Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Call of Destiny ❯ Chapter: 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
The Call Of Destiny
 
“ Speech “
` Thoughts `
(( Inward voice ))
- Telepathy -
 
A/N: Hi all! I'm sorry the chapter took so long to post. Anyway, enjoy! :)
 
Chapter: Eight
 
-xXx-
 
“Well, the day of reckoning has officially arrived ...” Adam said jokingly to his son.
 
Adam stood with Dare in his arm's, nervously awaiting the arrival of his parents. It had been three days since his tell-all talk with Man-At-Arm's. At first Duncan just stared at Adam with a blank look, as he told him the full circumstance's which lead to him impregnating the Sorceress. But once he finished telling his tale, Man-At-Arm's simply closed his eyes, while sighing deeply. Without saying the words, Adam knew his former mentor was greatly disappointed in him. That was why when Duncan agreed to help him, Adam was greatly surprised, but at the same time was to overjoyed for words.
 
“When I was younger Dare, Duncan always supported me even when he didn't agree with my actions. He is a true friend, and when you get older, I pray you will have someone like him in your life to help guide you through,” Adam said lovingly, while glaring at his giggling son.
 
Adam could sense that his parents and Man-At-Arm's were mere seconds away from his room. Within moments the plan, he, Duncan, and the Sorceress agreed upon would begin. He hoped there wouldn't be too much yelling and screaming once they found out who Dare's mother truly was. But knowing his parents, yelling and screaming might be the least of his worries.
 
-xXx-
 
Marlana tenderly held her grandchild, amazed he even existed. Randor also glared down in amazement at his grandson, as he stood in front of his wife.
 
“So far everything is going as planned,” Man-At-Arm's whispered to Adam.
 
“Your right, hopefully things will remain this way ...” Adam whispered back.
 
Though they desperately wanted to believe it was possible, both knew the chances were very slim once the Sorceress arrived.
 
“H-he looks beautiful Adam ... So precious and beautiful ...”
 
“I must agree, but where is the mother?” Randor said, while looking questionably at his son.
 
- It's time Teelana ... -
 
The sound of an eagle's screech suddenly filled everyone's ears. Randor and Marlana didn't pay the noise any heed, but to the other two adult occupants their hearts began to beat faster with apprehension.
 
“Adam, where is the child's mother? Duncan said she would be here to meet us,” Randor repeated.
 
“She will be here any second father ...”
 
Randor noticed the somber look on his sons face. He was about to ask the reason for the expression, until a large eagle suddenly flew through the open window of his son's room, and landed on the floor to Adams right. Both monarchs were obviously taken by surprise by the sudden appearance of the strange bird. But their shock soon turned into horror as the orange eagle suddenly started to glow, and within seconds, began to take the shape of a person.
 
“Adam what is going on?!” his father asked startled, though he already knew the answer to his question.
 
“You asked for Dare's mother father ... and here she is ...”
 
Before his dumbfounded parents, Teelana changed from Zoar to her human form as the Sorceress of Castle Grayskull.
 
“A ...a ....re ....” Randor couldn't speak, for the shock was too great.
 
Marlana on the other hand was furious, and had no problem expressing said anger. But before she began her tirade, she had the presence to place her grandchild on his fathers bed, so he wouldn't get caught up in what she was about to do.
 
“You tramp!! How dare you seduce my son!!” she screamed in a rage, as she stood a foot from the Sorceress.
 
Marlana could barely control herself. Her sudden outburst surprised everyone, except for Randor. For a year, his wife had been suggesting that somehow the Sorceress was the person truly responsible for Adam's attempted coup. At the time, Randor had simply dismissed her theory as mere paranoia caused by stress, do to Adam's actions. But now, as impossible as it seemed, he was beginning to believe she might have been right all along.
 
“Didn't I tell you she was up to something Randor?! Now will you believe me?!”
 
“I ...”
 
Randor was still speechless, his mind entrenched in a whirlwind of confusion.
 
“Mother please listen. The Sorceress had noth ...--”
 
“You don't have to defend her anymore Adam, I know this dog put you up to the things you did,” she said shooting a hateful glare towards the Sorceress. “This was your plan along wasn't it Sorceress? ... You were the person that was truly responsible for the way Adam acted a year ago. You probably seduced him into trying to take over Eternia, and when that failed you proceeded to make yourself a permanent part of Eternia's royal heritage by sleeping with my son and baring him a child!”
 
Everyone in the room except for Dare and Randor stared at the queen as if she had suddenly grown a second head.
 
