Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ The Prince's Pricey Rescue ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances For Bardock's Son's
The Prince's PriceyRescue
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball. I only own Tomic, Cabernet, and a few other fan characters. Toriyama and Funimation Toei Bird Studios Shuesha own DBZ. I don't get rich off this! This is Fan fiction! Don't sue me!
-------------------------
How had they gone wrong, Raditz wondered? The images of the last few hours burned in his mind. He had finished his transaction on Aztec and collected two million Aurites for his job, plus a few slaves to send back when Nappa's distress call reached him. It took a week to reach him in the pod, and when it finally landed he had emerged to a wasteland of bodies.
 
Oceanus was ninety percent ocean. What amazed Raditz was the presence of grey choking smoke in the atmosphere when he first cracked open his hatch. He coughed; glad his Saiyan lungs could filter out the ash and particulate matter. Fires billowed up from patches of oil slicks bobbing here and there. Raditz's pod floated lazily on the dense oceans, and he managed to push it to the beach nearby. Waterlogged bodies washed up with the advancing tide lapping at his toes. Sand was stained green and black with ichors and bodily fluids.
 
“Great Oorzu, this is overkill,” Raditz shuddered. While he was hardened against major damage the wholesale slaughter made even his stomach turn. Even though Raditz decimated many planets, he usually gave the inhabitants a chance to surrender. His standard proof of loyalty was the sacrifice of one hundred inhabitants piled up in groups of fives by the major leaders. Then he would decide if the indigenous peoples deserved death at his hand or life as slaves if requested by his employer.
 
Some employers wanted no native life forms, so he would start by destroying the armies first. With a quick series of explosions peppering major population centers, Raditz disintegrated major cities. The explosions killed swiftly and cleanly. Then he would hunt down the armies. If two warring factions fought one another he would play one against the other to kill each other, and then confront the survivors. If there were nuclear weapons he would disarm them and let them kill each other like civilized beings while he watched. Then the victors died a warrior's death. So had been Aztec's fate.
 
But this was wholesale slaughter. Nappa's trademark. Unfortunately the planets seas swarmed with bodies and trash. Rubble lined the beaches with the faint tentacle bodies of the Squiddoids. They lived both beneath the surface and in the surface cities. Two factions existed. The terrestrials in their carapaces versus the water breathers. If he had been on the case he would have given superior strength to the warriors who fought without devices so they could wipe out their enemies. Then he would wipe the victors out in a vast hunt.
 
Idiots! This planet isn't fit for ANYTHING!” Raditz cursed. He always was careful to leave the natural resources of whatever planet he purged in good condition. Clearing the `vermin' often meant the intelligent beings. The wildlife he ALWAYS left intact. Then came the job of putting whoever was left to clean up the pollution they'd dumped into their habitats.
 
“Gods what happened?” Raditz wondered, punching his scouter. “Nappa, Cabernet, can you read me?”
 
“Raditz! Thank Father Oorzu! We've found the Prince's suspension pod. Lock in on our signal and bring the armor with you!”
 
“What's happened? This planet is a wasteland! WHY? You know they won't pay us if it's polluted by our takeovers!” Raditz bellowed, pacing around the beach. He kicked the trash and bodies littering the beautiful white sand in disgust.
 
“Vermin!” he cursed. “You can't even take care of your own planet. Good thing we're taking it off your hands.”
 
 
“Raditz! Get here as fast as you can! They've betrayed us! The contract's off!” Nappa gritted.
 
“How?”
 
“Petra has killed Brecchus. As soon as I landed they knew I was coming. They attacked me but I did my best to slaughter them… then Cabernet…”
 
“I was tricked as well! The planet I tried to clear was already worthless. The inhabitants had destroyed themselves with neutron bombs. It's riddled with radiation. Quick! We need you! There's too many of them!” Cabernet's voice blared.
 
Raditz snatched the canister of the Prince's belongings he had so carefully preserved. Armor, a scouter, and new garments were neatly packed away with vials of Saibamen for the Prince's training. Clutching it under one arm he barked orders to the pod to seal itself. Then he rocketed into the polluted air, hacking as he went. A thin sheen of gold ki enveloped him, and he shot over the thick blanket of clouds. Once above them he saw the vast ocean through the gaps. As far as the horizon he saw the grey streaks of oil. The entire atmosphere surged with billows of flame from h ere and there, as the cheap petroleum used by the Oceanjins burst into fire one after the other.
 
Artificial reefs built of concrete and steel lay twisted and broken. Across his scouter bleeped the homing signal, Nappa's battle power of 23000. Apparently he had kicked it up a notch. Unfortunately the planet's moon had been blown to dust, he could tell by the new ring of particles settling into orbit around the vast blue grey sphere.
 
“Worthless after all,” Raditz lamented. “What a waste of a good planet.”
 
On the main continent he blasted inland. Vast armies lay strewn with broken land tanks and amphibious boats. He saw the telltale scorch marks that bore witness to an Oorzu form letting full with his powers. Hadn't Nappa learned how to generate artificial moonlight?
 
“No,” mumbled Raditz. It would have to work if they were to rescue their comrades.
 
In a vast circle marked with a trench two Saiyans blasted the waves of remaining Ocean-jin troops back. The water breathers marched up in ranks, their bubbling aqualungs hooked to the vast goldfish bowls covering each tentacled head. Nappa's armor was pitted and cracked. Corpses, some of them half eaten by the look were piled into makeshift barricades. Two space pods were huddled, with a large regeneration tank partly shielded on two sides by a ruined wall. Further inland he saw the spires of what had once been the capital city of the land dwellers, smoking and charred.
 
