzu, Tien."
"They can't be wished back all at once. Our dragon balls don't work like that," Dende said, resting his hand on Krillin's. "I'm sorry…"
"Hey it's not your fault… I'm just… wow… it's just great of them to let ME be brought back… but… what's the deal with Vegeta?"
"Because the wish made on your Earth dragon balls was to bring back everyone who had been killed by Freeza, I think," said Dende.
"And Vegeta too," mumbled Krillin. "I thought I was a goner…"
"Gohan pushed you out of the way in time, but you had a gaping hole in your chest," said Dende quietly.
“Man… that's pretty serious,” he whispered. “I know Goku's gone, but what about the others on King Kai's planet?" asked
"Yes," said Dende. "They're all receiving training. At least that's what King Kai's told me in our last telepathic message."
"And you guys?"
"All the Namekians are staying at Capsule," said Dende with a smile. "Bulma gave us an entire complex in the garden and on the grounds…"
"What's VEGETA doing here? Did I just get bonked on the head by a large mallet or did I just see her invite him to stay?" demanded Krillin.
"You saw correctly,” Said Dende. “But don't' worry. Piccolo will return, and make certain that he behaves himself.”
"Are you sure you've got no idea what happened to Goku?" asked Krillin, head reeling as he leaned heavily on the concerned Dende.
"He's gone. After Namek blew up…" trailed off Dende. Then his expression brightened again as he said, "Wait though… not on King Kai's planet, so he might still be alive.”
“You're right!” Krillin brightened up. “If I know one thing about Son Goku it's that he has a knack for surprising us all…”
“Gohan will be waiting for you. Everyone at Master Roshi's house are anxious to see you. Son Gohan and Chichi will be there, with the others, right?”
"It won't be the same without the others," Krillin shivered. “But I'd better get going… I was supposed to meet a girl named Marron was… oh jeez she'll be mad that I…”
"What's the big deal?" Dende shrugged.
"I'll tell you when you're older. Besides it's a human thing. Say, I'll see you around okay? Gotta run… thanks for healing me back up!" said Krillin. He patted Dende on the back, and then leapt up into the air to fly back to Kame House with his friends. Shrugging, Dende skipped off to find his siblings.

Vegeta reluctantly let Bulma lead him past the lawn teaming with Namekians. Some wore sunglasses, sat at the many umbrella tables while others sat on the lawn, and let the sun pour on their bodies. Each of them sipped the best brand of spring water money could buy. A few even had a card game going with a few of the local capsule corps employees.
"Don't tell me they'll be staying here too," Vegeta mumbled, glancing around.
"They've got no place else to go, and besides we've got the space… my mom will love having this many guests," Bulma said.
"Your… sire and dam?" Vegeta grumbled. "I suppose I must inform your parents of our situation. lead me."
Bulma opened the front door, and urged Vegeta inside. The reluctant Saiyan Prince strode regally in, folding arms across his chest. As he walked around the main sitting areas he sniffed in disinterest, though Bulma sensed he was secretly surprised to see such a structure was her dwelling.
"Bulma sweetie!" came a sickeningly sweet voice as a tall blonde female danced towards them across the living room. Breasts a size larger than Bulma's were nestled precariously in a tight fitting top, while her thighs glided under a tight mini. From the opposite direction an older gentleman with faded lavender hair shuffled out, narrowing his eyes behind his glasses as Bulma stood there with Vegeta.
"Mom, Dad!" she said with a laugh, grabbing Vegeta's arm and tucking hers around it. “There's one more guest!”
"Ohhhh hello there, handsome," Mrs. Briefs gasped, opening her eyes wider than she ever had in Bulma's recent memory. She wolf whistled as she undressed Vegeta with her eyes. "My STARS he's gorgeous…"
"And you are who exactly?" Vegeta blinked. "Are you Bulma's parents?"
“Bulma sweetie, another one of your Z fighter friends?” Dr. Briefs blinked.
"Is his hair… purple?" Vegeta blinked. "Gods, what sort of planet IS this?"
"Relax, your Highness. Mom… Dad I want you to meet someone…"
"Don't just let this handsome stranger stand out here… bring him in for some tea… come right this way young man… you must be tired and hungry… and oh we've GOT to get you some new clothes… your uniform is all messy!" she gasped.
"Mom, dad, this is his Royal Majesty the Prince of all Saiyans, Vegeta," she said quickly.
"Royalty? My goodness I had no idea… I don't believe I've heard of where you're from," Dr. Briefs blinked.
"That's because my world was blown up, you idiot," Vegeta snorted. "So are you the lord of this… manor?"
"That'd be me… Bulma dear. where did you say he was from again?"
"Outer space, you dolt, where do you think? Are you SURE these are your parents, Bulma? Because I FAIL to see the resemblance," Vegeta grumbled.
"No need to get cranky… your Majesty. I don't know where you're from but it's clear to me you're one of those Z fighter friends of Bulma's and as such you're welcome here," said Dr. Briefs.
"I'm not one of those weakling losers, you old fool," Vegeta started.
