Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Great Job Search ❯ Sunday 28th October ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Vegeta's Diary
The Great Job Search
 
Sunday 28th October
 
This planet is undoubtedly the most ridiculous place I've ever lived. I was outside the Capsule Corp. today with Trunks (that strange boy from the future), when a puny little man came and put a notice on a lamp post. The notice stated that `One male from each family has to be employed, unless the family consists of entirely females and/or children. In which case, one adult female must be employed instead.'
 
The most outrageous thing is that they actually, genuinely expect me to be included! The pompous government official (he reminded me strongly of that rat, Zorn) who put up the notice threatened me with `punishment' if I decided to break the law. Forget about breaking the law, I was sorely tempted to break his scrawny little neck! He was nothing more than a grunt though, and I doubt that taking his life would have done anything to remove the law.
 
We are rapidly approaching a supposedly challenging battle with androids bent on destroying the planet, and this ludicrous government wants us to get desk jobs! I've half a mind to point the androids in their direction, then sit back and watch. How do they expect me to train?
 
Trunks didn't seem to have a problem with the idea. He even seemed interested, if you can believe it. I suppose that's all I can expect from someone like him. I mocked him for his foolish desire to please the imbeciles in power. He just muttered something about not getting a chance for a `normal job' with all the fighting he had to do in his world. If he really is a Saiyan, he should know that fighting is the only `real' work for us!
 
To top it off, Bulma heard my remonstrations and yelled at me. Something about what the neighbours would think if they heard me, I believe. If she was a warrior, the battles she and I could have would be of epic proportions! She has a fighting spirit. Too bad she can only put it to use through her words.
 
That woman has an unerring ability to get what she wants. She told me that if I wanted any of my training equipment fixed, I'd go and find a job. I am the Prince of all Saiyans! I'm a fighter; the greatest warrior of the greatest warrior race in the galaxy! I can't be expected to know how to repair training equipment. On Vegetasei, no mere engineer would dare to tell me to `wait my turn or go find someone else'. I have no doubts that she'd hold to her threat however, so I was forced to agree. In any case, if you don't allow a woman to win a few battles, they'll mope. I can't stand living with her when she's sulking.
 
After my agreement, the woman went back inside, making joyous proclamations of my determination to find a job in order to help the family, as though she hadn't just blackmailed me into it!
 
I'll find a job tomorrow. It can't be too hard, after all, what fool would refuse the Prince of Saiyans?