“Mother please, the Sorceress is a victim in this, not some conspirator.”
 
“How can you say that after the way she was draped over you when you took the kingdom from your father? She certainly didn't seem like a helpless victim back then, the way she was shaking those hips and that lustful grin which was plastered all over her face every time I saw her looking at you. How can she be a victim when it appeared she was an overly willing participant?”
 
' This is not like mother ... Not like her at all ... '
 
Sadness mixed with a nearly overwhelming feeling of guilt began to fill Adam's heart. If only he hadn't done the acts he did, then his beloved parents would have been spared the confusion and apparent tumultuous emotional turmoil.
 
' But the fact remains that I did try to take the kingdom from father, and I did impregnate the Sorceress. I have to make things right, or else I fear mothers outburst will be the least of my worries... ' he thought sadly.
 
-xXx-
 
A half hour had now passed leaving Marlana distraught and crying, while sitting on Adam's bed. Randor tried his best to comfort his wife, but all of his attempts failed. Adam looked on at his parents with great sadness. He was hoping they would of settled down a bit once the Sorceress left with Dare, but so that was far from being the case. He looked over at Man-At-Arm's who was standing a couple of feet from him, hoping that maybe he had some sort of solution.
 
“I'm sorry Adam, I didn't expect it to be this bad,” Man-At-Arm's said sadly.
 
Adam's heart sunk even more, as he heard his friends words. He prayed silently to his God for help, for he no longer knew what to do.
 
-xXx-
 
Now a few minutes pass midnight, Adam found himself atop of Castle Grayskull entrenched in a most interesting discussion with the mother of his child.
 
“What did you just say?...” Adam asked in shock, as the two stood four feet from the other.
 
“I said that even though your mothers ranting was a classic sign of a woman who had emotionally snapped. In some sense she might not of been too far off from the truth ...” Teelana said solemnly.
 
“B-but how is that even possible?”
 
Teelana paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts along with her courage. This was something which was hard for her to admit, though she knew it was the right thing to do and something that had waited too long to be said.
 
“Have you not been curious Adam, as to why, even after what happened a year ago, I so easily excepted your help? Did you believe it was only because I needed help during the pregnancy or that I came to realize Teela's apparent death was a mistake?”
 
Adam simply nodded, and waited for the Sorceress to continue.
 
“You see Adam it wasn't only because I needed help or that I knew what happened was a tragic mistake. I ...”
 
Teelana paused once again. Her emotions were threatening to get the best of her, but the Sorceress knew she had to gain control over them, and continue.
 
“Do you remember this statement? ... Isn't this what you always wanted? To feel my touch, to have me touch you in the way a man touches a woman he loves ...”
 
“And this one Adam ... Woman let me remind you that kiss we shared was far beyond ordinary. You kissed me like we were long time lovers. Trying to pry you off was one of the greatest feats of strength He-Man ever had to perform. You can only use Veena as an excuse to a certain degree Teelana ... Her memories can't force you to do what you didn't feel like doing in the first place ...”
 
Adam's heart sunk upon hearing the Sorceresses words. The two statements were ones he said to her before, when he tried to gain control of her mind.
 
“When you took over my mind I secretly, deep within my heart, wanted to belong to you ...I wanted to feel alive again, like with Teela's real father. Watching how you fought so bravely and selflessly as He-Man made my attraction for you grow. Combined with Veena's feelings towards King Grayskull, and the fact that He-Man is basically a smaller version of him. I found myself slowly, but surely falling in love ...”
 
Stunned silence ...
 
“I knew you would never see me in the same way you view Teela, but even so I secretly held out hope that someday you would ... I wanted to be loved, I wanted to believe that it was possible for you to love me. So when you tried to take control of my mind using Veena's feelings, my hidden desires helped you to accomplish your goal ...”
 
Adam couldn't believe what was said. Nor did he know what to say. His mind, like his father's earlier, and his heart were entrenched in a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions.
 
“Didn't you think it strange the difficulty you had trying to free me from the trance I was in? After we laid together, didn't you find it strange that I was so calm about the whole incident? I cared more about how Teela would react to me, them what we had done in your room.”
 
Adam continued to remain silent, searching for anything to say. But within seconds his confusion only grew, as his heart began to beat out of control, do to the Sorceresses sudden but deliberate movement towards him.
 
' I know that walk, it is the same one she had the first time we ever kissed, ' he thought nervously.
 
“I believe one day young prince, you will have to make a decision which might destroy the hearts of myself or my daughter. I wonder which it will be ...” she spoke softly, as the two were now only inches apart.
 
