Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ Elimination and Recrimination ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Second Chances for Bardock's Sons
 
Recrimination
By Trynia Merin
 
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ so please don't' sue me. Tomic and the few other fan characters are my only claim in this. This isn't for money, it's for fan enjoyment.
------------------------------------------------------
 
Tomic was glad when she was eliminated. That blasted power blocker on Piccolo's belt was the bane of her existence. Had he set her up in order to have her fail? Goku and she had faced off, and both had fought in a frenzied flurry.
 
"Don't make me hurt you," Tomic said, raising her hand at the level of her turbaned head.
 
"Are you okay?" Goku asked, dark eyes peering into her soul. To his shock he saw that strange bottomless look in them.
 
"I don't want to fight you," she whispered. "But I have no choice."
 
"I understand. Let's just do this, and I promise it will be okay," Goku vowed. Chichi folded her hands together, looking at the two warriors circling. Biting his lip the warrior with the black ponytail and spiky hair struggled his way to the front. Yamcha grabbed his shoulder, holding him back.
 
"Don't man," Yamcha violently shook his head no.
 
"DAMN it," Raditz hissed, shaking off Yamcha's arm. He smashed his fist into the wall, near Chichi.
 
"Easy there, I know what its like," Chichi said, grabbing his wrist.
 
"How can you understand?" asked Raditz with a growl in his voice.
 
"Because I almost didn't get Goku," she said, glancing up at him. "He thought marriage was a food."
 
"You're kidding me," Raditz blinked at her.
 
"No I'm not. And my Goku-sa can tell good from evil. I don't know how, but he won't hurt her."
 
"You don't get it, little one," Raditz snorted. "She might hurt him!"
 
"Trust him," Chichi urged. Dark eyes focused on Goku. Slowly the two warriors circled. Tomic zipped out, only to find Goku had dodged her. Ki flared but choked out.
 
Goku narrowed his eyes. Again her ki flickered like a candle flame. For some reason it would rise only to drain away. Was there something blocking her ki, or was it a result of being captured. A rapid series of blows rained on him, and he dodged easily. Piccolo frowned from his position. He barked up, "You can do better!"
 
"I'm TRYING curse it!" she shouted through gritted teeth.
 
"Shut up!" Krillen yelled at Piccolo. The fighter moved back and pressed at his belt. Raditz and Chichi's gaze happened to be towards them.
 
"What's that guy doing with that gizmo?" Chichi whispered, grabbing Raditz sleeve.
 
"It appears to be a control panel," Raditz mumbled. "Son of a bitch… it's a ki suppressor."
 
"Does that mean it's cutting her energy?" asked Chichi.
 
"Yes."
 
"Then don't bother him. Goku-sa can win this without hurting her!" said Chichi. Apparently Piccolo's plan was to give Goku enough of a challenge before cutting back on her.
 
"You're good," Goku nodded. "But don't worry; are you ready for me to end this?"
 
"How can you?"
 
"It won't hurt, I promise," Goku said. He drew back his fist, and then slammed hard. A sonic boom slammed through, crackling in the air. Caught in the wake, Tomic flipped backwards. She barely caught the edge before she staggered.
 
"I'm afraid it will take more then that," she panted. Gathering her ki, she formed three small spheres.
 
"Atomic flux!" she said. Three balls whizzed around her head, zipping in x y and z-axes. Goku's eyes watched each ball.
 
"Pretty nice move there," he nodded. "Defensive. Well, we'll make him a show."
 
"I'm glad you comprehend," she nodded. Dark eyes fixed in each other, and Raditz saw the defensive fighting with a grudging respect. Clearly her power level was pitiful for a Saiyan as she sent each sphere. Goku blocked each one, and then flipped overhead. He landed behind her, and then cupped his hands.
 
"KA me ha me HA!" Goku shrilled. A white blinding beam shot out, slamming into Tomic's chest. She struggled to block it, but then Chichi saw the fiddling of the device on Piccolo's hip.
 
"Time to make you think you've won," said Piccolo.
 
Tomic felt her energy ebb, and then Goku's attack slammed into the mystery vest. To her relief she found herself crashing into the far wall of the arena. Bricks and dust flew around her, and she welcomed the stinging bite of pain. "Hey, you okay?" Goku called from overhead.
 
"Winner is Son Goku, by a KO! All right! And he didn't' even lay a hand on the lady! What a guy!" the announcer laughed.
 
"YEAH!" Krillen laughed.
 
"All RIGHT!" Yamcha whooped.
 
"Oh my god is she all right! Goku-sa, you didn't hurt her did you?" Chichi yelled up.
 
"Tomic," Raditz gasped, rushing over towards her. Piccolo suppressed a smile as he turned the device to full power. Tomic felt energy draining out of her like a sponge as Piccolo activated another device on the back of his neck. Energy surged from her to him.
 
"Now you've served your purpose," he nodded. "Enjoy."
 
Goku landed next to Tomic who sat back and stunned. Extending his hand down he gave her a concerned look. "Hey, are you okay? I'm sorry if I overdid it."
 
