Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Namekian Blues ❯ Z Fighter's Retribution ( Chapter 59 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Toriyama created DBZ, and Toei Animation Co and Funimation own it. I only own Fermi, Bohr and Stellari, my fan characters. This is for entertainment only and I make no money writing this.
Royal Namekian Blues
A Z fighter's Retribution

Vegeta and Goku's argument had led to an uneasy truce between Z warriors and the Saiyans. Daily the Saiyans acclimated themselves to life on Earth at the hunting lodge while the others dealt with any sightings of the androids. Bardock and Kinoha spent several days getting to know their son and his Earth family, and Raditz new one as well.
On one such night, the family was getting ready for dinner. Fermi and Bohr were staying at Ox King's home on Mt. Frypan. The jovial father of Chichi had volunteered to take them in for a break from fighting, and they'd eagerly agreed. To them it was like having an instant grandfather to dote on them. Most of their family was gone since the advent of Red Ribbon. Stellari had no idea if her real family was alive or dead thanks to Dr. Gero and Commander Red.
Memories of an attack surfaced in Stellari's mind of another type. The day that Yamcha and Tien had done what seemed unspeakable. Angrily Stellari faced the reality that Yamcha's self-righteous fury might consume her and the children. As she confronted this, she paced back and forth outside the Son house. Nearby she heard the sounds of her mother in law Kinoha sparring with her two children. Finally she decided to put some distance between herself and the others to think of her own. Quickly she crouched on the ground and pushed off with one foot into the sky.
Kinoha laughed at the toddling of her grandson, holding his little hands and guiding him to walk forwards for every step she made backwards. Her fanged grin spread across her lovely face. She laughed, "That's good, very good!"
"They are young yet, Mother!" Raditz complained, looking on from where his other child Radzia clung to his thigh. She had managed to pull herself to stand next to her father with her tiny tail wrapped around his leg. His hands reached down to pick her up and hold her close to him.
"Aww don't say that, they're not too bad… considering they're just little guys," Goku said.
"Where's that daughter in law of mine?" Bardock grunted. He strode out of the Son house, his long shadow casting across the path and overtop Stellari's head and shoulders as she faced the setting son in the west.
"Better take her something warm," Chichi said, holding out a coat.
Raditz moved over holding Radzia, his daughter, while Kinoha looked up from Planck. The little guy looked a lot like Gohan, holding his grandma's shapely leg as she stood there. Bardock grabbed the coat from Chichi and strode forwards to the curve of the hill. Raditz moved to stop him, "Father, give her time alone. She likes…"
"No boy, she needs to listen to what he has to say," said Kinoha, grabbing Raditz arm and holding him back. Goku blinked curiously at her.
"I don't get it, why all the hush hush and stuff?" asked Goku.
"Now wait a minute!" Chichi spluttered.
"Saiyan tradition, boy," Kinoha said, turning to Goku. "Her battle goes on inside. I've smelled the tension and shadow of fear. He's going to have to get it out of her so she can focus on the fight ahead."
"She can't be expected to fight! Those androids will kill her!" Chichi spluttered.
"You don't know what you're talking about, girl," Kinoha barked.
"You might be Goku's birth mom, but don't talk to me like THAT in my home, sister!" Chichi snapped back, waiving her broom menacingly at kinoha. The Saiyan female bared her fangs and hissed. Chichi growled and stuck her tongue out at the Saiyan woman.
"Hmm, you're pretty tough. I like that," Kinoha said, backing off.
"That doesn't cut it with me! Flattery won't cure disrespect!" Chichi barked.
"That will stop me from beating you senseless, young pup," said Kinoha, with a gleam in her eyes.
"Name the place and time. I'm not pushover," Chichi glared back, meeting her mother in law's gaze.
"Ah, ladies please… not in front of the kids?" Goku asked, waving his hands. "I mean if you want to spar I'll be happy to take the little guys…"
"Goku at last you're being sensible. I'm going inside," Chichi humphed and strode inside, turning her back to Kinoha. The feminine Raditz clone chuckled and folded her arms. Leaning down she picked up her grandson and patted Goku's shoulder.
"You're too soft, boy," she chided him.
"I'm an earthling first, don't you forget it, ma'am," Goku leveled his gaze at her. Raditz opened his mouth to protest, still holding his daughter safely in his grasp. She twisted her tiny fingers around his mane of hair.
"Mind your manners, Brother!"
"I just wanted to remind you that's all," Goku said. "Sorry ma'am."
