Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Slave ❯ Sweet Dreams ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: We do not own DBZ or any of the characters form it.

A/N - Thanks to the people who commented nicely about the way I'm dressing Bulma. I'm trying to dress her a little differently then the usual "Bulma concubine clothing" which usually consists of either a tiny white dress or some sort of tiny bopper get up with a shirt that says 'Princess' or some such thing. Not that there's anything wrong with dressing Bulma like that! *Hides from angry flamers*

~*~

Bulma was surrounded by a spinning wall of light and colour. All around her she could see the leering faces of strange saiyan men and wickedly intimidating saiyan women.

They chattered away all around her nine to a dozen, their voices loud and piercing, sometimes shrill with laughter. But for all Bulma heard they might have been talking in another language, all she could hear was the horrible noise they were making.

Her head spinning, Bulma groped at the silver goblet in front of her and lifted it to her lips shakily, forcing down some more of the sweet liquor inside and ignoring the little voice which warned her that drinking more was only going to make the noise and colour worse.

She stared down the long banquet table and chewed on her lip as she decided to help herself to more salad. The other dishes that had been set out on the table ranged from something that resembled a giant yellow cockroach to some quivering mounds of jelly so red it looked black.

Swallowing down yet another wave of nausea Bulma picked up her fork with fingers which seemed to dance in front of her face and very slowly speared a piece of greenery and lifted it took her lips, a smile of satisfaction curving her lips when the salad made it into her mouth without any mishaps.

Bulma looked up to see Vegeta watching her with a puzzled look and she winked at him flirtatiously, watching form the corner of her eyes with amusement as Zucchini's face bloomed with rage and her beady little black eyes flashed.

Bulma took another long pull of the strange drink in her goblet and gave Vegeta a very heated glance, running her gaze possessive over him. She licked her lips and caught site of Zucchini again who looked as though she were going to explode. Bulma tried desperately not to laugh as Zucchini turned to Vegeta agitatedly and started to babble, her voice sounding oddly like that of a chipmunk's to Bulma, whose senses were greatly altered thanks to her drink.

"I can't take this!" Zucchini shrieked angrily, tossing down her golden fork as Bulma looked at Vegeta and battered her eyelids flirtatiously. Zucchini growled, frustrated, as Vegeta smirked right back at Bulma and ignored what she had just said to him. "Did you hear me? Stop this nonsense now Vegeta! You're not going to make me jealous!" Zucchini bared perfect little white teeth at her future husband.

"Make you jealous? Whatever gave you the idea that I was trying to make you jealous?" Vegeta tone dripped with scorn and he snorted with laughter. "Why would I want to?"

Vegeta turned back to Bulma and tuned out Zucchini's piercing voice as his eyes raked over Bulma's fragile figure. Her blue hair and the soft greens of her dress made her appear like some sort of forest nymph.

The fire which roared in the colossal fireplace cast a flickering light over her, making shadows leap and dance over her features in an alluring fashion. Vegeta's mouth parted with need as Bulma's eyes met his and he saw fear briefly flash through her eyes, unaware that his own dark eyes reflected the blazing fire.

"Vegeta? Are even listening to me!" Zucchini shrieked again, her voice cutting across his concentration. She tapped his arm with sharp nails which had been filed to a point and she smiled frigidly when he reluctantly switched his attention back to her.

Vegeta was unable to help himself as he though about how plain Zucchini looked stacked up against Bulma, the shadows cast on her face making her appear shrewish and old.

"What now?" Vegeta sounded bored and he lowered his head to drink deeply of his wine, licking the rim of his glass and grinning wickedly at Bulma across the table. Bulma all but choked on her own wine as she tried not laugh at Vegeta's daring to do such a thing in front of his own people. Her pale blue eyes were livelier then Vegeta had ever seen them and as she drained the wine from her cup he wondered just how much she'd had to drink.

"I saw that! Don't think I didn't!" Zucchini exploded in rage next to him and looked across at Bulma, raising her voice and adding a slight condescending tone to it. "Tell me dear, how are you going to feel when Vegeta starts ignoring you and begins paying attention to other women?"