"Goku-sa! That's no way to treat a lady!" Chichi yelled at him. "Get out of my way… are you okay?"
 
"Precious one…" Raditz whispered as he rushed up beside Goku. The Saiyan was crouched over; gently shaking his mate till Chichi shoved her way next to her husband.
 
"Give her some AIR! Oh my goodness, let's get this loosened up! Don't' just stand there GAWKING, help her up you goon!" she glared up at Raditz.
 
"Tomic," he said with a deep purr, moving around Chichi to lift his mate on one knee. Chichi grabbed a bottle of water that she carried, holding it up to the fighter's lips. Goku watched with concern, feeling a bit badly that he'd hurt her.
 
"I didn't hit her that hard, Chi," he said with a look of guilt.
 
"She's fine, Brother," Raditz said as he rocked his mate. "I'm here love, don't move."
 
"Radz-kun," she gasped, twining her fingers in his hair. "Is that…"
 
"Drink this… here."
 
"Do you need some help?" asked two medics.
 
"Get some water FAST! And some first aid!" Chichi snapped up at them. "Goku, don't just stand there like a lump, tell them to get a bed in the infirmary ready!"
 
"Well I do have a few sensu beans," he said.
 
"Those… things?" Raditz raised a brow.
 
"Yeah, I'm sure they'll help fix her right up. I mean they work on me, if she's like us," he said. Chichi blinked at them as she took the sensu from her husband, and then shoved it in Tomic's mouth.
 
"Here, chew this… it'll help, easy now," Chichi urged. "Now, pick her up and follow me…"
 
"This tastes awful," Tomic made a face. But she swallowed, and then felt a strange tingling. Raditz lifted her carefully in his arms, feeling sheer joy at being reunited with his mate.
 
"Where is the green man?" Raditz asked as the three of them rushed off the field.
 
"I think he's still here. I can feel him," Goku said.
 
"You knew he'd let her win, didn't you, Brother?" Raditz said quietly. A strange understanding passed between them.
 
"That's why I took her out so carefully," said Goku. Chichi was still fussing over her 'sister in law', helping dab her face off with water as she looked her over.
 
"Are you hungry? I've got some steamed rice… it'll help you up. If you're anything like my Goku then you'll need plenty of it," she said, pushing chopsticks and a bowl of freshly heated rice from the infirmary's kitchen.
 
"I'm fine. But I still feel damn weak," Tomic said.
 
"We've GOT to get you out of these ridiculous clothes. You can wear mine I think," Chichi said. "Wait there and I'll get my stuff…"
 
"Thank you," Tomic murmured, feeling a pang of strangeness at the unabashed hospitality foisted on her. Raditz and Goku stood nearby, their backs turned. Dizzily she saw the long ponytail obscuring the Kame sennen patch on Raditz' back. Goku's spare gi was still tightly stretched across her mate's back; an extra blue weighted shirt protruding from the sleeves. All that remained of his former outfit were the black gauntlets and boots. Around his waist was wrapped his tail like a furry belt, looking surprisingly like part of a costume.
 
Far below two figures landed in the bushes. Bulma swallowed, feeling QUITE sick to her stomach. Her companion glanced around, pressing buttons on the device on his face.
 
"Uh, I think we need to get you some clothes other then that stuff," she said.
 
"WHY?" he asked.
 
"DUH, you're standing out like a sore thumb in that armor and spandex. Do you WANT people to know you're some alien prince?" Bulma glared at him.
 
"Shut the hell up," the Prince mumbled. "I am beginning to REGRET this. I've half a mind to slay this Piccolo myself."
 
"Well what makes you think you can GET to him? Without blowing up a whole stadium?" Bulma glared at him.
 
"I know where he is," said Prince Vegita.
 
"That thing only reads power levels in one way. Goku says that true power's hidden," Bulma said. "And we need to find you some clothes bud."
 
"You will address me by my proper title, wench," he mumbled.
 
"C'mon Princey, let's get you some clothes," she said, dragging him off by his gloved hand. Growling under his breath the Prince had to admit that she was right, damn her. Minutes later she returned with several shopping bags. Fortunately there were many clothing vendors in the town where the martial arts tournament was held.
 
"Here we go," she said. She tossed down something and a huge cloud of smoke exploded. Vegita hissed in alarm sneezing profusely as a small hut expanded out of nowhere.
 
"Compression technology. Highly advanced for such a primitive mud ball," he snorted. "You surprise me."
 
"My dad invented this," she said, dragging him in. "Now let's change and find your friends."
 
"I have no friends, wench! You must mean my subordinates!" he protested. Bulma shoved the bags of clothes into his hands and he refused to take them.
 
"You've got to be drekking me," he grumbled as he pawed through the bags. "These garments are NOT suitable."
 
"Well excuse me but that's ALL they had, Prince," she glared at him. Snarling under his breath he snatched the least foolish looking of the garments, and disappeared into the bathroom. Fussing and grumbling indicated he was having difficulty with the fastenings.
 