Beads of sweat poured from Adam's brow, as he glared into her wanting eyes. For Teelana though, she saw no reason to fear any longer. It was now or never for the guardian, for she was ready to except what consequences may come because of her actions.
 
“I grow so tired of this lonely existence ...” Teelana said softly, as she slowly moved her lips closer to his.
 
-xXx-
 
On a beautiful mid-afternoon day, on the planet Neshshivau ...
 
Evil-Lyn easily deflected Palath's kick with a simple flick of her right hand. The teen was shocked for a moment before remembering who she had been sparring with for the last four hours.
 
“Your attack was to direct, try it again,” Evil-Lyn said flatly.
 
In the three months which had passed since Evil-Lyn came into her life. Palath's life had taken a turn for the better. To say it simply she loved her new friend / new mother. Not that Evil-Lyn treated her like she was her own daughter, but more so, the fact that every time Palath looked upon her face, she saw Mala.
 
-xXx-
 
Mori watched from the shadow of a large tree, about fifty yards away from the open field where the two were holding their sparring session. Though she didn't quite know what it was, something about Evil-Lyn bothered her greatly.
 
' She always wears that same black cloak. Despite numerous attempts to offer her a change of clothing, she always refuses. At first I thought she viewed our clothing as beneath her; do to the haughtiness of the Espel. But, if she's willing to eat our food and stay in our village, then excepting our clothes shouldn't be a problem. It almost seems like she is hiding something underneath ... '
 
Palath's sudden scream interrupted Mori's thoughts. She refocused her attention on the sparring session, only to be met with the site of Palath laying on the ground face first. The prideful grandmother hated to see her grandchild in such a position. But what really made Mori frown, was the way her grandchild chose to dress. She noted Palath had taken off her ankle length red skirt and was now only dressed in a metal plated sports bra like chest protector, a simple red loincloth, and barefoot.
 
' I've warned that girl many times not to dress so revealing, ' Mori thought angrily.
 
Palath usually chose to dress exactly like her grandmother, and she would've been, if the teen didn't choose to discard her skirt, and the metal plated shoulder guards. But in someway Mori could understand the choice, considering it was a spar session and that there weren't any males around; to peer lustfully at her maturing body.
 
Suddenly hearing another scream coming from her grandchild, Mori once again refocused her attention on the pair.
 
' Once again she is easily defeated... Palath's skills are exceptional for a person her age, yet she is swatted away time after time despite the combination of attacks. '
 
Mori had watched the pair spar many times before and each session always ended the same way despite her granddaughters valiant efforts. Mori then thought back to the stories Palath told her about how Evil-Lyn defeated the Uctu and Morila, and for the first time entertained the idea that they might of been true after all, and not the result of her imagination.
 
' But that's preposterous, no one on Neshshivauis that powerful. The only time I've heard of such a thing being done is in the Book of Ages; telling of the might and terrifying power of the Eternian's. '
 
Mori realized she didn't know much about the Espel and perhaps their were some that could do what Palath had claimed. Either way, the elder Neshshivian knew she had to find out more about Evil-Lyn, though she wasn't sure how to go about it without asking the former witch directly.
 
-xXx-
 
Despite every attempt, Palath repeatedly found herself face down on the ground with a mouthful of grass. No kick or punch combination she had tried so far proved to do nothing more then get a reprimand from Evil-Lyn about the predictability of her attacks. Being one of the more accomplished warriors in her village her pride was taking a severe blow, but yet she was secretly beaming with pride over the power of her new mother.
 
Evil-Lyn though was torn whether to teach Palath how to become truly powerful or simply leave that part of her life be. With proper tutelage Palath could become very powerful, but that was one of the drawbacks Evil-Lyn saw. She didn't want her young friend to possibly turn into another Adam, and hurt the ones she loved, because of the overwhelming need to gain revenge for the death of her mother. Evil-Lyn was not blind to one of the reasons the teen wanted to spar with her. She knew that Palath hoped to increase her own strength, so that she would be able to avenge Mala's death by killing Morila.
 
“I believe it's best we stop for now Palath, you look like you're about to faint ...”
 
Palath was going to protest, but she had to admit the idea of taking a break sounded good.
 
“Thank you lady Evelyn ...” the teen said weakly, in-between deep breaths.
 
A chuckle escaped Evil-Lyn's lips, do to her friend's level of exhaustion.
 