"You apologize way too much, Kakkarot," she said.
"I'm sorry but the name's Goku," he said with a sigh, gently moving her hand off his arm. "I'm goin' to spar. Wanna come with, Raditz?"
"He prefers his earth name, Mother," Raditz explained.
"It matters not. I shall watch over the children while you two spar," she said. "Come child…"
She took both grandchildren and trotted inside, toddling them as they wrapped their little tails around her gauntleted arms. Raditz sighed and turned to Goku. Nearby they heard Piccolo and Gohan's ki blasts accompanied by shouts and the meaty impact of fists on bodies.
"I'm sorry Raditz, but I don't know her as my Mother," Goku said quietly. "I'm just tellin' the truth."
"I expected as much," Raditz sighed. "Come, I'll spar with you. Show me what you've learned in that Time Chamber."
"Well sure you can keep up with me?" Goku grinned.
"You'll always be ahead of me, little Brother. That's destiny," said Raditz resignedly. He quickly looked back to where Bardock stood close behind his wife, their profiles highlighted in radiant blood red from the departing sun. Bands of crimson striated with blue slowly were fading against a chilly dome of quickening velvet black. Both Goku and Raditz blasted off, their white ki trails arcing behind them like comet tails. Nearby, Piccolo and Gohan nodded and then headed elsewhere to continue sparring before Chichi would shoe them inside.
As for Stellari she sank deep into thought. Whenever she glanced down at her hands encased in gauntlets lately she tended to remember those sessions in the GR chamber with Raditz. Images of the last day out flickered in her mind at just how more then human she'd become:
Those first steps outside caused Stellari to trip over her own feet. She landed on her side, bracing herself with one hand. Raditz instantly hovered over her so he could check and see if she was all right. More stunned then anything else she blinked up at her mate reaching down with both huge hands to pull her upward against his leg.
"Crap, you think I'd know better," said Stellari.
"Are you okay, oh my Kami!" Bulma yelped, clutching her cellphone in her hand.
"I'm… fine. Just my pride that's all," Stellari grunted. Raditz let Stellari lean against him and she realized that she had been walking as if still in Vegetasei normal.
"What the hell did you do to the floor?" Bulma swallowed, seeing the small indents.
"That was me," Stellari admitted. "I don't think training me in 10 gees was such a good idea after all Raditz."
"Nonsense, of course it was a good idea! You have to be able to face any menace to defend our pups after all! If something should happen… a Saiyan's woman always knows how to fight to protect her offspring…" Raditz interrupted.
"Um, guys, excuse me, it looks like you've got a bigger problem," said Bulma, pointing to the floor.
"I'll pay for it," Stellari said.
"I don't mean that. I can afford it. But Stellari you're going to end up like Goku if you don't watch it!"
"Now I know why," she mumbled, blushing. She and Raditz both wore suits of armor; he towered over them in the menacing brown and black of his original design while Stellari sported his blue and brown spare suit, except her tights stretched all the way over her legs and halfway down her arms.
"That's why I had you wear the armor before we emerged, love," Raditz explained. "I took a cue from Kakkarot. He always wears those training clothes to suppress his power level, I figured why not."
Leaning over Raditz grabbed something out of his boot and them wrapped two weighted bands around the base of her ankles of her blue boots. On her they came right to the knee, and the wristguards to her elbows. One-size fits all didn't always mean it would fit a female QUITE like it would a male.
"This way Mr. Raditz, Dr. Stellari," one of the hovering bots indicated.
"Better go with them. I'll see you two soon. I've got to check in on Trunks, and your boys are still at school before going to karate school at Yamcha's dojo," said Bulma.
"I'm going to have to withdraw them," Raditz said menacingly.
Stellari saw the killer gleam in his eyes. Angrily he tugged Stellari by her gauntlet wrist towards the door.
"Enjoying the view of this little planet, girl?" Bardock asked.
She snapped to the present, mumbling, "Hmm what's that?"
"It's not such a bad place when you get used to it, is it?" asked Bardock.
"It's all I know, Father," she said, looking over her shoulder at him. Bardock's hair fluttered a tiny bit in the breeze, while hers blew all over her face partly covered with the green tinted scouter visor integrated with glasses.
"That could change you know. There's a whole universe out there. Why limit yourself to this place?" Bardock asked.
"I just want a home and family. Too much fighting," she said.
"Bullshit. You're a fighter. You just don't like to admit you ENJOY it," Bardock prodded her ribs.
