Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Ones They Take For Granted ❯ On My Doorstep... Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Ones They Take For Granted

By Pareathe

A/N: Okay, here's the rundown on this one. Don't ask me why I came up with this...

Special thanks to BluEydMnstr for beta-ing

Pairing: Goku and Videl

Warnings: Lemon, infidelity, angst, probably violence when Gohan and/or Chichi find out *cringes*, maybe a little OOC depending on your POV of the characters... I'll try to keep it at a minimum though.

Chapter One: On My Doorstep... Again

Why do I do this to myself? It's not like my stare is going to tear him away from that Kami-damned laptop any faster.

Maybe if I sigh a little louder?

Nothing. Damn you, Gohan, can't you even look at me?

Of course not. He never looks at me anymore. He's too busy - with work, with school, with Pan - with everything and everyone. Well, everyone except me. And why should he pay attention to me? I'm only his wife, after all... Shimatta, it's already midnight. It's too late to do this to myself right now. I give up. I'm going to sleep.

Finally! His eyes have finally managed to leave his lap and look at me. Maybe... I hear the soft knock at the door. Figures.

"I'll get it," I offer in response to his silent plea. I can't sense energy levels like my husband, but I don't need to this time. I already know who it is. We rarely have company that isn't family, and there's only one who's ever come after nine P.M.

Looks like Chichi's on the warpath again.

His attention's already back to whatever he was working on before the interruption. One of these days I'm going to have to get someone to teach me how to throw a ki blast. Maybe that would get his attention.

I slip on my robe and slippers before standing up stiffly. Damn, I'm getting old. Maybe that's why Gohan doesn't want me anymore. Oh well, I better not leave Goku waiting on the doorstep. Kami knows he's probably been through enough today as it is.

I make my way carefully down the stairs until I'm at the door. Through the small window I see the shadow of spikes jutting every which way. I open the door, and I can't help the smile that forms on my lips. He hasn't changed since the first time I met him almost fifteen years ago. Damned Saiyajins. The man is over fifty years old, and there is not one wrinkle or gray hair or less than perfectly toned spot on his body. I swear, if he wasn't my father-in-law, I'd hate his guts for being so Kami-damned flawless.

He spins around and flashes me the goofy grin that seems to be permanently plastered to his face, and I wonder, not for the first time, if that expression is genuine or more of a habit.

"Hey Videl. Gomen... I know it's late..."

"Come on in," I interrupt as I move to the side so he can enter. "We were still up."

He walks in tentatively, which I find quite amusing. I mean, he's the strongest being in the known universe, and he's afraid of walking into his own son's house. Of course, I know how much he hates doing this. I still remember the first time Gohan brought his father over after one of their arguments. Correction: one of her arguments. I've seen a few in my time, after all, and they've always been one-sided. It's sad really. Chichi flies off the handle about whatever bothers her that day, and Goku just sits there and takes it. Or he apologizes a lot. Considering the time, I can guess what this fight was about. It wouldn't be the first time she's sent him away from her bed by throwing him out of the house. It's enough to make me want to choke the menopausal wench. She just doesn't know how lucky she is.

Maybe that's why Gohan has no interest in sex. Perhaps it's genetic; he gets it from his mother. That would be my luck.

Goku used to stay in the woods when Chichi would kick him out. Of course, when Gohan found out, he insisted his father stay here instead. It doesn't bother me any. I know Goku can take care of himself, but he's family. He shouldn't have to camp out in the forest. I wonder if Gohan would have been so generous if he had known at the time just how often Goku would end up staying over. Hell, he lives here just as much as he does the house next door these days.

I lead him to the kitchen instead of the guestroom like I normally do. He usually ends up here anyway, and this way I don't have to worry about him fumbling through the cabinets after everyone's asleep. Besides, it's detrimental to the health of my appliances to ask him to fend for himself and cook. I thank Kami for my foresight when I hear a soft rumble behind me. I turn and he gives me an apologetic smile as his hand rubs his stomach. It makes him look so young and innocent despite everything he's endured in his life. It's actually quite adorable.

He sits down at the table and waits patiently as I heat up a pan of lasagna left over from dinner. As an afterthought, I pull out what I need to make garlic bread. Why not? It's not like I have anything else to do. Gohan probably hasn't even noticed that I'm gone.