“Saturday CRUSH!” Raditz bellow, lobbing a purple sphere to blast his way through to them. Cabernet backed away towards the regeneration capsule, containing the body of the most priceless treasure.
 
At the center was Nappa and Cabernet, fighting for their lives. Against a full-armed battalion of Ocean-jin armed with Androni mind amplifiers. Raditz threw himself in the fray, cutting through the waves of troops. He reached the two Saiyans closing ranks around the space pod.
 
"What's going on?"
 
"Took you long enough!" Cabernet gasped, holding her side. Blood stained her hand as Nappa held back the army in a wide ring. He spat a huge blast into them, causing them to scatter like ripples caused by a falling rock in a pool.
 
Raditz, dropping to a landing gasped, “What's going on?”
 
“Nappa, hold them off, I'll show him,” Cabernet gasped, pulling him inside. Nappa hurled another megaton blast, and then bellowed to the newly sprouted line of Saibamen. There were only ten left, and they were already tearing their way into the encroaching armies.
 
In the shelter of the ruined walls Cabernet crouched, rubbing her hand over the main bubbled dome of the regen tank. With his face hooked up to a mask, the young Prince's eyes were closed as if in peaceful sleep. “They had him in this fortress. Nappa broke in, but then they all started attacking.”
 
“What went wrong?” Raditz whispered, setting down the canister of the prince's things.
 
"Get it open, and revive him. Then get him the HELL away from here while I hold them off. We've been betrayed!" Cabernet shouted.
 
"Right!" Raditz nodded, punching buttons on the side of the suspension capsule.
 
“AS I said before, we were betrayed. The world I was sent to purge was already a wasteland. The two surviving bands of people were blowing each other to shreds. There's little left. It's just as bad as Arlia was…”
 
“Damn it,” Raditz cursed. He stabbed buttons on the regen tank's mechanism.
 
“I'm glad you know what the hell you're doing. Guess your old man taught you some science after all!”
 
“Shut up. I've started the revivification sequence, but it will be at least another thirty minutes before it disengages and it's safe to take him out,” Raditz mumbled.
 
“When I came here it was in the nick of time. Nappa and I have been holding out here. We managed to keep them back for two months, but they kept attacking. First with their monsters, then with some crack troops. They took out some of our Saibamen, and we've been eating the dead. They taste HORRIBLE,” Cabernet made a face, spitting out whatever she was chewing on.
 
“Drek. It only took two months for me to clear Aztec. They gave up, and I called Turles to get the survivors. The tree's almost ready for harvesting. But then I got your distress call and only just landed a few minutes ago. What should we do?”
 
“You bring the prince around. I'll do what I can to help get Nappa and me out of here. If we don't make it, you have to take charge of the Prince…” she said. Reaching at her belt she threw him several psycho chrome discs.
 
“What are these?”
 
“Discs to bring him up to speed. And we've tried to contact that mate of yours, but these bastards on Mantissa set up a scrambler that won't let us get anything through. It took some ingenuity to get your scouter!”
 
“Damn it all,” Raditz cursed. At last the revivification clicked into halfway. All around them the screams of the dying resounded.
 
“Stay here,” Cabernet barked. She rushed out again to plant the last vial of Saibamen that Raditz handed her from his emergency kit. Soon another line of green warriors sprouted, marching into the fray to be blown away.
 
"These are Mantissan devices," Nappa yelled. "Get the Prince to safety whelp! You gotta go NOW! To the ruins! While you have a chance!”
 
Fluid drained out from around the Prince's prone body. Reaching in, Raditz grabbed the semiconscious figure and rocketed away from the fray at top speed. He knew that it would take precious time for the Prince to come out of his suspended animation. Cabernet and Nappa were buying it for him.
 
The ruined palace loomed ahead. Gently Raditz cradled the sopping wet body of his Prince against his chest, while holding the canister of belongings at his hip. Wildly he glanced about, his scouter bleeping at the sign of any enemy. Fortunately no battle powers existed inside. He landed, rushing into the doors. The large metallic gates were ajar. He kicked the door open, and then shoved the latch down with his elbow. Quickly he rushed through the various chambers.
 
At last he found a suitable place to hole up and get to work. In the cover of a small building he discovered sleeping chambers. Most of the furniture remained intact. Into the central bed chamber he carried the Prince, noting the vast canopied bed laying untouched. Piles of discarded clothes and scattered bits of treasure gleamed in the ghostly grey light seeping in from the high set windows.
 
Raditz dropped the canister. Carefully he strode over to the vast bed, and set the Prince down on it. Wet oozing fluid puddled into the soft sheets. He propped Vegita's head and shoulders up with one of the cushions that were made of natural spongy material. When he was satisfied the Prince was comfortable he turned back to the canisters. He opened up the cases of armor and other effects needed.
 
Upon a low table he cleared of food dishes he arranged a gleaming white breastplate with gold shoulder flashes. Next to it he placed an armored skirt, and a set of gloves. Neatly folded was the AE suit that went underneath, one size fits all. Spotless white boots were set next to a top of the line scouter, straight out of Bardock's workshop.
 
“Wonder what they got to eat around here,” he mumbled. Raditz scouted the area for any foodstuffs. Minutes later he returned with containers of emergency rations and a set of gold encrusted dishes. Painstakingly he set them out on the table by the armor, judging what was safe to eat. The Prince would be ravenous when he came around.
 
