Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chances for Bardock's Sons ❯ Another Way is Found ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
Second Chances for Bardock's Son's
 
 
By Trynia Merin
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ so please don't' sue me. Tomic and the few other fan characters are my only claim in this. This isn't for money, it's for fan enjoyment.
****
 
“Please, you're still in the competition… if you like we'll let you fight one another!” the blonde Announcer gasped. Sweat beaded on his forehead, his chest heaving in and out as Piccolo continued to dangle him by his shirt front.
 
“Make him pay for hurting my GOKU!” Chichi screamed from where she lay with Goku's head cradled on her lap.
 
"Quick, get him a sensu bean," said Krillen, digging into his pocket for the supply Korin had given him. He slipped one into Goku's mouth, desperately trying to get him to chew it. Unfortunately he had fallen still due to the loss of blood that seeped through the gaping hole in his chest that Chichi had wrapped with yards of cloth. Her hand pressed hard as death to try and staunch the flowing of his precious life. Krillen grabbed another sensu bean, and handed it to her. Chichi chewed it and put her mouth to Goku's spitting the contents into his mouth with a hard kiss.
 
While all this transpired, Raditz stood up fully encased in his gleaming armor. He towered head and shoulders over everyone. Quickly he zipped forwards to stand directly behind Tomic. “Are you afraid to face me, Green man?” Raditz taunted. He still stood out in the audience daring to place a boot on the stairs leading upwards. Around them the crowd gasped at the new warrior arriving on the scene.
 
"What? You want to play hero?" snarled Piccolo, glaring directly at Raditz. His eyes widened in shock at the appearance of thick black armor that added height and bulk to the tall muscular Saiyan.
 
“Can you pass up a chance to fight a true Saiyan warrior, Green man?” Raditz asked.
 
"Really, you think you stand a chance against me?" said Piccolo with a taunting smirk. Saibaman juice flowed through his veins. Raditz slid the scouter on his face, activating the telltale signs.
 
“I'm not afraid of you or anyone,” Piccolo glared at him.
 
"Then let that insect go and I'll give you a fight! Are you not a Namekian? True Namekians are warriors born! Are you going to stand by and let me try and take this world from you by force?" Raditz snarled.
 
“All right, it's your funeral,” Piccolo laughed. Finally the Namekian released his grasp to let the announcer drop harmlessly to the floor of the arena. Clutching his microphone the announcer scrambled to his feet with the aid of one of the security that rushed up.
 
“Thank you,” the announcer gasped.
 
“Keep everyone back,” said Piccolo. “All right. You'll get your fight!”
 
Goku chewed on the sensu bean. It was difficult but he managed to swallow hard enough past the taste of his own blood. Slowly his consciousness swam back and forth. He struggled to sit up, coughing, “Raditz, no… he'll kill you?"
 
"Please, don't move!" gasped Chichi.
 
“Get him out of here!" Raditz yelled.
 
"Don't insult me," Raditz growled. "You've no idea what you're dealing with, green man."
 
"Don't say I didn't warn you, you space baboon,” Piccolo grunted. He pulled the turban off his head, and then tossed it down. It was growing hot under the burning sun overhead. Next came the weighted collar. Power levels rose a slight amount on Raditz' scouter.
 
The announcer gasped, "It looks like there's going to be a final match folks, and we can't stop it!"
 
Piccolo hurled a blast towards Raditz. Suddenly he vanished from sight, and then slammed a knee into Piccolo's gut. Gasping the Namek felt a punch slam down on his back. Viciously Raditz knocked him around, while Piccolo barely managed to dodge each blow. In horror the audience watched the longhaired being back away, standing with one knee raised and both hands before him, while balancing on one leg. The bent knee had the toe slightly pointed downwards.
 
"What ARE you?" Piccolo gasped.
 
"Try one of mine! Saturday CRUSH!" Raditz snarled, hurling a purple sphere. Piccolo raised his hand to block it, and gasped in surprise as his arm was torn right off.
 
"Damn… where is that power coming from," he gasped.
 
"Excuse me, but has anyone seen your arm?" Raditz taunted him
 
"You'll pay for that," Piccolo growled. "Let's see you dodge THIS!"
 