“I wish to thank you again for agreeing to help me with my training lady Evelyn. Though it has only been a short amount of time, I can already see improvement in my skill,” she said giving Evil-Lyn a warm smile.
 
“You don't have to keep thanking me Palath. It is your hard work which has brought about your improvement, I only served as a guide.”
 
In a surprising move, Palath suddenly gave Evil-Lyn a huge hug. At first the former witch froze, unsure of what to do or say towards the show of affection. But, a second or so later, she returned Palath's gesture with a light pat to the teens back with her right hand.
 
-xXx-
 
Mori watched the scene silently. She had known Palath was growing more and more attached to Evil-Lyn, the more time the two spent together. Despite her concerns of what secrets Evil-Lyn might be hiding, she knew that having her in Palath's life had served to help her grandchild immensely.
 
' I haven't seen her so happy since before Malas' death... ' she thought with a twinge of sadness. ' I should've known this was going to happen. Evelyn's face is a mirror image of my daughters. It would seem only natural for Palath to find joy from gazing upon it. '
 
-xXx-
 
“I'm sorry lady Evelyn, I don't know what came over me ...” Palath said sadly as the two separated.
 
Evil-Lyn chuckled, while putting a reassuring hand on Palath's left shoulder.
 
“There is no law which states a warrior cannot show any emotion,” the former witch said smiling.
 
Palath returned the smile, as Evil-Lyn realized this seemed to be the perfect time to address some of her concerns with her young friend.
 
“You've made a lot of progress since we first started sparring together. That is why I feel I should warn you now about certain things.”
 
“Warn lady Evelyn?” she asked quizzically.
 
“There was once a mighty warrior who fought for his land against those who tried to conqueror it. One day, an opportunity arose for this warrior to gain even more power and possibly vanquish all evil from the land as well. He took this opportunity and gained far more power then he even knew existed.”
 
Evil-Lyn paused for a few seconds, which prompted Palath to urge her to continue with the story.
 
“What do you think happened next? Do you think he freed his land from evil or failed in his attempt?” she said softly.
 
“I assume he freed his land and vanquished evil from it.”
 
“You assume this because he gained unbelievable power, am I right?”
 
“Well yes, if he indeed did gain the type of power you say, then what possibly could've stopped him from accomplishing his goal?”
 
“Himself ...”
 
Palath glared at Evil-Lyn obviously confused by her answer.
 
“You see, he did manage to destroy the greatest evil from his land. But, in doing so, it cost him the life of the woman he loved the most.”
 
Now the teen was even more confused, but she decided to save her questions for when Evil-Lyn finished telling the tail.
 
“You see, he grew in power, but not in maturity. There is a saying, with great power comes great responsibility. That is a true and wise saying, which everyone in life should adhere to. But, there is another, even though not as widely known but yet equally important. Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely ... “
 
Palath may of been young, but she was far from being dumb. The teen knew instantly what Evil-Lyn was trying to say to her, and immediately started protesting that she wouldn't do anything to harm someone she loves.
 
“That's the same thing he thought, but the hatred towards his enemy clouded his mind to the point where he almost became that which he hated.”
 
“But I'm not like that! I will never, never harm the people of my village!”
 
Palath's emotional outburst surprised Evil-Lyn, but the former witch kept a calm demeanor, and continued to speak.
 
“Having strength and knowing how to handle it are two completely different things. The warrior I mentioned learned this lesson too late. You may one day avenge what happened to your mother, but at what cost?”
 
Palath looked as if she was going to explode with anger. Evil-Lyn continued to remain calm, knowing it was the best thing to do in the current situation.
 
“Hate can consume like a fire, and in the end leave your heart nothing but ashes ...”
 
“I thought you would understand, you sound just like my elder!” Palath suddenly blurted out.
 
“She is a wise woman, who cares for you deeply. She knows that power can be overwhelming. She does not want you to have to pay the price power can bring if you cannot control yourself. I wouldn't doubt that at this very moment, she is somewhere in the forest spying on us right now ...” Evil-Lyn said smirking.
 
Mori was shocked upon hearing Evil-Lyn's words. She didn't know if her presence had been detected, or if Evil-Lyn was merely using her as an example.
 
“I'm a stranger in your village and naturally I'm being watched cautiously. We spend a lot of time together, though you know very little about me ...I could be the Demon Queen herself for all you know ... Yet you seem to trust me so blindly.”
 
“I trust you because you saved my life ... If you were evil, then I doubt you would've of wasted your time.”
 
Evil-Lyn let out a small smile as she heard Palath's words. Indeed, she had cast aside her previous life of evil, and was beaming inwardly that it was manifesting itself through her actions.
 