AS Raditz continued preparing the food, his ears twitched with a low groaning. His dark haired head swirled around to behold the small figure stirring on the bed. Slowly Raditz tiptoed forwards, hoping not to startle the Prince, because his scouter bleeped with the upsurge of battle power. “Ten thousand. Low for him, but promising,” Raditz mumbled in respect.
 
Slowly the small figure opened dark eyes, his face twisting into a scowl. Snapping bold upright the Saiyan no Ouji leapt to his feet, then stumbled on the vast bed. A blue sphere of energy crackled from his hand, crashing inches from where Raditz dropped to his knees.
 
“Sire! It's me! You're safe!” Raditz shouted, averting his gaze.
 
"Where… what's going on!" the Prince rasped, rubbing his eyes. Vegita plopped down on the side of the bed, holding his stomach. The burst of adrenaline petered out.
 
Raditz rose from his crouch, rushing over to kneel immediately before his master. He reached for Vegita's shaking hand, rubbing it over his widow's peak covered forehead. "Sire, you're awake! And not a moment too soon!"
 
"Who's there? I demand to know what's going on!" the Prince rasped, shakily sitting up. Fluid dripped down from his torn garments. His crest of dark hair fell haphazardly around his face.
 
"Nappa and Cabernet have rescued you. They're facing some obstacles. I'm trying to protect you till you recover,” Raditz said as Vegita shakily stood up. Although his inclination was to help the young ruler, he knew the Prince was very proud, so he backed away.
 
Shakily the Prince staggered forwards, then braced himself on his guard's shoulders. Slowly he pushed himself up to stand while Raditz remained crouched. “Get me up, idiot,” he mumbled, indicating Raditz was free to help him stand on his own.
 
“I know you don't want help so I…” Raditz stammered, afraid of what might happen if he insulted the young ruler. Fortunately Vegita was more than willing to let him lead him over to a nearby chair sitting before the table he had set.
 
"What's been going on? How long have I been asleep? Damn it!" Vegita shouted at him. Although he was a diminutive Saiyan, his body crackled with terrible blue ki at that moment. It evaporated the fluid from him before he sat down.
 
Raditz draped a salvaged blanket around his master. He said quietly, "Easy sire you've been asleep for two years standard. Much has happened. This scouter's been programmed to beam the information into your mind. And I've fresh armor for you there and food.”
 
“Humph, I see. Well, at least someone has some sense around here,” the Prince mumbled, rapidly devouring what was set before him. Between bites he glared expectantly at his soldier, who waited for leave to speak.
 
"Well, what's going on? That fool Paragus will have much to answer for. Where's Freiza?"
 
"Slain at Broly's hand," said Raditz, sitting Indian style before the Prince's table.
 
"Bastard! He denied me my revenge! Where is the traitor now?" the Prince cursed, leaping to his feet. Dishes scattered as he slammed his fist down.
 
“On Alvegasei,” said Raditz. “The new home world.”
 
“I see. So where are Nappa, and the others?”
 
“Only a few are loyal to you. Myself, Commander Turles, Sub commander Nappa, his family, and mine,” said Raditz. “And all of their crew. But there are none others we know of now.”
 
“You'll be rewarded for your loyalty, make no mistake. But those who did this to me shall pay dearly,” the Saiyan no Ouji growled.
 
“I will be pleased to slay them with my own hands as you command,” Raditz nodded.
 
“Brave and loyal as always, even if you are somewhat literal minded. A pity your father's intelligence didn't grace you completely. But no matter,” sighed Vegita. He snatched the blue bodysuit from the table, and began to pull it on.
 
Quickly he donned the chest plate, and then stamped his feet into the gold toed boots. As he dragged on the gloves he saw Raditz punching buttons on his scouter. Catching the scouter tossed to him he slid it over his ear, punching the button to activate it.
 
“Nappa and Cabernet are holding off our enemies. You'll see that there are discs to update you on the events that transpired while you slept,” said Raditz.
 
Vegita grunted, catching the discs and inserting them into the side of his scouter. He sat down on the chair, folding arms across his chest to let the events flicker through his mind. Slow meditation gave way to the barrage of images that made him ill.
 
“Drek, this is intolerable!” he cursed. “What a cock up this is!”
 
"I'm sorry sire. We bought your freedom at a terrible price. But we knew it would be worth it that you could reclaim what remains of the race from Broly. He's insane!"
 
"Wait a moment fool! I'm only just downloading the info now!" Vegita snapped as he sat down on the bed.
 
“We did all we could, as you can see,” mumbled Raditz.
 
“Well, you are proof that there are some I can trust. What's this about you finding a mate? What took you so damn long?”
 
“I was waiting for the right opportunity, sire. There was an interesting contract we took, that brought Nappa and me into a parallel dimension. The Destroyers were capable of making devices that could transport our pods across space time sideways.”
 
“True. And what's this about another… me?”
 
“We saw you alive in this other universe. On a small blue planet where you ruled the inhabitants. Your powers were incredible to behold, and instead of bothering you and enlisting the aid of your doppelganger we left him be. And knew that if we found you, that you'd grow in power to surpass the legendary,” Raditz said.
 
“I know I'm destined to be a Super Saiyan fool, my own father said so!”
 
“Broly achieved it, sire,” said Raditz as Vegita watched the images of Broly's transformations. He shivered when he saw a much older version of himself in futuristic streamlined armor, spreading his arms.
 