"All right, let's see what you've got," Raditz glanced back, reaching down to grab something out of his pocket. He slipped something into his mouth, chewing hard on it. Although he'd sworn not to resort to this, he knew it was the only way. Growling he suddenly started to spasm all over as the power rushed through his veins. Piccolo continued to build up his power, wondering what was going wrong with his opponent. Muscles blistered and surged around Raditz' body, while power crackled with fire along every vein.
 
"What's happening to him?" asked Bulma.
 
"Well well, I wondered where that one fruit got to," Vegita mumbled, seeing his soldier flaring up exponentially in power.
 
"No, it can't be," Piccolo gasped, almost losing his nerve as his opponent straightened up. Still he aimed his special beam cannon, letting loose the blast.
 
Raditz held up his hand, an evil grin spreading over his face. Both hands surged with twin power as he blocked Piccolo's special beam cannon with ease. "Damn… how can you…"
 
"Allow me to introduce you to a specialty of mine. I call it a double sundae. See if you can follow this!" he growled. Piccolo panted from the dip in his energy, knowing he was in severe trouble. Tensions ran high, every eye riveted to the spikes of hair standing on end, and the swirling balls of energy crackling to life on Raditz palm. Twin beams shot from either hand, slamming into Piccolo's gut. The Namekian shot out of the ring, crashing into the far wall.
 
Goku slowly came round; coughing as Yamcha shoved another sensu into his throat. "What's going on…" he gasped, feeling the surging energies knitting his body together.
 
"Your brother's kicking Piccolo's ass," said Yamcha.
 
"What the… such power," Goku gasped.
 
"RAAAAHHH!" Raditz shouted, leaping over the ring and rushing to deliver the deathblow over the Namekian.
 
"Raditz, stop!" Goku yelled.
 
"Don't try and stop me…" he trailed off.
 
"It's not worth it," Tomic called, rushing up and zipping between Piccolo and Raditz.
 
"Why are you stopping me?"
 
"He saved me. I owe him my life. I'm asking you to spare him. Don't you see what a waste this is?" she asked.
 
"I…" he trailed off.
 
"Spare him for my sake. Please Raditz," Tomic urged.
 
"If you spare my life, monkey man, I swear… I won't harm your precious friends," Piccolo grunted. "For the next four years."
 
"What's so significant about THAT?" asked Raditz.
 
"It's long… enough for me to train… to stop your people from destroying our world. And you'd BETTER tell your masters that we won't give up Earth without a fight!"
 
"This planet isn't worth the effort to conquer it," Raditz snorted. "Unless you and I work out compensation."
 
"You want gold, riches? I can give you as much as you can cram into those space pods," said Piccolo, as he panted.
 
Tomic leaned down and smeared blood from Piccolo's face. "Raditz, give me your Saibamen."
 
"Why?" Raditz asked.
 
"Just do it. Here are more warriors to make you master of this planet. If you can take it over in four years and train to be strong enough to face us when we return, we'll fight for your world's safety," said Tomic.
 
"Are you nuts?" asked Raditz.
 
"The Prince likes to play games. So why not play a game here? Why not show him how strong warriors can get on this world?" asked Tomic.
 
"Yes, I see it now," Raditz said. "You Namekian… you'll need allies to protect this world. If you and my brother stand as its protectors and absolute rulers, you can face any threat. I can convince my Prince to leave this world alone for at least two years, and prove to him that you can become stronger; perhaps he'll spare this place. But I ask for one hundred aurites."
 
"That's as much gold as we can carry in our pods," said Tomic. "And precious jewels."
 
"Take as much gold as you want," Piccolo said. "I'll have it delivered. And my workers can fix your space pods. Just leave this planet and keep your word."
 
"Done," Raditz said, reaching down to help Piccolo up. "Then we're agreed? Show us that this world can train viable fighters. If you can make Kakkarot… Goku stronger in a year or two, then we'll spare this world. That and five hundred kilos of your finest gold and gems."
 
"Agreed," Piccolo said, grasping Raditz hand and drawing himself up. He adjusted his cape, as Tomic helped him to stand.
 
"You won't regret it," said Tomic. People stared at them in shock.
 