"Father, not now," she said.
"Girl, you have no time to feel sorry for yourself. Hasn't that son of mine told you about living in the moment? That's the Saiyan way," he said.
"I've given a LOT to the Saiyan way, Father. But I'm still a human," she glared at him.
"So I've heard. But like it or not you fight. Sooner or later you admit to yourself you are what you are and stop sulking and wallowing in the pity party the better for us. Or you're no use to us on the battlefield whittering like a weakling human female."
"If you're trying to goad me into a fight, knock it off, I'm not stupid," said Stellari, only slightly turning her head to look at him.
"You're too smart. Too smart to be a real fighter. Do you have what it takes, or are we going to have to drag you along like dead weight when your kids are threatened huh?" Bardock asked gruffly.
"Shut up, old man," she snapped, too irritated for niceties.
"That was a bit more Saiyan. But positively TOO polite, just like you humans are. Can't say I see why my son thought you were anything fit to be with one of us when there's still a bunch of Saiyan females happy to have his pups," Bardock laughed deeply, pushing her shoulder hard enough she almost fell over.
"I don't give a shit. Just leave me alone. I'm not in the mood to fight you."
"But I AM," Bardock snarled, shoving her from the side. Stellari yelped, leaning backward with her arms spinning almost comedically. One she righted herself then shot back as she pitched over the cliff. Bardock suddenly saw her plummet nearly a thousand feet. He shook his head, waiting and tapping his boot as he gazed down the precipice. Raditz would have his head for this but the girl needed a reality check.
He wasn't too surprised when something phased behind him, and a female elbow cracked at him from behind. His own wristguard blocked, and he whirled around to face her second block with the flat of his hand shoving her back. "HAAAH!" Bardock snarled.
The force of his thrust shot her upwards at least fifty feet in the air. Stellari crossed her arms and intercepted the blazing ball of green energy surging towards her. It was soon followed by a volley of others. "Perspex!" she shouted, generating a shield with one hand and then zipping left and right.
"RAAAAhhh!" Bardock snarled, zooming straight at her.
"Try THIS you old man," Stellari snapped, zipping away in a half arc. As he shot out after her, she doubled back and then hurled something from her right hand while maintaining her circular shield on her left arm.
"Atomic spike!" she shrilled, forming another glittering dagger and hurling it soon after the first, gleaming hisses of ki pushing it towards Bardock like a missile. He easily evaded the barrage of charged spikes whistling towards him.
"Child's play! Try THIS!" Bardock laughed, from behind her. He slipped his arms under her and she felt herself jerked back with his knee in the small of her back. He pressed down on her shoulders, kneeing her up before trying to break her back with another collision with his other leg.
Stellari squirmed hard, gritting her teeth as she guessed what he'd do. Her mind escaped her, any strategies fluttering away like fleeing birds in a strong wind. Instead of anything fancy she parted her legs and clumsily caught his one leg between her calves. Then she turned and spat in his face.
Bardock was startled just long enough to loosen his grip and tore his leg from hers while something hardened on his face over his eyes. Back and forth Stellari shook, struggling to get him to stop squeezing down on her armpits. At the tips of her fingers crackled energy desperately as she fought to keep from passing out. Again he kneed her back and Stellari screamed, cocking one hand randomly and gurgling out something. Two spheres of light flickered and hit his shoulder joints. He then let go and she let herself drop like a stone towards the ground.
"Dammit," Bardock laughed, tearing the thick plastic off his eyes. She was unusual, but finally she was starting to show some promise.
She panted. Her scouter bleeped, telling her Bardock's numbers were generating as he let out a whoop. Gritting her teeth she started to draw energy towards herself, knowing that whatever he was going to let off would probably be a big one. Too winded to generate plastic from the air around her she cursed, "Oh the hell with it."
"Riot javelin!' Bardock grunted, cocking back his hand and hurling a basketball sized blaze towards her.
Raising her hand high Stellari generated a sphere of swirling purple energies. "Saturday Crush!" she shrilled, lobbing it clumsily towards the gleaming missile almost atop her. She squeaked and crossed her arms over her face as she tried to block the blowback. Missiles exploded, knocking her and Bardock tail over head backward with its pressure wave.
"Huh, not too shabby. Amateur, but okay," Bardock said as he materialized next to where she hovered, panting. Sweat dripped on every square inch of exposed skin on her body, and Stellari turned to him, too winded momentarily to anticipate another attack.
