Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 24: “Everybody knows and everybody cares, until they're walking in my shoes, and now I know, it's you that I cannot lose” -Zebrahead
 
After two days of not finding Minako, Goten and the others have started to give up hope. How was it possible that no matter where they all went they just couldn't sense her power level? Goten started to think that Minako flew off into a different country, or worse… died. Trunks and Goku were the only ones who actually weren't losing hope.
 
In school everyone was asking Trunks where Minako was, but when he didn't answer they would say something like, “She probably couldn't take it that everyone hated her. Hopefully she's gone for good now.” Then they would just leave while laughing.
 
During the passing from 4th period to 5th period on Thursday (they started school on Monday) Kasumi walked up to Trunks with two of her best friends.
 
“Hi there Trunks how are you?”
 
Trunks, who was putting his books away into his locker, slammed it shut making the 3 girls jump up.
 
“What the do you want from my life Kasumi?”
 
“Trunks… why are so mean to mean all of a sudden? Are you still upset that Minako hasn't come back to school? Look, I'm sorry but I have no idea how that is my fault.”
 
Apparently not even her two best friends knew that Kasumi spread a lie around about Minako. She was just too damn nice to everyone for anyone to suspect her to do something as horrible as what she did. Then one of her friends spoke.
 
“Yeah Trunks, not only did Minako hurt Kasumi's feelings but she almost broke her arm!”
 
“Yeah! Did you see her in the Nurse's office on Tuesday? That was because Minako hit Kasumi straight in the arm!”
 
Trunks widened his eyes, he didn't know if this was true or another one of Kasumi's lies. If it was true then, hey who could blame her? If it wasn't… then how did Kasumi end up in the office? Trunks didn't understand what the truth was or what a lie was anymore, so much lies… it's hard to tell anymore.
 
Kasumi smiled innocently, oh how Trunks hated that fake smile, “Don't worry about me though, I'm fine. I just hope Minako comes back to school soon. I'd hate to see her stay home all alone just because of this little incident.”
 
Trunks clenched his teeth, “First of all I don't care is Minako rips off your friggen arm! Second of all, the only reason she's not in school is because you are a stupid bitch that is spreading lies throughout the school!”
 
“Trunks… what are you talking about—“As soon as Kasumi went to Trunks and put her hand on his shoulder he grabbed her arm and tossed her on ground.
 
“ARE YOU CRAZY!!?” Her friends quickly rushed to help Kasumi up.
 
The kids all around stopped and glared at Trunks, yelling at him. Asking him why he just did that and other things. Then Trunks yelled out at all of them
 
“Why do all of you ignore and make fun of Minako? If I recall on the first day of school everyone was friends with her!! What happened!!!??? Huh?? Can someone tell me?”

Then one kid yelled out, “She started spreading fucking rumors about Kasumi when she didn't even do anything!”
 
Trunks continued to yell, “OH REALLY!!!!??? Did anyone happen to hear any of these `rumors'!!??” Kids looked around to see if anyone raised their hand, and after a while no one did Trunks continued, “I see, but everyone knows about the rumors Kasumi spread! I find it hard to believe that NOT A SINGLE PERSON heard of Minako's `rumors' but EVERYONE heard of Kasumi's rumors!”
 
“But what about Minako almost breaking Kasumi's arm!!?? Everyone saw her in the nurse's office!!”
 
Then one of the girls from the two days before said, “Yeah that's right, me and my friend came into the bathroom where this happened as soon as Kasumi yelled out in pain!!!”

Trunks was getting really aggravated, “SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO YOURSELF! You say this happened, but did anyone actually see this happen?? I don't think so!!!”
 
“But why would Kasumi lie to us about all this?” Yelled out an individual in the crowd.
 
“Yeah that's right; she's always been so nice and truthful with us!!”
 
Trunks looked down at Kasumi who was slowly getting up from the ground, “Why don't you ask her yourself? As for me… I'M OUTTA HERE!”
 
Before Trunks took even 3 steps away, Kuro and his friends stepped in front of him and said, “You ain't going no where. One more step and the principal's gonna here about this.”
 
Trunks glared at them with the evil eyes of a Super Saiyen and said, “Move or be killed on the spot.”
 
The three moved out of the way and watched as Trunks stomp towards a window and jump out. They all ran up to the window and stared in awe how he landed on the ground from a 3rd story window without breaking anything. As soon as the boy ran from the school grounds the entire crowd's attention went to Kasumi who was standing there with watery eyes.
 
“I… I… I feel… so ashamed. To be the cause… of… such a good friendship… I… I'm such… A BAD PERSON!!!”
 
She fell to her knees and broke out into tears, tears that only the one providing them knew were fake, “I don't understand why I'm being accused!! What did I do to deserve this... what!!!??”
 
Kids around her kneeled down and showed her comfort and eventually the crowd separated and everyone made their way to their classrooms.
 
 
 
Trunks couldn't believe what he had just done; did he seriously lose his mind during the course of the day? He was surely to be suspended now, he thought about this while sitting on the curb a little farther away from the school.
 
The boy walked all the way to his one and only home, Capsule Corp. Before walking up to the front steps he sensed if there were any power levels in the house. Luckily there wasn't. His mother said that she was taking his father to get a hair cut, Vegeta was grumbling the entire morning as they were leaving right after Trunks left.
 
