Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
- Telepathy -
 
A/N: Just a little reminder. My story is based on the 2002 version of He-Man. Enjoy!
 
Chapter: Four
 
-xXx-
 
For many the chance to correct previous wrongs is merely a dream. But when the chance at redemption does come. One should embrace it with open arms and fall on your knees, giving praise and gratitude to the living God for his kindness.
 
Adam's heart was simply overjoyed. For a year he suffered day and night with the guilt of Teela's death. Never did a day or a moment pass by without said feelings torturing his soul. Many times he fell upon his knees begging his God to take away his guilt; but yet it remained.
 
At first, he thought the guilt was punishment from Patamowos for what he had done. But after more prayer and meditation Adam soon realized that it wasn't his God which caused the pain, but he himself. A part of Adam wanted to suffer. A part never wanted him to forget what he had done to his love. Ultimately, his failure to forgive himself caused his agonizing, yet rightly deserved guilt.
 
But now, all of that was about to change ...
 
“Let go of me!” Teela screamed, as she tried to free her hands from Adam's vice like grasp.
 
“You're alive ...” Adam said hypnotically. “Dear Patamowos she's alive ...” the young warrior said as tears of joy started to fall.
 
“Are you mad?! Let go of ...--”
 
Adam dropped to his knees, letting go of his hold on Teela as he did. Teela immediately did a small back flip to give some distance between herself and the now openly weeping prince.
 
“Oh Teela ... I ... I thought I would never see your face again, except for in my dreams. I'm so sorry Teela, I'm so sorry for what I did ...” he uttered sadly.
 
Teela looked at the cloaked being in her room with great confusion. She was caught in-between calling for the royal guard and having the person arrested. Or finding out why someone was crying on their knees, begging her for forgiveness.
 
“I beg you, please forgive me ... Please ...” Adam desperately pleaded.
 
Teela cautiously watched the kneeling Adam; unsure of what to say or do to his plea.
 
When she had counterattacked after he had thrown the piece of debris at her. Adam was figuring that any punch or kick she tried would just pass right through him; do to him believing she was just an hallucination. But once she connected with a roundhouse kick to his temple, he joyfully realized that the so called image before him was indeed real.
 
“Why are you acting like this? Just who are you? ...” she asked sternly, yet with a hint of confusion.
 
Adam slowly reached for the top of his cowl, and with a bit of trepidation pulled the hood back. To say her response left him shocked would have been an understatement. Upon revealing his face, he had expected to be yelled at, cursed, or even physically attacked. But her response was something totally unexpected.
 
“You look sort of familiar ... but I don't think I know you ...“ she said a bit perplexed, as she tried to search her mind for where she'd seen Adam's face before.
 
“Teela it's Adam ... h-have you forgotten me? ...” Adam said sounding dejected.
 
Adam's heart felt like it was stuck in his throat as he waited for the answer. The one thing he knew which would devastate him was total rejection by her. Though he hoped that wouldn't happen, he feared that it was on the horizon.
 
“Adam?! ...” she asked shocked. “T-that's impossible, you look nothing like ...--”
 
Teela stopped herself as the door to her room suddenly burst open. Unbeknownst to the two, when Teela had dodged the piece of debris Adam threw at her. It had landed on a small wooden stand next to her bed, and somehow managed to trigger the silent alarm located in the back of it, which Man-At-Arm's had built into the structure incase of emergencies.
 
“Hold your ground both of you, or else we will be forced to fi ...-- Captain?! Prince Adam?!” the startled guard asked the even more surprised pair.
 
“Thank the ancients, where have you both been all this time? Man-At-Arm's and their highnesses have been worried sick. We all have searched relentlessly for you both but all the searches came up nil. We were beginning to think that both of you were killed in that explosion.”
 
Adam said nothing as he slowly rose; his shame being the cause of his silence. Teela though looked at the guard questioningly as his statement made absolutely no sense to her.
 
“What are you talking about soldier, what explosion? And why are you referring to this person as Adam?”
 
The seven guards along with Adam gave Teela a perplexed look in response to her statement. The events of a year ago were etched in everyone's minds. How anyone could forget those events was a mystery to those who heard the young captains words.
 
“Captain ... the explosion which happened a year ago outside the palace gates. Yourself and the prince were outside during that time battling Skeletor.”
 
“A year ago? ...” she asked startled.
 
“Yes captain. It has been a year since anyone has seen yourself and the prince. As I said, we were beginning to think that the explosion had killed you both.”
 
Teela couldn't believe her ears. She had no memory of an explosion of any kind, nor of anything else the guard had mentioned. Glancing over at the person who the guard referred to as Adam, Teela couldn't believe that this person was the prince of Eternia she had grown up with.
 
' But what if I was involved in an explosion and somehow my memory was effected because of it? What if this person is Adam and everything the guard has said is true? ...' Teela thought as she could feel the beginning stages of a headache coming on.
 
“Call for my father soldier, because none of this is making any sense to me,” Teela weakly stated as she was now suffering from a severe headache.
 
