Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Saiyan Games ❯ Confessions of a Saiyan ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok this is the disclaimer. I don't own the rights to DBZ that's the privilege of Akira Toryiama I am not profiting by writing this story, I'm just a huge fan with far too much time on her hands *^_^* please don't sue!Part five

Vegeta watched Bulma run out of the gravity room slightly disgruntled at her last words, but the annoyance didn't last long. He had other things on his mind. When he was sure she wasn't going to bother him again he let his legs relax and fell to his knees. Whilst she had been in the room he had controlled the pain that rushed around his head, but now he couldn't ignore it any more. It was amazing to him how quickly she had recovered. He was a Saiyan and the after affect stopped him dead in his tracks. Maybe these earthlings were more resilient than he had originally thought. Whatever it signified, it could only at best serve to slightly distract him.

For the first time in Kami knows how many years he had come face to face with his father. The suddenness of it all had almost made him loose his cool in front of her. That smile! It was so unnatural for him to witness, but then again he really didn't remember that much about his father. This only confirmed what Vegeta had already half known. Everything that Frieza had told him was a lie, probably aimed to coerce him into doing what he wanted, but now he had met the real King of Vegeta-sei, not the weak uncaring man that Frieza had portrayed him as, but a powerful ruler with (if not affection) at least concern for his son. It was intriguing to say the least. The anger he felt at realizing this was intense, but if it hadn't have been for a certain blue haired female he wouldn't have minded half so much. His chest felt heavy. Maybe it could mean that…?

What was he thinking? Did he really want to lay himself open to her like that? "Not even on a cold day in hell!" was his first thought, but then it hit him. He listened to the inner voice that had been gradually getting harder and harder to ignore. It whispered something that made him shocked at himself, and even though he had thought it many times, the reality of it all came crashing down. He knew now that he couldn't continue to stay disinterested. Up until that moment, whatever he had felt, he had known that he couldn't do anything about it, but now… now it was different. He hated to admit it, even to himself, but he needed her to be his almost as much as he needed his ki to fight.

He looked at his scouter in total disbelief. Since an early age it had been a necessity and now, when the only reason he kept it was for the game, it was strange to think that it would probably end up changing his entire life. He lay down on the floor looking up at the domed ceiling and finally letting his thoughts turn onto the one thing that had been driving him insane ever since he had decided to return to earth. There was a way after all. It meant certain relaxations of customs that he had held close ever since he was little, but it was possible. Unfortunately there was something he needed to know first, and she was the only one who could tell him what that something was.

Bulma sat at her desk in the offices of Capsule Corporation the next day with the files that were piled up on the corner untouched. She sat staring out of the large glass windows and watched the raindrops skim down the curved glass, engrossed in all thoughts Saiyan. Ever since Vegeta had left the Senzu she had thrown herself into her work. She didn't really need to be there, but it was a much-needed distraction, and after the previous nights game playing was more necessary than normal. She couldn't believe what was happening to her. She wasn't supposed to be feeling this way. At least not about Vegeta!

Distractedly she picked up a pen and twisted it in her fingers. She wondered what he was doing just then. She wondered if he was thinking about her and more importantly if he ever thought about her seriously at all? She sighed. How could she let her thoughts turn against her like that? She knew that he didn't care. She had to stop herself from thinking about it. She pulled her scouter out from a drawer in her desk and looked it over, trying to figure out if there was a way of playing the game without the company of Raditz's Saiyan body. She shook herself. There she was, thinking of Saiyans again. "Aw man this has got to be bordering on obsessive!" she thought to herself and sipped the cold mug of coffee she had been dreamily staring into for the passed half hour.

Pulling a face and entirely disregarding the mug, she swivelled around on the chair to get up. The least she could do was give her mind some direction if she was going to think about him. She rested her hands on the glass almost pressing her nose up against it and looked out from the third story window to see the gravity room that rose up on her mothers perfect lawn. Rain cascaded off the top and created rivers of water that fell into muddy puddles at its base. Streams of light poured out of the portal shaped windows and reflected off the water, creating a strange atmosphere that stole around her father's buildings and brought hints of color to the otherwise grey and depressing morning.

