Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slave ❯ The Second Coming ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or the characters.
 
A/N - Hello…remember me? The bad authoress who keeps on forgetting to write chapters? Well, I've finished uni, am now a high school English teacher and am engaged to be married in September. In fact I bought my dress for the wedding last Saturday. I will finish this fic. (I think I can…I think I can…) Maybe I should change me penname to the `Little Author That Could'?
 
 
~*~
 
 
“Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold.” Bulma muttered as she stared bleakly out of the window. Her hair lay around her in piles and what remained of the hair still attached to her body sat cropped haphazardly on her head; a mixture of sky blue and emerald streaks.
 
“Did you say something?” Brolly moved closer to her, a pair of scissors in one hand and a bottle of Frieza's favourite red wine in the other. The bottle sloshed as he plonked himself down next to Bulma and sent a veritable cascade of empty bottles toppling to the floor. “Oopsie.” He giggled in a most un-saiyan like manner.
 
“I was just remembering a poem.” Bulma swayed unsteadily and put a hand out to steady herself. “Doesn't matter, really. I was just thinking that no matter how bad things seem to get they always seem to get just a little bit worse.” She ran a hand through her hair and smirked abruptly, “I like my hair though. I think this is an improvement.”
 
“Yessss.” Brolly nodded and gulped the remainder of the wine down. “Although I do think that your beautiful snaky mistress will be less then pleased.”
 
“Snaky!” Bulma giggled. “She is snaky! They all are! They deserve what is coming to them!” She leant against Brolly again and stared out at the night sky. She was wearing a long black skirt and a long black top - clothes that were uncharacteristically reserved for the ex-concubine. Although the ex part was debatable depending how one looked at her current circumstances. Knee high leather combat boots gleaming with silver buckles and short black gloves completed her look - Bulma was feeling in a decidedly black mood today.
 
“And what is coming to them?” Brolly asked, glancing furtively around. “Have you got a plan?”
 
Bulma smiled and narrowed her eyes. Ever since she had discovered that Ilandra was screwing her father, yesterday, she had been thinking of a way to get herself off the ship as quickly as possible and cause the utmost damage doing it. She didn't really care if she dies trying to get away - the important thing was to not be here anymore. The ship and everyone on it was pure poison. They deserved to die and Bulma was determined to be the one to put an end to the miserable existence.
 
“Yes I have a plan.” She cleared her throat and sat up straighter. “You and me are going to plant a bomb on the ship near the engines, steal a ship and fly off into the sunset together.”
 
“And live happily ever after together?” Brolly's hand tightened on her shoulder and Bulma laughed and shoved him away.
 
“Hardly.” She frowned at him in mock seriousness. “You, for one, would only try to take me back to Vegeta, because you can't help it - you're servile and weak. Me on the other hand, am unable to have a normal relationship with anyone, so I'm not going to try anymore. I'm going to fly off to some far corner of the galaxy and open a bar.”
 
“Sounds like fun.” Brolly struggled to his feet and pulled Bulma up, supporting her drunken weight with his own. “And I am not servile and weak. Vegeta's father kept me alive when he could have killed me. I'm loyal to the crown, that doesn't make me weak.” He started to move them slowly to the chairs in the middle of the room. “Besides, what makes you think you could make a bomb? Let alone steal a ship?”
 
“Making a bomb is easy, a simple matter of mixing the right chemicals…I was a renegade back on Earth, people seem to forget that. Anyway, when I was with Vegeta they kept a close eye on me and didn't give me access to a lot of chemicals, let alone ships. Here, they don't seem to care what I do. I guess a pregnant and depressed earthling isn't considered much of a threat.”
 
“Maybe not a huge threat, but I'm beginning to appreciate that when you're mixed with a little bit of alcohol you can become quite devious.” Brolly settled her in a chair and crouched on the floor in front of her. “Do you really think this is possible or is this just bravado talking?”
 
“I don't know. I didn't plan on getting drunk - although maybe all the alcohol in my system might help kill the bloody leech inside of me.”
 
“Bulma!”
 