“That's me! But damn I look so fucking old,” Vegita grumbled. “At least I still have my good looks. And who in HELL is this blue haired WENCH hanging on me?”
 
“I don't know sire. She's the mate your other self chose. And you produced a son and a daughter.”
 
“These creatures are so pitifully weak and you expect me to believe that my other self MATED and created an HEIR with it?”
 
“The half breeds were so powerful, Sire. They're very much simian in nature. While our ancestors retained our tails, my father hypothesized that these ningen, on a planet called Earth were descended from tailless primates. They're just like us, except for their weaker bodies and lack of ki.”
 
“Interesting. But what has THIS to do with me? Is this a preview of what I could achieve? How is it possible that I…” he trailed off, seeing the terrible transformation his other self underwent. A small smirk grew into a maniacal grin.
 
“I knew you'd be inspired. This version of you achieved super Saiyan at a far greater age. What's to say you can't achieve it now?” asked Raditz quietly.
 
“Is it only because of this small blue planet?”
 
“Something about that world is conducive to achieving Super Saiyan. My younger brother in that universe ALSO achieved the same power. And he had offspring that did as well. Your son and daughter in that time also did so. But they were of greater power. But yours was equal to that of my brothers…”
 
“Humph the nerve. But in all honesty this is quite refreshing. Does that Father of yours know if this world exists in THIS universe?”
 
“Yes it does sire. But the events you see here happened twenty years ahead of our universe's time line. There is a being who knows the events intimately. And she is now on this universe's Earth.”
 
Unfortunately Raditz had forgotten to tell him of the other most important artifact. While he heard Tomic's talk of `dragon balls' he figured it was delusional ranting. Great objects of power, called Philosophers stones were another elusive treasure. But he had see no such objects when he left with Nappa and the female alchemist.
 
That twist of fate was strange indeed. Prince Vegita quietly regarded his foot soldier, with a smile upon his young visage. He nodded slowly, and then stood up. Resting his boot on Raditz's shoulder as the soldier crouched before him he said, “Well done son of Bardock. You've proven your worth. I look forwards to speaking to this mate of yours. Is she there now?”
 
“She should have landed. But Nappa and Cabernet need your aid. Our last customers, the ones that showed us where you were, betrayed us. They gave their devices to the inhabitants of Oceanus, and they are capable of the same power levels as we,” said Raditz.
 