I can feel his eyes on my back as I spread a layer of butter over a thick slice of homemade bread carefully before sprinkling it with garlic powder and a touch of salt.

"Are you okay, Videl?"

Why would he be asking me if I'm okay? I'm not the one who's homeless for the night. Then I feel a small droplet of water fall to my hand and I stop short. I didn't even realize I had started crying until he said something. Now I feel the slight shaking of my body and the tightness in my throat. "I'm fine, Goku-san." Oh, that was convincing... maybe it didn't sound quite as bad to him as it did to me.

"Why are you crying? Did I interrupt something?"

Kuso, I guess not. "Iie, you didn't interrupt anything," I tell him honestly. Now for the lie. "I think I'm just tired." Damn it, not only was that a lame excuse, but it'll make him feel bad, too. Boy, I'm on a roll tonight.

"Oh." I hear the chair slide back and then there's a warm hand on my shoulder. Strange, through my robe I can feel the strength he possesses even as he gives me a gentle squeeze. "Well, if you ever want to talk about it, I'll be happy to listen."

Sometimes it's easy to forget that while Son Goku may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, he can read auras and therefore his intuition is second to none. He knows I was lying, but should I talk to him about this? I've never really spoken at length with my husband's father at all. Why not? I need to talk to someone.

"It's hard to explain," I admit softly. "I've been feeling..." Okay, maybe this isn't such a good idea.

"Lonely?"

Wow, I'm impressed. I wasn't even sure how to describe it until he said it out loud. I nod almost imperceptibly.

He's still standing behind me, but he takes his hand from my shoulder and backs up enough for me to turn around. I don't think I'm ready to look him in the eye just yet, though. Unlike him, I'm not used to talking openly about private matters. He hasn't said anything yet, and I begin to wonder if perhaps he's changed his mind as well.

"Why?" he inquires.

Sure, the question is simple enough, and yet I have no reply. Perhaps it's because I am slightly uncomfortable talking about this with Gohan's father, or maybe it's because it's just plain embarrassing to admit that your husband doesn't have any interest in you outside of cooking and cleaning. Goku wouldn't know anything about that. His wife looks old enough to be his mother, and he still desires her. Then it hits me. Sure, he wants her, but I can't remember the last time she let him touch her. At least not that I know of. I know he tries, but considering that he's here now instead of in bed with Chichi, maybe he understands better than I give him credit for.

I continue making the garlic bread as I consider my words. To my surprise, he moves to stand beside me and mimics my actions while he waits for me to continue. Screw it, I've already opened the can of worms, might as well let 'em squirm.

"I don't think Gohan finds me... attractive anymore." There, that wasn't so bad. I hear Goku choke. He even drops the knife he was holding. It's not the reaction I was anticipating. Maybe I shouldn't have been so blunt after all. "Gomen, Goku-san..."

"Iie," he stops me with a wave, "I'm okay. I just wasn't expecting that."

Obviously not. "I shouldn't have said anything," I say quickly. I have my pride, and I'd like to keep it as intact as possible, so I busy myself by putting the bread onto a pan and sliding it into the toaster oven.

"No, really... I just..." he stammers as he fights to collect himself. His face becomes thoughtful as his eyes move over me purposefully. Kami, he's got beautiful eyes. They're so... open. Then his gaze comes back to meet mine and he shrugs. "I just can't imagine why Gohan wouldn't find you attractive, Videl. I mean... you're a knockout. He'd have to be blind not to notice." I see a slight blush creep across his cheeks at the admission. I know for a fact I've never seen that before.

Still, there's no doubt in my mind that the slight pink on his face is nothing in comparison to the blush I feel rising on mine. I probably resemble Piccolo when he's embarrassed, glowing that lovely purple color. Why am I blushing? He's probably just saying that to make me feel better. I mean... I'm thirty-two years old. Hell, Goku looks younger than me, for Kami's sake!

The oven buzzes. Oh yeah, the lasagna. Good, I'm saved by the bell. I pull back to open the oven, and thankfully Goku goes back to his place at the table. As soon as the smell hits me, I realize that I'm actually kind of hungry myself, so I pull out a small piece and place it on a plate before putting the rest on a platter for the Saiyajin behind me. Then I get the garlic bread and note with satisfaction that it's slightly browned. Perfect.