"Oh don't' just STAND there, bring him in and show him to one of the guestrooms. He must be so tired after such a long trip through outer space, come RIGHT this way young man," Mrs. Briefs cooed, grabbing Vegeta's and Bulma's hands and dragging them with her.
"Gods, what the blazes did I do to deserve this?" Vegeta groaned, looking helplessly at Bulma. She was trying to keep a straight face.
"Just go with it, lunkhead," Bulma began to giggle. Vegeta gave her a look of horror as he struggled to keep up with the ditzy blonde fawning all over him. He wanted the royal treatment he was going to get it in spades. From the living room, Dr. Briefs scratched his cat under the chin, and chuckled to himself. He then turned and exited the way he came, returning to his lab. Around his shoulders his ever present kitty yawned and stretched.

Before long, the Prince of Saiyans was sitting down at a regular dining room table, glaring daggers at Bulma's insane mother. Just nearby was the doorway leading to an enormous kitchen. Periodically she'd waltz out with a plate piled high with food, and then plunk it down before him. What stopped him from blowing her up was the appearance of mountains of food that were being piled on the table. Glancing around he noticed someone was missing. Bulma had left him alone with her mother, Vegeta realized with extreme irritation.
"Bulma sweetie told me that you were a Saiyan or whatever just like Goku. so I've made PLENTY of food for you," Bunny laughed, leaning over the table to set a napkin and glasses before him.
"For your information I'm ROYALTY, and if you ever dare compare me to that third class… Kakkarot I'll," Vegeta snapped.
"Relax, and eat there, your Majesty… we must put some meat on your bones. wouldn't want you starving would we? I don't know what they eat in outer space, but we've only the best here…" said Bunny with a sweet smile. "Don't be shy now."
"Do you have anything to drink, serving woman?" Vegeta mumbled. "I'm partial to some Zarcalian whisky…"
"I'm so sorry. We don't have that, but maybe you'd love a nice Banana daiquiri milkshake. it's ever so good. And just the thing for someone who's come here from a long trip."
"What the blazes is a milkshake?" Vegeta blinked, glancing anxiously around for Bulma. When she failed to materialize he gripped the edge of the table with a gloved hand. However the smell of the milk and vanilla wafting into his nose was more than he could bear and he struggled to keep himself from drooling. Quickly he helped himself to the abundance set before him, and started to eat. What surprised him was that the food was more than edible. This woman may be an idiot, but she could cook, thank gods.
Minutes later he was drowning his irritation in an industrial sized strawberry and vanilla daiquiri milkshake as he nursed a splitting headache. Bunny had showed him into the kitchen when he stood impatiently at the doorway a few minutes ago. He'd seen the whirring of the blender in which she was tossing fruit and pouring other strange liquids. Mumbling in disorientation he snatched the tall glass from her and sipped it gratefully. Never had he tasted anything quite as sweet, although he was pleased to taste the alcohol spiking it.
“This is… adequate,” he had mumbled.
To think he'd complained about Bulma talking constantly, when in comparison, her dam put Bulma to shame. His ears rang with her high pitched tittering giggle which he was convinced was the newest form of torture this planet had to offer. Granted he deserved the royal treatment but he swore if he heard one more offer of 'kindness' he'd puke.
"You, serving woman… does the girl… live here?" asked Vegeta, raising his voice over Bunny's.
"Oh… you mean my little angel?" asked Bunny, turning off the blender again. “You need more?”
“Yes I might as well,” Vegeta sighed impatiently, grabbing the pitcher of the blender and handing her his empty glass. Bunny shrugged, and let him sip directly from it before taking it back and pouring the rest into his glass once more.
“Here you go… my word you have quite an appetite… I'm sure you're a VERY strong young man…”
“Fine whatever! You haven't answered my question, servant… the blue haired girl, your daughter," Vegeta said irritated. "That's who I mean, not you!"
"Oh of COURSE, you flatterer… people ALWAYS think we're sisters…" giggled Bunny. "Why yes she does! She sleeps upstairs… in fact she's probably just about done getting your room ready…"
"Are you THIS accepting of anyone who comes in here?" Vegeta mumbled. "And are you always this blasted cheerful?"
"Always, sweetie," said Bunny. "Oh here she comes now… drink up!"
"Humph I'm in HFIL," Vegeta blinked. "I swear I must be… because if I hear another laugh I'm going to blow this place sky high…"
"What are you doing in her mom? You aren't feeding the whole army are you?" Bulma wailed as she saw the piles of empty plates.
"I'm eating you idiot, what does it freaking look like?" Vegeta snorted. "Where the hell were you?"
"Come here, you dummy." Bulma groaned, grabbing his white gloved hand and yanking him out of the chair. He looked relieved to have an excuse to exit. Quickly he rushed out after Bulma.
"Have fun you two," Bunny winked, smiling as she saw them walking out hand in hand.

"What the devil is THAT supposed to mean. HEY!" Vegeta protested with a shout.
"Come ON!" Bulma gritted her teeth. "Before she traps us BOTH in there!"