Bulma speared some more salad with her form and shrugged as though she were slightly detached from what was going on around her. "I don't know, but since you seem to have had experience in that area why don't you tell me?" Bulma spoke coolly, not even bothering to look at Zucchini. She calmly ate what salad was on the end of her fork and glanced up at her, smiled politely at the princess.

Zucchini meanwhile was staring dumbstruck at Bulma. Her usually sneering mouth was hanging open and her black eyes were bulging with surprise and anger. "How dare you speak to you future queen like that!" Zucchini screeched, her hands opening and closing like clawed talons.

"How would you rather I speak to you? Should I change my tone of voice? Maybe you'd prefer it if I spoke another language at you?" Bulma promptly rattled of a few sentences in a language which none of the saiyans around her understood, but all of them noted the derogatory way in which she said the foreign words and the way Bulma's eyes narrowed hatefully.

"I didn't mean that and you know it!" Zucchini lowered her voice to an icy bite and tried to calm down, but Bulma smiled that infuriating smile again and her rage reignited.

"Well what did you mean?" Bulma asked innocently and took another dainty bite of the fresh green salad, looking expectantly at Zucchini. "Well?" She prompted when Zucchini remained silent; her teeth clenched so hard Bulma wouldn't have been surprised if they'd shattered.

Bulma shrugged and looked back at Vegeta, her movement seeming to make the princess pull herself together. Her black eyes steeled themselves as they clashed with Bulma's frosty blue ones.

"It must be terribly demeaning being kept with a collar around your neck like some sort of pet." Zucchini raised her pencil think eyebrows and took a sip of her drink; priding herself on her calm voice. "As though you're some kind of animal." Zucchini added with scornful amusement.

"Not really. I am an animal in bed, ask prince Vegeta." Bulma spoke distractedly as though she didn't consider Zucchini important enough to really pay attention too. She glanced instead at Vegeta and gently stroked her collar. "Sometimes he even has to tie me up to control me." Zucchini spluttered and Bulma looked back at her with wide eyes. "I'm sorry does speaking about sex embarrass you? You're not a virgin are you?" Bulma laughed throatily, tossing her head back in genuine amusement.

"How dare you!" Zucchini howled as she sprang to her feet and began to stalk around the table, eyes blazing.

Bulma opened her eyes and laughed drunkenly at Zucchini who was casting a comically thin shadow with outreached arms against the stone wall.

Zucchini had only taken a few steps when an iron hard grip closed about her wrist and she was jerked off her feet and back into her seat.

"You're causing a scene." Vegeta bit out coldly at her as he let go of her wrist. "Stop behaving little a jealous little child and start acting as the future queen should." Vegeta looked across at Bulma and frowned darkly as he continued in the same distant tone. "And you can stop provoking her! You're behaving pretty childishly yourself."

There was silence for a moment and both Bulma and Zucchini looked at Vegeta with identical expressions of resentment.

Zucchini finally looked away and seethed in silence; Bulma meanwhile seized her empty goblet and hurled it at Vegeta as she clamoured unsteady to her feet. Vegeta jerked to the side and the goblet flew past him and hit the floor with a dull, metallic clattering sound. It rolled across the floor for several feet before coming to a rest, rocking to and fro before becoming still.

There was a deadly silence to the room and all eye locked on Bulma who was still swaying unsteadily, gripping the table with her hands as she continued to glare at Vegeta.

"The reason I'm behaving so childishly is probably because I'm technically still only a child. On earth we don't become adults until we're Eighteen years old." Bulma's voice was shaking with suppressed resentment and her eyes blazed at Vegeta with hatred. "Of course in practice I suppose I'm not a child anymore." Bulma tucked a few loose strands of hair behind her ear and straightened to her full height as Vegeta also rose to his feet, his hands clenched into fists.

"I suppose you blame me for that?" Vegeta ground his teeth as Bulma's hateful look intensified and she began to shake with repressed emotion.

"Of course I do, you stole my innocence. You and you're entire damned race." Her voice was bare whisper but Vegeta couldn't mistake the concentrated distaste for his race in it. A muscle jumped in Bulma's cheek and she abruptly whirled around insulting Vegeta by turning her back on him. Her voice abruptly changed back to its bored tone and her hands unclenched. "I suddenly feel the need for privacy."