For a good ten minutes she stared out at the light show mesmerized. She curled her feet up under her bottom and sat at the ceiling to floor windows completely disregarding the work she didn't really need to do piled up on the desk behind her. Only her breathing brought her back to reality. As she exhaled her breath misted up on the cold glass, making it impossible to see anything outside. She sighed and defogged it with the sleeve of her designer jacket and continued to peer out. The lights that had been continuously streaming out suddenly stopped and she saw Vegeta emerge from the confines of his gravity room. He flew up onto its curved roof surrounded by his ki, not minding the torrential rain as it beat down and letting his head tilt back he looked up at the clouds.

Heavy raindrops fell and drowned everything in sight, but Vegeta was unaffected. The water evaporated as soon as it touched the blue energy that surrounded him and created a cloud of steam that only added mystery to his already obscure character. Bulma's attention was caught. The blue light that surrounded him intensified and she watched with unwavering determination as the storm clouds above his head parted sending a shaft of bright sunlight over his training room. The wind picked up and the rain in close proximity to him stopped falling to form a twister off water around his beautifully sculpted body. A bright swathe of white energy exploded out from the water evaporating it in a second. Vegeta stood in the midst of it all, laughing manically and preparing to power up even more.

Bulma was snapped out of her previous distraction by the blinding light as it rushed over her office and the entire Capsule Corporation. Angrily she slid the window open and stuck her head out of it. "VEGETA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT! YOUR GONNA DESTROY MY ENTIRE HOUSE!"

Vegeta smirked at her from across the lawn, "LETS SEE!" he shouted back, piling on more energy being careful to make it look impressive. He had no intention of destroying anything, even though the thought was quite appealing, and controlled the energy keeping it concentrated close to his own body. He would probably regret it the next time he did any serious training, but it was worth it. He was about to humiliate himself and there was no way he was going to let her have it all her own way.

"Humph!" he sneered after powering up to barely half of his full potential, "It appears your precious house is unharmed. Oh well! I guess that means I might actually have to break into a sweat!" he said lowering his stance and pulling his arms back to his waist. He looked over into Bulma's direction and tried to control his features as he felt the corners of his mouth turning up into a smirk, "GALIC GUN F…"

"VEGETA!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!"

"Just a little target practice!" he said not being able to hold back the smirk any longer and bringing his hands forward, "FIRE" he shouted letting the purple energy fly from his hands.

The energy flew at her and Bulma could feel the heat radiating of it as it came closer and closer to the window she was looking out of. She was immovable from surprise and watched dumbfounded as Vegeta made the powerful stream of energy twist and turn at the last second, missing the house completely. It skimmed up the glass and flew harmlessly into the sky exploding into tiny fragments of energy that rained harmlessly down onto the earth below.

Bulma was livid. She pulled her jacket down in defiance and stuck her head out of the window. Vegeta was in fits of laughter, which only served to make her even angrier, as she stared at the scorch mark that blackened the buildings exterior, "BAKAYAROU!" she shouted out to him with the after affects of shock still pulling at her senses, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST DID THAT!"

"You should be grateful!" he said looking over his shoulder in her direction, "That's usually the last thing people see when they insult my abilities as you did last night!"

"Oh get over it jerk!" she shouted back. "Don't you have better things to do than scare defenceless young women? Does it make you feel special?"

"I don't know about special!" he said smirking, "But it was definitely entertaining."

"Ugh! What? You mean to tell me that you just scared the crap out of me because you were bored? Haven't you ever heard of reading a book?" she asked trying desperately to tame her temper as he flew up to the window she was looking out of.

"Normally I would have just done it for the look on your face!" he spat, "And I must admit that it was priceless, but I have to speak to you."

"And you had to almost blow me to pieces? A simple hello would have sufficed!"

He just smirked in reply.

Bulma wanted so badly to be mad at him at that minute, but the playfulness that snuck across his features as he looked at her was strange. It was exceedingly rare for him to be in such a good mood. "All right" she said placing her hands on her hips and glaring evilly at him "If this is about food then I am not going to be happy! If you're hungry then you're just gonna have to make something yourself!"

"Ugh, this has nothing to do with food. I only just ate." He replied angrily.

A pause followed this and Bulma's brain skipped into over-time. She rested her head in her left hand, and sighed. "Ok!" she said gritting her teeth and preparing to get annoyed, "What have you done to it this time?"

"What?"

"If your sweat has short circuited the central computer again Vegeta! I swear I'm gonna find some way to kill you!"

"Oh for Kami's sake woman! Aren't you ever going to let that go?"

"No I am most definitely not! It took me days to reprogram it last time and did I get any thanks? I can't believe this! I'm already behind with my work as it is! Why did I ever say that you could stay here?"