That's when I hear the creak. Third stair from the bottom. I keep forgetting to ask Gohan to fix that, not that he could anyway. My husband may be a brilliant man and a skilled fighter, but Mister Fix-It he is not.

When you want to rouse Gohan, bring out the pasta. Maybe that's the key. Next time I'm in the mood, I'll cover myself in noodles, tomato sauce and melted cheese. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at the image in my head. The cheese would burn like hell, anyway. Oh well, so much for another great idea.

"Hey, 'tousan," Gohan greets before coming to me and pecking me on the cheek.

I smile sweetly, though Goku's slightly raised eyebrow doesn't go unnoticed by me. Please, Kami, don't let him say anything.

"Hey, Gohan. Have a seat," Goku offers with a nod. "We were about to eat."

"I know, I smelled it all the way upstairs and my stomach started growling so loud, I couldn't concentrate," Gohan replies good-naturedly as he sits down. Then he glances at the clock. "Wow, I didn't realize it was so late," he notes before settling with crossed arms on the table.

Goku glances at me again before looking at his son. "So what were you doing?"

"Working," Gohan answers. Then he pulls off his glasses and rubs the bridge of his nose lightly before placing them back on his face in one smooth motion.

"Maybe you're working too much," Goku states with a sly grin.

"Tell that to my boss."

Goku shrugs. "I'll talk to Bulma if you want me to. You need a vacation, Gohan. Go take this beautiful wife of yours away for a weekend. You know Chichi and me would be happy to watch Pan for you while you're gone."

He called me beautiful. I knew there was a reason why I like Goku so much.

"I can't right now," Gohan tells his father with a shrug of his own. "Maybe next year we'll take you up on that."

Wow, Goku looks like he's about to scold a little puppy. It would be really funny if I didn't know his motives for doing it in the first place.

"I wish you'd reconsider," Goku says firmly. "Life is precious, son. You shouldn't take anything or anyone for granted while you're here."

The truth and wisdom of those words stirs something within me, so when my husband chuckles, it takes every bit of willpower I possess not to smack the shit out of him. Instead I carry the food to the table to busy my trembling hands. Doesn't he understand just how right Goku is? The man has been dead twice. If anyone would know the value of the time you have when you're alive and among those you love, it would be him.

What's worse is that Gohan seems to decide not to acknowledge the statement at all, but instead asks a question of his own. "So, what happened with 'kasaan?"

I watch Goku's forehead crease slightly. It makes him look so innocent when he does that. More like Gohan's little brother than his father. "I'm not sure. One minute, we were in bed and I was kissing her, and the next thing I know, she pushes me onto the floor and tells me to take a cold shower. When I told her that never actually works, she threw me out."

I stifle a chuckle at the mental picture I see in my head.

"Well, c'mon, what did you expect, Dad? You guys aren't kids any more, you know."

I'm glad I've already put down the food. I know I would've dropped it, and getting spaghetti sauce off of tile without it being slippery afterwards is a nightmare.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Goku asks innocently.

I'd kinda like to know that myself...

"Well, take me and Videl, for instance."

Oh no, he wouldn't... Then I remember who I'm talking about. Damned Sons and their damned lack of inhibition when discussing private matters. This isn't the first time a conversation like this has taken place around me with such bluntness. It's just never been directly related to me. First time for everything, it seems, and it's almost worth it for the look on Goku's face right now. I don't think I've ever seen the man look so... shocked.

It doesn't seem to faze Gohan in the slightest. Why should it, it's not like we have a sex life to really be worried about revealing anyway.

"Well, we're younger than you and Mom, and we only have sex... what? Twice a month maybe?" And the man has the gall to look to me for verification.

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that he said it at all, or the fact that he overstated it a bit. I'm not about to correct that mistake, so I nod instead.

"You're joking."

Funny, it wasn't a question. Oh how I wish he was, Goku-san.

His fork drops with a loud 'clunk' against his plate. "You're serious?"

Woah, it seems this night is just packed with firsts. Goku seems to have completely forgotten about the food in front of him. Where's a camera when you need one? If I don't take a picture, no one will ever believe it.

"Of course I'm serious," Gohan replies with a laugh. "We aren't young like we used to be. I mean, between my work and Pan, we just have too much going on to frolic around like teenagers. I'm sure 'kasaan feels the same way."