Vegeta continued to stand, watching as Brolly and Bardock stood; ready to follow Bulma. Vegeta swallowed, aware of the curious eyes of the rest of the guests at the table watching them with morbid curiosity. "You can leave, but I'll be working this entire dialogue out of your skin later." His spoke in a low growl so that only Bulma could hear him. "You're going to be begging with mercy by the time I'm done with you."

"I wouldn't want it any other way." Bulma ground out pridefully and stalked away, Bardock and Brolly following close behind her, throwing anxious looks over their shoulders at Vegeta.

"Serves you right!" Zucchini hissed up at him as Vegeta banged a fist on the table, rattling the cutlery and dishes. He stared stonily ahead, composing himself before he glanced around the banquet table, meeting each gaze until the other person looked away.

"She's not yet an adult?" Vegeta's father laughed as Vegeta sat down, still stony faced. "I didn't know you liked them quite that young." He continued laughing long after Vegeta had turned away.

~*~

"I hate him! I hate him!" Bulma screamed drunkenly as she picked up an ornamental vase and hurled it against the wall for effect. "Everything is his fault."

Bardock nodded and tried desperately to placate Bulma as she ranted on; oblivious to Brolly who was crawling around on the plush carpet, trying his hardest to pick up the pieces of the shattered vase before Bulma could do anything rash with the sharp shards.

The main room of Bulma's suit was a mess. The moment she had stepped inside the pale blue walls of the room and the royal blue carpets had apparently served only to remind her of Vegeta and she had begun ranting and screaming, breaking anything that was remotely breakable.

"Look at me!" Bulma shouted as she pulled the green overdress off with a decided lack of finesse and tossed it angrily to the floor, pausing only to stomp on it hatefully before gesturing at her body which was now encased only in the tiny black underdress. "Look at the scars!"

Bardock looked closer at her arms and saw that they were indeed marred with several scars. Even her legs were scarred in places and Bardock suppressed a shiver as he thought about the things that Vegeta must do to her.

"I'm going to have to wear long sleeved tops for the rest of my life because of him! He's so selfish! I hate him!" Bulma wailed, dropping to the carpet and began to cry in great heaving sobs that racked her body. "I'm only seventeen Bardock! Seventeen! Girls my age are supposed to be hanging out with their friends and shopping in malls! Not being abused and used by arrogant princes!" Bulma cried even harder and shied away from Bardock when he tried to comfort her. She continued in a choked up voice, devoid of any emotion except self pity. "And the worst thing is that I'm starting to like what he does to me! And I can't help but hate him even more for making me into some sort of masochistic freak!"

Bulma curled up into a ball and sobbed quietly until Bardock reluctantly placed a hand on her shoulder and forced her to look at him. "Miss Briefs! Bulma! Please stop crying! The prince will be arriving soon!" Bardock spoke quickly and quietly, gripping her shoulder and giving her a small shake. "You can't let him see you like this! He despises weakness and you don't want him crawling back to Zucchini do you?"

This snapped Bulma out her crying fit and she nodded at him, blinking water logged eyes and smoothing back stray strands of hair which glistened with moisture. "You're right. I have to put up a good front." Bulma ran a trembling hand through her hair which was still piled up on top of her head and took a shuddering breath.

Bardock breathed a sigh of relief and signalled to Brolly that everything was under control. He stretched down a hand to Bulma who gripped it and allowed him to help her to her feet.

"What should I wear? I can't stay in this!" Bulma moaned in sudden panic as she looked down at what she was wearing, clearly unnerved. Her blue eyes widened and Bardock was afraid that she would begin crying again.

"Go to your room and put on something seductive. Brolly and I will wait here and stall the prince if he comes before you're ready." Bardock spoke with the practiced efficiency of one who had ordered many other people around and he gave her a gentle shoe in the direction of what he thought was her main room. Bulma nodded mechanically, weaving her way unsteadily to her bedroom before slamming to door. The door opened a moment later and Bulma came back out, hiccupping with laughter.

"That's the bathroom." She gestured at the door and walked over to the only other door in the room, closing it behind her with deceptive gentleness.