Trunks went to his room after breaking the lock on one of the glass doors in the back by turning it too much. Hopefully Bulma wouldn't mind considering no one ever comes here without an ID scan in the front of the house.
 
After changing onto dark blue pants, a black sleeveless shirt, orange training boots, and his usual belt; Trunks flew out his window and into the late morning sky. He decided to go to the forest near Goku and ChiChi's house and look some more for Minako.
 
Trunks search for about an hour before he realized that he was so thirsty that his mouth was dry. The violet haired boy quickened his pace in search of some kind of water to quench his thirst. He walked a couple of minutes until he heard the sound of a waterfall. Trunks followed the sound until he got to a clearing in the forest, but what was strange is that it looked… familiar.
 
The waterfall was pretty big going into a pool of water. Surrounding this were bushes and trees with grass and plants. Trunks realized he had walked pretty far because this place is close to Ox King Mountain. Not only that but, this was where Minako and Trunks had met… but he could not sense any power levels except for a few birds and deer around.
 
Just as soon as the boy was about to leave after drinking some water he heard the sound of footsteps coming from near the waterfall. He turned around and saw a girl climbing out from behind a bush; she was looking down at the ground so her face was not seen. But just as soon as she looked up, it was clear that it was… Minako.
 
Staring wide-eyed at Trunks she asked in a weak voice, “What are you doing here?”
 
Trunks examined Minako from head to toe. Her hair was pretty messy; there were bags under her eyes, indicating the lack of sleep she's been getting. Her blue shirt and dark blue shorts were wrinkled and a little dirty. And she looked thinner and more tired than the last time they seen each other.
 
Was really puzzled Trunks was how neither he nor Goku could sense her power level. Even now, just a few feet away from the girl, she seemed to have the power level of just a small bird… was it still being suppressed?
 
“Aren't you going to answer me?”

Trunks had realized that Minako asked him a question and he didn't answer.
 
“Oh I'm sorry… everyone is worried and… WHY THE HELL DID YOU RUN AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE?”
 
Minako took a small step back and looked at the ground.
 
“Why should I go back anyway? Goten hates me along with the rest of the entire school because I something I didn't even do. My parents say they want to give me away since I don't listen to them -“
 
“What are you talking about!? You parents love you!! They would never give you away. Also I don't hate you… I just—”
 
“Yes you do! You can't convince me otherwise!!”
 
Trunks looked at the ground, it was obvious that Minako was still upset about everything… she had every right to be. Trunks walked slowly towards her which made Minako take a step back and into the ready position to fight just in case. Trunks looked at her with sorrowful eyes and just got closer and closer to Minako. She started to walk backwards but Trunks got to her first. He took her by the shoulder and pulled her to him gently.
 
Minako widened her eyes as soon as her face lay against his chest. She tried to pull away and noticed that he wouldn't let go.
 
“Let go of me! You hate me remember!!?? You said it yourself you never wanna see me again!”
 
Tears were streaming down her face and she pounded her fists on his chest, but he wouldn't let go. Trunks just closed his eyes and hugged her so she wouldn't run away from him anymore. Minako gave up and just started sobbing into his chest. She fell to her knees with Trunks still hanging on to her. He finally loosened his grip as soon as Minako wrapped her arms around his waist, she didn't want him to go either.
 
After a while Minako finally calmed down, with tears still coming out of her eyes. Trunks sat down and Minako put her head on his lap. Trunks stared at Minako who had her head faced away from him.
 
“Why did you come to get me?”
 
“Because I was worried… everyone was. How come you didn't go to your parents after you ran from school?”
 
Minako started crying again so she covered her eyes with her hand, “I did! I heard their conversation about how they want to give me away to grandpa or someone else if I misbehave one more time! Then the phone from school rang, it seemed as though that was the last straw!!”
 
Minako couldn't stop crying which made her very angry, “STOP CRYING!!! Oh what's with me?? Just please stop crying…why can't I stop…”
 
Trunks looked sympathetically at the girl. “Minako, its okay to cry. And are you sure your parents said that? Maybe if you went home and we all talked together we'd see there's a misunderstanding.”
 
“I think you mean if it's a misunderstanding”
 
“No I mean there is a misunderstanding… don't you see we all care about you? Your father and I have been looking for you the past two days. Your mother's been making phone calls to see if anyone has seen you. Even Goten looked around the city trying to find you.”
 
Minako uncovered her eyes and looked at Trunks, “Really? You're not just saying that to make me feel better?”
 
“No, I would never do that.” Then Trunks noticed that Minako's power level seemed to be still suppressed, “You know Minako… you don't have to suppress your power level anymore.”
 
“I'm not though…”
 
“What!? But… how is that possible? Did you eat anything that last few days?”
 
Minako turned around, closed her eyes and got comfortable on Trunks's lap, “I haven't eaten or slept since Monday night…”
 
“Minako!!! That's not good!!!” Trunks sighed and looked up at the sky. “Minako… please don't do this to yourself. You have so many people who care about you, so if you hurt yourself then… you're not just doing this to yourself. You're also hurting the people around you…” Trunks looked down at Minako and saw that she was laying quietly on his lap with her eyes closed which still had tears on her cheeks, “Uh Minako… are you asleep?”
 
It was official; Minako was asleep and lying on Trunks. He didn't want to wake her since she hadn't spelt for almost 3 days. He gently lifted her in his arms and flew out of the forest and to her house.
 
END OF CHAPTER 24