“Show me, so that I might slay these losers and show them the price of crossing the Saiyan Prince,” Vegita laughed. Forming a white gloved fist, he generated royal blue ki. Raditz nodded, rushing out and leading the way. Both Saiyans rocketed into the air, blasting off from the ruins. Within seconds, Prince Vegita and Raditz joined the fray.
Back on Earth a search was taking place. For about an hour Bulma Briefs sped across vast forests and other lands. While she could have taken a hydro jet or hovercraft, she preferred feeling the wind whipping through her blue hair. It didn't seem fair that the Z warriors could fly and she couldn't. Even Goku had learned how, even though he rode Nimbus most of the time instead. Glancing in her rear view mirror she saw two white streaks racing out of the west towards her. They blew up into orange specks, then the figures of two familiar young men in fighting gi. It was Krillen and then Yamcha, wearing their orange fighting outfits with the Kame-sennen patches on the right breast and back. Yamcha's black hair fluttered past his face like a banner, free in the wind. "Bulma, what are you doing here?"
"You heard about it too?" she asked, glancing into his handsome face. It was twisted into a concerned frown.
"Yeah, something about a monster from outer space frying Red Ribbon guys to a crisp. Major weird. I don't like it," Krillen commented. “Master Roshi sent us guys to check up on it.”
“I was headed to warn you, Bulma, but I guess you heard it already, huh?” Yamcha said sheepishly.
“Don't worry about that. Let's just figure out what's going on,” she said to him.
"Tien and Chiaotzu are on their way as well," Yamcha said. "We're gonna check it out, Bulma. What has your dad said?"
"He's going nuts on the phone. If the Red Ribbon army's survived, Capsule's in deep crud," said Bulma with a glum look.
"Could this be what Baba foretold?" asked Krillen.
"That energy was ki," said Yamcha. "I sensed a huge energy that was WAY beyond anything I've felt."
"King Piccolo?" asked Krillen.
"Maybe. But that doesn't jive with what that woman said on TV about a space warrior woman," Yamcha said.
"A what?"
"You don't always watch TV first thing in the morning, huh, Bulma?" Krillen teased.
"Excuse me," Bulma snorted. "Explain that wisecrack?"
"Um nothing Bulma it's just that I saw on the morning news something weird happened. Some armored space alien landed and carried a baby to the hospital in North City last night. People said she glowed purple, and it made me wonder what the HECK it could be. It doesn't' sound like Piccolo," said Krillen.
"I saw it on TV too. They had video footage," said Yamcha. "If you turn on your bike's radio they might be showing it still. It's on every TV newscast on ZTV."
Bulma flicked on the TV screen on her air bike's console. She saw the ZTV reporters preempting and chatting about something strange. Behind the newscaster's head was a huge question mark overtop a flying saucer, and she gawked. Shivering she saw the black and white security camera footage flashed seconds later on the ZTV news brief update.
"Eyewitnesses reported seeing a figure about six feet in height, wearing black armor and carrying a baby bassinette about 2 am. Apparently the figure, who was female, spoke in English, dropping the baby off at Orange Star County Hospital. She made no threatening moves, but when approached by police, she moved at blinding speed. People are advised to remain indoors and calm while local authorities investigate…"
"That's crazy. She moved so fast it's like…" mumbled Bulma.
"Like Goku does?" asked Krillen. "Man… and that's not all…"
"Wait a minute, what's this?" asked Bulma, gasping as she saw the footage of the being turning. Something furry waved before the camera, then wrapped around the creature's waist.
"That woman… had a TAIL! And it looks JUST like Goku's did!" Krillen spluttered, looking over Bulma's shoulder as they flew along.
"That's weird! How on Earth…" Yamcha spluttered.
"Look out for that TREE!" Bulma squealed, gunning her bike at the last second.
All three Z warriors landed seconds later, at the sight of the farm. Smoke still hung thick in the air, smelling of charred flesh and ashes. Armored vans and tanks stood nearby. Policemen and Imperial guard soldiers milled about, taking specimens while scientists and investigators waved strange radiation meters around. Bodies were being put in black bags, zipped up over charred figures.
“Let's hide here and watch,” Krillen suggested, pointing to a stand of trees on the edge of the field.
Glancing around the tree, Yamcha narrowed his eyes. He grabbed a pair of binoculars Bulma pulled out of her small utility pouch she wore like a fanny pack around her hips. Krillen squinted; crouching on Bulma's other side. Bulma shivered, held back by Yamcha. He frowned, peering at the sight.
"That's a red ribbon vehicle all right. And it looks like they were flash fried…" said Yamcha. He handed the binoculars back to Bulma, who took a look herself.
"I'm sensing some major ki everywhere. It's so strong it's still all over the place," Krillen shivered.
"I feel it too, buddy," said Yamcha, shaking his head. "This is way beyond us. Something that powerful let off such a blast the ki's still humming in those bodies and everywhere around us."
"Nobody's THAT strong," Krillen swallowed.
"But those two farmers bodies they found were not burned. Why?" Bulma asked, still peering through the binoculars. “I just saw them putting the bodies onto stretchers. That must be the coroner finishing his report.”
"I felt that ki at 2 am," said Yamcha. "That's why I came this way, instead of stopping by yesterday.”
“I'm glad in a way you didn't visit me this morning. My dad was on his `I can't stand Yamcha' rants,” Bulma fumed.
“Aw baby I'm sorry,” Yamcha sighed. “Were they um… giving you a hard time about the bouquet and garter?”
“Yeah. But we can't talk about that now,” said Bulma. Krillen sighed with relief, wiping a sweat drop off his bald head. The last thing they needed was a lover's spat in the middle of trying to remain hidden from view.
“We're not alone anymore guys,” Krillen said.
“Who?” asked Bulma.
“All right, we've got backup,” said Yamcha, nodding in relief to Krillen.
"Near north city?" asked a familiar voice, making Bulma flinch.
“Keep it DOWN you,” she hissed, finger before her pursed lips.
“Sorry,” Tien apologized, crouching on his haunches behind the other three Z warriors. Chiaotzu moved over, his head level with all of them.
"Hi guys, you know what's going down?"