"You want help?"
 
"Keep out of here, you low class…" he grumbled.
 
"Here's a capsule you can put your clothes in and carry them with us," Bulma said, tossing something to him. He caught the small empty capsule neatly in his hand, and she stopped cold at the sight of him in normal clothes.
 
"I still can't believe you consider THESE as anything fit for a royal," he grumbled. "These are the least ludicrous looking things."
 
"Damn," she mumbled, as he strode out wearing a red button up shirt and light brown khaki pants. A leather jacket completed the ensemble, hiding the short sleeves. Still he wore the damn gloves, and Bulma grabbed a pair of leather ones out of her cabinet. Vegita glanced at them and decided he didn't have much choice.
 
"Here, mister cool, if you HAVE to wear the damn gloves," she rolled her eyes. Without the blasted scouter he looked almost as if he could pass for normal human. But the hair was quite an issue itself. At least she was right that he had size nine shoes in men's. The small capsule with his armor he insisted on putting in his pants pocket. Bulma knotted her hair into a ponytail and decided a shower was in order.
 
"Stupid woman taking damn forever," he growled, pacing in his new clothes. Catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror he had to admit the outfit was not too bad. It fit well to the contours of his body, and the dark red complimented his olive skin and dark hair. Bulma held a straw hat.
 
"What the hell is that for?" he asked.
 
"Your hair."
 
"Hell no," he said angrily and stormed out the door. Bulma growled under her breath and marched out after him, wondering what in hell possessed her to volunteer to be his tour guide. He was nothing but a spoiled brat since the first minute, but she had to admit he looked damn good in those tight pants.
 
 
Fortunately Bulma and the Prince managed to get into the arena without Vegita blowing up the annoying people. He kept complaining about how he needed food, so she took him to one of the nearby refreshment stands. Where he proceeded to demand 40 of whatever was local cuisine and Bulma should have guessed his appetite would be like Goku's. So she decided to get a variety of earth foods and see what he would like best. He was not averse to piling the food in his arms and walking over to the nearest table to wolf it down.
 
"Damn it, haven't they heard of fucking stadium seating!" he growled.
 
"Sorry, but they don't' have those," she mumbled.
 
"Primitive fools," he complained. "I'm sick of this drek. Hold on!"
 
Grabbing Bulma by the back of her jacket Vegita flew up and they landed on a nearby rooftop. Bulma held her tongue when Vegita hissed her to be silent. There he sat down on the roof and wolfed down the rest of the concession stand food while Bulma clung to the roof with an ashen complexion. They had a good view of the entire region from their vantage point.
 
"A Namekian," Vegita said as he peered down through his scouter.
 
"What?"
 
"That is a Namekian. No wonder he was difficult to defeat."
 
"That's Piccolo," she said. "He's about to fight Goku."
 
"That's your 'Goku' but that must be… holy drek it must be Kakkarot!" Vegita exclaimed as he saw the two fighters face off. Anger and confusion filled him as he saw the two fighters locked into a staring match. The blonde announcer gestured and paced around the entire audience, talking up the fight. A frown filled Goku's face as he looked at Piccolo, and Piccolo gave him a nasty grin.
 
"I've waited a long time for this, Son Goku," Piccolo grunted.
 
"So have I. I've heard a lot about you, and I hear you're pretty strong," Goku said. "Some of my friends have you to thank for a lot of trouble."
 
"You have no idea," Piccolo laughed. Suddenly their eyes widened, and they glanced around.
 
"Man, you… that power level," gasped Goku.
 
"No… it can't be," gasped Piccolo, his eyes widening in horror. A huge power level suddenly flared right before them, and reduced him to momentary terror.
 
"Drek," Vegita mumbled. Quickly he concentrated, cursing himself for his carelessness. As soon as the power flared, it vanished, leaving a wide-eyed Piccolo staring at Goku.
 
"You seem pretty surprised," Goku said, with an odd look on his face.
 
"No matter. That won't stop me from defeating you once and for all!" Piccolo glared at him.
 
"Just one thing. If you win, you have to promise me," Goku said.
 
"You're presuming much. But all right then, name your request. I'll grant that since I'm not a totally uncivilized being, like you humans," said Piccolo.
 
"Just promise me you won't hurt or kill any of my friends," said Goku. "Do you swear?"
 
"Fine, I will. Your friends won't be harmed as long as they don't get in my way. And your wife will remain alive. But her unborn son will be mine," said Piccolo.
 
"WHAT?" Goku gasped.
 
"She's going to have a child," said Piccolo. "Male. I think that it's only fair that I take what is yours in exchange for what you took from me. The boy won't come to any harm if you loose. He'll be my heir and successor."
 
"I can't let you do that," Goku inhaled deeply. "But you won't hurt him or Chichi?"
 
"I promise. Now shut up and fight," Piccolo said angrily.
 
"Vegita, what the hell was that about?" Bulma whispered.
 
"Never you mind. Those are the two strongest on this planet? How pathetic," said Vegita with a smirk.