Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The 1st Son Daughter??? ❯ Chapter 27

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27: U.T.T. (The Ultimate Trunks Training)
 
Trunks left home as soon as Gohan and Minako came back inside. ChiChi was no where to be seen on the first floor. The siblings made their way up stairs and saw their mother in her room looking out the window while folding the clean laundry. She put one of her shirts away and then took out one of Goku's orange training shirts. She rubbed it against her face and whispered, “Goku…”
 
Minako looked at Gohan who was feeling a lot of sympathy for his mother. Then all of a sudden they heard their mother yell,
 
“How come you're never home anymore!!!!? I hardly ever see you, Vegeta sees you more than I do!!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!”
 
And with that, ChiChi accidentally ripped Goku's shirt, she looked down at it and sighed. The mother put it on the bed and continued folding the laundry. Gohan and Minako tip-toed into Minako's room and sat down on the floor.
 
Minako asked Gohan, “Hey Gohan, has mom and dad always been like this?”
 
Gohan nodded, “Yeah as long as I can remember, dad told me that mom loved him very much even since they were kids.” He laughed, “Yeah I heard that when dad competed in the annual Martial Arts tournament, mom…” Gohan realized he almost said something he shouldn't have.
 
“Mom what?”
 
“Uh… well anyway it's just dad is either training with Vegeta, Krillen, Yamcha, Piccolo, or Tien or saving the world so he's hardly ever home. This upsets mom that all.”
 
Minako had a confused look on her face, “Who?”
 
“Oh those are just some of dad's friends. They're always helping him save the earth.” Minako nodded her head blankly. After a while of explaining who each person is Gohan realized its 11:55 am already, he got up and said, “Oh, it's almost noon. Wanna head to Trunks's?” Minako got up and shook her head eagerly, “But uh… first maybe you and I should change outta these clothes. How are you gonna train in such an over sized shirt?”
 
 
 
Thankfully Gohan's shirt was dried so he put that on and Minako changed into a red shirt and kept on her jean shorts. The two came downstairs and just as they were about to leave their mother's voice stopped them.
 
“Where do you think you two are going?”
 
Gohan and Minako saw their mother sitting on the recliner with Akemi in her lap watching something on TV and Gohan answered,
 
“Oh I'm just gonna take Minako out for some ice cream in the city. I mean me and her never got to do any brother-sister bonding. Right Minako?”
 
Minako got the drift, “Oh yeah, we're just gonna get some ice cream.”
 
ChiChi looked at the two and said, “Alright, but if you're gonna miss lunch just call me but be back for dinner.”
 
“We will mom,” the two headed for the door.
 
“”Oh and if you see Goku while you're in the city, tell him I want him to come home, immediately.”
 
“We will mom.” Just as soon as Gohan said that the siblings left out the door leaving their mother alone in the house. With only a small purple dragon to accompany her.
 
 
 
Gohan and Minako got to the Brief's household and Trunks was the one who answered the door. He was wearing a black shirt with dark pants with his usual orange belt. In his hand was a sword and on his back was the sheath.
 
“Oh hey guys, sorry I lost track of time. Come on in.” Minako stared at the sword and Trunks noticed, “Oh I see you've noticed my sword. Sorry I forgot to put it away.”
 
Trunks put the sword in his sheath and walked into a hallway that led into a room. It was the same room Minako took with Goten to get to the spaceship in their yard. There Trunks took off the strapped sheath and sword and put it on the couch they had. After that the three of them walked out into the yard and up the stairs to the ship.
 
Gohan stared at the ship, “It looks bigger since the last time I saw it.”
 
Trunks chuckled, “You're just old, and your memory's getting worse.”
 
Gohan held up his fist, “I told you I'm only 27!”

Trunks laughed, `Yeah, yeah, whatever you say gramps.”
 
“I can't wait `til we get inside and I kick your ass!”
 
“We'll just see about that.”
 
The door opened and they all walked inside. Minako looked around and remembered the last time she was here. It was with Vegeta… only the gravity was times 300.
 
“Uh Minako you okay?”

Minako looked at trunks and smiled, “Yup, so who's fighting who?”
 
Gohan said, “I don't care as long as I can fight Trunks!”
 
Trunks replied, “You're pretty eager to get your ass whooped by me aren't you?”
 
Minako sat down a little farther away from the two. She wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her chin on her knees.
 
Gohan looked at his sister and said to Trunks, “Uh… you know what? I just remember that Videl told me to be home by one o'clock. So I better head home.”
 
Trunks widened his eyes because he got what Gohan was trying to do and said, “But it's not one yet. I'm sure you can stay.”
 
