Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
() Telepathy ()
 
A/N: Hi all :) For those who are new to the story, I STRONGLY suggest you read The Price Of Powerfirst, before starting this one. For everyone else, here is the sequel I promised, Enjoy!
 
Chapter: One
 
-xXx-
 
“Put all of your strength into it this time, you're almost there!”
 
Teelana let out an excruciating cry, as she tried to do as the elderly midwife commanded. The birth of her second child was only mere moments away, though her birth pain seemed like it could go on forever.
 
“Push! The child is almost out!” stated the midwife.
 
In the Sorceresses bed chamber, located deep within Castle Grayskull. Adam stood in the shadows, watching the proceedings closely. Never would he of dreamed that his first child would be delivered in such a secretive and guarded manner. But, because of the shame he and Teelana still felt for the way the child was conceived, the young warrior saw little if any other options.
 
' Though they would be greatly surprised at first, I'm sure my parents would love the fact that they are now grandparents. But ... what would I say when they find out who the mother is ...'
 
He wore a long, black cloak and cowl, which concealed every detail of his body. The Sorceress was also donned in the same kind of disguise. She kept her head and face partially covered, with only her nose and mouth exposed, like Adam's. The two wanted to make sure the midwife that Adam hired could not in any way know who she was working for; even though they planned to later wipe her mind clean of the birth.
 
Adam knew wiping her mind was a bit of overkill, but do to his father having flyers put up in various towns and villages with his and Teela's faces, with a large reward for anyone knowing any information which would lead to the whereabouts of either or both persons. The pair sought not to take any chances with relying on the disguises alone.
 
' How can I face them after what I have done? ... I know they must be worried about me, but ... I can't face them just yet or maybe ever ...' he thought sadly.
 
So much had changed in his life over the last nine months. Besides the momentary birth of his first child, Adam emotionally had become a much stronger person. What he had accidentally done to his love still tormented his soul. But, he was learning to turn the pain into motivation to make sure an incident such like it never happened again. Slowly, he was beginning to understand what Kakarotto had meant; that not bringing Teela back with the Dragonball's was the best thing for him. And though he would of loved to see his love again, and feel her warm touch, he had to admit, losing her most likely stopped him from becoming consumed by the power he wields, and become a vile creature of evil like Skeletor.
 
' I wish I would of heeded Teela's warning's ... to bad it took her death to make me see the light ...'
 
Adam's heart began to sink, but the sudden sound of a child crying filled his ears, causing him to look up with surprise and quiet joy.
 
-xXx-
 
“Dare ...” Adam said looking at both his child and the child's mother.
 
Teelana gazed at the small life in her hands with mixed emotions. On one hand, her heart ached that this child was the result of her and Adam's sinful encounter. The shame she still felt over the incident was a black mark in her life, which she knew never would be removed. But, on the other hand, the child, though conceived in an iniquitous manner was in many ways a chance to correct the mistakes made with Teela. Unlike what she had done to Teela, Teelana had no plans on abandoning this child, regardless of duty.
 
“Dare ...” she said giving Adam a small smile. “That is a nice name for him ...”
 
“He has your eyes and hair ... but my face ...” Adam said with a chuckle.
 
Teelana returned Adam's small laugh with one of her own. She was weak after just giving birth, but do to not being the typical female, her recuperative powers were already healing her body.
 
“Will that be all my lord? ... Your child is fine, and your wife will need a week or so before she is back on her feet,” stated the midwife.
 
“Yes that will be all ... thank you for your help ...” Adam said flatly.
 
Before the midwife could reply back, a sudden dizziness came upon her. Seconds later, the accoucheuse was laying unconscious on the stone floor.
 
“Are you sure she will be okay? She did help us a ...--”
 
“I'm not a novice on how to use my powers, she will be fine,” Teelana said a bit sarcastically.
 
While the midwife was talking to Adam, the Sorceress had used her powers to wipe the elderly woman's memory of the childbirth clean; the side effect of which, was the old woman's dizziness and eventual passing out.
 
“Never said you were Teelana ...” he responded calmly.
 
Though the Sorceress had softened to him during the time of the pregnancy, Adam knew full well that she still harbored ill feelings towards him because of Teela.
 
“I will take her back to her home then ... will you be strong enough to handle Dare until I return?”
 
“Yes Adam ... we both will be fine,” the Sorceress said with a small smile, slightly amused that Adam was overly concerned, like any new father.
 
Adam bent down, scooping up the unconscious midwife in his arms. Then in a distortion of reality, the cloaked warrior disappeared from sight.
 
Dare continued to cry as the Sorceress held him tenderly in her arms. She slowly rose, carefully checking her grip, making sure the newborn wouldn't slip out of her hands, as she made her way over to a small crystal crib she had fashioned months ago with her powers. Laying the child on the small bed within, Teelana glared almost hypnotically at her second child, still in a bit of disbelief that he was there.
 
“I vow this to you my son ... you will know what is like to grow up with the love of both your parents ...” Teelana said fighting back tears, as images of Teela entered her mind.
 
The last nine months, proved to be a trying time for both her and Adam. She at first hated him with every fiber of her being. But, as time passed and her time to deliver came ever closer, she began to see things in a different light. Deep down the Sorceress knew what happened to Teela was a mistake. Though still bitter at Adam, she knew for Dare's sake, and for the fact of how eroding of ones soul hate can be, forgiveness had to be given.
 
Many questions raced through her mind, as she thought of what the future held for her and Adam's bastard child. If the child was blessed, he would enjoy a long and fulfilling life. She prayed, that he would never ask about why his parents were living in separate places, and not married. For that was a conversation Teelana didn't know if she would have the strength and or courage to answer truthfully.
 
-xXx-
 
In the hellish conditions of the Room of Spirit and Time, Evil-Lyn panted feverishly, as the flames licked around her. The room was the most horrible place she had ever encountered. So hot during the day, that flames literally were formed because of the temperature. So cold during the night, it literally turned into another Arctic wasteland. The air was so thin she could barely breath at times. Add on to it the entire room was constantly ten times more then the normal gravity on Vimoche, the whole thing was a complete nightmare.
 
She swore her life was about to come to an end, but yet not by the environment alone.
 
“Come at me again ...” Kakarotto said sternly, as he seemed completely unfazed by the environment.
 
Evil-Lyn gave her master a wary look. Half a year had passed within the room, with each day bringing forth the same results. Training in the flames by day, and the horribly debilitating cold by night.
 
“I said come!” he barked.
 
Kakarotto had warned her their time training would be neither pleasant nor fun. At first when he told her they would be training alone for three years, her heart leapt for joy. She concocted that alone she would win his heart without question. But, Evil-Lyn greatly underestimated how single minded her master could be when focusing on training.
 
“COME!”
 
In a blaze of dark purple, Evil-Lyn darted with all her might towards her master. She clearly saw, all that mattered now was power, and if she wanted to be truly powerful then her aspirations of being his love would have to be on hold until they exited the room.
 
Kakarotto watched Evil-Lyn streaking towards him with a pleased look. Quite frankly, the ex witch had taken a severe beating; as evident by her various bruises and tattered gray gi. But amazingly she was still able to continue on, showing her lord that she was clearly making the type of progress he wanted.
 
' Soon you will be ready my dear ... Then we shall see who will be the true bride of the warrior king,' he thought with a smirk.
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: This chapter was just a small taste of what's to come. Well, let me know what you all thought. :)