"You are SURE you're related to these clowns?" Vegeta said helplessly, swirling the last bits of milk in his glass as he walked through the vast chambers of her home. They approached the grand staircase curling around like a helix to five or six upper levels in the middle of the dome .Bulma rapidly trotted up the stairs, with the Prince at her heels. They rounded the landing and came to the hallways leading to multiple closed doors. Underfoot Vegeta felt a spongy material that wasn't conventional shock absorbing durable floor cover.
"It's scary, huh?" she shrugged. "Well, I don't know if you have any changes of clothes, but I've managed to find something you can wear while we wash these. but I sure as hell don't know what will get the stains off this armor."
"Idiot, you just need the conventional garment freshener and… oh wait, this place is fucking primitive, I forgot," he grumbled.
"Just get up the damn stairs will you. I thought you were a warrior and able to live in the most primitive conditions," Bulma teased, leading him down the hallway.
"Shut up," Vegeta groused. She by the door that was ajar to push it wide open. Vegeta walked past where she indicated, taking in his surroundings. The chamber was moderate sized, and the walls slightly curved. Furnishings were sumptuous yet spacious and he gave a slight nod of surprise.
"Well?" she asked, standing just inside as Vegeta walked in and slowly circled the carpeted chamber. He stopped by the king sized bed, and then faced Bulma again, only ten feet from her.
"It will be adequate I suppose," he shrugged. "Just as long as your idiot mother doesn't try and tuck me in."
"Don't give her any ideas," Bulma said, rolling her eyes. Vegeta wandered over and stood directly beside her.
He slid his arms around her waist, shifting till he was behind her. White gloved hands rubbed her arms then clasped around her lower belly. Lips close to her ear he whispered, "Where do you sleep, Bulma?"
"Down the hall," she said, shivering at the delicacy of his hands on her body.
"Considering the situation you should show me your chambers," he mumbled. She heard the note of disappointment in his low voice.
"Vegeta, they don't know," she whispered, blushing profusely. He squeezed her possessively to him.
"You're wise in that regard. I won't have these weaklings learning anything to take advantage of my situation. But after I learn more about this… world of yours… I won't turn you away if you wish to," Vegeta said, turning her around in his arms.
"What? Wait a second?”
"You do know that it is customary for a Saiyan royal to spend their first night apart from their mate in unfamiliar surroundings?" Vegeta asked, hiking an eyebrow. Bulma opened her mouth to protest, but shivered when she saw him bare his teeth and hiss.
“What's wrong Vegeta?” she asked, worried she'd upset him. He let go of her, growling in what must be his native tongue. It sounded to Bulma like a mixture of low grunts and snarls, very guttural.
“Someone's really getting under my skin. I hate interruptions,” Vegeta snapped, stepping apart from her. He vanished for a moment, and then materialized right beside the door. To her horror she saw him raise two fingers glimmering with bluish white energy.
"Don't... wait Vegeta! You can't just go blasting someone. This isn't Freeza's army or your home world!" she gasped, rushing over and grabbing his wrist.
"Why not?" Vegeta blinked.
"Bulma!" called her father's voice from somewhere in the distance. She hid her face in her hands and turned around.
"Oh gods. Wait here… don't move. There are fresh clothes on the bed… and you're going to HAVE to take a shower, you're a mess," she gasped, desperate for any excuse to be rid of him in case her parents walked in and started pestering her.
"What the hell is a…" Vegeta started to ask. Bulma rushed around behind him and shoved his back with the flats of her hands.
"Bathroom… that way, hurry up your Royal Whyness, can't keep your subjects waiting right?" she said, turning and pushing him towards the bathroom. He scowled and shoved her lightly away as she opened the door.
"This is ridiculous! How am I supposed to…" he spluttered. "It's your duty to instruct me in the manners of this rock pile!"
"Take your clothes off, get under the shower, and let it run. Here's soap, here's shampoo… hot is on the left, cold on the right, and this is how you dry yourself," she said, shoving a stack of towels into his hands. "Throw those clothes in the hamper there. I'm sorry but I have to go get RID of him or else he'll pester me."
"Bulma!" called her mother's voice. "Sweetie! Yoo-hoo where are you? I need your opinion! One of the guests is asking for some more decks of cards, and I need to know how many tables to set out, are you up there?"
“Coming mom!” she called. "Vegeta, I swear I'll be RIGHT back in a half hour to check on you, okay?"
"Wait a minute, come back here you," Vegeta snorted. "I'm not finished talking to you… HEY!"
"You're a smart guy, I know you can figure it out, sorry!" she squealed. Bulma rushed out quickly, blushing bright red.
Vegeta made to follow her, throwing the stack of drying cloths on the floor. He then stopped himself when he realized he didn't want Bulma's family to see how disoriented and flustered he was. Instead he shouted, “I haven't dismissed you yet! Of all the NERVE! Who does she think she is to just…?”
Growling, he yanked off his vest and dumped it on the bedside table. He began to remove the rest of his armor as he walked into the bathroom to figure out how the human 'cleanser' worked. Well if she wasn't going to do her duty, he'd have to remind her of that task when she next returned. He'd forgive her for the present because he needed to properly instruct her in the manners of royal protocol.