“Oh you know how long it takes to get to our house. Besides I need to… uh… pick up groceries.” He made a sneaky smile and made his way to the door, “So I'll be leaving you two. Bye.”
 
Before Trunks had a chance to say anything Gohan was outside flying away. Trunks looked at Minako who was staring at him with confused eyes.
 
“Uh… so I guess it's just you and me now, Minako.”
 
Minako nodded and asked, “Are we gonna train without Gohan?”
 
“I guess so, but uh… are you sure you wanna fight against me? I mean… have you ever fought against anyone… ever?”
 
“Uh huh, sure! I fought against grandpa all the time when I was little!”
 
“Okay then, let's just see what you can do.” Minako nodded and got into a fighting stance, “Oh no, you're not gonna fight me. You're gonna fight against a robot first.”
 
Trunks went over to the big computer in the middle of the room, pressed a few buttons and then a door opened. Out of the door flew out a robot a little bigger than a watermelon. Minako stared at it the entire time the robot flew over to her about 30 miles an hour. As soon as it got in arms length to Minako she punched it. It fell to the ground with circuits and wires peering through the giant hold Minako just made in it.
 
Trunks stared at the ground and then looked at Minako, “Okay… maybe that was a little too easy.”
 
“You think?”

“Okay let's try something different.”
 
Trunks pressed some more buttons and the same door opened, but this time 5 of the same robots flew out. This time the shot lasers at Minako. Minako yelled out in pain and dropped to her knees.
 
“Minako! Are you okay!?”

Minako nodded and got up, looked around at all these flying robots. They shot the lasers at her again but this time Minako jumped up to dodge them. She maneuvered herself behind one of the robot and punch right through it. Okay 4 more to go. She flipped backwards to dodge another laser and kicked right off the wall behind her and straight into a robot a few feet in front of her. But the laser she dodged reflected off the wall and hit her straight back. Minako landed on one knee and tried to figure out what happened. But while she was thinking another robot shot a laser right at her back. The girl turned around and tried to kick the robot, but it dodged her kick. So she just threw a punch, this continued for a few seconds before another robot shot its laser into her left arm. Now Minako was getting pissed off. She grabbed the robot she was fighting and threw it straight into the robot that hit her. And then there was one… all of a sudden Minako felt something headed towards her. So she ducked and just barely missed the laser heading towards her but this time it bounced off the floor and hit her back just like before.
 
“HEY!! What's the deal?”
 
“Sorry I forgot to tell you, the floor and walls reflect the laser. Minako pay attention!!”
 
“Huh?” Minako turned around and the robot hit her with another laser right in the cheek.
 
She touched her cheek and then looked at her hand… blood was on her hand. Minako ducked down to avoid the next laser and then that same laser when it reflected off the floor. It was like a game; dodge the laser, walls reflect it, dodge it again. This could go on forever, then Minako got an idea. She kicked off the floor and went behind the robot. The laser headed straight towards Minako, but instead of hitting her it hit the robot. Finally, it's over! Minako sat on the floor gasping for air.
 
Trunks ran over to the girl, “You okay? That was pretty impressing for your first time fighting.”
 
Minako smiled, “Thanks Trunks, so do I get to fight you now?”
 
“No way, I'm way too advanced for you! But if you want we can make it a little harder.”
 
Minako got up and grinned, “Yeah! How about raising the gravity level… oh let's say, 100 times normal?”
 
“Minako! You're crazy; you can't go straight to 100 times normal gravity! Let's start off at... 2 times normal—“
 
“Hey I'm not a baby!!!”
 
“C'mon Minako, you could hardly hold your own at normal gravity against these puny little robots!”
 
“They got me by surprise!!”
 
“Fine, 10 is the highest you get. How's that sound?”
 
Minako crossed her arms, “Fine… but it's gonna be too easy.”
 
“I highly doubt that,” Trunks went over to the machine and slowly turned the dial until the number changed to 10. He let go and the room's lights turned red and the gravity system started whirring. Minako fell down on her stomach and Trunks chuckled at that.
 
“See told you so.”
 
 
Just and Trunks was about to turn the knob to turn off the gravity Minako yelled out, “Wait!”
She made her way up and said while struggling, “S-see? Everything's fine, I j-just slipped!”
 
Trunks nodded with a smile on his face, he turned around easily and typed on the computer. The gravity level was really easy for him unlike Minako who was using most of her energy to stand up straight. This time three of the same robots came out again and flew towards Minako. Oh kame, again with the lasers!
 