“I know what it means to hate with every fiber of my being ... ” she said suddenly changing the subject back to the original topic. “I also know what it is to feel scared ... and confused. I know the feelings of wishing death would take me, freeing me from my pain ... But ... I also know what it means to gain freedom from my hate, and live a life free from what caused my pain ...”
 
Palath closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh. She didn't know what to think at the moment. Evil-Lyn's words made her feel guilty. For the first time, she started to wonder if taking revenge on her aunt would cause someone she loved to die as well.
 
“From what I know, your mother loved her sister enough to try and save her from herself. If you do one day fight Morila perhaps you could finish what Mala started ...”
 
Both Palath and Mori gazed at Evil-Lyn strangely.
 
' What's going on here? How does she know the reason Mala went to fight Morila? ... ' Mori asked to herself.
 
“H-how do you know the reason why my mother went to fight with her sister? ... No one in the village knew except for myself, my sister Siobhan, my father, and my elder,“ Palath asked surprised.
 
Evil-Lyn immediately knew she had erred, and devolved more information then she needed to.
 
' This is what I get for interfering in the affairs of a world not my own... ' she mused to herself.
 
“I can read minds ... I took the information from yourself when we first met, and from the archer, Zahalo, when I was healing her after you stabbed her in the eye,” Evil-Lyn said flatly, though she was a bit surprised with herself, that she had decided to go with the truth, instead of trying to deceive with a made up story.
 
' A mind reader?! ' Mori said stunned. ' No wonder I feel uneasy every time she is around me ... '
 
Deciding it was time to remove herself from the shadows, Mori began to make her way over to the two.
 
“You should head back to your home now Palath. It looks like we will have to continue this conversation later ...” Evil-Lyn said with a smirk, as she sensed Mori heading towards them.
 
The young elf started to worry; thinking Evil-Lyn telling her to leave was the result of the former witch being offended by the way she had acted. Evil-Lyn saw the look on her friends face and read her thoughts to see the reason for the expression. A small laugh escaped her lips, as she quickly reassured Palath by motioning the teen to look behind her, to see the approaching form of her grandmother.
 
-xXx-
 
“Do you want me to leave Palath be? ...” Evil-Lyn calmly asked, as Mori stood six feet from her.
 
“No ... Spending time with you has served her well ... My concern is not about the effect you have on my granddaughter lady Evelyn, but instead the reason you are here ...”
 
“It was you and your people who invited me to live among you while I'm here in your land.”
 
“Yes, I know ... It was the least we could do after Palath's stories about how you saved her ... In no way am I regretting our offer of friendship. I just wonder what is your true purpose here among us so called lesser beings ...”
 
“I ... am just a traveler,” she said flatly.
 
“I do not mean to insinuate you're withholding truth, but I haven't met many mind readers who just happen to travel. Those few I have met, have always had a purpose when journeying into a land.”
 
“And what truth or purpose do you believe I'm withholding?...” Evil-Lyn said coldly, causing Mori to immediately tense up.
 
“That I do not know ... I was hoping to observe you in secret and see if you revealed something.”
 
“And the reason why you have apparently abandoned that strategy?” she asked in the same emotionless manner.
 
Mori's fear began to rise the more she gazed into Evil-Lyn's piercing eyes. Being the hardened warrior she was, the elder elf was shocked to feel this way.
 
“Because I feel that if you are hiding something which may harm Palath or anyone in the village, then I feel I should give you a fair warning, that I will strike you down if need be ...” Mori said in a deadly tone.
 
Though the threat was meant to inspire fear, it instead produced the exact opposite as a small laugh escaped from Evil-Lyn's lips.
 
“Let me warn you again ... Whether Espel or mind-reader, if I feel you are going to harm my people then I will have no choice but to stop you, even at the cost of my life ...” Mori said with a hard stare, as her anger was rising do to Evil-Lyn's apparent scoff of her threat.
 
“If that day ever arises then do what you must to protect those you love ...Though, killing me will be the hardest thing you will ever attempt,” Evil-Lyn said with a smirk.
 
“It would do you well not to look down on the strength of me and my clan. We may not be as you Espel, but no-matter the enemy we will fight to the last.”
 
“I am sure you and your people will Mori. From what I've seen you are all very brave and care for each other greatly. But ... even if you all were to battle me at the same time, you and your people would still fall ... “
 
Mori's anger was now moments away from exploding. Though Evil-Lyn had first praised her and her people. She then greatly insulted them, by saying one person could defeat the entire tribe.
 