Goku just stares slack-jawed at his son. I'm sure I would too if I wasn't the victim of this conversation. Then those wide onyx eyes turn to me, and I can't help but drop my own gaze down to my hands. Now he understands what I meant earlier. I'm not sure whether I'm happy about that or not.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, Gohan. Kami knows if Chichi would let me, I'd show her how much I love her any chance I could."

"I think that's wonderful, Goku-san. Chichi's very lucky."

Uh oh, did I just say that out loud? Well, it's true, so I might as well say as much. Maybe Gohan will take the hint.

"Don't egg him on," Gohan scolds playfully. "I know it sounds romantic, but we both know it's not practical."

If I strangle him, I wonder if I could claim temporary insanity? Your honor, I haven't had sex in weeks, and in my sexually frustrated state, the mention of the lack of importance of physical love by my husband pushed me over the edge... Probably not, but it was worth a shot. Kami knows this situation isn't the least bit humorous. I just really, really need to find something to make myself feel better.

Gohan's finished his lasagna and he gets up and puts his plate in the sink. "I'm gonna lay down. I have to be in early for a staff meeting." He looks at me with that Kami-damned indifferent look. The more I see it, the more it pisses me off. "Don't stay up too late, okay hun?"

Kisama, I'm your wife, not your fucking daughter. "Okay."

***

Gohan leaves, and I find myself alone with a newly enlightened Goku. This should be interesting. If I was smart, I'd say my goodbyes and leave, but it's too damned late, and I want the company.

"Your lasagna's getting cold." I have to say something, the silence is killing me.

"Oh... right."

I take my normal petite bites while he devours what's left of the food on the table almost immediately. Does he even breathe when he eats? I assume not, considering his plate is empty along with the pan of garlic bread before he leans back and lets out a long breath. Then he smiles.

"Wow, that was fantastic! Domo arigato, Videl."

"No problem." I finish my portion as well, and I take the empty dishes and place them in the sink while stealing a glance at the clock over the stove. One-thirty in the morning, and I'm still not sleepy at all. Maybe some fresh air would help. Goku knows where the guestroom is, anyway. "I'm gonna go for a walk," I tell him as I finish rinsing off what's left of our collective midnight snack. "Do you need anything before I go?"

He regards me intently for a moment, and I feel myself shiver lightly. "Actually, do you mind if I join you?"

I hope I don't look as surprised as I feel. Maybe I should be uncomfortable, but the idea of a late night stroll with him actually sounds rather appealing. I can't help it. I'm curious by nature, and the man is proving to be quite an enigma. I wouldn't mind finding out what makes the savior of Chikyuu tick. So I answer. "Not at all."

The look disappears, replaced by that stupid grin. So it is a mask... I wonder what he hides behind it? And why?

I push those thoughts aside for the time being as I follow him out of my house and under a canopy of limbs and leaves. He knows these woods better than I do, so I let him lead me to wherever he decides he wants to go. I'd probably get lost on my own anyway, especially in the inky darkness that covers everything at this hour. Even now, he's being considerate. His legs are much longer than mine, hell, the man towers over me by almost two feet, but he never gets more than two steps ahead as he measures his stride carefully.

I'm not sure how long we're walking, but it's well worth it when we stop and I look at the landscape before me. It's a scene out of one of those nature magazines. There's a stream flowing gently between small boulders and over pebbles that have been smoothed over years and years of liquid persuasion. The grass is so thick it's like a carpet of deep emerald green, even under the blanket of night, and I just want to take my slippers off and curl my toes in it. The little cove is surrounded by ancient trees and newly sprouting buds alike, though I notice that this area seems to have been cleared by hand. Probably Goku's. It's obvious no one else has been here.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Goku is known for his knack of understating the obvious. Still, I suppose it's fitting. Simple words to describe simple beauty. I guess that explains why this place seems to suit him so well. "Hai."

He motions to a spot right on the bank, close enough to dip my feet into the lapping current. "Have a seat," he offers. I look at the ground for a moment. If I get grass stains in this white robe, they'll never come out. Then again, he's taken the time and effort to bring me here; I'll look like a heel if I don't accept his offer.