Both Bulma and Brolly froze and spun around in dismay at the sound of Ilandra's voice. Sure enough the icejin princess stood just inside the doorway to the room, one pale hand raised to her mouth as though to hold back the words inside.
 
“What is going on here?” Ilandra seemed to recover some poise. She bit out the words and stalked a few meters into the room, giving Brolly her best icy look, as she seemed to take stock of the situation.
 
Bulma giggled, “Come on in Ilandra - no need to knock!” Unsteadily the blue haired beautiful swayed to her feet and only Brolly's steadying hand on her waist kept her from falling. “My good friend Brolly and I were just talking about…”
 
“Bulma!” Brolly silenced the petite human and sprung lightly to his feet despite the alcohol roaring through his veins. He put himself slightly in front on Bulma and faced Ilandra. After staring at her for a few moments he longer he finally broke the silence. “What did you hear?”
 
“I heard everything.” Ilandra's composure cracked a little around the edges and she wrung her hands in an almost nervous gesture. “Bulma…what's happened to you?”
 
“I'm drunk!” Bulma declared, swaying unsteadily on her feet before falling backwards onto the chair again.
 
“No, I mean…yes, you are, but…this isn't you.” Ilandra took a step forward, completely ignoring the saiyan in front of her, as though he were little more then a bug. “When did you become this unhappy?”
 
Bulma giggled again and prodded Brolly out of the way with one boot. He moved to one side but still watched both women warily. “Unhappy?” She laughed louder. “When did I become unhappy? Well, it would have been around the time that the saiyans invaded Earth and turned my people into slaves! I became sad when they killed my father and I had to go into hiding and work in a fucking factory just to survive! I was even more miserable when I was caught by slave traders and sent to a whore house where his royal highness picked me up…and then there was you.”
 
Her voice was thick with mockery and he blue eyes were icy with scorn, it was a look that Ilandra had never seen on Bulma's face before. She's seen anger, rage and desolation…but never this look of complete hatred. Deep inside of the icejin something broke at that look.
 
For a moment Bulma said nothing, she merely stared at Ilandra with that mocking little smile. “I think I was less miserable with you at first…but then I realised that I was just a slave to you too. I wasn't ever going to be free again. I'm always going to be something to someone, never someone - just something. A tool to be used. A slave to be fucked. A brood mare to have babies.” With each statement her voice rose until it cracked slightly and all traces of the mocking smile left her face bare and empty. “You want to know when I became this unhappy? I became this unhappy when I realised you were infecting me with babies. I became this unhappy when I realised you were fucking your own father. I became this unhappy when I realised there was no way out of this situation except maybe to kill myself.”
 
For a moment there was silence and then the sound of Bulma's soft crying filled the room. “I just want to go home. I don't want to have babies. I don't want to be here anymore…I just want to go home.”
 
Ilandra took a hesitant step forward. “Bulma…I'm sorry.” She inched forward until she was standing by her and then she gently lowered herself down into almost she same position that Brolly had taken earlier. “I'm sorry that I'm so messed up. I'm sorry that by taking you away from Vegeta I hurt you more…I never wanted any of this to happen to you, and now my father wants to…”
 
“Wants to what?” Brolly finally spoke up. “What is your father up to now?”
 
The icejin tore her eyes away from Bulma and looked up at Brolly. “I think he's going to take Bulma away from me. I think he's going to hurt her…maybe even kill her when she's no longer any use to him.” She reached forward to touch Bulma's hand, but the human pulled away and curled into a tight little ball on the couch, her crying continuing.
“My father has finally gone too far. Bulma is mine to protect and no matter how much I may have hurt her since taking her away from your saiyajin empire, I never wanted anything like this to happen to her. I won't let my father hurt her. I don't care if he labels me a traitor for this but…”
 
“But what?” Brolly pressed.
 
Ilandra took a deep breath and finally looked back at Bulma. “Brolly, we have to get Bulma away from here. She has to leave me.”
 
 
 
~*~
 
 
 
A/N - Okay…it's been almost a year since I started this chapter. Yeah, a whole year and I've written a chapter. Shameful. I'm married now. Been teaching for almost two years too. Pity me!
 
This is the poem that inspired this chapter: "The Second Coming” by William Butler Yeats