"Go ahead, let's fight," she mumbled.
"That's more like it. But I'm done for now. You don't quite have the staying power yet, but you're not a pushover, I'll give you that," said Bardock, slapping her back playfully so she moved forwards. His other hand clamped on her right arm to stabilize her.
"Lucky me," she mumbled. Bardock opened his mouth to speak, but both of them saw the bleeping numbers flickering across their scouter lens. Except hers were in English while his were in Saiyanese.
"Drek, something's headed this way. 25 spans and closing from the north! Right for the house. And it's huge," Bardock grunted.
"Yes… but now it's gone…."
"Kinoha!"
"My babies," she spluttered at the same time. With a mutual nod they shot back towards the Son home as fast as they could go. Bardock's green energy aura sizzled around him while Stellari's purple one managed to almost keep pace.

Stellari and Bardock's duel had taken them a few miles from the Son residence. Back there things were heating up as they had months before.On the ground Chichi grabbed Planck around the middle and leapt into her car. Kinoha hurled a series of ki balls heavenwards as their attacker sent several ki shots to explode the trees around them. "Get out of here!"
"I'm not leaving my house damn it!" Chichi gritted.
"Listen to me!" snapped Kinoha.
"Mom!" Gohan shouted as he shot out from the sky, soon followed by Piccolo.
"Gohan, take her and run," Piccolo ordered, zipping in between Kinoha and the next volley of shots raining from the other side.
"Wait, they're not trying to hit my home," Chichi pointed out.
"Those attacks look like Kiko ha," Gohan panted.
"Get the kids and get inside the house. You stay with her, lady," said Piccolo to Kinoha.
"I am a saiyan warrior, a fighter, I will not stand idly by…"
"Gohan, get her the hell out of my way so I can fight! She's hopelessly outclassed!" Piccolo shouted.
"Sorry lady, but he's right," said Gohan, grabbing his grandmother's arm and yanking her as he took one of Stellari's twins under his other arm. Chichi already had made it to the door with the first.
"Dodon ray!" shouted the figure levitating overhead.
"Special beam CANNON!" Piccolo roared, touching his finger to his forhead and aiming the index and middle fingers of his other hand upwards to release the spiraling lance of death.
From inside the house, Chichi fought along with Kinoha to quiet two howling kids. Chichi held Planck while Kinoha had Radzia. Gohan rushed to the window to watch the fight, determined to protect his home at any cost. Kinoha rushed up to peer out over his shoulder.
"It can't be…" Gohan pointed in the sky ahead through the trees. "Mister Tien?"
"That jerk was trouble I knew it!" Chichi growled toddling a howling Saiyan boy. "Who the hell does he think he is."
"But he's one of our friends… why would he attack us here… he must not want to hurt us cause he's only using low intensity blasts," said Gohan.
"He's DEAD!" Kinoha roared, pushing Radzia into his hand and rocketing out the window. Before they could stop her she hurled a sizable blast towards the beam tug of war. Distracted by the unknown source of ki, both of them cocked their heads and let their blasts zing out of control. Piccolo's beam sizzled inches from Tien's ornate green robe, while the Dodon Ray exploded only a foot from the Son home.
"Not near the house!" Chichi hollered from inside.
"Please, you gotta stay and protect mom, mister piccolo and I are the only ones strong enough to fight him," Gohan said firmly as he caught his grandmother's wrist.
"You dare order me around brat?" she panted.
"You know I'm right. He's my friend and he'd just kill you," said Gohan firmly.
"Very well then, Gohan. I'll protect your mother with my life," Kinoha grunted, and he released her. Gohan raised both his hands and generated a Masenko beam just before his forhead that hit Tien's next volley.
Kinoha tumbled into the house, catching up Radzia in her arms. She darted over to stand near Chichi who was retreating into the bathroom with the second howling twin. Both women grimly glanced at one another and knew from the glittering numbers on Kinoha's blue scouter that they were ants against dinosaurs out there.
"Piccolo don't stop me! I don't want to hurt you like before!" Tien shouted.
"What is your deal! Attacking Goku's house is the stupidest yet! Are you insane?" Piccolo roared.
"I WON'T let you hurt my mother! I don't care if you ARE my friend you don't DO that!" Gohan gritted, hurling blast after blast at Tien.
"I don't want to hurt Chichi. I only want the Saiyan female inside who's threatening you!" Tien said, diverting all Gohan's attacks with a volley of hand movements.
"Who?"