I guess he figured out why I'm stalling because he takes off the orange gi top and lays it down on the ground. Damn, a woman could get used to this. I accept with a smile and seat myself as daintily as possible considering my attire. It didn't occur to me when I accepted Goku's company that, under this robe, I was still only wearing my flimsy little low-cut and high-hemmed silk nightgown that was originally intended to get Gohan's attention away from his work. I really should have taken an extra five minutes before we left to put on something decent, but it's too late to do anything about that now.

A little dirt doesn't bother my companion at all. He just seats himself, leaving only a few inches between us, with a grace that should, by all accounts, be impossible for someone his size.

So we sit. Goku is looking up at the stars while I take off my shoes and slip my toes into the water, at the same time running one of my hands through the lush green blanket that covers the ground. Neither of us are saying a word, though I have to admit that just being here among the soothing bustle of the twilight hour is much nicer than staring at Gohan's back in my bedroom and crying myself to sleep. I do that too much these days as it is. The more I think about it, the more I wonder what I'm crying for on those nights when the tears just won't seem to stop as they run down my face and soak my pillow. It's not just because my husband doesn't seem attracted to me. It's... everything, I realize. We don't talk anymore. I remember when Gohan and I could talk for hours about everything and nothing. Another thing is that he never touches me unless it's to give me a quick peck on the cheek, like what he gave me earlier, or to nudge me to get my attention. Any other contact is accidental, and every time he says he's sorry when he does it, I just want to scream at him that he shouldn't apologize. Hell, I live for those mistakes.

As time passes, my curiosity gets the best of me, so I decide to risk ruining the calm around us. "What is this place?" I ask tentatively to the stargazer beside me. He looks so peaceful, I almost regret interrupting him at all.

His eyes fall slowly until they level with mine, and I am once again reminded where my husband and his brother inherited their attractive appearances. I've never really taken a notion to study Goku as anything aside from my father-in-law, but right now I look at him, and he is a man. No, that's not right. That doesn't even begin to describe him correctly. Nothing human could compare to what I see before me.

He allows my scrutiny for several silent moments before finally answering my original question. "This is where I used to come when Chichi and I would fight," he explains solemnly. "Here, with the water flowing and the birds singing and the leaves shifting in the breeze, I guess... I guess I don't feel so alone when I'm here."

"I see what you mean." And I do. It's peaceful here, yes, but it's not silent and empty like a void. No, there's life everywhere here, and those sounds have already begun to filter into my soul and soothe the painful areas within. It's not a replacement for what I've been missing, but it's definitely better than nothing.

Then it strikes me. This man was kind enough to show me this place, his place, knowing the beauty and serenity of this haven could have remained a secret forever. "Thank you, Goku-san." Kami, in the darkness that surrounds us, Goku still seems to glow slightly. It's like he's an angel who's been misplaced among mortals. "Thank you for bringing me here."

He nods once, and his lips curve upward slightly. It's not the innocent grin he wears most of the time. No, this slight smile is much wiser, born of years of experience and opposition. "Well, after hearing Gohan talk tonight, I guess I..." His brow furrows slightly, and I'm not sure if he can't find the right words or if he knows exactly what he wants to say, but isn't sure if he should.

Either way, I want to know what he's thinking. "What?"

"I guess I figured maybe, since we both seem to be lonely, that... we could be lonely together."

Simple logic. I can't help but smile at him, even though his face betrays his confusion at his own words. I guess it is confusing, but I've been unwanted and undesired for too long to care anymore where I find my comfort. If my husband will not give it to me, then I will take it where I can get it, whether it be from an accidental touch, the soft sounds of life within this cove, or the presence of one who can empathize with my hopelessness. Besides, the truth is that I haven't felt as good as I do at this moment in a very, very long time.

Has he been this close to me the whole time? Our nearly touching bodies suddenly registers in my mind as his steady breaths lightly caress my face. Maybe it's because of the way the combination of the trees and starlight cast shadows along his angular features, or perhaps it's those unfathomably deep orbs of burning midnight that make my heart suddenly pound like a drum in my ears and my skin suddenly feel so impossibly hot in contrast to the chilled night air. Kami, when was the last time any man, hell anyone at all, looked at me in such a way?