"You told me that yesterday!" he said smirking, "It's because your stupid human emotions got the better of you!"

Bulma was speechless.

"And don't worry, the gravity room is working fine, even your stupid computer. I have no desire to talk mechanics with you!"

"Ah ha!" she said brightening up and walking over to her desk drawer. "So you want a rematch!" she exclaimed getting out her scouter out and clipping it into place.

"Yes." he said amused at her train of thought, "but not now!"

"Well then stop playing games with me Vegeta and tell me what you want. And the least you can do is be polite and come in! It's getting cold in here with the window open"

He growled, but did as she asked bringing a shield of water in with him. Once inside he closed his eyes and powered down. "Are you happy now?" he asked looking at the water stain on the carpet.

"Ugh, just tell me whatever it is that you want! I haven't got all day!" she snapped sounding very Vegeta-esque.

"You're the one who jumped to conclusions, if anyone's wasting your time then it's you! All I need to know is what happened after you beat me last night?"

"How do you mean?"

"JUST TELL ME!" Vegeta shouted annoyed at her lack of enthusiasm over something that he deemed extremely important. Then he remembered that she didn't know why he wanted to know and relaxed a little, "I wish to know what my father said to you." He said in a strangely tolerant voice, "It's absolutely essential that I know."

"Why?"

"It's just important, that's all. Now tell me!"

"Fine! But it wasn't anything fantastic. All he said was that I was strong to have been able to beat you, and that I was an asset to the Saiyan forces. I think he said something about me being a true warrior, not bad for a weak human huh!" she said proudly. Silence followed, but Bulma wasn't surprised. She walked over to her desk to pick up a file and sat down trying to turn her thoughts from the bizarreness of a certain Saiyans mind. Patience was never one of her strong points though and when the silence got too much she closed the folder and asked, "Why are you so interested anyway?"

Vegeta didn't answer, he couldn't. Too many emotions that had never touched him before burst through his chest, clouding his senses and making him oblivious to anything else. He exhaled heavily temporarily winded by the sensation. The expression that spread across his features, as his brain registered what she had just said, was strange even for him. His scowl was lost and the lines of his forehead were smoothed away. His eyebrows relaxed allowing his strong features to shine through. "You really want to know why what you just told me is so important?" he exclaimed moving over to the chair she sat in and using the back of his hand to clear off the folders from her desk.

"No!" she said sarcastically, "I just asked you for the fun of it! Duh! Of course I want to know!"

"This is why!" he said seeing the look of anger in her eyes that made him go crazy and want her more than anything else in the universe, even Super Saiyan. Caught in her gaze he didn't give a second thought to his actions and reached forward to hold her head in his gloved hands. He leant in until he could feel her hot breath on his cheek and shivered at the sensation before moving closer to bring their lips together. He held it there enjoying the feeling of her soft lips against his own, and moved a hand away from her face. It slipped down her back and pulled her effortlessly out of the leather seat. He was so wrapped up in the feeling of her reciprocating the kiss that he almost forget that he had to explain a few things before he could go any further. Grudgingly he let his head fall back.

"V-Vegeta?" Stammered a completely stunned Bulma, "Where did that come from?"

"You didn't want me to do that?" he asked smirking and licking his lips in satisfaction.

"More than anything!" she managed to say through the huge smile that spread across her face. "But I don't under stand Vegeta why now? Why…" He didn't allow her time to say anything else and put two gloved fingers to her lips. He lowered his head into her neck, pulling her close and breathing in the sensation of being so close to her. He gloried in her scent, and the feel of her soft feminine skin against his own. It felt so unbelievably good with her wrapped up in his arms, and if he didn't have some explaining to do, he might well have claimed her as his own right there and then. It was going to be difficult for him to speak of things that he had never shared with anyone in his life before, but it was necessary. She had to understand what this meant. It wasn't something that he could take lightly. "Bulma?" he began looking satisfactorily down at the beautiful woman in his arms. "I need to tell you something!"

"Sure Vegeta," she smiled up at him realizing that he had used her proper name. It sounded so good coming from his lips. He put more emphasis on it than most people did, rolled it around his tongue and hissed it out in a way that made her heart clench, "You can tell me anything!"

"I need to talk to you about Saiyan culture." He said nervously, "In particular Saiyan mating customs!"