"Keep it down you two," Bulma hissed. Tien and Chiaotzu glanced around, hiding in the shade of a bush. Bulma threw down a capsule house, and bade them enter.
________________________________________
Tomic had streaked off after Bulma on her bike, keeping herself at a much higher altitude as she masked her own potential. Then she sensed that three huge battle powers. 709 burst out of nowhere. It stunned her. Following her bleeping scouter she dropped to a standing position near the hiding place of her space pod. Three traces not one comprised the 709 battle reading and they were all in some place with two weaker ones. Adjusting her scouter she scanned through a cloaking field, to triangulate them.
Soldiers moved off. She winced, noticing that a power level of 330 was increasing its pace. Was that Goku? Then the other trace suddenly vanished, leaving her flustered. Whatever it was she would see soon. Soldiers cleared away her bodies, and left the site unmolested. Slowly a domed hut flickered into life, and she saw the door open. Tomic ducked down behind a nearby rock to watch the occupants exit.
Two orange gi clad figures stepped out, one bald and one with long black hair flowing around his shoulders. Next another bald man, a head taller then the other with three eyes emerged accompanied by a small white faced child. She shivered, recognizing them instantly.
Suddenly the three of them gasped. Tomic clamped down her ki, shivering. They looked at one another in fear, and then relaxed. “I just sensed a MASSIVE ki again, and then it was gone,” mumbled the three eyed warrior.
“I sense an alien mind. It's sad, and now it's blocking me,” Chiaotzu whispered.
“Where?” asked Tien.
“You two go find Goku. I wanna look at the site now the guys are gone,” said a female voice. To her shock she saw a young woman with bright blue hair and a Capsule T shirt and jacket stride out. Much younger then the woman she knew, it was unmistakably still Bulma Briefs, of this world.
“She's a scientist. No wonder she's investigating. And those other two must be Krillen and Yamcha. But they look so different,” she mumbled.
That power level of 330 was only a mile distant. Bulma strode confidently in the company of Krillen and Yamcha. Tien and his companion rocketed off, leaving them alone. Yamcha and Krillen exchanged glances, watching Bulma pull out several pieces of equipment.
“What?” she asked.
“Um Bulma, Krillen and I are sensing a HUGE ki right now,” Yamcha said nervously.
“It's probably Goku,” said Krillen. “Good.”
“But Goku's at Korin's tower,” said Yamcha. “Do you think?”
“Bulma, maybe you'd better go back to the capsule house while I check it out with Yamcha,” said Krillen.
“No way! I'm not staying back!” she snapped. Just then the two men swallowed hard as a purple meteorite burst through the clouds. The ground rumbled, diesel smell splitting that of hay and corn.
From her hiding place, Tomic punched her scouter. “What the?” Tomic wondered, and then saw at least 100 traces of puny battle power on the ground, and the source of the 330 hovering overhead.
“Bulma, now,” said Yamcha. “Back away. Something's coming!”
“What?”
“It sounds like an army and heavy vehicles. Get down!” Yamcha exclaimed. “Bulma, get out of sight! Krillen stay with me!”
“But that power… it's right on top of us!” Krillen gulped.
“I refuse to just sit back while you have all the fun!" Bulma huffed.
“C'mon Bulma, don't' argue!” Yamcha snapped, pulling her back.
“Fine, but don't get killed you guys!” she snapped, entering the capsule house. Tomic slowly crept forwards, watching the two Z warriors edge up and peer around the trees.
“Oh shit,” Yamcha gasped, as the source of the ki landed. Through the trees a white cape flapped in the wind, off the shoulders of a tall seven foot figure. From the tips of his pointy boots their eyes trailed up to a dark blue fighting outfit, red sash, and a high turban atop his head. Two antennas protruded under the brim, shading huge dark eyes. The figure folded his arms, and turned to glance around at the ruined fields. Police tape fenced off the Red Ribbon Vehicles.
“Your majesty, it's as you sensed,” said one of the commanding soldiers, stepping off a huge tank. Tomic gasped, recognizing the green alien.
“Huh, then where are they?” asked the green skinned King.
“Your father called them the red ribbon army, milord,” said the uniformed figure that appeared to be the leader, wearing a similar turban and shades. All the soldiers wore turbans, pointed boots and blue uniforms with red piping, and the name Daimyo on their backs.
“Mercenaries,” Yamcha whispered.
“Its… its… it's King Piccolo. But he was dead!” Krillen stammered, his knees knocking together.
“Captain Scarlet, I know that. Tell me what the hell happened here! Looks like they were decimated by some powerful blast!” said Piccolo, glancing around. Tomic sensed he was far younger than she recalled, slenderer as well.
“We're dead meat,” Yamcha gasped.
“Wait a minute, I'm sensing some runts. HEY, whoever it is, you can stop hiding from me. I know you're there!” Piccolo barked, raising his hand. He fired directly at the bush. Yamcha and Krillen shot out of the way, scattering as they soared away.
“Who dares disturb King Piccolo the second!” Captain scarlet yelled.
“Come out, I know you're here!” Piccolo grunted, rising into the air. “My men or I will find you! You can run but you can't hide!”
“This way,” Captain Scarlet motioned, barking orders to his troops. To her shock Tomic saw his battle power was a modest 100. High for a human. He rocketed up, levitating as a Z fighter did. Within seconds he zipped around and grabbed hold of Krillen who had just tumbled out of a bush.
“Oh no!” Krillen gasped. “Yamcha, get out of here!”
“Let him GO!” Yamcha shouted. Throwing back his hands he shouted, “Spirit ball!”
A huge blue sphere the size of a basketball surged out of Yamcha's hand, crashing into Captain Scarlet. Piccolo turned, seeing the flash. He aimed a blast downwards. Krillen shot free, kicking away from Scarlet. Troops scattered, firing at the two Z warriors.
“Bulma get away,” Yamcha silently pleaded.
“You… I know you,” Piccolo shouted. “You're… Z warriors!”
“You won't take us alive!” Yamcha shouted. “KAMEHAMEA!”
A sizzling blast shot from the desert bandit's hands, towards Piccolo. The Namekian laughed, deflecting the blast with one hand. Krillen dropped before Scarlet, as Yamcha faced off against Piccolo.
“Leave us. I'll handle this garbage myself,” said Piccolo. “So, you challenge me, human? I see you wear the same colors as Master Roshi. Tell me where I might find the one called Son Goku, and I might let you live!”