The lasers began to fire at Minako who did a summersault forward to avoid them. The lasers of course bounce off the floor, hit the wall, bounced off the next wall, and aimed straight at Minako. Minako tried to jump as high as she could but only managed to jump 2 feet, thankfully it was enough to avoid the lasers. But this made Minako crash straight down to the ground, she quickly got up and saw the third robot aim a laser at her, she lunged away from it. Now she had 3 lasers bouncing off the walls and floor trying to hit. Then she noticed a laser heading right towards Trunks, but he was too busy looking after Minako to notice.
 
“Trunks!!! Watch out, a laser—“
 
Trunks moved his head out of the way of the laser; Minako sighed of relief but then felt something burn into her right side. Damn lasers…
 
“Pay more attention to the lasers than to me, Minako! I can take care of myself; you just worry about beating the robots!”
 
Minako grabbed her side and struggled to get up. This isn't right… how come it's so hard? Then all of a sudden she remembered the last time she stood her with Vegeta. She remembers how he smirked as she was struggling to stay up… You idiot! Look at you! Falling down as soon as the gravity kicked in!! …” Minako dodged a laser but it reflected and hit her. She remembered that annoying smirk… “Are you okay down there? Want me to adjust the dial back to normal?”
 
“NO!!!”
 
Minako couldn't take it anymore, if she can't beat these stupid robots how will she ever beat Vegeta? She stood up all the way and let out a huge ki blast from her hands. It was so big that it not only got the three robots but Trunks had to get out of the way so he wouldn't get fried. Finally she calmed down and looked down at her hands… what was that just now?
 
“Are you crazy!?”
 
Minako looked at Trunks who was getting up; he ran over to the machine and turned off the gravity.
 
“W-what did I just do?”
 
Trunks walked over to Minako and grabbed her by the arm, while pulling her up he said, “That was a huge ki blast! You're lucky my mom made this ship with a thickness of 8 foot steel otherwise the whole thing would have exploded!!”
 
“'Ki blast?'” Minako said still looking confusingly at her palms.
 
Trunks kneeled down next to her, “You really don't know what you just did?”
 
Minako shook her head, “No… I just got really mad, held out my hands to stop everything, but instead that… blast shot out.”
 
“Well… it's kinda hard to explain what exactly it is but...”
 
“It's when you gather together some of your energy then just let it go straight at your opponent.”
 
The two kids looked over to where the voice was coming from. It was Goku and Vegeta standing in the doorway. Goku was the one who spoke; he went over to his daughter and wiped away the blood dripping on her cheek.
 
Trunks lost a little color when he saw his father, “H-Hi dad! Y-you're home e-early.”
 
“Surprised? After training with Kakorot in the wastelands we wanted to train under extra gravity pressure. But we didn't know you two were in here alone.”
 
Goku grinned, “Aw c'mon Vegeta they were just training, are you okay sweetheart?”
 
Minako and Vegeta were glaring at each other. Each one held a grudge from the last time they spoke, and neither of them was going to let it go that easily.
 
“I see this time you didn't lose so easily huh?” Vegeta said to Minako while smirking.
 
“No I didn't, I see this time you didn't lose against my dad so easily,” Minako said mockingly.
 
“How about I shut that mouth of yours, girl!?”
 
“How about I shut yours!?”
 
Minako got up and then both Minako and Vegeta took a step forward with their fists up. Goku got up as well and stood in between the two.
 
“Whoa, whoa, Minako, Vegeta enough of this. We didn't come here to fight; we fight against our enemies not our friends.”
 
Minako and Vegeta turned their backs to each other and at the same time said very coldly, “Who says we're friends!?”

Trunks leaned against the machine and slapped his forehead, “Oh god… here we go again.”
 
Goku was getting a little mad but continued to smile, “Listen, how about we just all get along together. I know, let's go on head-to-head!! The Son Family against the Briefs family, how's that sound?”

Minako and Vegeta turned their head a little to see each other at the corner of their eye, “Sound good to me.”
 
Trunks said, “Okay fine… are we keeping it normal gravity?”
 
Vegeta turned towards Minako, “Of course, for the little girl.”
 
Minako turned around too, “No Trunks, unless this wimpy baby has an objection.”
 
“Grr… TIMES FIVE-HUNDRED TRUNKS NOW!”

Goku stepped in, “Uh… I have an objection. Can we keep on normal gravity? So that there'll be no accidents?”

Goku walked over to Trunks and the two stared at Minako and Vegeta who were apparently having a glaring contest, “Are those two always like that?”
 
Trunks nodded, “Yup, I just don't get it. Vegeta hates Minako more than he hates you.”
 
Goku sighed, “Boy… this is gonna be hard.
 
END OF CHAPTER 27