"If this is the birds and the bees chat Vegeta," she grinned, "Then I'm afraid my parents already beat you to it!"

"This is important!" he growled angrily. "You need to know what your about to get yourself into! You need to understand what this means. I have no desire to trick you!" He turned away from her and loosened her arms from around his neck. "What I am about to tell you is extremely important!" he continued, shaking his head. "And I need you to listen very carefully do you understand?"

"Sure Vegeta!" she smiled.

Secure in the knowledge that he had her undivided attention he took a deep breath and began to speak, "I have found it hard ever since I was wished back to this planet to adjust to your customs and ways of life." He started awkwardly, "It is amazingly difficult to learn all that I need to know. Saiyan and Human cultures are so wildly different that I have had to make a lot of allowances since my arrival here. The same could be applied to when I was under Frieza's control. Allowances were necessary to adapt to my situation. And while some customs could be easily ignored, others I found could not." He paused unsure if he should continue. Bulma put a hand on his cheek making him remember that he was doing this for a very good reason. "As soon as I learnt of my Fathers death, all hope for one aspect of my future comfort, was destroyed with him. Along with my Father, died my home world, and any chance that I ever had of finding a Saiyan mate. Contrary to what you might think, Saiyan women were treated very well on Vegeta-sei. The numbers of female births were disproportionate to the number of male, and as a result females were always valued and protected.

Naturally the lack of women caused a lot of problems. It wasn't an easy fact for a lot of Saiyans to accept, and many looked to other planets for their entertainment. This view of things split the population and created a lot of controversy. The effect was felt all across Vegeta-sei and was frequently discussed in the Palace. I remember hearing on numerous occasions that different soldiers amongst the Saiyan elite had been relieved of duty due to participating in alien sex.

It's hard to remember, but I think my Father was a sympathizer. As Ruler of the planet though, he had no choice but to publicly declare his support for the pure Saiyan policy. For a member of the Royal house of Vegeta to take an alien as a mate, therefore, was never to be thought of, and when the planet Vegeta was destroyed, I made a secret pact never to mate. At that point the thought of lowering myself to taking an alien was not acceptable. Others of my few remaining soldiers found alien women, but I concentrated on the one thing that I deemed to be important and my training became my only priority. I have always had a fascination for the female species, but nothing has ever made me want to weaken myself so much as to take that interest any further. I have always considered affection as the ultimate weakness, and still do."

"Vegeta you don't have to tell me all this!" she said, not particularly liking being thought of as a flaw in his otherwise outstanding Saiyan pride.

"Yes I do!" he snapped, "You have to understand that being with you would never have been publicly accepted on Vegeta-sei. I would have been striped of my rank and ostracized by the palace and possibly society as a whole. Knowing this made my situation all the more difficult when I got wished back here and met you. At first I wouldn't allow myself to care. I dismissed the feeling that stirred inside of me whenever you were close, and tried to come up with every imaginable excuse to account for what was happening to me. But even though I have tried over and over again to convince myself that I am not so weak as to need a mate I still can't seem to get you out of my head.

The minute you finally got around to dumping that worthless human I knew that things were going to have to change, but it wasn't until you found the Senzu that I knew things had gotten really out of hand. At first the look in your eyes reflected what I had expected to see. It was complete confusion and I liked it, but my feeling of triumph didn't last long and something I hadn't expected to see took the place of your confusion. A smile crept into the corners of your mouth as you studied the note trying so diligently to understand what it said. It took me by surprise."

"You were watching me?" she asked in absolute astonishment.

"Yes," he said firmly, "I watched from a safe distance after I left the Senzu and when you rushed out onto the balcony and fell into the chair I had to use all my speed to get away before you saw me. I left for the forest and stayed there the whole time I was away, trying, but failing to disinterest myself. For a while I had thoughts of going into space to finish my training undeterred by the distractions here, and I still might, but something stopped me from leaving. I don't have much, but I have my pride and as such I always keep my promises." He stopped there and unclipped the scouter that was still attached to her ear. "The Link is an amazing piece of technology, don't you think?" he said looking over the small machine and smirking before laying it gently on the carpet beside them, "And finally, with your help, I have completed it. I had an idea what the final stage would be like, but I never knew for certain. When the level changed for the last time and I saw the throne room, memories flooded back into existence that I had long since forgotten. Frieza always portrayed my Father to me as a weak, spineless man who would rather sacrifice me than loose his throne, but one look at him during the link convinces me that this must be false. I knew that if only you had his approval, then it would be enough to satisfy my conscience. Taking an alien as a mate is still a strange thing for me to deal with, but my Fathers admission of your worthiness as a fighter means that I can forgo Saiyan customs and do as I wish."