Perhaps this is a dream. Maybe my mind is playing a cruel trick on me, for it seems almost impossible that I could inspire such attention from anyone. I've been ignored for so long that I began to believe I wasn't capable of earning such open appreciation from another, especially not someone like the man in front of me. I don't even realize that my hand has moved from the grass until I see it lightly cup his cheek. Kami, this is real! His skin is so soft and so amazingly warm in the palm of my hand as he leans into it. His eyes close, and the impossibly thick eyelashes weave together and make him look so peaceful and... delicate. I get the feeling that if I apply too much pressure to the visage, it will shatter into a million pieces to match the heart within. It's unreal, that a being so powerful could be as broken inside as a simple, weak, human female like me. And yet, here we are. Both alone, both hurting, and both needing. Which one of us shed the first tear? I feel the slight tickle along my cheek even as I see a single glittering drop fall down his face to baptize my thumb.

Then those endless black eyes slowly open, and for the first time tonight, I recognize what the look he gives me means. I know that I should leave right now. This look, this silent question and unspoken plea is my cue to get up and walk away before this goes too far. Hell, it's already gone too far, but at this point there is nothing that can't be undone and ignored later. He knows it as well. His eyes tell me as much, so why am I not moving? Simple question, and there's a simple answer: I've been too lonely for too long.

My conscience is strangely quiet under the circumstances. I know it's wrong, but... I need this.

I sit up and allow my other hand to join the first on the other side of his face. I've given my answer, and his eyes widen ever so slightly. For a split second, I'm scared to death. Maybe I misinterpreted his actions? Maybe I'm just a fool who is trying to read into something that isn't there? I mean, I've already proven that I'm not thinking clearly, right? What if I'm deluding myself, and -

All doubt of his intent is washed away as he closes the distance between us. When his lips brush over mine, I'm awed by how soft they are. It's like satin against the tender flesh of my mouth as he moves back and forth with feather-light strokes. Those torturously teasing ministrations turn what was a flickering flame into blazing fire almost instantly, and instinct drives me to deepen the contact between us. He obliges me immediately as one of his arms snakes around my body while I move my hands from the sides of his face to wrap around his neck. One of my hands threads its way into his impossibly thick mane of ebony chaos. Kami, it's almost as soft as his mouth! I let my fingers play through the supple strands, marveling at the feel and texture, wondering how it stands against gravity when it's so pliable in my hand.

A velvety touch caresses my bottom lip, and I moan gratefully as I allow his tongue to explore the contours of my mouth before meeting mine in a languid duel. It doesn't stay that way long before we pull ourselves together as tightly as two people sitting side by side can and deepen the kiss, our mouths working almost frantically against each other.

At the same moment that I decide to use my grip on his neck to twist myself onto my knees, I feel both of his hands circle my waist and pick me up as though I'm weightless. Our mouths pull apart, and I instinctively move my hands to his biceps to brace myself even though logically I know it's completely unnecessary. Kami only knows how many times I've seen him pick up a small forest's worth of firewood with these same powerful arms, so I can imagine that lifting me up is the equivalent of hefting a sheet of paper. The blazing fire in the inky depths of his eyes sends a shiver down my spine. There's so much there - pain, longing, need, passion, desire -

Goku draws me onto his lap so that we're face to face, forcing the silky material of my negligee to bunch just below my waist while my robe is caught under my legs. The autumn breeze hits the flushed skin of my shoulders and back and I realize suddenly that my robe has been untied at some point and is now totally open, being held up only by my arms that are latched onto the man in front of me. I gasp at the contrast of chilly air against my heated skin as goosebumps form across my exposed body.

It's all forgotten as Goku resumes where we left off moments earlier, one artistically-chiseled arm capturing me and pulling me against his chest while the other hand finds the back of my head, crushing our lips together for the second time. I react to his sudden fervor with an intensity I had forgotten I even possess. This kiss is much deeper, much bolder, and - Good Kami-sama, help me! - leaves me completely breathless, boneless and mindless. I didn't even notice that my hands had found their way under the remaining shirt he's wearing, pulling it free so that I can run my palm along the rock-hard muscles encased in heated flesh that lies beneath it. I register it only after my fingernail grazes a nipple, and he moans softly in the back of his throat sending a slight vibration into our joined mouths. Of course, now that I know, I make damn sure to do it again a little harder.

