Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Show ❯ Talking Helps ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Magic = mine. Dragonball Z = not

AN: Enjoy.

* * *

Trunks flew out the door, tears streaming down his face. He just couldn't believe! His mom had taken the side of a monster against him. How could she say she forgave him? That everyone deserved a second chance. It was absolutely ridiculous! Some things could never be forgiven.

As he flew over the grounds, all he could think about is how much it hurt. He had never known pain like this. Not even when he had found out his father was dead had he felt such pain. All his life he had been lied to. By his mom, his family, and his friends, but most of all by his dad. His father had been a lot of things to him, but a lair was never one of them.

By now he was crying so hard that his breath was coming in short, sharp gasps. Finding he no longer had the will or the energy to fly, he landed in mists of the beautiful garden. Spotting a stone bench, he sat down and placed his face in his hands.

* * *

Daisy walked along the stone path, inhaling the sent of the flowers. There was no doubt that her favorite place on the grounds was the gardens. There was something so peaceful about them. She could easily stay out here for hours (if she could ever find the time). This was one those rare occasions when she had a full hour completely to herself and she couldn't think of a better way to spend it than walking through the flowers.

She had just reached the rose section of the garden when she heard what sounded like crying.

`That strange,' she thought moving towards the sound.

When she reached where the sound was loudest she looked over the hedge and was surprised to see Trunks sobbing into his hands. She considered leaving him be but her motherly instincts got the better of her. She stepped through the bush.

"Trunks? What are you doing here?" she asked gently.

Trunks looked up in surprise and quickly wiped his eyes. He climbed off the bench and was preparing to leave. "Sorry. I didn't mean any harm. I'll go."

"No, no! Please don't go. I just wanted to see if you were okay. You sounded pretty upset," she said taking a seat on the bench.

"I'm all right," he said stubbornly.

"Want to talk about it?" she asked.

"Not really," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"It may not seem cliché, but talking about your problems can really help. Especially if you talk to someone who cares," she said encouragingly patting the seat next to her.

"Why would you care about me?" he asked suspiciously.

"I can't help caring about you when I am you," she said with a sly smile.

Trunks frowned in confusion for a moment before he realized that she was talking about the show. The reminder of what he had just seen made his eyes water. He fought the tears with all his might.

Daisy's heart went out to him. She was tempted to scoop him up and comfort him but knowing his character she figured that he wouldn't appreciate such affection from a stranger. She considered reading his mind but she didn't want to start their relationship by invading his privacy.

"Oh come Trunks," she said coaxing. "Nothing can be that bad."

Trunks thought for a minute, then looked off into the distance. "I guess since you do some of the voices and everything, you've seen all the shows?"

"Yes, I have."

"Then you know that my dad is…he's a…he's a bad guy," he stuttered.

"Yes he was," Daisy said comfortingly. "Did you see the shows? Is that what has you so upset?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Trunks, please come and sit down."

Trunks turned and looked at her then sighed. He walked over and sat next to her on the bench.

"Trunks?" she prompted after a moment of silence.

"How could my dad be evil?" he said softly. "I mean my dad was suppose to be the greatest there ever was. He's supposed to be a hero. The great Saiyan Prince that defends the earth time and time again. That's what I always thought anyway. I guess I was just fooling myself," he said hanging his head in defeat.

"Now, now, Trunks. Don't think like that," Daisy said placing a comforting hand on his back. "No matter what awful things his done in the past, they don't change what his done for you, been to you.

"I just don't understand how he could do such terrible things," Trunks said shaking his head in disbelief.

"Trunks, you have understand that your father didn't grow up as you have. All your life you've had love and good role models to show you right and wrong, the most important of which was your dad himself. But Vegeta…well…all he knew as a child was gore and violence. Those were the things he was brought up to believe in."

"So you agree with my mom and think we should all forgive and forget and live happily ever after, right?" he asked sarcastically. "Forgive me if I don't buy it."

Daisy decided to try another tactic. "Trunks, did you know that your dad is one of the most, if not the most, popular characters on the show?"

"Yeah right," Trunks said.

"No, really I mean it. Do you know why people like him so much?"

Trunks sighed and decided to humor her. "Why?"

"The same reason people like Piccolo and Android 18. They all started out bad and yet they were able to change themselves. It makes them more real than the characters that have always been good. More…human almost."

"Really?" Trunks asked cautiously, almost afraid to believe what she was saying.

Daisy nodded. "You should be pretty proud of yourself."

"Me?" Trunks asked in confusion.

"Yes, you. It was you that helped your dad change. There's no doubt that if it hadn't been for you and your mom that Vegeta would probably never have changed."

Trunks considered this then a look of dread came over his face. "I said some pretty awful things to him back in the hallway. Do you think he's going to be really mad?"

"What kind of things did you say?"

"Well…I sort of told him to stay away from our family. I called him a monster and told I told mom to make him leave."

Daisy bit her lip. `Ouch,' was all she could think.

"Pretty harsh, huh," Trunks said sadly hanging his head.

"Well, its not that bad," Daisy said trying to make things better. "Maybe if you apologize it will be all right. He'll understand you got your sharp tongue from your parents."

"Yeah right. You must not know my dad."

"Well," Daisy said while standing up, "it can't hurt to try." She extended her hand to him.

Trunks climbed off the bench and looked at her cautiously. "All right but I'm not going to hold your hand."

Daisy dropped her hand and smiled. "That's fine. Come on, let's find your dad."

Trunks nodded and together they walked back through the gardens towards the house.

* * *

Okay, my brother tells me that this story is confusing without a list of who plays who, so if you want me to put list of what characters play who just say so in your review. Thanks for reading.