There he stopped and freed himself from her arms to look out at the rain.

"So you want to take me as your mate?" she asked incredulous. He stared out of the window and without turning to look at her lowered his head into a nod.

Not liking the space he had put between them Bulma walked over to where he stood and let an arm slip over his shoulder. Her body pressed up against his back and she had the satisfaction of feeling him flinch under her touch. To her astonishment though he closed his eyes and shrugged her off. "You are to hasty," he said regretfully, "I haven't finished! There are still important things to be discussed. What you Humans regard as mating and what Saiyans do is not the same! The closest comparison to it in your culture is marriage. It is generally accepted in Saiyan society that when you mate, you mate for life. Lower class Saiyans never held this rule as concrete, but for the upper classes, and especially royalty, to break this is unthinkable. You have to realize therefore that if we go any further you will be making a commitment to me. It will be unbreakable."

"So in a round about way you're asking me to marry you?" she asked suspiciously almost pinching herself to try and determine if this was real or not. Her thoughts had turned against her so many times in the passed few days that Kami only knows what weird fantasy she was playing out in her own mind this time.

"No." he replied firmly "I'm asking you to be my mate. There is a difference. The choice is now yours. All you have to do is tell me what you want and if you do not wish for this then I will say no more about it." At this point he turned and his ebony eyebrows were sternly clenched together as he looked over to where she stood trapping her gaze with his own.

Tears welled in Bulma's eyes. He had compared it to marriage. It was what she had wanted from the earliest age and here was the proudest most arrogant person she had ever met in her entire life, offering it to her, without even the least resentment in his voice. Her heart somersaulted at the thought. There it was. He did care! The fire that she had seen the morning after her accident had been real feeling after all. It was only that it had been repressed so well by someone who wasn't used to showing his emotions that it had been such a slight impression. Now the distant something that had shone in his eyes that day returned, working on all his features and laid his heart open just for her. She felt guilty about carrying on with Yamcha when really she had known that this was exactly what she had wanted, and needed ever since the day Vegeta had returned from space. The full force of her emotions flooded over her making it necessary for her to turn away as the beginnings of a blush started to tinge her cheeks red.

"Tell me at once!" Urged the Saiyan staring at her with fire in his eyes, not liking the way that she had turned away from him, "If you do not want this, then I will continue my training in space and only come back to beat those androids in two years time."

"And if I don't want you to go?" she asked lifting her head to smile at him through aquamarine bangs, letting the tears flow freely down her face.

"Then you should say as much!" he said walking up to her and brushing the salty drops away. "And stop wasting time with these nonsensical tears." Their eyes met and he leant in to speak into her ear. "Will you be my mate?" he growled seductively.

In an instant she fell into his chest burying her head in the side of his strong neck and nodded. "Yes Vegeta!" she managed to get out through the sobs, "Yes, Yes * sniff* Yes!"

Her tears did not annoy or upset him. It was good to see how much she cared. His whole life was about to change. Whether it would be for the better or not, he wasn't entirely sure, but that didn't matter. Nothing would make him change what he had done. Saiyan culture could go to hell. His Fathers opinion and his love for her eclipsed it all. She was his only weakness and he thought with pleasure of being able to destroy those androids with his bare hands, just so that she would be safe. He put his arms around her tiny waist, pulled her into them and sat her on the edge of the desk.

Bulma lay back on the top and smiled as he joined her. "So what now?" she asked, her voice dripping with seductiveness.

Vegeta knelt over her as she lay back on the wooden top and let his arms fall either side of her head lowering his body over hers. He gently laid kisses up her neck reaching her ear to softly whisper something into it.

Bulma giggled, "And what exactly is involved in a Saiyan mating ritual Vegeta?" she asked arching her back as he grabbed hold of her thighs pulling her hips up to meet his.

He stopped the attention to her neck and looked into her eyes, hovering millimeters away from her, "A lot more than you might think!" he replied with a smirk, before letting his head drop to meet her lips with his own. But that's a whole different story.

The End.

Ok that's it for now please R&R. I have a couple other works in the pipeline including a sequel for this story, if you guys like this story then I'll post the others *^_^* So review, review, review!