Goku relinquishes my mouth with a deep growl before returning the favor, and oh Kami! Whoever decided that 'payback's a bitch' has never been in this situation, that's for damned sure! When his fingers find my already aroused nub through the material of my nightgown, it's all I can do not to gouge out a nice-sized chunk of his chest and shoulder where my hands are as every muscle in my body tenses. My head seems to fall back of its own accord, and before I can pick it up again, his hair is tickling my cheek and forehead as all of the wondrously talented tools of his mouth are playing havoc along my jaw line, my neck falling victim right after. Every kiss, lick and nip goes straight to my belly as the familiar sensations send little tendrils of electricity through my limbs, draining every ounce of strength from them.

His teasing fingers retreat, but only to pull my arms down so that he can remove the robe that has been hanging from them. He pulls the rest from under my legs and tosses it to the side before bending forward, his mouth moving along the neckline of my nightdress, then dipping lower, his teeth lightly raking across the smooth fabric in the valley of my breasts. I am totally unable to do anything beyond grip his hair tightly and writhe like a fish out of water. I hiss between clenched teeth as he takes a nipple into his mouth, nipping lightly before pulling it between his lips.

The soft tearing sound tells me he's tired of the barrier between him and the object of his attentions as the now ruined garment falls slowly behind my back. I couldn't agree more, and I tell him as much by pulling myself up so that I can grip the bottom of his weighted training tee and get it out of my way. The damn thing's heavier than it looks! No matter, he releases me and yanks it over his head almost faster than my eyes can follow, discarding it with a toss over his shoulder.

Every inch of my skin cries out in protest at the sudden lack of contact. Time to change that. I grab onto his shoulders to feel his body pressed against mine, and I grind my pelvis down over the bulge that has been brushing against me. Instant reaction, and without a doubt the single most beautiful sight I think I've ever witnessed. His fiery eyes close tightly as he throws his head back, moaning my name breathlessly as his fingers dig into my hips, pulling me even harder onto his answering thrust.

Before I have time to blink, he's flipped us over, the lush grass beneath me cushioning my body against his assault. My mind shuts down as his blessed mouth works furiously against my flesh, and I squirm helplessly against him. Then I feel fingers run an agonizing trail up my inner thigh until it comes to my panties. When his hand maneuvers under them, I cry out, every iota of my being sent into an oblivion of almost painful need to be fulfilled.

As he moves back up and his lips graze my cheek in a quest to take another kiss, I untie the sash at his waist and grin ever so slightly when he doesn't seem to even notice.

Time to let him know.

My fingers slip under the waistband of the gi pants and boxers to collect my prize with a firm grasp. His previously half-lidded eyes snap open and bared canines seem to glow in the dim light surrounding us as he cries out, bucking instinctively into my surrounding fingers. I run up and down the length of his erection in time with his movements, enjoying both the fact that he seems unable now to torture me like he was, and that his entire body is quaking with pent-up desire, the muscles in his arms and chest twitching in a hypnotically exquisite manner. There's something about seeing a man burning with such an intense passionate hunger and knowing it's your touch that brought him to that erotic zenith that's an aphrodisiac all its own. It's definitely driving me on as I redouble my efforts, taking the first moisture he releases and rubbing it in slow circles along the tip of his throbbing arousal while my other hand begins pulling both the pants and underwear down one of his narrow hips. Once one side is down far enough, I work around to the other, until finally he's free from the cloth barrier. He wiggles them to his knees and kicks them off with an impatient snarl before taking one look at the only other thing standing in the way of our mutual desire.

Once an expensive silk garment, now nothing more than worthless ribbons.

He leans down and claims my lips hungrily as my legs wrap tightly around his waist, but the kiss lasts only a moment before he draws back. We're both panting and heaving against each other, and my eyes have fallen closed in preparation for what I've longed for since his hand squeezed my shoulder gently in my kitchen.

But it doesn't come.

When I do brave a glance, my eyes lock onto his, and I see why he's waiting. Kami, no other man alive in our situation would hesitate now! Yet he does. His gaze is clouded with so much, I literally have to study it for a moment to catch the emotions that run rampant through the scorching onyx orbs. Most of all though, he's uncertain. I understand what he's trying to do, and I commend him for it deep within what's left, which isn't much, of my rational thought process.

But if he doesn't do something right now, my brain is going to explode.