“No way man!” Yamcha snapped. “Even if I knew I wouldn't! Krillen I'll handle him. You get that other guy!”
“Right,” Krillen snapped, kicking off a rapid series of punches from Scarlet.
“You're fast, baldy,” he laughed, swinging punches. “Stand back men! Search the area.”
“All right, you asked for it. You can send Goku a message when he finds your rotting corpse!” Piccolo grunted. He shot forwards, and Yamcha circled, nailing him in the back.
“Wolf fang fist!” Yamcha shouted, swinging his hands in swiping arcs. One of them slashed across Piccolo's face, then his chest.
“KYAEEE!” Piccolo shouted, swinging up his fist and punching Yamcha to the ground. The Bandit grunted, rolling over out of the way. Meanwhile Krillen flipped and spun evading the punches of Scarlet. Red balls of ki slammed into him, and Krillen barely managed to block and deflect each one with a rapid flurry of hands.
“Try this!” Krillen shouted, his china flat shoed feet peppering Scarlet with rapid fire kicks like a jackhammer. Scarlet laughed when Krillen landed back, cracking his disjointed head back into place.
“That was all you have?” Scarlet laughed.
“Oh great,” Krillen groaned. He raised his hand skywards, and formed a small bright disc.
“You really think that feeble thing is going to do anything? I'll let you have one good shot, baldy,” Scarlet laughed.
“Destructo disc!” Krillen yelled, lobbing it. It zinged past Scarlet, who easily dodged it.
“Fool, you missed,” he laughed.
“Shows what YOU know,” Krillen chuckled. He ducked, and the whirling disc shot back around in a graceful ark, passing over his head and slamming right into Scarlet. Although he held up his hand to deflect it, he suddenly screamed in shock as blood splattered his face. In disbelief he saw his hand rolling on the ground, and his wrist was a stump cleanly sliced diagonally.
“You die!” Scarlet howled.
Yamcha shoved Piccolo off him with booted feet. A punch slammed into his face, and he slammed his knee into Piccolo's gut. The Namekian laughed it off, slamming a punch into Yamcha's gut. Groaning, Yamcha crumpled, hugging himself. Tomic swallowed hard, narrowing her eyes. She raised her hand and aimed a small sphere directly at Piccolo's skull as his back was turned. He grunted as something impacted with his head, knocking him over with a blinding blast.
“Hey you there! Face me instead!” Tomic shouted, rising out of the bushes. Scarlet and his men suddenly gasped, seeing the new warrior entering the fray.
“What the HELL is that?" Piccolo got out. “Who… what are you?”
“Leave the humans alone, Namekian,” Tomic said. “Please.”
“You're messing with the wrong guy, lady,” Piccolo snarled, glaring at her. He rubbed the back of his neck, staring at the woman. Suddenly his eyes widened in horror.
“What did you call me, woman?” Piccolo demanded.
“You're from a planet called Namek, far from here. You're not from this world, or don't' you know?”
“Why should I care?” Piccolo snarled. “Mind your own damn business before I…”
“Step away from them now, and I won't hurt you,” said Tomic clearly. “I mean it, Piccolo.”
“How do you know my name, answer me?” Piccolo grunted. Yamcha staggered to his feet, using the chance to move towards Krillen who was holding his own with Scarlet. The soldiers stood back, their guns trained on the dueling men.
“I know more than you can imagine, Namekian. Leave them alone,” said Tomic. “I won't ask again. Don't make me use violence.”
“Your majesty, I hate to interrupt," said Scarlet, as Krillen shot away from his grasp. He held his stump of a wrist to his jacket while punching his earpiece with his good hand. “Our lookout has just spotted someone else approaching fast!”
“Shut up! You, tell me who you are!” Piccolo snarled. “Before you really piss me off!”
“I'm an alien being from another planet, just like you are Namekian! My name is Tomic, Third Class of Nappa's squad. I'm a Saiyan Warrior sent here to look for those like me,” said Tomic.
"Those like you? What the HECK are you?" Piccolo demanded.
"Surely you've seen something like this before?" she asked, unfurling the long tail around her waist. "Look familiar?"
"It can't be... it's just like... nah wait a minute, how could it possibly be?"
"You have?" she asked.
"But Goku was just a little kid... if you know him then you're really in trouble. He's my sworn enemy, and you just blew your chance of remaining alive!"
"But I'm looking for Goku so I can take him AWAY from this planet! Don't you see he's one of my species? And if I get rid of him then you won't have to WORRY about him anymore!"
"Sounds tempting, but no thanks. I want to beat the crap out of him for what he did to my father," Piccolo shook his head. "Now if you're wise you'll haul off and tell Goku to come and meet me to settle this."
"But this Goku doesn't KNOW I exist, or what he really is, that's the problem!" she snorted, levitating back.
“Sire! Something's headed this way! It's the Red Ribbon army!” Scarlet shouted. “And they outnumber us ten to one!”
“Retreat now!” Piccolo said.
“Retreat!” Scarlet barked, moving off into the bushes. Piccolo returned to Tomic, who hovered there in midair. Levitating, he rose to face her.
Strange whizzing discs shot over the trees, causing both warriors to turn their attention away. A second later, Tomic's scouter bleeped urgently. “Behind you!” she cried, seeing a blurred movement zipping up from the direction opposite Piccolo's mercenary force.
“Oh come on that's the OLDEST trick in the book,” Piccolo grunted. Something slammed into his gut, knocking him aside. Tomic gaped at the sight of a large purple skinned being that remotely resembled a fictional horror character. Complete with neck bolts and stitching, the being levitated just as they did.
Another figure materialized, shaking purplish blue hair. Female eyes blinked and a laugh tittered, swinging a punch at the black armored Saiyan. She whirled around, blocking the punch of the attacker. Slender, feminine and about her height, the newcomer wore a silver jumpsuit with red ribbon markings, flying with the aid of a rocket pack in her back.
“Naptime, monkey lady,” she giggled.
“Shut up!” Tomic warned. Piccolo grunted, swinging punches at his Frankenstein attacker.
“What are you!” he wolfed, then felt a prickle in his neck. Something snapped around, and he felt a cold band of metal forming a collar. Energy crackled.
“Just surrender. It won't hurt if you do,” said the Frankenstein being. “I don't want to hurt you.”
“I… you… curse it,” Piccolo gasped, feeling his life force draining.
“Piccolo!” Tomic shouted, turning from her attacker.