Adam watched silently as the guard activated his communicator. In minutes his former mentor would most likely come running through the door after hearing the report from the guard. He feared seeing his friend again. He feared seeing his parents and the Masters' again. A choice was now presented before him. Run away and hide like he had been doing so shamefully for a year. Or, brave whatever may come and trust his God that despite what happens to not give into fear and despair.
 
Like he did earlier, Adam began to silently pray for his God to help him.
 
-xXx-
 
Now close to eight o'clock of the same day, inside of Evil-Lyn's luxurious room. Evil-Lyn, who was now dressed in a similar outfit to what she wore back on Eternia, stood face to face with her master. Normally anytime she saw him her heart would jump for joy. But, as he stood before her, dressed in his usual black turtle school like gi, joy was the farthest thing from what she was feeling.
 
“B ... banishment?! ...” she asked in utter disbelief.
 
Evil-Lyn felt faint. Leaning against a nearby wall to steady herself, she looked upon her master horror-stricken
 
“Do not fret Evelyn it won't be a permanent exile,” Kakarotto said with a warm smile.
 
Understandably Evil-Lyn didn't feel any better. She just couldn't believe this was happening. Evil-Lyn quickly began to panic. Her deepest fear ever since following Kakarotto through the dimensional gate; was for him to cast her aside one day like garbage. She secretly feared giving him her heart, then having it trampled underfoot; like in many ways what Skeletor had eventually done to her.
 
A stream of tears started falling, as dread began to fill her heart.
 
“Please don't cry Evelyn, I hate seeing your tears,” he said gently while brushing her cheek with the back of his right hand.
 
Evil-Lyn though continued to cry. In the former witch's' mind, her new life was crumbling before her very eyes.
 
“Your highness, please do not do this to lady Evelyn,” Mara pleaded to her king. “I am the one who talked her into meeting with lady Seih. I deserve ...--”
 
“Shut up Mara!” Evelyn angrily lashed out to her kneeling maid. “How many times do I have to tell you it wasn't your fault?!”
 
In response to the outburst, Mara also began to weep. Her own misguided guilt and her mistresses possible fate, being the cause of her tears.
 
Kakarotto gazed upon both women with a bit of pity. He knew Evil-Lyn wouldn't be happy with his news of her banishment but he didn't expect her maid to take the news so demonstratively.
 
“I know this is hard for you to bare right now, but it is for the best ...” he said warmly, as he gently grabbed Evil-Lyn's chin and forced her to turn her attention back towards him. “Seih originally wanted you to be put to death, but I managed to persuade her to consider otherwise,” he said with a smirk.
 
“I'll kill that ...--”
 
Evil-Lyn cut herself off, as she tried to head for the entrance to her room, in hope of finishing her fight with Seih. But thankfully for the former witch, Kakarotto quickly grabbed her by the arm, before she did something which would of undoubtedly resulted in her execution.
 
“Let me go!” Evil-Lyn screamed at her master, as she unsuccessfully tried to free herself from his grip. “If she wants my head then fine! I'll make sure she'll have a good reason to want it this time!”
 
Evil-Lyn's eyes were ablaze with furry. The only other time Kakarotto had seen her this angry was towards Skeletor right before and during her battle with his minions.
 
“You must trust me Evelyn ...” Kakarotto said as he grabbed both her wrists, and slowly drew her towards him so they were less then an inch apart. “I promise this is only a temporary banishment and nothing permanent. I didn't take you away from Eternia only to cast you aside now. I wanted a better life for you then and even more so now. So please Evelyn ... just trust me ...”
 
Looking into his piercing black eyes Evil-Lyn's anger began to slowly melt away.
 
' Blast it! This is just like when he talked me into fighting Skeletor's minions for my freedom from that deformed fool. Back then I couldn't even say no, despite knowing the risk to me life, '
 
Like a whipped dog who despite being beaten will still wag their tail at her owner. Evil-Lyn knew she could not refuse her master. Evelyn buried her head into her masters chest, silently crying. She hated him having this type of power over her. Everything about Kakarotto always seemed to overwhelm the former witch. She again wondered if this was what the price of love will mean for her? To be his slave in every aspect of her being, even if it might mean one day sacrificing her life.
 
-xXx-
 
Adam laid in his old bed, aimlessly staring up at the ceiling. Cringer, his faithful friend, slept peacefully at the foot of the bed; happy as can be that his master had returned. Two days had passed since the strange incident inside Teela's room. What he first perceived to be an hallucination he now knew undoubtedly to be real. With this startling revelation Adam naturally wondered how such a thing could of happened.
 
' Perhaps teacher used the Dragonballs to revive her, but if so then why didn't he contact me to tell me? He wouldn't of just done it without saying a word. He promised me before he left, that if he decided to use the Dragonballs that he would inform me before he decides to, so I can be there at her resurrection. '
 
Adam began to wonder if something else was behind the apparent resurrection of his love. Kakarotto was not one to break a promise, so until he heard from his mentor, he decided to dismiss him as a candidate for the time being.
 
