Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Say the Words ❯ Say the Words ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragonball Z or any of the characters, but I just love Bulma and Vegeta. They're just so cute!

* * *

Bulma walked into her room and heard the shower running. She was very tempted to join her Saiyin warrior but changed her mind. She could have passion with Vegeta anytime. Tonight was a night for cuddling and she was going to cuddle with her husband even if it killed him.

With that thought, she went into one of the other rooms to shower and change. She returned to a surprise. Vegeta was still in the bathroom. `That's strange,' she thought. Vegeta was usually in and out of the bathroom. `Oh, well' she thought. Bulma grabbed a book and climbed under the covers. She would just have to wait on him. She was in a cuddling mood and damn it she was going to be cuddled.

* * *

Vegeta climbed out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his slender waist. He walked over to the sink and braced his hands against it. He lifted his hanging head to look at the mirror before him. What was he going to do? He'd heard Bulma come into the room. Was she waiting up for him? Had she changed her mind? Was she going to ask him? What would he say if she did?

Vegeta ran a hand through his damp hair. It had already begun to stand up again. Damn, his talk with Kakarot hadn't helped at all. Kakarot had told him to wait and the words would come to him, but he was a Saiyin prince and he didn't wait for anyone or anything. `Yeah right' he thought. He picked up his toothbrush and finished getting ready for bed.

He stalled as long as he could before entering his bedroom. He walked in to find his mate propped up against the headboard with a book in her hand. She looked up and smiled at him. Man, he loved her smile.

Not giving her a chance to speak first he asked, "What was wrong with the boy?"

"Trunks? Oh, nothing."

`She said that awful quickly' he thought, but he decided not to press the issue. Instead, he walked over to his closet and dropped his dirty clothes in his hamper.

"Did you enjoy yourself today?" Bulma asked offhandedly

"No."

"Oh, come on, Vegeta. You spent the day eating and sparring with Goku. You can't possible convince me that you didn't enjoy yourself today."

Vegeta climbed into bed next to her. "Let me set you straight on something, woman. Sparring with Kakarot is not the absolute highlight of my life."

Bulma mimicked her husband infamous smirk, "Is that so?"

She was deliberately trying to bait him. As much as Vegeta loved their little sparring matches, he just wasn't in the mood tonight.

"Quiet woman, I don't want to hear any of your crap tonight."

Bulma's smirked turned into a smile as she set down her book and turned off her lamp. She then snuggled into her husband's arms. Vegeta reluctantly wrapped his arm around her.

"I love you … Veggie-chan." Bulma said softly as she began to drift off to sleep.

Vegeta felt her breathing even out. He looked down at her beautiful blue head. Knowing this was probably as close as he would ever get he softly whispered, "and I love you." He knew he had made a mistake when he heard her sharp intake of breath.

Bulma's eyes snapped open. She must have been dreaming. But when she looked up into his eyes, the eyes of a father, a prince, a warrior, a lover, she knew she hadn't been dreaming.

"Vegeta you didn't have to-. I mean I already knew-. I understood that-."

"Quiet woman."

Bulma stopped her stammering.

"Those words were for you. I may never say them again, but I thought you should have them just this once to erase any doubt you may have."

Bulma considered what Vegeta had just said. She hadn't needed them but it was nice to hear him say the words. She understood what it took for him to say them and she looked up at him with gratitude.

"Thank you," she said softly and kissed him lightly on the lips. Then she snuggled back into her previous position and went to sleep with a smile on her lips. Vegeta soon followed her.

* * *

Well there it is my first fanfic. You guys probably knew how it was going to end from chapter one but I hope you liked the way I got there. I've enjoyed all your reviews (especially yours Susan). So let me know should I continue writing about everyone's favorite couple and all their friends or should I throw away my pen and paper and never bother you guys again (tear). Please R&R. Oh, and thanks for reading.