"She's only seventeen!" Bardock exploded suddenly, looking at Brolly and shaking his head. "Even I wouldn't touch a girl that young!"

"Maybe Vegeta didn't know how old she was." Brolly tried to keep emotion out of his voice as he shrugged and finished picking up the shards of the vase. He had almost finished when the main door was flung open.

"Where is she?" Vegeta roared angrily as he stormed in, slamming the door shut behind him with a bang that shook the entire room. Vegeta's face was tensed with a rage that was barely in check.

"She's changing into something more appealing, my Lord." Brolly cursed himself mentally at the shake in his voice as he and Bardock knelt in front of their prince. When Vegeta made to cross the room and barge in Bardock leapt to his feet again, a high note of panic in his usually rough voice. "My Lord! Wait! I think I should warn you about Bulma before you go in!"

"Warn me?" Vegeta paused, his hand hovering above the door handle, energy beginning to crackle around him as he grew even angrier. "Warn me about what?" He still sounded angry but also curious about what Bardock had to say. Vegeta let go of the ornate doorhandle and took a step towards Bardock.

"Her mood, sire" Bardock kept his voice steady and inclined his head as Vegeta looked at him suspiciously. "She was very, very angry when we returned earlier. I just thought that I warn you that perhaps…" Bardock's voice trailed off as the bedroom door opened and Bulma peered into the room with wide, semi frightened eyes.

Vegeta's head snapped around and he stared at her with a mixture of violence and need. "Get out."

Vegeta motioned for Brolly and Bardock to leave and waited until the door had closed behind them before he grabbed Bulma's arm fiercely and pulled her out of her bedroom.

"Vegeta I…" Vegeta cut her off with a slicing gesture of his hand.

"What were you thinking earlier?" Vegeta bellowed, so angry Bulma could actually feel him shaking. "What on earth was going on in your thick little skull?" He dragged Bulma across the room and all but threw her into one of the plush lounge chairs as he paced back and forth in front of her, his lips curled back from his teeth like an animal.

"What did you expect me to do, sire?" Bulma fought to keep the sarcasm out of her voice, unprepared when Vegeta turned back to her and dealt her stinging slap to the face.

Pain exploded in her head and she saw starbursts dancing in front of her eyes. Bulma raised a hand to her check and gingerly touched the spot where he had hit her, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"Do you have any idea how much you embarrassed me at dinner?" Vegeta howled angrily, continuing to rave at her. He raised his hand as though to hit her once more and Bulma cringed back into the chair and tightly closed her eyes, her voice high with panic.

"I'm sorry! I didn't think!" One of her arms moved up to shield her face and Vegeta hesitated, anger still throbbing through his veins and urging him to punish her more thoroughly.

"Do you ever think?" Vegeta screamed in rage and pounded a fist into the coffee table in front of Bulma. His mouth twitching in satisfaction as the coffee table all but shattered and Bulma jumped and shrieked in fear as the splinters from it hit her, causing her to burrow even further into the chair like a frightened animal.

"I'm sorry! It'll never happen again! I'm so sorry!" Bulma's voice dropped down to a pathetic whimpering tone and Vegeta stalked away from her, his tail still lashing back and forth with anger.

He looked back to her, his eyes still glittering dangerously. "Tomorrow you will begin work in the science labs. You will rebuild your ki gun or I will kill you myself." He walked closer to her as he spoke, the threat in his voice intensifying with each step. "Do you understand me?" He dropped to one knee in front of her and growled the last sentence out through clenched teeth as he resisted the urge to break her fragile little neck.

"Yes, Prince Vegeta." Bulma slowly opened one eye, her voice uncertain and shaky as she saw how close to her he was and how angry his eyes still were.

"Excellent." Vegeta nodded and decided on another type of punishment for Bulma tonight. "If you need me at any stage during the night I'll be in Zucchini's suit." Vegeta watched with sadistic amusement as his words pierced Bulma and anger and hurt swirled in her blue eyes. "Sweet dreams." He snarled back at her sarcastically as he strode from the room.

~*~

A/N - Vegeta is such a bastard! Oh well! Thanks to David who helped me improve this chapter! You rock dude (I hope this is an improvement!)