I hook my ankles together at the base of his spine and draw his entire length into me in one fluid motion that simultaneously forces an animalistic howl from his throat and a ragged scream from my own. He even loses himself to the point that he falls from perching on his hands to barely holding himself up on his elbows above me. But it's all the convincing he needed apparently as his burning gaze peeks out from under his tightly drawn brow to bore into my eyes. Then he's stealing my breath in the most passionate embrace I've ever experienced as he draws back. Everything becomes a blur as he drives forward again, filling me more completely than I've ever experienced while hindering my vocalization with the demanding kiss.

Just when I think it can't get any better and my body begins to tremble in preparation of my release, he draws his face back and pulls completely out of me. I groan in protest only to have a downright evil chuckle greet my ears as he perches my legs over his shoulders.

Thank Kami I didn't take a deep breath at that moment, or else Dende himself would have been able to hear me yell when his straining manhood buried itself within me more deeply than before. All thought ceases and we both seem to go on autopilot as our bodies thrust and buck into each other in a primal dance of ecstasy. He buries his face in my neck while I hold onto his back like a lifeline, my fingers raking over his slick skin and drawing blood in several places. Compounding Goku's deep strokes with fingers that once again cup my breast and firmly pull against the pert nub, the barrier shatters, sending me into mind-numbing waves of incomprehensible pleasure as the world dissolves around me and I shout his name at the top of my overtaxed lungs. I am very, very vaguely aware of Goku's choked cry a moment later as his warm essence pours into me; his entire body jerks wildly as he bites his lip to the point of drawing blood to continue moving within me so that he can draw both of our climaxes out for as long as possible.

Finally he moves to my side and collapses onto his back, using what seems to be the last of his strength to draw me from my spot on the ground to lay on top of him instead. The mindless cloud that was my mind faintly registers a sluggish movement beneath me and the feel of something covering my naked body a second later. Then the soft, lulling sound of his contented purr surrounds us, and I succumb to my body's demand to shut down as my eyes fall closed and I drop into oblivion.

***

Before my eyes open again, my consciousness notes the subtle vibration beneath my cheek as well as the gentle fingers that run tenderly through my hair. I hear myself sigh softly.

"Videl..."

Mm, I feel way too good to move. Maybe if I ignore it...

"Videl," the soft call beckons again, "we need to go back."

Back? Back to -

And it all comes rushing back like a tidal wave against my sluggish faculties, making me bolt upright and jump five feet away from the man who woke me from my peacefully lethargic state. Reawakened brain equals sudden and undeniable guilt when the conscience catches up on the past few hours. Damn it, I actually did this. I had sex... with... oh Kami! No, no, no! I could not have been so needy... so desperate...

So fucking stupid!

The pre-dawn air makes me sink to the ground and fold my legs against my chest to cover myself as best I can while my eyes search frantically for my robe. It appears in front of me, hanging loosely from the hand of the man that I can't even look in the eye now. I take it and mumble a thank you before scooting around so my back is to him, slipping the robe over my shoulders. Once the waist is tied a little tighter than necessary, I manage to stand on legs that immediately remind me of my current predicament and start searching for my other clothes. Or what's left of them, I see. Ah yes, that's right. Kami damn me and my pathetic lack of control!

Goku has backed several feet away and - thank Kami! - put his pants on. Now he's watching me with a blank expression on his normally animated features, and the guilt compounds to the point that I'm sure if anything were in my stomach it would be decorating the forest floor at this point. And still he stares as though he's seeing me for the first time. And then his eyes drop.

Logic suddenly takes over where emotions simply can't operate properly, and I begin making a mental checklist. Throw away torn clothes...

I look up at the first blast, and catch the second one that completely vaporizes the offending scraps. And people think this man's stupid...

Shower. Lots and lots of soap and shampoo. Have to make sure Gohan's nose doesn't find me out before I can sit him down and tell him. I mean, of course I'm going to tell him. The only time you don't confess is when either you know your husband won't forgive you, which I don't, or you plan to do it again... which I don't. Do I?

Nani?!?! What the holy fucking hell is wrong with me? Of course I won't do this again. This was a mistake! A horrible, despicable...

Goku clears his throat, getting my attention. Then he takes one tentative step towards me. For one moment, I'm frozen before I do the only thing I know to do.

I run.

***

So...? Lemme know what you think! The more reviews I get, the more likely I am to make time to update. *grins* Don't you hate bribery? Not me, I love it and will shamelessly use it to my advantage :-P