Adam then began to ponder if Patamowos had revived Teela in response to his many prayers. A sense of joy ran through him at the thought. He knew his God loved him and had forgiven him for his sins long ago. The idea that Teela's apparent resurrection came from his God seemed like a reasonable idea to him. It also seemed the best idea to explain her apparent memory loss of all events which happened before her death. The memory loss could be a blessing. To the young heir, her loss of memory could serve as a means for them to have a second chance together, without the horrible mistakes of the past interfering.
 
Of course though the problem of explaining Dare offered to put a serious kink in his chance at redemption. Explaining his son and his son's mother would be a conversation which might destroy any shot of restoration between he and Teela. But yet Adam did not care at the moment if it did or not. He was just overjoyed to have his love back in his life. Whatever problems may come, he deemed to give them over to his God to deal with instead of himself. His God could bare the weight of his problems much better then he. And though it was hard for him to not worry about the future. Adam knew it best to let the future worry about itself.
 
“Enter ...” he said in response to a sudden knock at his door.
 
As his parents entered the room, Adam let out a small sigh. Long before they had knocked on his door he had sensed them heading towards him. He had only seen them when the entire palace was awoken with the news of his and Teela's sudden reemergence.
At that time, neither parent nor child knew what to say to the other. Obviously after all that had happened the reunion was awkward to say the least.
 
“Hello mother, father ...” he said courtly, as he sat up.
 
His parents said nothing. After a few more seconds of silence the young heir turned his head towards them, only to be met with looks of frustration and sadness.
 
“For what it's worth, I'm sorry ... Though I know that doesn't change what I've done.”
 
“Where have you been all this time Adam?!” Randor angrily blurted out.
 
Adam opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it, choosing instead to remain silent as his father looked to have more to say.
 
“Do you have any idea how worried myself and your mother have been?! Where have you and Teela been all of this time?!” a furious father screamed at his silent son.
 
Marlana immediately stepped in front of her husband to stop him from doing something he would regret later.
 
“I'm sorry I've caused you and mother so much harm father ... I never meant to have things turn out like this ...--”
 
“But they did Adam!” Randor screamed as he struggled slightly with his wife to move her from in front of him. “Do you have any idea of the harm you've caused Eternia?!”
 
Though he seemed to be furious with his son, Randor's heart was overjoyed to lay eyes on his child once again. His anger filled outbursts were more of a result of the pent up stress and tension he had to endure during the year Adam had gone missing.
 
“Whatever harm I've caused, I'm prepared to pay the price for ... “ Adam said softly, as he stood like a man and faced his parents. “Exile, imprisonment ... I will do any and everything to correct the wrongs I have brought upon everyone ...”
 
Adam surprised himself. Though faced with his fathers anger he didn't run away and hide nor shy away from it like a coward. He knew that redemption would be filled with moments like these, and as long as his God gave him the strength he would endure what was needed to atone for his sins.
 
-xXx-
 
On a gloomy, storming night, on the planet Neshshivau. Wind and rain whipping around everything on the forest world for a good two miles. Deep within an area known to the inhabitants as the Dark Forest. Evil-Lyn stood silently, her black cloak soaked with rain, as she wearily watched the dimensional gate close.
 
' I cannot believe he banished me ... ' she thought disbelievingly.
 
A stream of tears started falling, as the same dread which besieged her heart a couple of days ago filled it once again.
 
' Lord Patamowos, why has my master cast me aside? Why my God, why? ...' she despairingly thought, as the rain started coming down harder on her head.
 
Though she asked her God for an answer. Evil-Lyn already knew the reason for what had happened. Though she hated to see her temporary exile as a good thing, it was indeed just that. The only other options Kakarotto had was either to ignore the law completely; which possibly could of caused a rift in his rule. Or, have Evil-Lyn put to death. Though she felt as if she were going to die; do to the debilitating heartache. Evil-Lyn knew Kakarotto's decision was for the best.
 
' W-what if he is trying to get rid of me, and this so called punishment is the means he chose to do so ... '
 
Like when Kakarotto first told her about the banishment, Evil-Lyn began to panic. Her deepest fear once again resurfaced. She now more then ever feared that her heart was being trampled underfoot by the man she loved.
 
' Why ...-- ENOUGH!! ' she screamed at herself
 
Evil-Lyn knew she shouldn't be doing this to herself. Deep in her heart she knew Kakarotto genuinely cared for me. Why else would such a man spend three years of his life to train her? Why would he even bother to keep a former second rate witch around him if he truly didn't. He is not a man which wastes his time with trivial things. And if she meant nothing to him, he certainly wouldn't of wasted his time with her to begin with.
 
Evil-Lyn realized that she had to start thinking of finding proper food and shelter instead of concentrating on her insecurities. She was on a world which was completely foreign to her, with no capsule-technology whatsoever. Stretching out her senses, she began to scan the entire planet. Trying to see how many beings inhabited her new home and also to differentiate those with power from those without.

-xXx-
 
A/N: It will be interesting to see how Evil-Lyn reacts to her banishment. And Adam ... his road to make things right should be pretty interesting. Well, let me know what you all thought of the chapter. :) Till next chapter.