Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Morning After ❯ Gohan Gets Beaned ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Um, hi everyone. Just to let you know this my first shonen ai story(I've always written harder stuff.), so go easy on me if this fic at first seems to go nowhere. Trust me, it'll all come together in the end, but first a little character development, ok? Also, the beginning of this story if based on actual episode. Please review!

THE MORNING AFTER
by animegrrrl


Ch.1 - Gohan Gets Beaned

Orange Star High School: A 16 year old Gohan is up at bat. This is the first time he's ever played baseball. He isn't nervous about playing badly; the rules seemed easy enough. What he was afraid of is accidentally injuring Orange Star's crack pitcher Sharpener. Gohan had already messed up in the field, leaping much too high for an average human just to get the ball. He had to be careful, he had to repress his strength, or the people around him might find out just how different he was.

Gohan watched Sharpener wind up the ball. The half-Saiyan gripped the bat and gritted his teeth. He was so concentrated on controlling himself that he didn't even move as the ball flew toward him- and into his head at 90 mph. It took a second or two of people staring at him slackjawed for Gohan to realize that he should be acting like he was in pain. Gohan dropped the bat and gripped his head. "Owch! Ow, ow, ow, ow..."

*****
It was a sunny day out. Yamucha sat underneath an umbrella at a sidewalk cafe. He was dressed nicely in tan slacks and a matching jacket. His sipped his capuchino while eyeing the crowd for his late date. He wasn't too eager about it; he was considering dumping the person. Not that he wasn't fond of that person, it's just- well, being on the receiving of someone who's always broke is a real drag.*

Something in the crowd of pedestrians caught his attention. Walking toward him was a nice looking young man, or at least he would be, in Yamucha's opinion, if the pedestrian didn't have a pink bandana(oddly lumpy) perched icongruously upon his head. Yamucha put down his capuchino and took a closer look at the handsome youth. There was something naggingly familiar about him... "Could it be...?" he questioned. That spiky dishevelled hair, rising up like black flames, those wide innocent eyes and open face... Yes, it definetly had to be... "Gohan? Oy! Gohan!"

Gohan stopped. Someone was calling his name... He peered in Yamucha's direction. Surprise lit up his face. "Oh, Yamucha! Hello!" And there two long lost friends met on the sidewalk of a street corner cafe.

Yamucha pumped Gohan's hand, the two of them smiling in delight at seeing each other. "Look at you!" gushed Yamucha, as he gripped Gohan's shoulders. "I can't believe how much you've grown!"

Gohan chuckled. "Everyone says that."

"But really, you have. I think you're actually a couple inches taller than me now. You're handsome, just like your father."

Gohan blushed as he sat down across from Yamucha. "I am?"

"Definetly. I bet you're a real lady killer."

Gohan sank lower in his chair. "Um, no, not really."

Yamucha laughed at his friend's embarrassment. "Poor kid! Alright, I'll stop teasing you. So, wanna tell me how you got that lump on your head?"

"Oh, this?" Gohan touched his hand to the bandana like he had forgotten it was there. "I'm pretending to be injured. Earlier today I got beaned in the head by a fastball."

"Yowch!"

"Actually, I didn't feel a thing. I swore I was fine but they still wanted to send me home. I refused."

"Why?"

"Kaasan."

"Oh, your mom! Ha, ha, yeah. She'd be so mad if you missed a day of school for no reason." Gohan nodded in agreement.

"They made me wear an icepack on my head just in case." Gohan winked. "Head concussions can show up later, ya know."

"Oh man, that's hilarious. It's funny how a fastball wouldn't damage your Saiyan noggin and yet Chi-Chi could still hurt your father using a frying pan."

"I know! Oh Kami, even Piccolo was afraid of the 'FRYING PAN OF DOOM'!"

"Are you serious?!" Both of them started laughing really hard at the mental image of Goku and Piccolo, among the most powerful warriors in the universe, cowering in the presence of Chi-Chi. It was just plain ridiculous!

After a while the pair calmed down. Yamucha asked how Gohan was doing and Gohan told him how he was in high school now. He also told him of the mishaps and misadventures that had happened to him since he came to the city. Finally, he mentioned how badly he had messed up while playing baseball.

Yamucha made an offer. "If you want, I could really teach you the in's and out's of playing baseball. After all, I am a pro."

"You still do that? I thought you had stopped."

"Yeah, well, it pays the bills. Besides, I really do love the game. You talked about how much trouble you had controlling yourself. I know what you mean. If I really wanted to I could cream any player in sight. But I don't cuz it would cause too much trouble and because it's-"

"Just not fair." supplemented Gohan.

"Exactly. So if you want, I could teach you that too. Come on, I'll teach you right now."

Gohan sweatdropped. "I'd love to, but I just went out to get lunch. I have to go back to school; the afternoon classes are about to start." The demi-Saiyan got up from his chair. "Nice seeing you."

"Wait!" Gohan paused. "I'd really like to hang out with you. Maybe you could fill me in on what's happening with the old gang?" said Yamucha wistfully. Gohan's surprise showed through on his face. Yamucha noticed the expression. "I still talk to Bulma once in a while, but other than that..."

"Oh... oh." He didn't know what else to say. Suddenly, Gohan realized that he hadn't seen Yamucha in years- and he came to a decision. "Meet me this afternoon, after my classes."

"Where?"

"Um," Gohan chewed on his lip, "meet me outside the school library, by the main entrance, at... around 3?"

Yamucha's face lit up in happiness. "Sure!"

Gohan glanced at his watch and his eyes bugged out. "Geez! I gotta go!" He took off running and called over his shoulder "See you later!"

"You bet!" Yamucha answered back.

NEXT: Ch.2 - Gohan Gets Lessons

*Did anyone else notice the irony of that sentence?