“Bedtime for Bonzo,” tittered the purple haired female. She shot out her hand, clamping a similar collar around Tomic's neck. Groaning the Saiyan turned, firing a blast at her. It fizzled in a second. Her energy ebbed away with the bleeping of the band at her throat.
“Kuso… a ki… damper… how…” she groaned, plummeting to the ground. Crashing next to Piccolo, she rolled over to stare into the face of a white haired old man wearing a tall fur hat.
“Well done my dears, 7 and 8,” he purred, glancing at Tomic with blue eyes from beneath craggy brows.
“Here you are, Doctor. Two creatures for your amusement,” the female laughed.
“You won't hurt them will you, Master?” asked the Frankenstein.
“My dear no. 6, you've outdone yourself. And no 8, don't worry they'll be quite entertained. I'm going to make you some new little friends once I've studied these two. Pick them up and carry them back to base. I'll join you there,” said their white haired master.
Colonel White rushed up, his face badly burned, but his uniform immaculate. “I told you they were powerful, didn't I?”
“Yes. But what is this green being?”
`The son of King Piccolo they say. And this is the bitch that nailed me and killed 100 of my best men,” White snapped. “What is she?”
“She resembles the other brat who decimated our organization those years ago. Luckily I was able to rebuild no. 8. But these two will do QUITE nicely,” said the scientist.
“Right Dr. Gero. But we'd better move before we're detected. Should we go after those other costumed clowns?”
“No, let them go fetch their friend. I'm sure Son Goku will love to pay his old FRIENDS a visit. And when he does, these two will kill him, and exact my revenge,” Dr. Gero laughed. “Especially THIS one. I see she has a tail just like his…”
“A tail? Should I cut it off?”
“No, leave it. I want to study just WHAT it does. I didn't think that creature Goku had a relative. I thought he was just a freak of nature. But it seems this is a fully grown monkey creature. And in strange armor. I wonder,” Dr. Gero mused.
In the meantime Bulma Briefs slowly rounded the capsule hut. She saw the strange showdown between the black armored figure and the Namekian. It amazed her how easily both levitated twenty feet in the air; their eyes riveted in a death match stare.
Her blood froze when she saw the Red Ribbon army. Quickly she ducked out of sight, sticking just behind the nearest bushes. She wanted to shout when she saw first Piccolo, then the alien woman attacked. Gleaming metal devices snapped around their necks, crackling.
Bulma's eyes widened in horror when she saw both powering up, only to plummet to the ground. The instant their ki shells powered up, the small bands crackled with t heir own energies. Her scientific brain reasoned they must be ki suppressors or scramblers capable of blocking energy so it couldn't be focused for an attack. Yamcha and Krillen had soared away into the bushes, no doubt looking for her in the capsule house.
Nearby, the alien female had landed; her body sprawled out on one side. As the craggy featured Dr. Gero exalted with his two operatives, Bulma saw the ape woman slowly turning over. Amazing that she was still partly coherent, groaning to herself. Slowly she crept out, moving over to the female in surprise.
Dark eyes opened up, fixing on her in surprise. Bulma suppressed a squeak of alarm, seeing the furry band flickering around the female's waist. Slowly the woman reached up and grabbed the strange device off her face. With a last burst of energy she flung it far into the bushes. Bulma yelped, rushing away when she saw the shadow of one of Dr. Gero's creations turning to the fallen Saiyan female.
“Get away… woman,” groaned Tomic, her eyes falling on Bulma.
“Who… what are you…”
“Get away… Bulma,” she said.
“How do you know my name?” she was about to ask before she darted into the trees.
Heart pounding she rushed in the direction of where the scouter had fallen. Harsh laughter and the whooshing of rockets told her that the Red Ribbon army was departing. Something gleamed in the sunlight, through a gap in the trees, alerting her. Within minutes she found it, sunlight gleaming off a green tinted visor. Bulma reached out and picked it up, turning it over in her hands.
“Bulma, there you are!” gasped Yamcha, grabbing her up and rocketing into the air. Bulma yelped, nearly dropping the scouter as she realized she was flying high above the canopy of trees.
“Yamcha what are you doing!” she shouted.
“Shh! We're getting away before those Red Ribbon clowns follow us!” Yamcha hissed, clapping his free hand over her mouth.
“You almost scared the hell out of me!” she mumbled when he released her lips.
“Whatever! What were you doing? You could have gotten killed or worse!” Yamcha scolded her.
“In case you didn't' realize it, I was TRYING to take a look at that alien woman who saved your asses!” she snorted indignantly, squirming to get comfortable. Yamcha swung her so he held her under her knees and back, love cradle style. She slid one arm around his neck, and placed the scouter into her utility pack.
“Too bad she was captured with Piccolo,” said Krillen.
“But we should have helped her,” said Bulma. “She had a tail just like Goku's!”
“That doesn't mean a thing, Bulma,” said Krillen. “She's as dangerous as he is! Her ki was WAY more powerful then even Goku's!”
“Still…”
“Tien and Chiaotzu are gonna find Goku and send him to Capsule,” said Yamcha.
“Luckily I got that lady's device right here,” said Bulma, reaching into her pocket and brandishing the strange earpiece and green tinted visor attached.
“YOW what's THAT?” Krillen yelped.
“It's her device she was wearing. It must be very important because she took it off and threw it my way when she saw me. She knew my name!” said Bulma excitedly. “And she told me to run away. Would someone who wanted to HURT us do that?”
“How did she know who you were?” Yamcha asked.
“She told Piccolo she knew who I was, dummy,” Bulma glared at him. “DUH!”
“How would she know?” asked Krillen.
“She must have come here to study this planet. That meteorite must have been a space ship of some kind. And I bet you a thousand zenni that she was looking for Goku. I mean duh, she has a tail like his, and she said she was!”
“Still, that's no reason to make any rash decisions,” Yamcha said.
“Shut up and get me home so I can analyze this,” she glared at both of them. “You men are so dense sometimes it's a wonder how you get along without me!”
“Oh good grief,” groaned Yamcha. Krillen just shook his head, chuckling to himself. For once he didn't' envy his friend's choice in girlfriends.