"WHAT are you staring at?" Piccolo shouted at them. "This place is boring. I'm leaving NOW!"
 
"But he tried to…" gasped the security guards who rushed up.
 
"It's okay," Goku said quietly as he limped over. He leaned heavily on Chichi and Yamcha.
 
"Are you nuts, you can't trust him?" Yamcha shouted.
 
"You and him are the protectors of this world," Raditz said. "If you double your strength in two years you'll be able to prove to the Prince that you're a true Saiyan warrior. Perhaps if you are strong enough the two of you can fight for this planet's place."
 
"Me fight your prince, huh?" asked Goku. "I bet he's awfully powerful."
 
"Supremely. It will not be easy," said Raditz. "But I do have something that might help you. But it's up to you to use it."
 
Reaching into his shirt he pulled out a small wrapped package. "What's this?" Goku asked.
 
"Your ticket to doubling or tripling your power. But don't use it unless you fail to reach your goal. Because I doubt you'd like what the source is," said Raditz.
 
"It's powerful," Goku murmured, taking it. "But it doesn't feel right. I don't' think I can use this."
 
"Keep it from those who would abuse it," Raditz said. "And use it only when you most desperately need it. I fear that you're far too noble to do otherwise."
 
"Uh huh, you bet," Goku said. "You guys are leaving aren't you?"
 
"We must explain ourselves to our masters," Raditz said. "And pay a debt."
 
"Speaking of, where do you want your payment?" Piccolo asked. Goku glanced over at him.
 
"So, you and me are going to be training buddies?" Goku asked.
 
"As much as I hate it, I've no choice. You and I have to actually work together. I'm as sick as you are," piccolo spat out blood.
 
"Well, you can have your men deliver the ransom to Goku's home. Tomic and I will show you where it is. We have to retrieve our armor."
 
"I'll have yours delivered," said Piccolo. "You've given me a lot to consider. I'm not so sure I trust you, but I guess I've got little choice."
 
"You won't regret it," said Goku. "I've gotta let Chichi know we've got extra people for dinner."
***
 
"They WON!" Bulma screamed with joy, dancing around on the roof.

"Are you insane woman?" Vegita gasped at her. "Sit down and stop acting like an idiot!"

"Spoilsport!" she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Well, seems that third class baka has some spirit in him. I'll wait before I signal my subordinates. But you and I have unfinished business, woman."

"What?" she asked.

"You promised to put yourself at my disposal. And I grow weary of this paltry planet. Seeing as Sgt. Raditz changed the terms of the contract I'm going to have to leave till these weaklings present a suitable challenge!" Vegita looked at her. Sweeping her up in his arms he blasted off before the cameras could track him.

Bulma yelped as the Prince shot off over the atoll and mountain chain. She felt dizzy and sick as she left her stomach behind. "Now WAIT a damn minute! I need to tell my friends I'm okay! Sheesh!"

"No time woman," said Vegita harshly, as he shot towards the landing site.

"Now WAIT a moment you son of a bitch!" she shouted. Vegita snaked a hand around to her neck, then gave it a sharp pinch. Bulma went limp in his arms. Giving a sharp diabolic laugh, the Prince landed near his pod.

A verbal command shouted to the door to swing open. He laid her inside, and then closed the hatch to secure her. Quickly he pulled out the capsule from the pocket of his pants and threw it down, jumping back as the smoke cleared. In a matter of minutes he'd torn off his earth clothes and donned his original outfit once more.

"Nappa, what ARE you doing?" he called sharply.

"Just rotting in some stupid cell, Vegita. These guys are hardly worth squat," said Nappa's voice.

"Have a little fun and report back when you're done. Do what you do best. We're going to round up the rest of the team and leave this place."

"What, we're not going to…"

"This miserable planet isn't worth the effort to purge it. Besides, we've got other problems. If we don't report back to Idsarsei, those freaking Ice-jin lizards are going to piss me seriously off. We need to regroup and leave this small drek behind!" said Vegita angrily.

"Right Vegita! What about the whelps?"

"I'll deal with them. I do have some very special cargo that might be worth a considerable sum. Provided that the information can be retrieved," he said, glancing back at his pod.