“To battle me means instant defeat elder of Hemtel, I don't suggest you or anyone you care about tries to.”
 
Uncharacteristically, Mori allowed her temper to get the best of her and suddenly ran towards Evil-Lyn with her right fist drawn back. The former with easily sidestepped the punch, then before Mori had a chance to react she used her amazing speed to reappear a foot behind the elder elf.
 
“Your speed is exceptional for a woman your age. But, it is completely ineffective against someone such as myself,” Evil-Lyn said calmly.
 
Mori's anger erupted once more, as she quickly whirled around and threw a series of punches and kicks towards her suppose mocker. Evil-Lyn though easily avoided the attacks, but was careful not to retaliate.
 
' I was hoping causing her to get angry would lower that mental shield, but she certainly is quite skilled; that she can even maintain it while attacking me out of rage, ' Evil-Lyn thought to herself.
 
Evil-Lyn considered forcefully removing the mental shield, but decided against it, do to the risk of doing permanent damage to Mori's mind. She had no grudge or ill feeling's what so ever against the elder elf. Instead Evil-Lyn felt fortunate to have met Palath, Mori, and all the people of Hemtel. Evil-Lyn saw she might have to reveal some of the truth of her being on Neshshivau in order for her to get the answers she desired, about the people's apparent worship of Eternians.
 
-xXx-
 
Mori was shocked at how fast Evil-Lyn moved to afford her strikes. It was one thing to have your attacks blocked, but to have not even one touch your opponent was certainly startling. Mori stopped attacking, realizing her efforts so far had been completely fruitless. Naturally she felt embarrassment; given her high level of skill at combat.
 
“Mori ... I do not wish to become enemies ... Forgive me if any of my earlier words upset you ...” Evil-Lyn said apologetically.
 
Mori stared at Evil-Lyn for a few seconds with a blank expression, before giving the former witch an affirming nod.
 
“Good ...” Evil-Lyn began to summon her courage, for she knew telling part of the truth would cause her great heartache.
 
“I am not a simple traveler like I had stated to you and Palath. I was exiled as punishment for an altercation I had with my masters future bride ...”
 
“Altercation?”
 
“Yes ... And a quite physical one at that ...” Evil-Lyn's hate for Seih started to stir within her heart, but she quickly settled her emotions down. “My master was confronted with two options after the incident. Either have me put to death or this temporary banishment ...”
 
“If what you say is true, then that explains why you never like to talk about your life on Espel. But, why do you never remove your cloak? Doing such a thing only brings about more suspicion upon yourself.”
 
Evil-Lyn slowly pulled back the hood of her cloak, causing an immediate gasp to escape from Mori's lips.
 
-xXx-
 
Two hundred miles away, in an area of Neshshivau known to the inhabitants as the Dark Lands. High atop a mountain known as Skull Mountain; named so for what the people believed to be an enormous skull carved on the face of it. Inside an old, deteriorating, vegetation covered castle. The new master of the structure, sat on the previous lords thrown, as she addressed her greatest student.
 
“Has that little spy of yours been able to locate the other piece of the parchment?”
 
“Not yet Koceti, my mother doesn't even trust those she loves to know of it's existence,” Morila calmly stated.
 
“I'm beginning to think I should have entrusted someone else to ensure its procurement. Once again you fail to show your worth,” Morila said with a hint of disgust.
 
Morila bit her tongue, knowing she did not yet possess the power to challenge her master head on. Ever since the incident with Evil-Lyn, the pair's relationship was steadily going downhill. Morila's attitude towards her student had become quite harsh, and often times hinted of detestation. Morila was no fool, she noticed the change in her master's attitude, and knew that could mean only one thing.
 
' She must be planning to replace me ... probably with some child who shows great potential to wield the power of the Demon Queen, or perhaps ...'
 
Morila began to grow angry at the thought now running through her head. Their was a person her master constantly brought up in conversations. A person who Morila was learning to hate more and more as the days passed.
 
' She only met her once, yet she raves about that woman like she was a prized pupil, '
 
Morila tried to settle down, before her master became aware of her anger. She remembered she had a plan for when she gained access to all of the pieces of the mystical parchment. A plan which she reminded herself, that would deal with Koceti and also eliminate her maters latest obsession; the person who shamed her three months ago in the village of Brightwood.
 
' Soon she shall pay, along with my sisters miserable child ... Soon, very, very soon... '
 
-xXx-
 
A/N: Well, let me know what you think of the chapter and the story so far. :)