"Grandma Kinoha," Gohan breathed. "Mr. Piccolo he's talking about…"
"I know kid," Piccolo cut him off.

Meanwhile Bardock and Stellari materialized near the raging battle. Stellari stopped Bardock with a hand on his arm when she saw Piccolo and Gohan were exchanging blasts without suffering damage from the green robed figure with a feather in his Red Ribbon Chinese style hat. "Who's that? It must be one of those tin cans!"
"That's Tien. And he's talking to Gohan and Piccolo."
"They're fighting! Let me go woman!" Bardock gritted.
"I… AHH!" Stellari gritted. Bardock's scouter bleeped at the same moment a ki blast from below knocked them both apart. Bardock managed to right his tumbling body before he crashed through a few trees. But
Stellari wasn't as fortunate. Drained from her fight with her father in law, she fell heavily groundwards, crashing through the canopy of trees.
Something green zipped in and seized her falling body before it could hit the ground. Bardock came to his senses and saw the bleeping of only one energy signature. A strange odor filled his nostrils, and he heard the impact, or rather didn't hear the impact of her body or a cry of pain to his surprise. Quickly he rocketed towards where his scouter pinged, only to block a sizzling blast.
"Show yourself!" Bardock snapped. The figure turned, holding Stellari balanced across his shoulders in a fireman's carry.
"Take care of the Prof. while I get the brats," said another figure, handing her off as it grunted disdainfully.
"All right," said the first.
"Not if I can stop you," Bardock snapped. He hurled several green blasts, which illuminated the faces of the two unknowns. For a split second he saw a scar faced youth with long hair standing opposite a boyish elfin face with cold blue eyes. Both wore orange scarves around their necks, their shirts green and their belt buckles gleaming with the R R logo.
"Oh please, don't tell me you're going to stop me, you old geezer," said 17, blocking Bardock as he raced forwards.
"Wait, that's Goku!" Yamcha stopped him.
"You're both wrong, and DEAD. Hand her over NOW!" Bardock snarled, stepping into the light. A ki blast did the talking as it exploded between them. Yamcha was tackled and pushed aside and up, still carrying Stellari and all.
"Well well," 17 said from far below. "I suppose I'll have the pleasure after all." Quickly he entered the Son home, a sneer on his handsome face. Once he took a step over the threshold, he glanced around at the small interior neatly furnished with second hand furniture and patched clothes.
"Lame," he said.
From out of nowhere a broom sizzled down. It broke into two pieces across his back. He slowly turned his head and looked into the dark furious eyes of Chichi Son. "Get OUT of my house, buster!" Chichi yelled.
"Oh please," he said. "Don't insult me."
He easily cuffed Chichi aside, sending her into the nearest sofa. She knocked it over with the force of impact, hitting the ground with a thud. A split second later, he whizzed his head around to train on the ki blast crackling and sizzling. Raising his hand he absorbed the energy through the nozzle in his palm.
"You there, get OUT of here!" a fierce female voice barked.
"Oh, yeah?" 17 asked. The longhaired figure pounced, her fist blazing with ki. Only one punch sent her hurling back the way she came, bricks and masonry flying back through the sizable hole she created in Chichi's wall. A small cloud of smoke hung in the air for a minute, which gave way to 17 stepping through it and kicking aside the female body that lay there.
Snarling the female grabbed his other leg and twisted her body again. 17 shot over, whistling into the nearest tree and breaking it with a splintering snap like someone breaking a hundred Popsicle sticks. Kinoha's eyes blazed bright, and she raised either hand to the level of her face, energies crackling from her fingertips.
"Double Sundae!" she cackled. Two beams swirled from her palms and shot forwards cutting through anything in their path. Instead of blocking, 17 merely rose and shook splinters off his body. He spanned both his arms, thrusting his chest forward to intercept the beams. To Kinoha's surprise he didn't look the least bit surprised when her signature attack adopted by her son exploded against him at point blank range. Cruelly she threw back her head and cackled at the demise of the stranger.
"Something funny, bitch?" 17's voice mocked with a small chuckle.
"But you… that was my strongest attack…" Kinoha stammered.
"You call THAT an attack. Don't insult me. You're hardly worth my time, monkey bitch. You only managed to singe my scarf after all," 17 said, striding forwards and brushing off the sleeves of his shirt.
"Then I'll have to try harder, you skinny girlyboy," she taunted, zipping out. The sounds of combat echoed through the woods for miles but didn't last for long.